collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: About to lose my "LARP cherry"  (Read 763 times)

Online Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
About to lose my "LARP cherry"
« on: February 22, 2020, 01:03:27 AM »
Hello everyone. So I guess the Camarilla is truly everywhere because I managed to find a LARP event right here where I live in Lima, the capital of Peru. It's happening on a three day spree, on March the 6th, the 7th and 8th. I'm thinking of joining up as a Toreador since it's my favorite clan in Bloodlines... or a Tremere perhaps *rubs chin*

I, however... have absolutely no fucking clue what I'm gonna do. I've never larped before (if that is even a term) but I'm super down for it.

Any advice you can give a first timer into this kind of things ?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 01:05:17 AM by Highwayman667 »

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
Re: About to lose my "LARP cherry"
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 01:50:23 PM »
I just saw this and it is probably a bit obsolete at the moment thanks to Covid 19, but I'll give my 2 cents.
Make a character, you are comfortable with. Since Toreador is your favorite clan, maybe go with that. Don't go for a too alien (compared to you own personality) concept at first. Apart from that, have fun. My first LARP was a Babylon 5 LARP and I started out as a murder suspect. It was to get my character involved. I decided, my character would flee and she ended up in Minbari space and became a Ranger (she is human). BTW, she was innocent of the crime and could proof it later in the story.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Online Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 11:42:02 PM »
I just saw this and it is probably a bit obsolete at the moment thanks to Covid 19, but I'll give my 2 cents. Make a character, you are comfortable with. Since Toreador is your favorite clan, maybe go with that. Don't go for a too alien (compared to you own personality) concept at first. Apart from that, have fun. My first LARP was a Babylon 5 LARP and I started out as a murder suspect. It was to get my character involved. I decided, my character would flee and she ended up in Minbari space and became a Ranger (she is human). BTW, she was innocent of the crime and could proof it later in the story.

That is pretty amazing. I had no idea people were even larping Babylon 5  :rofl: !

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 03:12:13 PM »
I just saw this and it is probably a bit obsolete at the moment thanks to Covid 19, but I'll give my 2 cents. Make a character, you are comfortable with. Since Toreador is your favorite clan, maybe go with that. Don't go for a too alien (compared to you own personality) concept at first. Apart from that, have fun. My first LARP was a Babylon 5 LARP and I started out as a murder suspect. It was to get my character involved. I decided, my character would flee and she ended up in Minbari space and became a Ranger (she is human). BTW, she was innocent of the crime and could proof it later in the story.

That is pretty amazing. I had no idea people were even larping Babylon 5  :rofl: !
Yeah, we were a small group in Germany, but it was fun. One time, we had an epic Technomage plot, where we played in the woods. The girl, who organised it, had forgotten to inform the police, that we are larping and of course, a guy saw us in our dark outfits with robes and hoods and thought, we were some satanistic cult or so and called the police. We were lucky, that one of the policemen were a LARPer and Babylon 5 fan.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal