collapse

* Notice

Important notice (31 July): We have recently recovered from a nearly two day downtime due to an attack. No data was lost or stolen but the server has been reinstalled as a precaution. Please let us know if you encounter any issues. We apologise for the unacceptable inconvenience. Please read here for more information.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: IC -Post Intro-  (Read 25492 times)

Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
  • Reputation: +558/-22
    • Aydoodle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #345 on: January 16, 2011, 12:25:15 pm »
Gwendolyn shifts her gaze to Thomas and glares at him pretty hard -- if looks could kill -- then rolls her eyes and puts her head back down in defeat. She then proceeds to point to the wall where she had been sitting this whole time though no one had noticed. She mutters something but it is mostly muffled between her arms and the desk but were someone perceptive enough it might sound like "cunt-fuckery."

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3024
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #346 on: January 16, 2011, 12:30:54 pm »
"You may leave if you wish" Evan tries placing his hand gently on Sherie's nervous shoulder to calm her as he gaze into her eyes in sympathy "I am not holding you or anyone else prisoner here"  He looks to the others as he speaks "I have taken the liberty to arrange for transport and make reservations at the Everette Motel in the downtown area where all of you may stay for now if you wish."
Spoiler for Hiden:
To prevent future misunderstandings in the last part he was speaking to all the characters in the room.

"Ah yes, your Possessions, seems you were not found with much save for your wallets and cellphones so there is little that can be done about your bag, wherever it may be. However , I do have your Badge, Officer Watson, but I think you can understand if it stays here for safekeeping for the time being.. The rest is inside the closet next to the entrance and you may take it on your way out.


Spoiler for Hiden:

Keep in mind that drinking Vampire blood is not the same as drinking "V" in True Blood , most noteably because different vampires have different powers and drinking one time does not immidiatly turn someone into a ghoul(unless Burke did Ghoul him).
For this scene which is ending soon, we will assume that Tomaz is experiencing a disorinting version of Burke's hightened sense power but only very temporarly because it doesn't matter much at this point.


Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #347 on: January 16, 2011, 04:11:28 pm »
With the prince saying that they're not prisoners, and the guy that got fed Burke's blood seeming a lot better, Gary calms down. "A motel huh? Sounds good...(Gary trails off mumbling to himself, those who pay attention may notice the words "shower" and "fresh clothes" coming up a lot)" He seems a lot more cheerful, though suddenly his mood drops. He turns to the prince, humbling himself by bowing his head and back a little as he speaks. "How exacly will we...how will i deal with...my condition. I figure i'm a mess right now, and it's just gonna get worse. I take it, it would be a long shot for me to pass as a...healthy individual." Something belies his last words. Anger perhaps, or something similair. *

Offline cadmiumcadamium

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 281
  • Reputation: +383/-1
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #348 on: January 16, 2011, 04:30:57 pm »
Thomas looks at Evan, then at Gary, then at Evan again.

"Surely there must be other, Nosferatu was it?, in the city. Maybe they can help him come to terms with his new contition"

"Can't we go back to our homes? I miss my appartment."

Thomas ponders his own question for a second and then says:

"Or perhaps its for the best, having a missing person showing up like that isn't perhaps the best idea"

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #349 on: January 16, 2011, 08:37:30 pm »
A momentary flash of fear changes Burke's stance from relaxed to slightly anxious.

"Now that you mention it- There may be a missing persons report out on me... Not sure. My family and I had a bit of an argument before I left that night. I do know that if my father is trying to find me, it might present a definite risk to the masquerade. Better I go convince everyone that all is well first, then I will return to the suite at the hotel. And... Once I find wherever they towed my car to."

Burke looks as though he might leave it at that, but then reconsiders. He turns to the prince again. He looks a touch uncomfortable, as though he is not used to this kind of thing.
"I know the way this could've gone, had you made a different decision. I just wanted to say... I appreciate your hospitality. I'm sure we all do."

Spoiler for Hiden:
Tomaz is already my ghoul, with one level of blood bond to me. According to the VTM Rulebook: "All ghouls learn Potence 1 within minutes of ingesting blood for the first time, and can also learn Fortitude. Most ghouls can progress no farther than the first level in a Discipline, but some can learn higher levels of Disciplines; the upper limit of a ghoul’s Discipline levels is usually decreed by his domitor’s generation."- You are able to soak lethal damage as long as you have some of my blood in your system, as well as retain your 1 dot of potence (though it is likely only JUST beginning to manifest.) Should you receive the embrace, you lose that one free dot of potence, but you retain any other disciplines you learned. All the same, XP costs are higher for ghouls to learn disciplines, so I would recommend waiting.


Also, I'm not sure how familiar you are with WoD in general, so I'll post the core rulebook's summary on ghouls so you know how to RP them:
"A vampire’s blood has great power, power that can be passed on. Long ago, the Kindred discovered that mortals who drank vampiric blood would become possessed of supernatural abilities and dark appetites. Soon it became common practice for vampires to keep certain favored servants, battening them on vitae -and blood bonding them in the process - all the better to have undying, hellishly loyal servitors - ghouls.
Most ghouls exist at the whim of their domitors (masters), serving loyally in exchange for vitae. As they are as susceptible to the blood bond as anyone, ghouls are almost without exception unfailingly devoted to their masters - and if the domitor has more than one ghoul servant, the result may be a jealous struggle between them for the domitor’s favor. A ghoul’s emo- tions run to extremes with the heady drug of vitae in his veins." 

Oh, also, as long as I feed you Blood, you don't age. Though I doubt that will be a problem though since Burke has made the promise to embrace Tomaz if he proves himself to be alright.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 08:46:15 pm by Malavis »

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
  • Reputation: +881/-7
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #350 on: January 16, 2011, 08:54:00 pm »
Rolled 5d10 : 8, 3, 10, 10, 9, total 40

Rolled 6d10 : 10, 8, 5, 8, 6, 9, total 46

Rolled 7d10 : 7, 8, 2, 4, 2, 6, 10, total 39
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
  • Reputation: +881/-7
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #351 on: January 16, 2011, 09:03:33 pm »
As the Prince's hand rests on her shoulder, she fights the urge to cringe away.  Holding her breath, she manages to stay more or less the same as she was before.  After a few seconds, she nods and half smiles at him politely.  Walking back over to the table, she picks up Plague.  Without so much as a glance at the others, she makes her way to the closet by the entrance.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Here I'm assuming that the closet is easy to find, and that she can find it without help.  If this is incorrect, I'll cut/paste the following segment into a later post.

Opening the closet door, she looks around for her belongings.  She retrives her phone, her keys and her wallet.  Noticing that her jacket is nowhere to be found, she scowls and walks a safe distance from the closet and everybody else.  She stands with her back to a wall, careful to make sure that nobody can see the screen on her phone.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Is her phone still working?  She plans to check her messages and make two calls.  Please let me know if she is able/allowed to do so.
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
  • Reputation: +558/-22
    • Aydoodle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #352 on: January 17, 2011, 01:53:03 am »
After noticing Sherie grab her things she waits awhile and follows suit, heading to the closet and taking her things. Things being all of a small Green Lantern wallet, a few peices of jewelry that look a bit tarnished, and a small cloth case with a DS within. :> Afterwords she slumps back at the desk proping her feet up on it and checks to see if the battery, which is most asuridly dead is actually dead.

"Fuck.. there goes that," she grumbles, pockets the game system, and place her arm over her face to try to blank out the room.

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3024
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #353 on: January 17, 2011, 01:55:04 pm »
Spoiler for Hiden:
All of the Cellphones's Batteries have been dismantled and their thin plaque like batteries duct-taped to the the back cover of each cellphone, if put back together the cellphone will work but there seems to be no signal reception in their current location, could be its because they are underground or something else.

"Noseferatu," The Prince takes out his cellphone looking at it as he Answers Gary's question "There are rumors about their dwelling habitats in the sewers or abandoned warehouses but to be honest I never really concerned myself with such, As a favor I can ask the Nosferatu Primogen to find you and give you some advice but that would probably mean that you will owe him for that if that is what you wish, regardless I suggest you get some cloths, scarfs, hats, long raincoat to hide in and try not to avoid being seen in public.. " He frown slightly and his gaze falls upon Thomas " And you Mr.Watson, I hope I can count on you to stay off the police radar for a while, for the time being I had your police status stripped away and wiped from their database, much in the same way that Mr.Burkes Missing Person's Report does not recieve the full attention it deserves."
Evan  looks at his cellphone again as its screen lights up.
"There is a plan to assit you in faking your own deaths but for the time being as far as all of you are concerned it is best to avoid contact with your previous life, tell your friends and relative you are feeling ill or taking a vacation if anyone asks. that is no joke because anyone who finds the truth becomes Collateral damage or worse other Kindred can find them and use them against you."
In turn He looks briefly at Gary, Thomas and Gabrlel "I hope I can trust all of you to hold one another in line on this matter"






Offline cadmiumcadamium

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 281
  • Reputation: +383/-1
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #354 on: January 17, 2011, 04:42:20 pm »
"Of course" Thomas agrees with Evan. "I will not go back to my former life, though it will be tuff. I'll let them think I'm missing."

"I think it will be the best way to maintain the masquerade at this point."

But before we leave, let me see if I got this straight.

1: Do not show our new nature to humans.
2: No killing our own
3: Take care of any children you make
4: Respect peoples stuff.

Have I missinterpred anything or forgotten anything?"

Thomas notices that the wound in his chest hasn't fully healed yet.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spends a bp to heal the last of it.

"There we go, good as new"

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #355 on: January 17, 2011, 05:48:54 pm »
"I don't know if I'd be able to simply fake my own death. I get stopped in supermarkets by people, or on the train, even here in a town where I'd hoped to hide from it. I mean, I'm not getting mobbed like a rock star, but people recognize my face. Also, I don't know if faking my own death would be the best use of my resources. After all, I am well-connected, even here in town. I could be of use to the Masquerade and to the interests of the Camarilla. If my father knows I am alive, he will stay in Texas and leave me be, and let me run the Canadian division. I figure I can move to part-time, work from home and do the bare minimum to not set off alarms. If he thinks I'm dead, he and lots of people you probably DONT want in town will show up and start digging. That's just the kind of guy he is. He has zero faith in law enforcement in general." Burke winces slightly and turns to Thomas. "No offense. I don't share his feelings."

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
  • Reputation: +881/-7
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #356 on: January 17, 2011, 06:02:12 pm »
After looking her phone over for a moment, she isn't sure what to make of the duct tape and the dismantled battery.  She sighs and looks at her watch.  "I was supposed to pick up..." she trails off, glancing distrustfully around the room "...somebody.  A few hours ago, I think.  I understand the part about keeping our distance from people who know us, and all that.  But I need to make a few phone calls now.  If I'm going to keep a lid on it, I need to tell people 'don't worry' sooner, not later.  Know what I mean?"
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 06:07:25 pm by _username »
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #357 on: January 17, 2011, 06:10:13 pm »
Burke's eyes flash over to Sherie sympathetically, and his expression softens a bit.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 06:27:15 pm by Malavis »

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #358 on: January 17, 2011, 07:28:26 pm »
Gary considers heavily for a few seconds with his gaze turned away, his hands running over eachother as he thinks. Eventually they stop, and Gary returns his gaze to the prince. "Very well, i'd like to meet the Nosferatu primogen. I need to know how they deal with...this."

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3024
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #359 on: January 20, 2011, 01:54:20 am »
"There should be cellphone reception if you go outside of the basement" Evan crosses his arms as he tilts his head to look up before his eyes return to meet Sherie's "I believe it is time for all of you to leave this place,  The Primogen and I infrequently use it for meetings every now and then but staying here for long is not safe"

Quote
Gary considers heavily for a few seconds with his gaze turned away, his hands running over eachother as he thinks. Eventually they stop, and Gary returns his gaze to the prince. "Very well, i'd like to meet the Nosferatu primogen. I need to know how they deal with...this."

"You must understand that I cannot promise anything, I will contact him, However you should know Larson usually does not care much for new blood and he may not take on the offer if he believes he can gain nothing for it."

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal