collapse

Author Topic: PV vamp club scene Discussion  (Read 22702 times)

Offline [archive] Slaydin

• Methuselah
Re: PV vamp club scene Discussion
« Reply #345 on: February 18, 2007, 03:46:00 AM »
                In Reply To #345

So do you want the Club Scene to continue or do you want drop it?

Personally, I don't like the way my character has been behaving, I don't like the way he is developing, and I really don't like the references to my empty past.                        

Offline [archive] Wolvenheart

• Neonate
« Reply #346 on: February 18, 2007, 08:59:00 AM »
                In Reply To #345

I'm up for staying, but What use is there if nobody plays?

The Slayden - Azrael conflict is getting annoying tho, to be honest and open.                        

-----signature-----
           Previously known as Bloodywolf, untill some Nazy stole mah nick somehow.
 Malkavian lover since 2003.

Offline [archive] Vongetta

• Methuselah
« Reply #347 on: February 18, 2007, 10:42:00 AM »
                Conflicts in a story should be expected, but I get the feeling it's not being handled well enough....sorry guys, just being honest here too. :/

Frankly I'm not sure if "Second Night" is going to take off...if players are having a hard time participating, I'm fine with closing the story right then and there.

-----signature-----
           "Only the insane equate pain with success." - Cheshire Cat, American McGee's Alice
 Currently playing: Samantha James - Rain

• Neonate
« Reply #348 on: February 18, 2007, 03:22:00 PM »
                In Reply To #348

No I mean its sometimes like a Real Life tentions between Slay and Az.                        

-----signature-----

Offline [archive] ElGostro

• Ancillus
« Reply #349 on: February 18, 2007, 04:51:00 PM »
                Mayhapsies a more soli approach fer this start anew o the swine s time we can does?
 As in import that roller o dice applet thingie n keep sheet records n all thats?

Meself I can only draw fer nows what with all me once proud machiney being gutted n incomplete as me mind...                        

• Methuselah
« Reply #350 on: February 18, 2007, 06:26:00 PM »
                In Reply To #349
 Azrael and I may scrap a lot, but we don't hold anything against each other (permanently that is). Strangely, according to those that are much older than me, it is the mark of true friendship if two people can fight and get over it shortly thereafter without it affecting their relationship.
 In short, Az and I are actually friends.

In Reply To #350
 Sorry about your computer.
 I agree with the character sheets and making a better Chronicle, which leads me to this:

I want to start a new Chronicle, one that begins as it should, complete with Character Sheets that I will provide. We will be using digital dice for the rolls. I tested a combat scene last night and it is a little slower than tabletop but it works (I used two very powerful characters with 4 dots in all stats and in Fortitude and wrote out the entire fight scene based on the rolls as they were made).

The problem with this is that it not be a pool party thread, so can't be an open invitation to whoever whats to join. Most Chronicles have a limit to how many players can join, usually 4 or 5 (including the Storyteller). But in this case, due to the amount of work on my part for writing out the actions of every single roll for each NPC and the environment, I'm going to limit it to 3 maybe 4.

I have devised a system specifically made for forum RP so that the rolls and numbers will not interfere with the story or clutter up the thread, taking the realism away. I'll explain it all once the Club Scene is cleared up. I want to see what Azrael and arathalion have to say before proceeding in either direction.                        

Offline [archive] RakishAzrael

• Methuselah
« Reply #351 on: February 18, 2007, 07:18:00 PM »
                In Reply To #351

im torn here. on one hand, it would be extra swell to get a little truer to form on pnp rules, to make the gameply more betterer. but on the other hand,  the thing thats been putting me off about the whole club scene thread is, it became this friggin, Dragon Ball Z style battle thread, which put me at a disadvantage. Az is no pushover, but a warrior he aint, and boxman isnt around enough to constantly have my back in fights (case in point the alleyway). it was vexxing, becuase the only scenes i did that were totally social were me and sabbat NPCs...i dont want to lock minds with mySELF, and that what i was doing. wasnt terrible interesting.

also, this WAS Valoris's idea...slayd no ffence your sort of comandeering it, and have been for some time...how does she feel about all this? is vals on board, and boxman ( i needs my muscle) then im in.                        

-----signature-----

~Becuase 300,000 screaming fans can't be wrong~    

Offline [archive] arathalion_5

• Ancillus
« Reply #352 on: February 18, 2007, 08:59:00 PM »
                In Reply To #352
 what ever everyone else wants to do.

though a new chronicle with a new character would be cool.                        

-----signature-----
           im going back to my fence

• Methuselah
« Reply #353 on: February 18, 2007, 09:05:00 PM »
                In Reply To #352
 I "commandeered" the Club Scene thread because no one else was able to do the Storytelling. After I left with Bloodywolf to go back to A Study of the Mind, I noticed you took over. But shortly thereafter, you started expressing discontent about carrying the story, and relief when I came back. I didn't want to be the Storyteller at first, instead wanting everyone to participate in the Storytelling, but I ended up being the only one doing so. Valoris started the pool party aspect, but I carried the Chronicle out of necessity.

As for your concerns, I didn't like the "Dragonball Z -esque" aspect of this thread either. In PnP, this never occurs unless the contenders are Elders and/or Methuselahs (and of course Antediluvians but I'm not even going to put them in my Chronicle). About half of the Chronicle will hinge on a certain ability I will be teaching the players which can be used in combat so you won't be helpless. Besides, PnP Chronicles are more social than fighting anyway. You can look at the amount of social-related skills on a character sheet compared to the physical ones and clearly see that.

For the players on board already, I've talked to Valoris and she is already in. I'm still working out some aspects of the story, but it will start out either in the Victorian Age or Dark Ages and continue to the modern nights. If you decide to join, there will be one more slot open. One last slot that Boxman, Bloodywolf, arathalion, or Vampire O can take, but "there can be only one." Skyra might be interested in this one too since it will be heavy in Wraith and The Risen as well. (Sorry C-L, you said you had 10 other stories so I won't burden you with another.)

I'm allowing Boxman as a "finalist" because he won't have to make long posts; he can basically stick to what he is doing now and it will still work with the story, but he will have to post a line or two every 1-3 days to keep the story flowing. If he is too busy for even that, than he will automatically be out.

[added Feb 18 2007  4:10PM]

In Reply To #353
 Arathalion, you know a lot about WoD, so I'm inclined to give you the final slot, but I want to know how much the others want it too. It will be difficult to turn some of you away and I'm really not looking forward to that, but having any more than 4 people in the Chronicle would be just too much on me.                        

• Methuselah
« Reply #354 on: February 18, 2007, 10:07:00 PM »
                i dont feel like making a new char if it can be avoided, but if we did dark age azraels not alive, and if we do victorian, boxman's not...and id have to make a NEW char sheet to tone down my powers...and in the victorian age i was in italy...so idk. the only other character i have, is franz the ravnos, his stats and backstory arent finished, and he was embraced in the early 1900s, so hes no good...i had a concept for a malk...but he was set for the 30's...so gah! i WANT to be in, but idk man.                        

-----signature-----

• Ancillus
« Reply #355 on: February 18, 2007, 10:23:00 PM »
                In Reply To #354
 k, thats cool. i look forward to hearing back from you... an actual pnp game over forums does sound interesting.

[added Feb 18 2007  5:30PM]

In Reply To #355
 i always find its best to know a little about the setting before you start conceptualizing, or just keeping the concept simple.

for example i have always wanted to play a malk that came off as a torie, with the power orient fixation... but until i had a setting i didnt delve into that character any further.

depending on the time and setting, if im aloud in, i might make me a tremere... or look into the capadocians.                        

-----signature-----

• Methuselah
« Reply #356 on: February 19, 2007, 12:04:00 AM »
                In Reply To #356

i had that same idea (the malk who thinks hes a torrie)! i thought...wouldnt it be fucked up if azrael was really a malkavian?                        

-----signature-----

• Methuselah
« Reply #357 on: February 19, 2007, 03:14:00 AM »
                Many go so far as to pose as members of other clans (if and when they can determine their identities); the Toreador are most frequently imitated in this manner. (Still more embarrassing is the fact that many Toreador cannot tell the difference!)

--Vampire Storytellers Handbook p. 23                        

• Ancillus
« Reply #358 on: February 19, 2007, 03:35:00 AM »
                In Reply To #358
 hence why torries are easiest to do. they cant tell... and i dont like brujah.

and i didnt want my character to actively pretend, just not let out that her clan is malkavian, and have them think so.                        

-----signature-----

• Neonate
« Reply #359 on: February 19, 2007, 07:12:00 AM »
                In Reply To #354

I'll join up if theres room, i don't mind making a new character but I'm keeping my name(s) tho, I like em.                        

-----signature-----