collapse

* Notice

Important notice: On 28th December 2019 we moved to a new server. Please let us know if you run into any issues.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: IC -Post Intro-  (Read 22816 times)

Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
  • Reputation: +558/-22
    • Aydoodle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #315 on: January 11, 2011, 01:45:14 AM »
She closes her eyes then sighs again running her hand through her hair trying to compose herself.

"Hidden? I've been sitting right here while everyone just wandered around and stepped over me for the last... oh three hours?"

She shakes her head, "Nice to see you all too," then grumbles to herself.

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #316 on: January 11, 2011, 01:51:34 AM »
Burke hesitates for a moment, then says:
"We were worried about you."

Not hesitating long enough to let his one opportunity be wasted, Burke turns back to the prince.

"I am aware of the honor that you are giving me, especially since you know very little about me, and since I was basically dropped on your doorstep. I wondered, instead, if you might listen to a counter-proposal that would serve us all better."
Burke (likely) watches the prince's eyebrows lift a little in surprise. Not pausing to hear his reply, Burke continues.
"I don't know this man at all, and I haven't seen him sober. He might be a complete waste of space, or he might be a good addition to the Camarilla of this city. I don't feel confident making that assumption just yet. Either way, he will need to be... Dealt with in some fashion." Burke pauses for effect.

"Let me make him my ghoul. If he proves he has the requisite presence of mind that I feel comfortable taking him on under the traditions, then I will do as you ask and embrace him. If not, I will... Deal with him myself. He will be under my control in the interim- I just don't want to have any more kindred running wild than are absolutely necessary. I will have my answer within the next few days. I just... I just can't, in good conscience, follow a bad decision with another bad decision." Burke's eyes drop, as though he is considering saying something else, but he falls silent and awaits Evan's reply.

Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
  • Reputation: +558/-22
    • Aydoodle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #317 on: January 11, 2011, 02:24:28 AM »
"Uh huh.." She lets out sarcastically and under her breath, "so worried to chow down on that raving fool."

She struggles internally but manages to stand up and walks over looking down at Tomaz. "Ugh.. what a mess."

Offline Azrael

  • Apathetic Toreador
  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 266
  • Reputation: +308/-0
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #318 on: January 11, 2011, 03:13:55 AM »
"YOU GUYS ARE ALL ASSHOLES! ASSHOLES MAN! FRIGGIN' DRACULAS! WORST. TRIP. EVER."

Tomaz pisses himself in fear and fury and lack of bowel control due to depressant abuse.

"AND NOW MY PANTS ARE RUINED!"

He rolls over onto his stomach and tries to push himself up.

He slips in vomit and piss, bumps his head on the table and, dazed, falls back to the floor. His wounded arm lands in the mess he's created.

"Friggin'... sepsis..." he slurs.

Dazed, exhausted, still high, confused, and covered in offal, Tomaz settles down, looking down at himself for the first time. He begins to laugh.

As he howls in amusement he notices the dropped 'cigarette' on the floor and picks it up, placing it between his lips.  He finds the lighter nearby as well. He struggles to work the flint mechanism but cannot conjure a flame, and so tosses both aside, giving it up as a bad job.

"I need a glass of water... And a shower... and a band-aid... and my mommy... Somebody?"
- az

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #319 on: January 11, 2011, 03:21:29 AM »
Burke glances back and forth from the prince to the man, obviously ready to go help him, but awaiting the prince's decision.

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
  • Reputation: +881/-7
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #320 on: January 11, 2011, 03:32:36 AM »
Startled by the man's outburst, she recoils instictively.  After he tosses she lighter away, she glances at the others.  Scowling briefly at Burke's hesitation, she looks back at the man on the floor.  Something between pity and annoyance comes across her features.

Spoiler for Hiden:

She awkwardly crouches down to help steady him.  "Ssshhh....that's not a good idea, I think."  Looking over his various wounds, she mutters "if he loses much more blood, he might die."
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #321 on: January 11, 2011, 03:41:36 AM »
Burke's features soften when he sees that Sherie is willing to go to the man's aid. He catches her eye when she scowls at him, and despite it, he smiles warmly at her. When she comments about the chance of him dying, he turns back to the prince and nods, calmly awaiting his decision.

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #322 on: January 11, 2011, 03:56:44 AM »
The Prince is not so surprised at Gabriel's proposal,confidant his hands rest at the front of his suit, Evan brows frown a little instead of jumping as he hear the words "counter-proposal" but his expression quickly returns to its calm assertiveness as he listens to Burke's length explanation and seem to pounder it as his eyes wander across the room and land on Gwen.

