collapse

Author Topic: Raven's Call  (Read 13973 times)

Offline [archive] dalver

• Ancillus
Re: Raven's Call
« Reply #195 on: October 02, 2005, 01:28:00 PM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 "N-no, not really" Dreg said absentmindedly, but instinctively willed up his Soul Mask and put more details on his usual Mask. He hadn't paid attention to where he was going, headfull of thoughts. He hadn't looked at the people before him but he already knew they were Kindred. One was tall and handsome, another one could have been tall if he didn't hunch like that and the third was humming and played with her hair, she was pretty.

"I don't know what goes on, now if you e-e-excuse, I must be on my way" he had to get to the Tremere Chantry. Needed to have a look at some of their books... and McRae was there.

"We only need to talk to some "secretive" acquaintances. You wouldn't know where we could find them at this time of night?" the handsome one said.

Damn it! He asked for help and he did it nicely! Dreg started hating him. "As you can see, our "se-secretive" acquaintances are a little busy at the moment..." he pointed toward a burning sewer "...with Sabbatic preparations".

The hunched one continously sniffed around and became visibly agitated. The handsome one was calm and intently stared down his nose at Dreg. Dreg fiddled with his bike looking in any direction but up.

"I believe it would be of mutual interest to get in touch as soon as possible with our "secretive" acquaintances" the handsome one insisted with a slight trace of an old accent.

Dreg realised that they wouldn't accept a no for an answer and also figured they needed to get the hunched one, inside a well-ventilated room, before he made a scene.

"Inter-netted minds!" bounced the pretty girl and sent shivers down Dregs spine.

"They're busy, can't contact them... gotta... internet-café... know any around here?" Dreg mumbled and started walking quickly, leading his bike.                        

-----signature-----
               in vitae veritas    

Offline [archive] Grendel8101

• Ancillus
    « Reply #196 on: October 02, 2005, 02:12:00 PM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 Ahh, burning sewer.  I really hate this city.  Dusty took out his fresh new pack of cigarettes and started packing them.  He had a feeling he was going to have to chain smoke them to get through the night.  

Dusty sparked one and took in their new acquaintance.  He idly wondered how a vampire could make himself look regular human like that.  Probably not any more strange than reading minds like Lars, seeing the future like Crazy-Girl, or for that matter turning yourself into a bird.

He was a nervous one, and he kept giving Dusty sidelong glances, like he was afraid the Gangrel was going to do something rash.  Probably not outside the realm of possibilities, as Dusty was getting agitated again.  They'd been running around town for two nights, getting nowhere in their search, they'd had to fight a big crab-monster, and he'd been totally screwed out of killing Loco, and Dusty had really been looking forward to that.

He caught Stutters glancing at him again.  "Keep eyeball-fucking me, see what I do,"  Dusty said.

Lars gave him a reproachful glare.  He returned it.  Lars kept it up.  Dusty sighed.  "Sorry, that's the sewer gas talking." he said to Stutters.  Couldn't have their only potential lead of the night get pissed off at them.  They continued on.

So, Sabbat in the sewers, crab-people running around, and they were off to check the...  Dusty frowned.  He turned to Stutters.

"So what the fuck is an internet?"                        

Offline [archive] dalver

• Ancillus
    « Reply #197 on: October 03, 2005, 09:01:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 Dreg found the hunched one amusing. He was coarse, used foul language and played easily annoyed. He wondered what he was trying to hide - probably had no idea what was going on... still had some human mannerisms... very young... interesting.

Unconsciously and without realising it, he seemlessly took on the appearance of the hunched one, but with glasses. Dreg heard something about about internet and started mumbling mostly to himself "electric intelligence and human minds, co-communicating through lights in the ground, co-connected at all times one to the other... informationfreeflow". He was walking blindly and none of the others seemed to suggest any computer place. He didn't know if he should ask or if he should play like he knew what he was doing. The prejudices against his clan were mostly that "the Nosferatu know" and he wondered if he shouldn't play on that a little to gain their admiration... if he could only pull through too...

Merius hadn't responded earlier when he had phoned, but the Shreck-NET was always active, always saw and heard everything, everywhere, at all times. If he needed to get in touch with one of the Brood, Shreck-NET was the way to go. So he assumed that once on the net he would find Merius quick enough... and just then he remembered a computer laden bistro, not far from where they were. "This way" he said and started walking back the way they had come.                        

-----signature-----
               in vitae veritas    

Offline [archive] Miyo34949332

• Fledgling
    « Reply #198 on: October 06, 2005, 04:44:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 "Mr. Ugly..  we're going in circles.."  

She snapped her fingers impatiently.  She felt like..  they were going nowhere, in a very orderly fashion.  It would atleast be much better to go nowhere in a chaotic fashion.  In fact, Miyo believed thats the best way to go.  Because, when you go nowhere, you always end up in the most interesting places.  Or..  the most boring places, either way, it was fine with Miyo.  

The nosferatu's reply was a mumbo jumbo of words that she couldn't really make out and didn't really bother to listen to anyways.  

"So...  where..  are we going?"  Miyo poked the back of Lars' head.  "And, what are we going to eat when we get there?"                        

Offline [archive] Year_of_the_Scarab

• Methuselah
    « Reply #199 on: October 06, 2005, 07:38:00 PM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 Miyo had a point with the "going in circles" part, Lars had to agree.

He wasn't particularly fond of the poking though. He treated her to a cold stare much like those he exchanged with Dusty a moment ago. They were all getting anxious and the proximity and scope of the fire didn't do much good to help things.

She shrugged and grinned at him though. He rolled his eyes, it was hard to be angry with the Malkavian.

"I believe we've all had more than our share of circles." he said calmly "That is why we're taking a shortcut." Hopefully he added mentally. The Nosferatu was a peculiar fellow, but if anyone could contact his brethren given the circumstances, it would be one of them. Lars didn't manage to read him, he'd been avoiding eye contact and there was something masking his thoughts, but the Toreador was quite certain he was neither Sabbat nor lying to them. Directly, anyway.

Taking on Dusty's features didn't seem the best idea of the night, but the Gangrel remained calm. The possibility that their new acquaintance may help them in the search had apparently eased his nerves a bit. Either that or smoking one cigarette after the other had done it.

"Here. T-t-that's the place." the Nosferatu had spoken, pointing to the bistro they were standing next to. They all looked up at the signboard. "Pablo's 'Puters". Really. Lars wasn't impressed with the general creativity in naming locales in the city. Ah, no matter.

They've stood still for a while.

"Not feeling enlightened yet. Are we waiting for something?" Miyo said stretching her arms. The Nosferatu cleared his throat.

"I need to k-k-know what want from us." he said. Well that made sense.

Lars regarded him levelly. He was in a hurry to ditch them, that much was obvious, but there was something else. Maybe it was just because of the fire though, as he was casting sideways glances at the smoke coming from the sewer grates continously. At any rate, if they were to get any answers, they'd have to state the questions clearly. And Halton had known they'd contact the Sewer Rats, so if he wanted to keep things from his clanmates, he would've objected. Lars figured he may ask freely.

"Fair enough. We are looking for someone and have some reasons to believe this person has had contact with the local Setite branch before he vanished." Vague as that evidence may be. he thought "Therefore we need information on the Followers." he finished. Hmm. Did he just notice the Nosferatu get alarmed briefly at the mention of the snakes?                        

Offline [archive] Miyo34949332

• Fledgling
    « Reply #200 on: October 06, 2005, 09:37:00 PM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 "Is that what we're doing?!"  Miyo was shocked.  "And all this while, I thought we were on a rat race looking for the million dollars in locker number one."                        

Offline [archive] RomanK28488471

• Ancillus
    « Reply #201 on: October 23, 2005, 03:04:00 PM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 Alex drove to the bar, where he was certain a final settling of scores awaited. He didn’t truly see it as such, though, not within the depths of his fanatical mind, but he certainly told himself that the destruction of this one would do much to improve his low feeling tonight, beyond merely the satisfaction of destroying one of Satan’s own.

With these thoughts in mind, he was not paying much attention to the road, so his shock at seeing the manhole directly in front of him becoming a pillar of flame was complete. His reactions, on the other hand, were not slowed, and he immediately hit the brakes, his car swivelling to the left as the wheels locked. The car sopped mere inches from a light post,  and Alex barely had the time to breathe a sigh of relief before the manhole cover landed on the sidewalk nearby.

