collapse

* Notice

Important notice (31 July): We have recently recovered from a nearly two day downtime due to an attack. No data was lost or stolen but the server has been reinstalled as a precaution. Please let us know if you encounter any issues. We apologise for the unacceptable inconvenience. Please read here for more information.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: PV vamp club scene  (Read 40473 times)

Offline [archive] Slaydin

• Methuselah
Re: PV vamp club scene
« Reply #555 on: February 02, 2007, 10:34:00 pm »
                In Reply To #555
 ((I blew up the car when a group of Sabbat gathered around it remember? That is why no one else hopped in it.))

*BOOOOM*

The Sabbat were still coming, but I ignored them, taking aim at the grenades once the others were clear. First I hit the one close to one of the support beams in the repair building as Valoris' signal to run. The next one I targeted was the cluster close to the propane tank.

*BOOOOOOOOOOM*

Brick, metal shards, and rubble shot in all directions and a plume of dust puffed out from the explosions. The building's roof cracked and the front part of the repair building collapsed with a crash, blocking off the rest of the structure that still stood. Humph. I was hoping to take the whole thing down, but it'll do. This place would be down for a while and that was one of my goals. Now for the big one.

Off in the distance, I spied the final cluster, strapped to the fuel main. Switching shoulders, I pressed the riffle in and steadily aimed for the pieces of metal that resembled small, green pineapples. With one of them in my cross hairs, I aimed slightly above because of the distance and pulled the trigger.

*BOOOOM* *FFFFFFF*

A dull hissing sound continued a few seconds after the explosion as the fire traveled in either direction down the fuel hoses. This is going to be big. I exited the Shadowlands completely and dropped through the floor of the ghost tower down to the ground, using Celerity as my feet hit the gravel. Running as fast as I can (around 70 feet per second), I haul ass down the street and take cover in an alley.

*BOOOOOOOM*-<red>*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM*</red>

The night sky lit up with orange and red and the ground shook violently like we were in the middle of an earthquake. Pebbles, rocks, and small items hopped around in reaction the the violent tremors. The explosion of the underground diesel reserves and the scuttling of the ship sent a deafening blast, almost a shockwave, through the air. The sound was so intense that we could feel it on our skin. My ears are ringing. And though of us took cover a distance away, the heat was so intense that a warm wave washed over us, even behind our hiding places.

I got up and didn't wait around to see what kind of damage was left in the aftermath. There was probably some sort of crater left behind. I exited the alley I was in and looked further down the street to see the others down around a block ahead of me when I hears a gravelly, angry voice.

"You...fucking...ASSHOLE! You're gonna PAY!" slowly said a gruff-looking guy that rounded the corner. A large group of Sabbat started walking down the street from the docks. We weren't the only ones that took cover. More started coming down the other end of alley I took cover in as well as the alley across the street from me. I walked to the double-lines painted on the asphalt and noticed the group walking down the street was growing larger and larger, like a small mob. Some were carrying guns, others knives, some axes, others cracking their knuckles--

"Too... many," I whispered. Then I smirked and pulled out my knife. A couple of them laughed. Placing the knife's edge against the base of my left middle and ring fingers with my thumb pressed against the other side of them. I firmly pressed and sliced them off with a crunching squish. After putting the knife away, I placed the middle finger between my middle and index fingers on my right hand. I made a fist with my right middle finger sticking up, double-flipping the bird at the group.

Then I slammed the finger I used to flip them off on the ground and enacted Major Creation, a ritual that enhances the Path of Conjuration. The finger exploded into a mist that conjured a motorcycle, surprising the group and causing them to run at me. The ones that had firearms started shooting as I screeched the rear tire on the ground, blowing blue smoke in the air as I sped off. I zipped past the others, quickly grabbing Valoris by the shoulder and sitting her behind me. My other finger bounced on the ground near Bloodywolf and Boxman and came to a rest, which then exploded into a second motorcycle.

We didn't get far though. As Valoris and I neared the boarder, a car jumped out in front of us and sped toward us for a head-on collision. Quickly scooting back, I bumped Valoris off and she landed on her feet and one hand. I outstretched my legs and hopped back while still gripping the handlebars, planting my feet into the ground for a moment and popping the front of the motorcycle up then quickly letting go. The motor screamed in the air as both tires lifted off the ground and flew through the air, flipping backwards toward the car.

The car had just begun to swerve, but it was too late. The motorcycle crashed into the windshield and the glass shattered with a dull, crunching crash and scraping metal. POOF! The bike became mist again but the damage was done, however... The car lost control and slowed down, but now as much as I had wanted and I couldn't get out of its path. I used Flesh of Marble, crossed my arms, dug in my heels, and braced for the impact. CRASH. The corner of the car hit my body and started wrapping around me, but something gave out.