Evan eyes widen, his face twist into feral rage as the loud rambling tantrum of Tomaz cuts the end of Burke's explanation, for a moment it seems as though he wants to tear the mortal apart.

Rolled 4d10 : 3, 4, 9, 5, total 21

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #323 on: January 11, 2011, 04:01:40 AM »
Burke jumps back a little, despite himself, when he sees the prince's face change so drastically. He takes one big step back towards the table and stands back, letting events run their course, surprise evident on his face.

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #324 on: January 11, 2011, 04:04:40 AM »
The Prince manages to control himself, the rage that was eched on his face a moment ago is restraind and gone , his hands remained clenched in fists as he pauses looking at the mortal for a moment longer before recomposing himself.

"Do what you will with him but know that the tradition of accounting still applies even to ghouls" Evan's voice is cold and you may notice he still hides that unexplained rage behind the mask of his blank expression.

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #325 on: January 11, 2011, 04:15:46 AM »
Burke nods.
"I understand. And thank you."
His voice is respectful, calming, and has a softness to it that it does not usually have. Burke is eager to stop being the focus of the prince's attention when he is like this.

He walks over to the man who now lies on the floor with a bruise growing on his head, and bite marks still apparent on his wrist, and crouches down.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Rolled 6d10>5 : 1, 5, 8, 9, 5, 10, total 27

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #326 on: January 11, 2011, 04:22:48 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Tomaz and Sherie are now both under the effect of his awe.

"Sir. Sir... Can you hear me?"
His voice cuts through the haze, clearly, distinctly, making you feel as though you want to answer. The compulsion is strong, but not irresistibly so.
"Look, I want to help you, but I need you to focus for me. Can you do that? Some weird shit is going down here, and I want to help you make some sense of it."

If you choose to look, a young, tall, wiry man who exudes confidence is crouched over you. His expression is concerned, and his face is kind, willing to help, trustworthy. His voice is a soothing baritone that you suspect has charmed many a woman in his day, and it even has a calming effect on you. Something about his personality, or maybe just the strange supernatural draw you feel towards him makes you feel like the two of you are alike in many ways, except he is all confidence, all suave, whereas you happen to be lying in a pool of your own bodily discharges. Still, he gently touches your shoulder and helps you roll over onto your side so you can't swallow your tongue, just in case.

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #327 on: January 11, 2011, 11:27:08 PM »
Burke turns to Sherie, sighing quietly and speaking in a hushed tone, so that only Sherie can hear him, and possibly gary can make out a tiny bit.
"When I give you the signal, bite him again. His shoulder is clear of vomit still, though if we keep this up we'll run out of clean parts." A smile flutters on the edge of his mouth, but is quickly weighed down by the immensity of the responsibility he is about to undertake.
"It's the only way to save this man's life. You don't have to drink any of his blood, just keep him in a haze while I make him drink some of mine."

He turns back to the man, and in an almost fatherly way, Burke lets his hand rest on the prostrate man's shoulder, sighing softly once again.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 11:44:46 PM by Malavis »

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
  • Reputation: +881/-7
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #328 on: January 12, 2011, 04:04:59 AM »
Sherie cocks her head, listening to Burke, but she keeps her eyes on the pathetic creature before them.  She wrestles for a moment about whether or not this is really in anybody's best interest.  After an almost imperceptible delay, she makes up her mind to help Burke.  She reaches out to Thomaz...

Spoiler for Hiden:
Unless Az wants to relent, this will probably lead to a combat round or two.  What do you want to do, Az?
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #329 on: January 12, 2011, 04:40:08 AM »
Burke nods his sincere thanks to Sherie, the aura of his personality washing over her with his gratitude. With a flash of white hot agony that causes his beast to rattle against its cage somewhere deep within him, burke slashes the base of his wrist with his fang, letting the blood pool in his cupped hand.
Leaving room for Sherie to bite down, he holds his cupped hand down over the man's face.
"Listen to me. You're really high right now, and this trip is starting to go really fuckin' badly for you. If you want it to turn around, drink this. I'm serious man, best sobering-up drink known to man. May smell a little funny, But trust me, that's just the high talking. It's an old herbal remedy. Here, drink this."

"Yeah, that seems like it could make sense"- something inside you says-- Burke's personality helps wash away any of the doubts you might have, makes your drugged mind more amicable to the idea of drinking from another man's cupped hand.

Burke holds his hand out, hoping that the man chooses the easy way, instead of the hard way. This time he focuses the strength of his personality in the way he had been doing inadvertently earlier. Though no one else in the room feels drastically affected by it, the power coming off of him is suprising.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal