collapse

Author Topic: IC -Post Intro-  (Read 21229 times)

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #330 on: January 12, 2011, 01:03:55 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Reminder to all PCs that they can spend a Point of Willpower and  succeed on a Willpower roll(Difficulty 8) to temporarly resist the effects of Awe or any other Presence Discipline power for a turn(1 post) should they choose to.(P.170=171)

I know Azrael is new so I thought I'd point it out so it doesn't seem like there are no options in face of that particular discipline
 





Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #331 on: January 12, 2011, 06:35:31 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Don't believe him- disregard that past statement because it is simply untrue. When I switch awe on, you all become my puppets and must dance for me. Dance puppets, dance! Lol. Just kidding. He's right. I'm using awe a bit heavy-handedly on purpose, by the way- for two reasons. One, to show his natural aptitude for it, and two, to show that he is undisciplined in its proper use. I promise I wont keep bludgeoning people with it as the story goes on, since I can see it getting a bit old :P For now though I'm just hoping it expedites the scene a bit.

Offline Azrael

  • Apathetic Toreador
  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 266
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #332 on: January 12, 2011, 07:50:17 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
uhhhhhh.....

Tomaz feels.... crowded. Everyone is in his face. This guy is talking to him. He seems nice. Or he's a complete tool. Tomaz has never been the best judge of character. There's this girl too. She's sort of cute, in a 'sexually abused by an alcoholic uncle in her youth' sort of way. Hooray for emotionally damaged women!

Now they want him to drink something.... he mumbles something even HE isn't sure as to the meaning of, and he feels hot liquid on his lips. They're trying to drown him! He can't breathe!!!

He struggles against the supposed imaginary Draculas all up in his personal space. The liquid goes everywhere. Like it matters at this point. He sputters and tries to speak, licking his lips.... and abruptly all the fight in him is redirected towards the liquid.

FIRE. SWEETNESS. Like liquid sex. Like heroin cut with pixie sticks. Like a warm blanket and a cuddle. All consuming. Everything. LIGHT.

He is blind. He must have more.
- az

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #333 on: January 12, 2011, 10:37:11 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Lol I was just being funny  :vampwink: . you can totally resist awe with a willpower roll. I did however think that there was a difference in difficulty with kindred vs. Mortals. Oh well :)

Burke smiles at Sherie, thankful that they didn't have to do it the hard way. He lets the man drink up all of the vitae in his cupped hand, then lets him follow the trail of blood up to his slashed wrist. He lets the man draw blood directly from his veins, and for the first time, he is aware of the unsettling feeling of the fact that his blood is not naturally moving through his veins. it is stagnant, and it moves only by his will. Now he feels it, sluggish and thick, as it is drawn out of his body by this man. His beast cries out.
"NO!" It screams, "That Vitae is mine by right! We took it! It is ours, don't give it to this random person! He has done nothing to deserve it!"
Burke grits his teeth and lets the man drink his fill, silently listening to the beast rage inside him. Burke feels light-headed, and he shakes his head to clear it, but still, he looks down at the man who sucks greedily on his arm and sighs. "If I can protect you, I will. You have my word on that."
Spoiler for Hiden:
I will allow Tomaz to drink up to 3 BP from me. Your call as to how much you want.

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #334 on: January 13, 2011, 02:05:41 AM »
She stares intently at the man as he sputters.  Afew stray droplets of blood fly from his mouth, and a tiny speck strikes her cheek.  It feels cold.  It's hard to say if she's purposefully avoiding Burke's gaze, or if she's distracted by the blood.
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #335 on: January 13, 2011, 05:02:17 PM »
The still nervous Gary watches as Burke draws blood from his wrist, he looks like he wants to say something but tries to hold himself back. As Burke begins to feed the man his blood, he blurts out, slightly desperately "Are you sure about this? This guy looks like a liability and if he fucks up they're gonna kill you for it"

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #336 on: January 13, 2011, 05:56:50 PM »
Burke turns to Gary, At first a tiny glint of rage apparent in his eyes, his expression a mix between masked pleasure and agony.
The angry look softens into one of concern after a moment, and then finally gratitude for his advice.

"It's the only way to save his life. If he fucks up, I'll kill him myself. He deserves the chance we got, at least. He deserves better than that, but this is the only way he gets out of here in one piece."

After a few moments longer, Burke forcefully pulls his arm away, willing the wound on his arm to heal. with the opposite sleeve of his shirt, he wipes up the remaining blood, and sighs. Somehow he appears older than he was, a little more haggard, pale, and jaded.

"I hope I can confide in you guys.." He pauses for a moment, as if debating whether to say anything. Finally he purses his lips. "There've been days when I've been just as messed up as this poor bastard. I came out of it in one piece, as far as any of us can say that; but I've learned that you can't judge a man by what a drug makes him, only by how he beats the drug."

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #337 on: January 13, 2011, 05:59:35 PM »
Burke looks deeply introspective for a moment, then turns to the man on the floor, his expression softening.

"Hey- You alright?"

Offline Azrael

  • Apathetic Toreador
  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 266
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #338 on: January 16, 2011, 12:11:52 AM »
His consciousness descends back to earth. The clouds part to reveal... the same fucking room full of monster weirdos.

Tomaz sits up, leaning against one of the table's legs. He feels... clear. Awake. Alive. His other highs had vanished in the face of that... whatever that was. Tomas felt GOOD. He felt strength and vitality in his limbs. The wounds in his arm had closed. The fatigue of his week long bender had vanished. More than that, he felt euphoric. Blissful. So strange. and his SENSES. He could see so clearly in the dim room. His fingers could pick out the feel of individual carpet fibers beneath them. He could hear the breathing of the rodent. His sense of smell was increased as well... unfortunately. He was still covered in offal. His clothes were ruined. Nothing for it. Oh well.

"Am I alright?" he responded to the man in his face.... his saviour. "I'm fuckin' terrific!"

He looked at the man as if seeing him for the first time. He was...well he seemed like a swell guy.

"You seem like a swell guy." He said. He wondered if this swell guy had any more of that stuff.

"Got any more of that stuff?"
- az

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #339 on: January 16, 2011, 12:47:04 AM »
Sherie takes a few steps away from Thomaz, then turns to face the Prince.  "I want to leave.  When can we leave?"  Her voice is calm, if a little weary, but her body language is impatient.  She crosses her arms and waits.
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #340 on: January 16, 2011, 01:28:06 AM »
Burke rises to his feet and turns to Tomaz, a half-smile forming on his lips now that the man is behaving somewhat sensibly.

"Yes, there's much more where that came from. All in good time. Too much at once will go straight to your head. I can hook you up with more, but first, you and I need to have a talk about a few things." He is now quite accepting of the man in both his stance and body language, and something in his tone seems almost fatherly, in a strange sort of way.

Burke turns slowly to the Prince as Sherie asks her question, and nods his agreement.
"Yes, I think a few of us are in need of a hot shower- not to mention a change of shirt..." -At this he gestures to his ruined clothes and generally wrinkled attire-
"and a night to process all of this. Would that be acceptable?"

Burke keeps his eyes respectfully on the prince, and takes a few steps over to the table, sliding the Chronicles of Alistair over to his side and allowing his fingers to wander slowly, almost reverently, along the spine of the book.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Also, how many BP did Tomaz take? As I said, Burke will allow up to 3. Your call.

Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
    • Aydoodle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #341 on: January 16, 2011, 02:28:13 AM »
Having been pushed aside and ignored again (she was standing over Tomaz when everyone decided to crowd him for the ghouling:>) Gwendolyn falls back to sitting at the table and slumps her head down while Gabriel works on making Tomaz his first of perhaps many members of Team Cannon Fodder. She sighs heavily again and tries to contemplate the consequences of having another hanger on but eventually gets lost in a myriad of other thoughts. One particularly sticks out int he back of her brain and she looks up at Evan.

"Um.. What happened to the stuff we might have had on our person before we were brought here? I mean.. I had this shoulder bag and well.. I haven't seen it around since we uh.. woke up."

Offline cadmiumcadamium

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 281
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #342 on: January 16, 2011, 07:39:05 AM »
Suddenly, out of the blue, Thomas utters these words: "A Shower, man that would be wonderful"

Thomas has been real quiet since the incident with Tomaz and the shadowy figure, but now he seems to come to his senses. "What have you done to him?" Thomas flicks a thumb at Tomaz.

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #343 on: January 16, 2011, 08:10:29 AM »
Burke smiles thinly at the irony, picking up the book in one fluid motion.
"Let's call it... A necessary precaution."
He turns back to the prince, awaiting a response to the mutual request.

Offline cadmiumcadamium

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 281
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #344 on: January 16, 2011, 11:36:42 AM »
"What do you mean "a necessary precaution?"

"Hey, miss." Thomas looks at Gwen
"Where have you been? See anything intresting?"