*crunch* *crunch* *crunch-crunch*

My leg broke from the impact and collapsed, then it broke again as the car continued. As it climbed on top of me, it broke a rib then my arm in rapid succession, finally coming to a rest on my rib cage. I looked "up" at Valoris and saw her upside-down less than 15 feet away. I grit my teeth from the intense pain but didn't utter a word or even so much as a sound.

The door opened and I saw a leg step out. Then I kicked it close and heard a crunch and scream simultaneously. Pushing up on the corner of the car, I lifted it up and rolled out, exhaling because I rolled onto my broken bones. A little pissed, I got up on my good leg and gripped the corner of the car that slammed into me, sinking my fingers into it as I used all my strength, Potence, and a Blood Buff. I lifted the corner of the car then really lifted in anger and flipped the car up and over with my good arm, the car flying momentarily and landing on its roof.

They kicked the doors open and scrambled out. Valoris immediately jumped on one and cleft his head from his shoulders. The guy with the broken leg, however, was mine. I sliced my finger with a fingernail and shot out my Blood Whip from the tiny incision, quickly wrapping the hair-thin stream around his entire body and yanked on it HARD with my remaining strength, slicing him to little pieces and leaving a small pile of flesh. Then I looked around, barely able to move my broken limbs, to see that we are near the boarder.

"Where are you Azrael...?" I whispered.                        

Offline [archive] RakishAzrael

• Methuselah
« Reply #556 on: February 02, 2007, 11:57:00 pm »
                In Reply To #556

((wooh! love it. big o and arath need to DO SOMETHING NOW!))                        

-----signature-----

~Becuase 300,000 screaming fans can't be wrong~    

Offline [archive] Vongetta

• Methuselah
« Reply #557 on: February 03, 2007, 03:18:00 am »
                I knelt beside Slayden, trying to qwell the rising panic I felt. He was in bad shape. I had no doubt he could heal himself but the damage had come too fast and unlike simple bullet wounds, broken bones would need a few minutes. Time was not something we had very much now. He looked drained, not surprisingly from the incantations he had worked up. I glanced at his hand and winced. Those fingers would definitely take a while to heal. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't feed him my blood. I tried to look like everything was under control, but even that visage cracked under the strain. I wanted to cry from how hopeless I felt but I couldn't.

Boxman and Bloodywolf had arrived at the scene, and even they had fallen silent from their usual bickering.

In the distance, the shouts and footsteps of Sabbat rabble grew nearer.

((Geez I'm so bad at this vampire thing...aren't vampires supposed to be "unfeeling"? Yet I find myself writing as if I could feel human emotions all the time. Someone explain if vampires do feel emotions the same way they do when once alive?))

-----signature-----
           "Only the insane equate pain with success." - Cheshire Cat, American McGee's Alice
 Currently playing: Samantha James - Rain

Offline [archive] arathalion_5

• Ancillus
« Reply #558 on: February 03, 2007, 03:30:00 am »
                In Reply To #557
 ((ima waiting for O))                        

-----signature-----
           im going back to my fence

• Methuselah
« Reply #559 on: February 03, 2007, 04:24:00 am »
                ((so everyone's waiting for one another? LOL))                        

-----signature-----
           "Only the insane equate pain with success." - Cheshire Cat, American McGee's Alice

• Ancillus
« Reply #560 on: February 03, 2007, 06:00:00 am »
                In Reply To #560
 Jan stopped in front of the man in the corner. "I noticed your gaze. Do I interest you?"                        

-----signature-----

Offline [archive] ElGostro

• Ancillus
« Reply #561 on: February 03, 2007, 07:16:00 am »
                Prince's office

Mr Gostro?
 "Suzie,be needing the paths neural of your your grey yellowish core of thought arranging agains in order fer having thee remember an adressing proper of my person?"
 (gasp!) fantastiquininininininininifinesses,mr Kuruma is here...
 "Aaah betters!"                        

Offline [archive] Wolvenheart

• Neonate
« Reply #562 on: February 03, 2007, 01:04:00 pm »
                Boxman Stopped the motorcycle as they arrived at the scene, it took them a moment to get starting so they saw the rapid actions from afar. William looked at the remains of the 2 men and at the car wich became unusable due the damage. While Boxman was yamering around in foul language Bloodywol waked to the unside down car and yanked a pipe from the bottom, using potence and his Blood reaver he made a small pipe wich he bound to Slaydens leg using rags from the ripped eneamy.

Bloodywolf: "May I, mylady."

He gently removed Valoris hands and grabbed the weakened warlock and  hauled him over the motorcycle but raises his brow whne William suddenly said:

William: "Another one bits the dust."

((When is this bad moment scene coming up? You Want to get yourself killed? :-) ))                        

-----signature-----
           Previously known as Bloodywolf, untill some Nazy stole mah nick somehow.
 Malkavian lover since 2003.

Offline [archive] RakishAzrael

• Methuselah
« Reply #563 on: February 03, 2007, 09:17:00 pm »
                "Where are you, Azrael..."

I heard the thought, like a whisper, echo through the recesses of my mind. Who could...Slayden. Forgeting about the potential trouble in the bar, and resolving right then and there to NEVER come back to LA, i pushed out the door and waved my hand in the air.

"TAXI!"

A yello cab pulled up almost immediatly. I pulled open the door and threw myself onto the back seat.

"Going somewhere?"

The cabbie spoke with amost peculiar accent, somthing vaguly European, but sounding older. I gave him the adress to the flat, and we sped off.

I saw the cabbie looking at me through the rear-view mirror.

"Help ya?"

"You look unwell. Troubled."

"Thanks for the concern. How much further."

"Not much. Is there nothing I can do for you?"

"No, I'm afraid I'm well beyond being helped."

"Hmmm."

I rode the rest of the way in silence. At length the cab pulled up in front of the quiet apartment complex. All the windows were dark. I hopped out, keeping my sword well concealed, and pulled my still soggy clip full of bills from the pocket of my torn pants.

"What do i owe you?"

"It comes to 15 dollars."

"Here's 20. Keep the change."

I literally peeled of the bill and handed to him through the window.

"Thanks for the ride."

"Its what i do."

"Yeah. Well, good evening."

The cabbie smiled at me.

"Remember, whatever we do, it is the blood of Caine that guides us."

I did a double take.

"What did you say?"

"Farewell, vampire."

Before i could speak, the cabbie switched into gear and sped off into the night. I stood there for a moment, just staring as the cab's lights sharnk in the distance.

"Strange..."

I turned and went inside to wait for the others.                        

-----signature-----

~Becuase 300,000 screaming fans can't be wrong~    

• Ancillus
« Reply #564 on: February 03, 2007, 10:33:00 pm »
                In Reply To #564
 ((o shi...))                        

-----signature-----

• Neonate
« Reply #565 on: February 04, 2007, 08:16:00 am »
                In Reply To #564
 ((Lol The BL Cabdriver... I Still think he's Cain tho :-p ))                        

-----signature-----

• Methuselah
« Reply #566 on: February 05, 2007, 03:59:00 am »
                In Reply To #558

Valoris posted:

((Someone explain if vampires do feel emotions the same way they do when once alive?))

((It's complicated. Unnecessarily so as well. You can still feel emotion, but it is usually to a lesser degree than mortals. Emotion is felt, but at a distance thus not as intense as before. Yet you still feel emotion because you have a soul, but there are inconsistencies. Brujah become more passionate in their anger, Toreador have a love for beauty [to their own hurt], and all vampires generally feel hatred at one point or another, usually for their entire unlives.))

((The books tend to apply the "nigh-dead emotion" rule to positive emotions like happiness or joy, and tend to be lenient or simply ignore the rule when applied to darker emotion like anger and hatred. It's major inconsistency and has caused countless fights among OWoD scholars I'm not sure what to do with it. Also, virtually every chronicle I've seen has the "Oh woe is me I'm so tormented and can't feel a thing" bit at their Embrace and the next night they turn around and say "Ok let's have fun busting heads," ignoring the "lack" of emotion Kindred supposedly have and just respond normally [even in the books]. So go ahead and have your emotional responses.))

Heh. Well it seems that not even powerful Disciplines can make you invulnerable. God this has got to be the one thing I hate about modern technology: even the weak can kill the strong if they have the right tools, and there are many kinds of strange and exotic tools created in the modern nights.

I knew the motorcycle wouldn't last long so I sat on the ground and leaned against the overturned car.
"Thanks Wolf," I stiffly said, feeling the bones reset and snap into place when he put the splint on my leg. The last time I fed was on one ghoul three nights ago, however, I had carefully used digression to hide some of my abilities and not overuse the precious blood that powered them, yet I had still boiled away around half of my vitae. I still had quite a bit left in me, roughly enough to fill two Neonates, but I'm uncomfortable about having less than half a tank. Nevertheless, broken bones and missing appendages take priority over being in a "comfort" zone.

I leaned against the twisted metal and shattered glass on the pavement from the wrecked car amid leaking antifreeze pooling a few feet from me. Starting with my rib and arm, I focused my vitae on healing and asked impatiently,
"Where the hell is Azrael? He should have been here by now. The plan was for him to wait on the boarder in his car so we could make a getaway."

