Author Topic: X20 Mod  (Read 4749 times)

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
  • Onyx Path Community Manager
    • Onyx Path Publishing
Re: [WIP] X20 Mod
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2019, 12:54:18 AM »
Sorry, to sneak into this thread, but from UP 10.3 on the plus patch includes improved credits of people who helped me with the patch and I would like to get more real names there. IanW is obvious ;), but DDLullu, or Dan, if you want your full name in the credits, just send me a PM!

If you're going full names, Ian A. A. Watson, if you don't mind. :)

There's a sci-fi author named Ian Watson who has written Warhammer novels, so I use my middle initials to distinguish myself in the gaming industry.
Ian A. A. Watson
Onyx Path Community Manager
VTM portal - Tabletop primer

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2019, 01:34:25 AM »
It's the alpha channel. You must resize it the same as your new texture.

With my paint program i save the original small alpha to disk and with the bigger texture, i load the same small alpha but use the option 'fit to layer'.
If i use the option 'as is' i obtain your small light in the corner. Simple fix if you ask me.

I have make a picture to show the difference.

... you know, I never noticed there was an alpha channel. I just assumed they were all using postergen1_ref.

This makes things much easier. Thanks!
Ian A. A. Watson

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2019, 08:17:27 AM »
If you're going full names, Ian A. A. Watson, if you don't mind. :)

This is the way you are already in there for the next RC :)!

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2019, 07:55:08 AM »
So, the Malkavian clan shield above the entrance to Grout's.

I'm trying to locate the texture for it, but none of the file names I've dug through are anything obvious.

I've decompiled the map and opened it in Hammer to have a look, and while I can see everything, selecting the appropriate object shows a blank texture in the texture sidebar to the right. It looks like the front gable is a separate object, so maybe there's some sort of object sub-menu I should be looking for. A lot of the help menu stuff either seems to be outdated or seems to be for a different version of the program.

Can anyone tell me where I should be looking so I can figure out the name of that damn texture? Thanks!
Ian A. A. Watson

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2019, 05:50:06 PM »
Nevermind, managed to work it out. :)
Ian A. A. Watson

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2019, 06:10:55 PM »

So what is this new coat of arms about?

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2019, 08:16:14 PM »

So what is this new coat of arms about?

It's the clan shield of the Malkavians from the Dark Ages period. It's already there above the door (you can kind of see it in this image and in my Hammer screenshot above), it's just hard to make out because it's done with embossed outlines. It's also not totally accurate: the upside-down crown is replaced with some filigree designs, and the shield shape is an oval instead. So I decided to showcase what the full shield looks like, and make it look like it's hanging above the door as a physical object.

A lot of the doors inside the mansion (and a single door in the first level of the Giovanni crypts) have the cockatrice and crown from the top of the shield embossed on them, to carry over the motif.
Ian A. A. Watson

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2019, 09:13:26 PM »
Interesting, but rather weird. Because from his reel to reel messages I would assume that Grout doesn't really know what a Malkavian is :)!

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2019, 10:01:44 PM »
Interesting, but rather weird. Because from his reel to reel messages I would assume that Grout doesn't really know what a Malkavian is :)!

That's malk enough to me
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me (on changing my mind on deleting cheeks for a mod)

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2019, 06:33:30 AM »

Not initially, but he does later figure it out by the time he's named to the Primogen Council. Unfortunately we don't have much idea of how much time has elapsed between different recordings. All we know about the house itself is when he really starts going off the rails, he complains that when he built the house he didn't know the full range of vampire capabilities, so there could be a period of years between when he found out what a Malkavian was, and when he built (or renovated) the house.

Or the simpler answer: the original artists clearly didn't think it mattered too much so I'm not going to sweat it too much either. ;)
Ian A. A. Watson

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2019, 07:55:19 PM »
X20 Mod 1.0 is now available.

At the moment X20+ is intended for use with UP 10.2, but once 10.3 final comes out, I'll update this accordingly.

Combined changelog:

• Realized I couldn't really justify why I was keeping the version number so low, so welcome to version 1.0.
  • Added new character select intro screen, based on the appearance of VTM, to provide more of a feel of transitioning from tabletop to a PC game.
  • Tweaked one of the liquor bottles.
  • Replaced pizza box.
  • Downtown hospital named "McGlynn Medical" on maps to account for poster in X20+
  • Replaced bus stop poster with ad for a showing of the Katherine Weise collection at Gallery Noir
  • Orpheus has been shut down by the NSA (and updated to 4x the resolution).
  • Upgraded previous bus stop posters to 4x original resolution
  • The Surfside Diner is now identified as such on its own sign.
  • The Malkavian clan shield on Grout's Mansion is now enhanced with a better version of the shield
  • Bonus revised high quality maps for those of you using the Clan Quest Mod
  • + New Pisha poster for the extended Gary poster quest (thanks to Ulbandi Cosplay)
  • + New Beckett poster for the extended Gary poster quest
  • + New Max Shreck poster for the extended Gary poster quest
  • + Haven PC poster text updated
  • + Quest log poster text updated
  • + Added some altered clan-specific dialog for additional flavour (albeit nothing as drastic as Malks) in Santa Monica
  • + Added some altered clan-specific dialog for additional flavour in Downtown LA
  • + Added some altered clan-specific dialog for additional flavour in Hollywood
  • + Added some altered clan-specific dialog for additional flavour in Chinatown
  • + Added some altered clan-specific dialog for additional flavour in Giovanni Mansion
  • + Minor spelling fixes in Generic NPCs
  • + Spelling fixes and clan-specific dialog for additional flavour for Main Characters
  • + Arthur Kilpatrick's got some secrets. Potentially foreshadowing for the Tourette quest.
  • + The Ashukhi Corporation also has some goods in the museum.
Ian A. A. Watson

Online TF Alex Burton

• Formally known as the Shadow Man
  • Antediluvian
    • Terror Firma by Alex Burton
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2019, 04:14:27 PM »
Quiet a few of this additions sounds great. New High Quality Maps for Clan Quest Mod you say?

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #102 on: March 17, 2019, 12:32:52 PM »
Quiet a few of this additions sounds great. New High Quality Maps for Clan Quest Mod you say?

Bus stop maps, to be specific.

The maps included with CQM 4.0 are at the same resolution as VTMB's default maps. X20 included new high-res versions with unique graffiti on each map offering additional World of Darkness references or hints to additional locations. Didn't seem right to have all the maps except East LA upgraded, so CQM's East LA maps now get the same treatment.
Ian A. A. Watson

Online TF Alex Burton

• Formally known as the Shadow Man
  • Antediluvian
    • Terror Firma by Alex Burton
« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2019, 02:49:57 PM »

Bus stop maps, to be specific.

The maps included with CQM 4.0 are at the same resolution as VTMB's default maps. X20 included new high-res versions with unique graffiti on each map offering additional World of Darkness references or hints to additional locations. Didn't seem right to have all the maps except East LA upgraded, so CQM's East LA maps now get the same treatment.

That awesome.  :cometome:

Offline Candy Narwhal

• Fledgling
« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2019, 05:27:03 PM »
Very cool! I'm excited to see the clan-specific dialogues - I've been working on a similar project, but far broader in scope, to where the changes are kind of arbitrary at times, LOL.

Would anyone happen to have a mirror for UP 10.2? It's not on ModDB, and the Patches-Scrolls link isn't working for me...

EDIT: Never mind! The pop-up was just bugging out on me.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 06:41:12 PM by Candy Narwhal »