Acrid smoke and the smell of methane filled the air, and Alex realized that there was the merest hint of charred flesh among the more dominant smells. He then remembered that his brethren were in the sewers in this very region, and the realization that few, if any, survived the inferno below was a staggering blow to his pride. The Society of Leopold had few members as it is, and to lose so many in such short a time was a barely recoverable event. He still had the faint hope that some of his brethren had survived, and perhaps even that the blast was of their own doing. Even if it wasn’t the case, he thought, at least they took down the sever filth with them. It was better to die fighting for the Lord’s cause than without a purpose.

Alex got out of the car, and approached the manhole. He covered his face to keep the poisonous smoke away, and silently saluted the fallen. He prayed softly for their souls, for those who would not return, for those who fought and died for the Truth they all believed in.

You will not be forgotten, he promised to himself, and you will not go unavenged.

He snapped out of his reverie as the blare of a siren split the silence, and he saw that a fire truck was speeding down the street at top speed. It skidded to a halt not far from him, and began sewing out firemen. One ran towards him. “Are you alright, sir?â€? he shouted, and Alex nodded, coughing. The fireman quickly let Alex away, saying that the smoke could be lethal, and that there could be a secondary blast if there was still a pocket of has down there.

Ã¢â‚¬Å“What happened?â€? Alex asked him as they reached his car.

Ã¢â‚¬Å“I’m afraid I can’t say, sir,â€? said the fireman. “Suffice to say that this part of the city is being closed down until the fires are under control. You’d best go back the way you came, sir,â€? he said, and ran back to assist the other fireman.

Alex stared at the retreating fireman’s back for several seconds, and then entered his car. He started the engine, and backed away from his current position. As he reached a crossroads he had passed not a minute before, his cell phone began ringing. Alex continued driving, one hand on the steering wheel, and took the phone with the other. The number, he noticed, was unlisted.

Ã¢â‚¬Å“You’re late,â€? said the unfamiliar voice on the other end.

Ã¢â‚¬Å“Who is this?â€? asked Alex, getting annoyed.

Ã¢â‚¬Å“That does not matter at the moment, Alexander. What matters is that your quarry has left its nest. It is now in the Mandrake Club. Be sure to arrive on time this time,â€? the man said, and hanged up.

Alex stared at the phone for a few seconds before placing it down, and turned his eyes back to the road. He would go to this club, but he would be wary. He was ready for a trap, if this was one. Admittedly, he did not care much if it was one. Let them come, he thought, and let them die.

Merius waited until the last blast and rumble were over before he threw the debris from himself, and began to clear the mess that covered his desk. Before he could do much, though, the phone began to ring, and it took Merius some time before he managed to locate it, mostly whole.

Ã¢â‚¬Å“I was just overlooking a certain part of the city,â€? said the voice on the other end, and Merius winced.

Ã¢â‚¬Å“Imagine my surprise,â€? Faleramo Benedict continued in a sort of sing-song voice, “when I was greeted with a free fireworks display, complete with special sound effects.â€?

Ã¢â‚¬Å“Tell me, Merius,â€? asked Benedict, “was there truly no other way of dealing with your unfortunate predicament?â€?

Merius didn’t bother asking how the Prince knew of the ‘predicament’. He would have been disappointed of the elder if he didn’t.

Ã¢â‚¬Å“It was the only way,â€? he croaked, masking his growing anger at the elder’s patronizing tone, “the fire will deal with any remains, and so we don’t have to deal with any evidence, as well as dealing a crushing blow to two of our enemies.â€?

Ã¢â‚¬Å“Quite,â€? said Benedict, sounding amused. “Would you give me the courtesy of a warning next time, Merius? It would give me the opportunity to invite guests.â€?

Ã¢â‚¬Å“You did well, rat lord,â€? he continued in a more calm tone, probably realizing the rage that was beginning to boil within Merius. “Your sewers are safe, and will hopefully continue to remain so. Still, understand me when I say that I would have preferred a more… silent solution. In any case, there are no reports of paranormal activity, and the Masquerade has been kept in this particular case. We will, of course, make sure that your… agent was unseen in fulfilling this task, as one of your brood should have been. Just a standard action to insure that nothing untoward about monsters coercing people to blow up sewers ever reaches the tabloids. Have a pleasant night, Merius. Do help any of my own agents if they happen to call,â€? he finished, and hanged up.

Merius went to the door of his office, and stepped into the warrens outside. He considered the implications of the Prince’s as he considered the structural damage. So, that idiot Dreg was seen, then? No matter. They would deal with it, if the need arose.

The warrens were mostly untouched, as were the tunnels above them. Still, he mused, some repairs would need to be done. He stepped towards the safest and most armoured room in the warrens, even more so than his own office. Information was power, the Nosferatu Primogen mused, and being cut off from the information highway even for a short time was an intolerable waste.

Ã¢â‚¬Å“How are we doing, Snake?â€? he asked the slim, scrawny Nosferatu in charge of their network in Ravenmill. He was a hacker in life, and got the attention of the Nosferatu by skill alone. He wasn’t exactly pretty in life, and though Merius ordered his Embrace without giving him any choice in the matter, he doubted Skade was even slightly bothered by his undeath.

Ã¢â‚¬Å“Mostly fine, boss,â€? the hacker replied, not turning his eyes from the screen in front of him. “We’ve lost some backup data cables in the area of the blast, but that’ll be easy to fix once the flames die out. Heck, I’ll mark ‘em down as top priority trunks at City Hall, and they’ll do the work for us!â€?

Merius nodded. All was progressing nicely.

Ã¢â‚¬Å“Wait a sec…â€? said the hacker, looking interested. “Well, whoopsiedo! Look who just went online. At a crummy net café with zero securitay, at that! Idiot!â€?

Merius gazed over the hacker’s shoulder, crinkling his nose at his horrible cologne. Why he still used it was beyond his understanding.

Ã¢â‚¬Å“Dreg?â€? he queried, noticing the familiar screen name. “What does he want?â€?

Ã¢â‚¬Å“Well, if I can uneerstand his particular brand of roundabout talk,â€? said Snade, “he’s reporting that all went well. Also, there’s some gents wanting some info. Kindred, he says, though he doesn’t say who they are, or what they want."

Merius only smiled. “I presume they need information, or to reach someplace in a hurry. And there’s Dreg, who knows the sewers quite well for an incompetent. He can lead them anywhere they want to get, unseen and unbidden. Tell him to do this as a… favour, if they can prove that they work for Benedict. He hinted that some of his own may seek us out soon.â€?

Snade nodded, and typed a reply. Merius was already moving. He’d have to send a couple of the brood to see if they can pass through a part of the tunnels that were no longer in flames. Once the ventilation started again, and it would, once someone realized the reason for the Methane gathering below, there would be a clear passage, and the Network would start gathering information once more, selling it to the highest bidder, and pulling more than one string as it sold not what it knew, but what it wanted others to find out…

Merius’ grin grew wider, showing jagged, broken teeth.

Within the Tremere Chantry, three Kindred sat at a round table. The room belonged to Malcolm, the Tremere Regent of Ravenmill, but he was not present at the moment. Each of the three knew why, though each suppressed the thought in his own special way. The first loyalty of a Tremere is the Clan, always the Clan. The bonds of blood the Clan forged with every Embraced mortal were hard to shatter, if possible at all, and though the three sitting in the room tried, each at his own place and time, to flex the bonds of the blood, they each met with their own failure. They learned, though. Oh, they learned.

Ã¢â‚¬Å“This Ariana Dane has brought visitors to the Chantry,â€? said one.

Ã¢â‚¬Å“We noticed,â€? said another, female voice. “The question is, what do we do about them? It should have been a matter of basic courtesy to ask the Primogen’s permission, or of his… representatives, for permission.â€?

Ã¢â‚¬Å“She is dangerous, this Dane,â€? said a third, “and I have no doubt that her ‘friends’ are up to no good, as well. The time of their arrival is… troubling. They may be too curious for their own good. They may find things that are, for the good of Clan Tremere, best left unfound.â€?

And he truly believed it, as did the other two. The good of Clan Tremere.

Ã¢â‚¬Å“Perhaps it would be best to lock them in her chambers until we can work out a better course of action,â€? said the first voice. “We will leave them unharmed until we can properly dispose of the lot. Perhaps…â€? he started, but didn’t finish the thought.

Perhaps, none of them thought, the bitch would devour one of the others once the blood ran out. None of them stated that the doors, if the proper security measures were enforced, were quite impregnable. None of them stated that if they caught Dane in the act of diablerie she could be disposed of in a final way. No unnecessary traces, no problems, no blood on their hands.

They didn’t think of that, of course. They couldn’t.                        

-----signature-----
               Roman K

"This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic."
     (Terry Pratchett)    

Offline [archive] Killer39787726

• Ancillus
    « Reply #202 on: October 31, 2005, 07:50:00 PM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 The man hands reached for him, grabbing his shoulders. The stench of alcohol made Blake turn his face away from him.
     Ã¢â‚¬Å“Did you see my brother? â€? – the man asked in a boring, preach like tone, while pointing to the flames bursting out of the open manhole.
     Blake hoped the hunter he saved in the sewers had enough sense to leave at that time, and had not died at the fire.
     Ã¢â‚¬Å“The day of the reckoning is upon us! Just like I told. The laughed at me, called me crazy. But its finally here…and the dead shall rise and the blood will pour. Do you believe me my brother?â€?
     Blake got free of the man’s grip, and stepped back. The man eyes were burning with madness.
     Ã¢â‚¬Å“Yesâ€? – Blake gave him a sad smile – “the dead walk and they thirsty for bloodâ€?
     The man laughed and started to dance insanely around the flames flickering out of the manhole.
     Ã¢â‚¬Å“Repent my brother! For the day of the judgment is upon you!â€?
     Blake watched the man and wondered if he would ever go insane himself. Vampires, nightmares, schemes of the undead, hunters, werewolves. Death and eternal life. Right and wrong. His head hurt just by thinking about all of it.
     He wasn’t ready to return to his allies just yet, they had his number and could contact him if he was needed.
     He was unsure what to think that Lauren hadn’t called him screaming yet. Ventrue he knew never lost the opportunity to scream or play the superior. Better stay away from her for now.
     Blake considered going back for the penthouse to get Jenny’s bike but decided against it.. There would likely be police around asking questions.  His car was gone and he was growing impatient without a fast transport. He signaled a cab.

The Mandrake club. Blake stood at the front door and passed his fingers through the flyer announcing the Raven’s Call band.
     He then entered the club as the heavy rock music started to play. He heard the singer voice and smiled. Her voice enthralled him, as well as her beauty.  Her voice led the war in the sewers away from his mind. For this moment neither the camarilla, hunters nor sabbat worried his mind.

-----signature-----
               Cant we all just get along?...No? Ok...then i will just rip your head off.    

Offline [archive] dalver

• Ancillus
    « Reply #203 on: November 03, 2005, 07:57:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 Dreg typed as fast as he could. He had other things to do but apparently the orders had come from Merius himself. He had to take care of this lot, see them through whatever mission they were on, to smooth things over with the prince. Dreg assumed there would have to be some sort of effort from the Camarilla to downplay the sewer explosion and assigning Dreg to the Prince's people was a way to placate the shadowy prince.

"You are working for Mr Benedict, right?" Dreg asked as he looked back to where he presumed they would be. The handsome one had moved away and was staring sadly at a poster announcing a game with what seemed to be ninja-elves, the weird pretty girl was sitting down at a table, in the café area, talking with a man in a suit who stared at her completely terrified and the angry one was standing right behind Dreg staring down at him.

"We're working for an ugly bastard in a hawaiian shirt, but guy in a suit gave the orders! What of it?" the angry one said.

Dreg quickly turned around and typed "They say they work for Mr Bs henchman, our brother. So I will proceed with helping them... right now. Over and out" then he logged out. He rose out of the chair and looked up. The angry one was a head taller than him and when Dreg looked at him, he always had the impression the angry one was licking his lips... "We should m-m-move out of here. Why don't you get your f-f-friend" Dreg pointed toward the good looking one "and I'll get your other f-f-friend" nodding toward the pretty girl.

Dregs mind was all over the place, he was trying to make sense of everything and put things in order of things to-do. He had no idea what Mask he was using right now, he just hoped he HAD a Mask on. But seeing how no one in the bistro screamed in fear and ran terrified out of his way, he assumed he did have something up. He could forget about the Tremere Chantry for the night and about McRae and about his research and about having a nice quiet night in company of some interesting old books. These geezers he was stuck with right now, he looked back over his shoulder and saw the angry one shake the dreamy Kindred, needed to see the Followers. That little excursion would take some time and he had to see to it that his involvement with Aabou-Zeid was kept secret. No need for everyone to know of his acquaintances.

He reached the table of the pretty girl and the man in the suit. "...and then this giant crab with a pink ribbon around his head tried to chop off my head with a scissor made of fishbones..." Dreg heard her say and she did a scissor motion with both her arms. "Hey sis! What're you doing bothering this man? Have you taken your pills? You haven't, have you! You know you get all weird. Come on let's go home to... mom and dad..." Dreg said and hoped she would get up. The man was looking wild eyed from Dreg to the girl and the girl was looking puppy eyed from Dreg to the man, no one was saying anything, they were just staring at each other.

"Yo, Crazy-Girl! Get yo' ass out of that chair! We left this joint!" the angry one yelled as he pushed Tall and Handsome out the door.

Strangely enough, no one was looking at them. Dreg had expected at least some curiousness over all the commotion, but no, nothing. The pretty girl jumped out of her chair blowing a kiss to the terrified man saying "... beautiful speaking to you Jim, tell Spock I miss him!" and continued to dance out the door.

Outside the smell of smoke hit Dreg again and made him queasy. He looked toward his bike, it was secured to a lamppost with a chain and a padlock. It had to do.

Dreg looked from his bike to his boots "So... he-he-hello everyone. I am Dreg and I will be your guide tonight".

"Pardon... did you say, Dreg?" Tall and Handsome asked?

Dreg nodded "Dreg! It's me" he said and pointed at his chest.

"Well, salutations Dreg. I am Lars" said Tall and Handsome and made a gesture with his hand. Dreg caught it in mid air and shook it. Lars went momentarily rigid for barely a moment and then retrieved his hand.

"Dusty" the angry one said and hit Dreg on the shoulder. Dreg caught his balance from the hit "Hey..." he said rubbing his shoulder.

"I am Mountain Lotus Cream in the Coffee at the Rise of the Lower Kingdoms trying to Usurp the Throne in the Moonlight, but I like you brother, so you can call me Miyo" the pretty girl said and held up her hands together before her and made a bow then made a weird karate move that looked simply ridiculous "Wow, I never could get that move quite right... until now" she said looking completely satisfied with herself. Dreg smiled.

"It seems, it is nice to meet you all... So, you said you are lo-lo-looking for someone and you think the Followers might have answers..." Dreg looked up at the roofs around them.

"We seek an audience, for now"

"Then we shall me-me-meet them and hear what sort of boon they seek for sh-sh-sharing their information" Dreg said "I know just the pe-pe-person to speak to. Let's hail a taxi".

Dreg had Obfuscated them all and told them not to speak or make big gestures, he hadn't expected it to work but it did. Both Miyo and Dusty had kept absolutely still in the back seat of the cab. Dusty had looked uncomfortable and angry, but that's the way he always looked, as far Dreg was concerned, so he couldn't tell. The cab dropped them off on a street in the Residential Area. The houses lining the streets were two story red brick apartment buildings. They were all identical and all built in the 50-s. There were some shops at street level. One of the Shops was "Father Crocodile's Time - of Clocks and Watches".

Dreg started walking towards it "Here it is. We shall meet a fe-fe-fellow who goes by the name Keeper of Doors. Just inside the shop there will be a bi-bi-big bowl of water. You should wash your hands in it" Dusty sneered, Lars shot him a sharp look, Miyo made a snaking move with her arms, Dreg continued "If you wa-wa-want information out of him tonight, you  really should".

Dreg put a hand on the door and stepped inside. A bell chimed. He dropped his Mask and let his cracked leathery face be seen in full glory. There were clocks everywhere and all were ticking in unison. Antique grandfather clocks, cuckoo clocks and sundials. The irony of the latter wasn't wasted on the Kindred. here and there were ornate candles in ancient candleholders. Lars as he stepped in became stiffer than usual and did his best to avoid looking at any piece for too long.

Dreg dipped his hands in the ornate bowl of water, the others after him did likewise. When they were all done a man stepped out from behind heavy curtains in the back of the shop. He was bald and his skin was perfect. He made a small bow with his head. Dreg held out his hands palms upward "We seek your knowledge". The man looked them all over one by one, then he stepped to the side and drew open the heavy curtains. Dreg looked at the others who looked at him. He raised his shoulders then he took heart and stepped through the curtain.                        

-----signature-----
               in vitae veritas    

Offline [archive] RomanK28488471

• Ancillus
    « Reply #204 on: November 08, 2005, 02:22:00 PM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 Alex parked the car two blocks away from the club, driving by it and taking a look at it, and its surrounding area. He decided against parking too close. He was taking too many risks as it was, and a car was far more conspicuous than a man.

He noted the steady flow of people into the club as he approached, and the small alley directly next to it. It seemed to lead into a largely closed area of alleyways, with the only entrances being the alley and the club's back door.

He turned to the entrance, and joined the long queue. The security guard, a large uniformed man, looked him over strangely before waving him on.

Security here was lax, thought Alex, if he had so little trouble with entering the club armed, as he most certainly was. His smile of satisfaction was cut short by a jab of pain from his side. Wincing and cursing silently, he took out two capsules from his bottle of painkillers and swallowed them quickly, and felt the pain numbed quickly by their effect.

He would have to finish this quickly, Alex realized. He was not in any state for this now, and he cursed his rashness in coming here. The painkillers would numb the pain, but they would not make the wounds go away. It was too late to turn back now, though, Alex decided, and he would destroy this fiendspawn once and for all.

He pressed forward, into a hall of smoke, blinking lights, music, and a multitude of swaying bodies. And he began to search.

He didn't see the guard, now wearing a glassy-eyed face, taking out his phone and dialing a number.

"He just went inside," was all he said, put the phone back, and forgot the call completely. As far as he was concerned, the call never happened.

And somewhere inside the club, someone put his own mobile phone back into his pocked. And he smiled.                        

-----signature-----
               Roman K

"This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic."
     (Terry Pratchett)    

Offline [archive] Year_of_the_Scarab

• Methuselah
    « Reply #205 on: November 10, 2005, 07:28:00 PM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 Their new acquaintance had taken place in front of one of the computers and began typing.

Lars had heard something about the Nosferatu having a vast network accessible to any of the clan here and there, but he didn't really expect it to be as simple as getting a hold of a computer with internet access. What of the Kine? he thought The occasional over-zealous security or teenaged would-be-hacker. Someone is bound to stumble onto their territory eventually. Wouldn't that compromise the integrity? I mean, what do they do about those people who...? Then he realized something. Clan Nosferatu had to recruit members with appropriate skill from *somewhere*. He smirked to himself and walked away, looking around the room. One poster caught his eye.

Then he found himself being shoved outside by Dusty. Were those things supposed to be...? No, he'd rather not think about the stupidity of that poster. Something the Nosferatu had said meanwhile sounded odd

"Pardon... did you say, Dreg?" Lars interjected

"Dreg! It's me" The other confirmed, actually pointing at his chest as to make it absolutely clear who he was referring to. He seemed nervous, or mistrustful. Lars figured a direct, open approach suited the situation

"Well, salutations Dreg. I am Lars" he said, and meant to introduce Miyo and Dusty, but as he moved to point to them, "Dreg" caught and shook his hand, which threw Lars a bit off. Regardless, Dusty and Miyo introduced themselves, and their new "guide" spoke about seeing the Setites.

"We seek an audience, for now" said Lars.

A while later, unlikely as it seemed, they were taking a cab.                        