Soon, we hear the rumbling of engines coming from one direction, then another, and another. There was a great disturbance in the air. The plan worked. Sabbat were coming from all over the city to San Pedro, and the numbers at the docks would be minuscule compared to the grand cavalry that was coming. Unfortunately, however, we're here too -- waiting. Wondering were Azrael is, I used the Auspex power Clairvoyance and focused on Azrael in hopes that maybe he'll be around the corner. He's just down the street, racing ahead of the Sabbat to pull us out like a helicopter that picks up troops on the battlefield. He got hung up, that's all.

Tires screeched as several cars blocked one end of the surface street, then the other. Three cars blocked our front and two were at our back, each carrying 3-5 severely pissed off vampires. A couple of them were on cell phones and hung up while others jumped out of their loaded cars, and yet there were more ahead of us crossing from Palos Verdes to San Pedro, obviously answering the call and adding to the numbers. The street we were on was old and looked abandoned with small, rundown shops on either side, closed for the night. There was a single street lamp that barely lit the area ahead of us; the others were broken and were not replaced. The thugs on both sides of us started power walking, carrying various weapons.

Staring off in the distance, my mind instantly transported to the flat. I watched Azrael walk around playing the violin to pass the time. This greatly surprised -- and dispirited -- me. "Fiddling while Rome burned," I thought disgustedly. I wanted to use Telepathy to yell at him in the room, but it would be pointless. It's too late. Disappointed, I retracted into the darkness and left the room.

The huge Sabbat group was getting closer and closer, marching in irregular claps as the soles of their feet hit the pavement. They boxed us in, and the box was quickly getting smaller. By now, I had regrown my two fingers and healed my rib and broken arm, but my leg remained unamended. The two breaks in it would take another 3-5 minutes to heal, minutes I didn't have.
"Azrael isn't coming," I dejectedly inform the others, "He has abandoned us." When they were close enough, one of the female Sabbat leveled a gun at one of us and pulled the trigger.                        

• Methuselah
« Reply #567 on: February 05, 2007, 06:51:00 am »
                In Reply To #567

I felt the shot more than I heard it.

It whistled, ripping through the air like a mad little thing spiralling towards oblivion. For a moment, freed of the tight confines of the barrel, it was a white dove of death, in flight.

The bullet, meant for the most powerful amongst the four of us, the fallen warlock, buried itself in my chest, a few bare inches away from my stilled heart. Blood spurted out, soaking my battered cotton tank top anew. I stumbled, but held my place in front of Slayden.

From a distance, almost as if I was underwater, came a shout of fury. Then I kicked my wits into Celerity.

It was like a danse macabre.

She fired again. This time I reached out and closed my palm around the gleaming golden shell and smiled. I pulled Azrael's Luger from the strap on my left thigh and returned the favor.

One, two, three. The third shot hit her in the forehead.

Then as time rushed back, my body twisted, rolled over and over and hit the pavement.

For a moment, nobody moved. Then, as if that very action had signed us our death warrants, several of the Sabbat frontlines ran forward, thirsty for blood.

((Ok that was a damn difficult filler scene...anybody got a plan?))                        

-----signature-----

• Neonate
« Reply #568 on: February 05, 2007, 08:00:00 am »
                Bloodywolf bared its fangs is clear anger as Valoris was shot, and that they dared to point thier weapons opon his Friend. He instantly pulled out his blade and with an unknown expertise immedialty set it ablaze, scaring some of the younger ones away as fire was one of a Kindreds main weakness.

Wolf: "You're despicable,Woman."

William takes over as the snarl changed into a gleaming grin.

((Can I use Vanish From the Mind’s Eye on the party Using Cloak the Gathering? If I gain a full succes on the mather, the vampire might even forget we were there, and Vanish from the mids eye works even when looked apon.))                        

-----signature-----

• Methuselah
« Reply #569 on: February 05, 2007, 02:37:00 pm »
                In Reply To #569
 ((It wouldn't work. Cloak the Gathering temporarily bestows one of the previous Obfuscate powers to each person in the group. They make their own rolls. I know for a fact that Boxman is not the sneaking type, and Valoris has just entered torpor.))

I healed one of the breaks in my leg when the Sabbat lines charged, but I still had the other break to heal. Damn. Using Movement of the Mind, I floated Valoris toward me and laid her body against the car, her head in my lap. I cracked a small smile as I looked down at her. "You didn't have to do that," I gently said.

Boxman and Bloodywolf faced the crowd in front as that was the larger group. A plume of fire spread across the street at our backs, keeping those behind us at bay for the moment. I set several of them on fire, but mostly I maintained the fiery wall, boiling away more blood every few seconds to do so. I'm starting to run out.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal