collapse

Author Topic: Covering Tracks Discussion  (Read 10610 times)

Offline [archive] Skinweaver

• Antediluvian
Re: Covering Tracks Discussion
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2007, 12:41:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 In Reply To #120

So what would you like to know, then?
     Right now it's the calm before the storm. I'll try to explain whatever it is you want to know but I can only go so far before I spoil the fun...                        

Offline [archive] Vongetta

• Methuselah
    « Reply #121 on: January 25, 2007, 12:43:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 In Reply To #121

Forget it. I'm not in the mood anymore.                        

-----signature-----
               "Only the insane equate pain with success." - Cheshire Cat, American McGee's Alice
     Currently playing: Samantha James - Rain

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #122 on: January 25, 2007, 12:52:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 In Reply To #122

Well... that was unexpected.
     I'm trying to understand here. Tell me what you need and I'll provide it.                        

Offline [archive] RakishAzrael

• Methuselah
    « Reply #123 on: January 25, 2007, 01:28:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 if i cant count on you for a plot advancement every three days at LEAST, im gonna get creative on my own, for the sake of poor valoris's sanity, and mine.                        

-----signature-----

~Becuase 300,000 screaming fans can't be wrong~    

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #124 on: January 25, 2007, 02:36:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 In Reply To #124

Oh sure. It's not like I have a life.
     By the way, that wasn't sarcasm...

I'll see what I can do but I'd need to know what you people need to know.

(edit)

So basically, the Council is doing what they can on all fronts to prevent stuff from getting out. Unfortunatly, they weren't quick enough. They've had it easy for much too long and have effectively failed in their duties when it comes to keeping the city safe. The hunters know what's going on and are on their way. Once they arrive and suckers start dying, the ineffectiveness of the Council will be made clear. The hunters will use this to their advantage to eliminate some higher ups and that's all I'll reveal at this time.

The city will turn very unsafe, very fast and the players (whoever is still posting) will have to work together to survive. Aside from being actively hunted, they will have to deal with other troubles that emerge as a result of this. The police will act as a neutral force, providing an obstacle to hunter and vampire alike.

[added Jan 24 2007 11:21PM]

In Reply To #120

Valoris posted:

I'm sorry if I sound ignorant of the plot, but I'm still very unclear.
     Who is Mr Brown?
     Who is Katie?

I can play out my own scene but I feel like i'm going around in a circle. I'm not going anywhere with my character. If this keeps up I'm going to have to pull out.

Mr Brown is Nathan Brown. One of the Council members.
     He has sent Azrael and myself to take care of the one responsible for the initial breach, the one who turned the vampire who commited suicide. That responsible party is Kate. Why would Nathan send both at the same time? Well that will become clear later. As for your own side of this, the vampiric community is shaken by the hunter threat. The city has been untouched since the 30's and many younger vampires have no idea on how to react to this. Each part of the city will call it's vampiric citizens to an emergency meeting and that's where I plan for the first hunter strike to occur. Normally, things would happen faster but like I said earlier, the security of the city has stagnated. The hunters have the advantage here.                        

• Methuselah
    « Reply #125 on: January 25, 2007, 10:59:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 Kate turned someone, a woman(?), into a vampire because she was jealous that the latter was in love with the man Kate adored?

I read your scene but I am still unclear. Though it sounds to me a very shallow reason...what would Kate have to gain by turning her rival into an undead?                        

-----signature-----
               "Only the insane equate pain with success." - Cheshire Cat, American McGee's Alice

Offline [archive] roolegion

• Fledgling
    « Reply #126 on: January 25, 2007, 11:05:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 **I meant "bored", as in my life is boring.  I find this all terribly exciting.  Try selling computers for a living ..!**

Name: Marcus Vettori
     Appearance: Drawn and ghastly, sunken cheeks and an unhealthy pallor with eyes that seem to glint in the dark. Lank blonde hair that drape the skull like last night clothes on the floor.  Thin and taut build, a coiled spring about to explode.
     Possessions: A cramped subway storage closet; a old crowbar ; clothes found by scavenging.
     Personality: Bitter and resentful; waiting for the time to pass the revenge back onto his sire ... oh, I have been putting my time to good use, oh you can bet on that!
     History: It all started as a good deed, to impress that girl .. what was her name again ??  Shelly, Kelly ??  Bloody do-gooder.  
     "Go out, see the real world, do something decent in your life."  

Thanks.  

Mind you, it also seemed like a good idea to my editor as well, sending me undercover, Fletch-like.  Oh well, bonus pay cheque and some quick loving after the deed - got to be happy with that !  Hah.  

I raided the local St. Vincent's rag bin to find my "Bum of the Year" outfit, spent a few days without shaving or showering and headed down to the abandoned subway complex.  The idea was to see how the homeless were coping and what we could do to help them out, all from a bum's perspective.

The hardest part was trying to get their confidence, as I was the "newbie" and why was I here and not somewhere else.  I spun them some tale about spiralling into alcoholism, ex-wife demanding more alimony and those bloody expensive school fees !!  Lost my only job, then contact with my kids - but I could always count on my best mates : Jack, Johnnie and Jim, The Three "J's".

After about a week, I began to hear rumours of abandoned parts of the subway where they refused to go and stay, especially in the rain and cold.  I asked a few questions - the sheer terror in their eyes, as they mentioned the "thing" almost had me convinced that they were right.  Piffle, what would bums know, with their brains swimming in cheap booze and battling senility !  Still, the idea of a "monster" stopping them could be a metaphor of how the homeless are the "thing in the closet" we do not want to open the door to confront.

I am still impressed by that analogy.  Not much makes me smile these nights.

So, I trundled on down, pass the caved in sections and climbed over the broken rafters.  The area, for a bum, was certainly quite good - solid roof, no wind, couple of old storage closets to store your crap in.  Those same closets now store me.  Stupid bums ...

That night I stayed there, to show them that if they could confront this they can move on and help themselves.  Sidling up into an alcove, I sipped on my whiskey bottle (actually, it was a protein shake) and slowly nodded off to sleep.

What was it that made me wake up in the middle of the night, I am still not sure.  Perhaps it was that reptilian part of my brain that is always on alert for danger.  I opened my eyes, wondering at what noise or what thing slithered over me again.  

Then it opened its eyes at me.

"Oh, for Christ's sakes !!  Shit, fucking shit !!!"  I do not know what it was out there in the darkness, about three feet from me but the only thought in my mind was : "Bums are not so stupid after all".  Reptilian brain kicking in, I threw my bottle at it and scrambled up.  A small chuckle was all that I heard before that sweet - so sudden and life changing - kiss descended onto me.  And as I lay there, dying for the first time, it still giggled and smirked at me.  As a final act of desperation, I gave it the finger and said : "Fuck you, you twisted son of a bitch!", before ... emptiness.

A dribble down my neck soon became a sip and then a suckle on the wrist.  Sweet nectar of the gods !!  And then it spoke to me : "I am tired of this life; you had the courage and balls to stand up to me.  For the first time in over fifty years, someone came to me !!"  A laugh echoed out the alcove.

"Now, it is your turn to rule the darkness beneath, Mr Reporter Man !!!"

Five years later, and I still do that, feeding on the same people that I wanted to help, so I could bang that broad and brown nose my boss.  The "thing" still exists but I am now it.  Hard to see me in the dark, reaching out with my mind to find you out there.  A closet as a home to rest, the world thinking that I am dead.  For fuck's sake,  I will get that son-of-a-bitch who made me and I will make him pay.

Meanwhile, the bogeyman still haunts the darkness beneath ...

-----signature-----
               "The price for survival is eternal struggle."    

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #127 on: January 25, 2007, 11:48:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 In Reply To #126

Who she did isn't as important as what she did.
     The point being, as I was going to explain in one of Lucas' later moments of contemplation, that she fell in love with a mortal who was later wooed by another mortal from Kate's former social circle so she turned the poor guy in a desperate attempt to get him all for herself.
     So he freaked out and fried himself.
     Of course, that's not relevant when compared to the damage this did to the city and Kate is dead anyway...                        

• Methuselah
    « Reply #128 on: January 25, 2007, 12:33:00 PM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 In Reply To #128

Of course it's fuckin' relevant!! We as the actors and players of this story need to know the details of the plot, the background, so we won't keep stumbling around writing the wrong things in our scenes!

One fine example: I had been under the impression that the culprit was a MALE, and not female, and that he had been running for his life down the alley after his victim ran out onto the street and died. THAT'S WHY I wrote my first scene the way I did. Nobody bothered to correct me on this. Nobody is coming out with what's going on. Oh no...it's all secret and so hushed up that we're all expected to sit around in our trailers and do our hair, and be expected to improvise in this movie without a script discussion!

I'm just about a hair's breadth from removing myself from this tale.                        

-----signature-----

Offline [archive] RakishAzrael

• Methuselah
    « Reply #129 on: January 25, 2007, 05:10:00 PM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 In Reply To #128

Crazy-Legs posted:

Kate is dead anyway...</quote>

muhuhahahahahahahaaa!

[added Jan 25 2007 12:11PM]

In Reply To #129
     <quote by="Valoris">

we're all expected to sit around in our trailers and do our hair

um, sorry, but you can NEVER have enough time to do your hair.                        

-----signature-----

~Becuase 300,000 screaming fans can't be wrong~    

Offline [archive] ElGostro

• Ancillus
    « Reply #130 on: January 25, 2007, 06:17:00 PM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 In Reply To #130

Azrael il Toreador posted:

um, sorry, but you can NEVER have enough time to do your hair.

N that be precisely the reasons never do I combs!                        

• Fledgling
    « Reply #131 on: January 27, 2007, 12:30:00 PM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 I guess I am not that good in this life either.  No comment at all on my fiction as above ??  

It is okay, I guess I will go back to my mundane life again.                        

-----signature-----

• Methuselah
    « Reply #132 on: January 27, 2007, 12:36:00 PM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 In Reply To #132

Actually, Mick, I thought your character biography was brilliant. However, since I am not personally heading this piece of fiction, I felt I had no say. I do think you write excellently though, and look forward to your contribution, if this story moves along at all.

-----signature-----

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #133 on: January 28, 2007, 12:21:00 PM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 In Reply To #132

Actually, I found it innovative and well written.
     Very nice compared to my own crap. I haven't been able to read the forum much because I'm having serious physical problems to deal with. I'll make a real post when things clear up...                        

• Fledgling
    « Reply #134 on: January 29, 2007, 09:22:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 Oh okay then !!  I came into this discussion after it had been going for awhile - did not read the dates, not realizing how slow it moves !!

Okay then, well, I will keep floating in here then. :-)                        

-----signature-----