collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Vampire Dark Ages Chronicle (Byzantine Empire, 11th century)  (Read 1038 times)

Offline Saphrax

• Methuselah
Vampire Dark Ages Chronicle (Byzantine Empire, 11th century)
« on: October 01, 2016, 09:16:40 PM »
So here I would like to elaborate on the game I had in mind, and mentioned previously.

The chronicle would start in Constantinople 1068 AD, under the reign of Emperor Romanos IV. 14 years has passed since the Great Schizm, when the Roman Pope and the Patriarch of Constantinople mutually excommunicated each other. The Byzantine Empire is in peril, as the Normans from the west and the Seljuk Turks from the east try to take over parts of the Empire. Romanos plans to halt the decline of the Byzantine military (already consisting a lot of foreign mercenaries) and fend off the agressors, thus turning the tide of an impending downfall.

As for the Cainites, Constantinople, the Dream that was created by a triumvirate of methuselahs, Michael, the Toreador, Antonius the Ventrue and the Tzimisce Dracon is also showing signs of decline. Michael, who has great delusions about being the biblical Archangel Michael has fallen into torpor, Antonius has met his final death almost three centuries ago and the Dracon became absent not long after the Ventrue's demise. Now the families of the Triumvirate try to keep the peace in the city and the Empire, but as time passes and enemies draw closer, it proves more and more difficult.

The chronicle will not be anchored in Constantinople though, as I plan to take the characters eastward, into Asia Minor.

As for the ruleset, I plan to use the Vampire Dark Ages 20th anniversary rulebook, but the Constantinople by Night book would also come in handy.

As for a few other notes so far; clan Tremere is quite young and rare at this point, so please consider this when thinking character concepts. For Assamites I will be using the Kindred blood addiction clan weakness.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 09:19:22 PM by Saphrax »

Offline Kazimir

• Fledgling
Re: Vampire Dark Ages Chronicle (Byzantine Empire, 11th century)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 03:40:12 PM »
This sounds interesting but I would like to know more.

Where do the player characters fit into this story?  Would they be major players in a high stakes game of war and political intrigue?  Or would they be just trying to make their own way and survive another night in a complicated city? 

Offline Saphrax

• Methuselah
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 09:53:48 PM »
This sounds interesting but I would like to know more.

Where do the player characters fit into this story?  Would they be major players in a high stakes game of war and political intrigue?  Or would they be just trying to make their own way and survive another night in a complicated city? 

The latter. Players would be neonates, but that doesn't mean that they won't have impact on the more grander things, as the game progresses.

Offline Gurkhal

• Ancillus
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 07:44:33 PM »
Any news on this front?

Offline Saphrax

• Methuselah
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 07:08:23 AM »
Any news on this front?

Not really, although I'd still like to do this chronicle here at one point, but not during summer because I have a lot to do. If there is interest (2 or 3 players would suffice) I could see a start in autumn.

Offline Gurkhal

• Ancillus
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 11:55:42 PM »
Ok. Usually I would love to dive in, but I already got hooked on another game on another site so I'll afraid I'll have to pass. :(

Offline Kazimir

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 08:16:37 AM »
I'm still interested.

Offline Rubinia

• Neonate
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 10:53:55 AM »
How will it be played? In post-after-post form on Planet Vampire or in chat, or with voice transmition?
"Having created something so extraordinary one would die happy, if one died."

"One is the path of a man, straight and plain: the never ending Crossroads."

Offline Saphrax

• Methuselah
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 03:47:51 PM »
I'm still interested.

Cool. :)

How will it be played? In post-after-post form on Planet Vampire or in chat, or with voice transmition?

Post-after-post form. I prefer that the most when playing online.

Offline MadamePhoenica

• Childe Of The Korn
  • Fledgling
  • Hello Kitten
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 02:37:49 PM »
I've been interested in being involved in a PnP again, it's been nearly 20 years since I played. I will keep a keen eye on this thread, and work out what I will need to get in the way of books and character sheets to assist me in playing. This would also be the first online PnP I've ever been involved with if it goes ahead.

So how does it work? Do we all meet here at a set time? This would be the only way I can think of that would make it work. Plus I'm in Australia, so would probably be more important to know times so I can factor in time zone differences.

Definitely let us know if you do decide to go ahead with it. It sounds like fun!  :smile: :cometome:

*EDIT* I changed LARP to PnP, admittedly I did think they were the same thing, but turns out I've never been involved in a LARP at all :facepalm: but I am definitely looking to get involved in PnP again
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 10:32:20 AM by MadamePhoenica »

Offline Saphrax

• Methuselah
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 10:05:42 PM »
Cool. Nice to see that more people are interested. I'll definetly send a pm when it is close to starting.

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2017, 10:50:55 PM »
I'm interested, did it start yet?

Offline Saphrax

• Methuselah
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2017, 05:23:40 PM »
I'm interested, did it start yet?

No, it didn't start yet. I'm currently knee deep in work, but hopefully I'll have more time to get it started during the winter.

* Game Files