Offline [archive] Killer39787726

• Ancillus
    « Reply #206 on: November 10, 2005, 08:06:00 PM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 Blake followed her every move as she sang. When her eyes meet his own, he fell in love with her black eyes. He smiled and she returned with a broad smile.
     The drummer got out of rhythm for a while when he noticed Blake’s flirtatious smile.
     Jealousy. Blake closed his eyes and smiled pleased. It was all so…human. No vampires, werewolves, hunters, undead. Just humans, beauty and music. He savored the moment.

Blake opened his eyes and noticed a familiar face in the crowd. A face that made all the memory of the supernatural come back to him, like a thunder. It made him forget the smile.

The hunter had, for a single instant attempted to hide in the crowd, but stopped knowing he had been spotted.

Had the hunter been following him? No, Blake was no stupid, he would have noticed. This wasn’t a place a sanctimonious freak would likely stop by casually.

Someone had leaded the hunter to him, someone had crossed him.
     He quickly reviewed the suspects in his mind. Ariana and Lauren? No Lauren needed him to get out of this mess, or so he thought, and Ariana was strong enough to take him on her own. The prince and his loathsome sheriff? Unlikely. If they could draw the hunter like that, they would have him disposed quickly. Blake still felt like he owed something to the nossie for the trouble he caused. Thankfully Jenny was safe. The old…? Perhaps. What game was the old man playing? Better leave those considerations to later. If there even would be a later.  

It was time to deal with the hunter, once and for all. Blake hated to be played. He would not fear however, he had panicked when he had first encountered the hunter, but he was beyond that now.  Markus words came back to his mind. ´When you fell fear, you make mistakes. When you make mistakes, you’re dead´

He looked around, searching for any other signs of threat. It wasn’t the best place for a confrontation. Too many witnesses around. Too much innocent blood.

Blake rose from his chair and moved slowly towards the club back door, making sure he was being followed. He remembered yet again the grangel´s words. ´Smile at him, like you have some secret. Something that he doesn’t know and that makes you confident´

Blake looked at the hunter and smiled, he even gave him a playful wink before leaving through the door.  He then found himself into a large area of empty alleyways. It seemed like a fitting place.  

Using his inhuman speed, he quickly shot out most of the lights around and reloaded his pistols. He was used to moving silently in the darkness, and it was time to take advantage of this. If he was being played, it would have to be in his terms. He then chose a place in the shadows and waited.

[added Dec  2 2005  3:14PM]

Blake heard the door slam shut. He didn’t had a clear view of the hunter, and that meant he wouldn’t be able to see Blake as well.

His shots were hardly at random. He had left several pockets of flickering light were he would be able to follow the hunter movements.

Ã¢â‚¬Å“That’s a nasty scar on your face! I bet that hurt!â€? Blake said to the darkness in direction the hunter would likely approach from, and immediately heard the hunter cursing him. Blake laughed, what seemed to only to make the hunter angrier, as he started to shout curses upon his ´unholy´ soul.

Blake used his speed to move around the hunter, without noise - “Tell me hunter. Why do you seek me? Have I harmed you or anyone that you loved? Except off course what I did in self-defense?
     Know that all mortals I killed since I was…born into the darkness, for a matter of speech, would fit in your definition of evil. I doubt you would feel more sorrow for them than I did…or is your twisted faith that decrees we must be enemies?â€?

Blake moved silently again, now into the direction he saw the hunter approach and stopped a few meters away –“I would help you get closer to the very prince of this city in his tower. Close to his damned sheriff. Hell, I even would help you finish off this damned monster myself. But that window has closed…it never opened, hasn’t it? I know now I can’t trust someone like you, and you would never trust a damned like me.
     Id advise you to turn back, but I know you won’t listen. I hope you are ready to die hunter, for I promise you that if you continue down this path, only one of us will leave this place. And I am not afraid of death, I am already deadâ€?

Blake closed to where the hunter was. His voice would seem to him to be coming from all over the place – “Now come, if you must insist on this path. For I never had much patienceâ€?    

-----signature-----
               Cant we all just get along?...No? Ok...then i will just rip your head off.    

Offline [archive] batwing62072129

• Fledgling
    Raven's Call
    « Reply #207 on: August 15, 2006, 12:50:00 AM »
                    hey mind if i join in?