collapse

Author Topic: Why did Vampire: The Requiem reboot the mythology?  (Read 14120 times)

Offline Rick Gentle

• Gangrel Playboy
  • Antediluvian
Re: Why did Vampire: The Requiem reboot the mythology?
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2012, 09:03:15 PM »
Personally, I think it's a Lasombra with delusions of granduer.
Remember: It's not the size of your fangs that matters; it's what you stick them in.

Offline mouser9169

• Methuselah
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2012, 05:28:52 AM »
It could be Caine posing as a Malkav posing as Caine...

After playing as a Malkavian, with all the talk of the Dark Father walking amoung you and other "foreshadowings", it just doesn't make sense for me that it would be anyone other than Caine.

Besides, a cabbie is almost a perfect job for a vampire - you get to meet lots of people, stay up on all the events occuring around you, and keep from being bored out of your undead skull.
Insanity Mod: If you're not dying, I'm not trying.

Offline Claudia Vonigner

• Antediluvian
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2012, 05:49:51 AM »
Playing MMO keeps boredom away too ;)

(boredom is awesome as a plot starter, I've done so many ties and stuff to keep kindred from being bored in my games...)

Offline Rick Gentle

• Gangrel Playboy
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2012, 09:44:16 PM »

After playing as a Malkavian, with all the talk of the Dark Father walking amoung you and other "foreshadowings", it just doesn't make sense for me that it would be anyone other than Caine.
Aside from the fact that Malkavians don't even know their own minds, much less the future, much less the mind of the First Vampire. With Malkavians, you don't want to take them with a grain of salt - you want to dump salt on them like they're a slug and you're a sadistic ten-year-old.

Quote from: mouser9169
Besides, a cabbie is almost a perfect job for a vampire - you get to meet lots of people, stay up on all the events occuring around you, and keep from being bored out of your undead skull.
Funny you should mention that - I just finished Mexico City by Night, and there's a Panders who does exactly that.
Remember: It's not the size of your fangs that matters; it's what you stick them in.

Offline mouser9169

• Methuselah
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2012, 10:56:51 PM »

Aside from the fact that Malkavians don't even know their own minds, much less the future, much less the mind of the First Vampire. With Malkavians, you don't want to take them with a grain of salt - you want to dump salt on them like they're a slug and you're a sadistic ten-year-old.

Perhaps. But as the player we know that what THIS Malkavian sees is true - and even verified in game by Strauss.

Offline Claudia Vonigner

• Antediluvian
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2012, 05:01:31 AM »
Like all prophets you can interpret everything a malk says and tie it to your conception of the world. Like Nostradamus verses.
Like horoscopes they can apply to everything and it's all BS

I hate the mad prophet concept for malkies. I prefer true mental cases, the ones that are in criminal minds, in clinics. No lols.

Offline mouser9169

• Methuselah
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2012, 01:46:10 PM »
Like all prophets you can interpret everything a malk says and tie it to your conception of the world. Like Nostradamus verses.
Like horoscopes they can apply to everything and it's all BS

I hate the mad prophet concept for malkies. I prefer true mental cases, the ones that are in criminal minds, in clinics. No lols.

I wasn't talking about Malkie's in general, but one very specific Malky.  If you go through all the dialog, yeah there are some vague things, but there are a lot more very specific ones as well - recognizing Strauss as "the true king", "the tomb will light up the night sky", seeing Jeanette and Therese as "daughters of Janus" (two faces on the same coin), etc...