collapse

* Notice

Important notice: On 28th December 2019 we moved to a new server. Please let us know if you run into any issues.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: IC -Post Intro-  (Read 22815 times)

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
  • Reputation: +881/-7
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #300 on: January 09, 2011, 12:16:42 AM »
Taking Burke's advice, she grasps the man's right arm and raises his wrist to her mouth.  Without pausing to let herself doubt that this is happening, she sinks her teeth into the warm flesh.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I don't actually know exactly what her blood pool is right now, but I'll roll just in case.
Rolled 3d10 : 7, 10, 7, total 24

LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
  • Reputation: +881/-7
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #301 on: January 09, 2011, 12:21:25 AM »
Closing her eyes, she savors the new sensation for a few seconds.  The man didn't seem to be in the best shape from the start, so Sherie forces herself to stop before she hurts him too badly.  She swallows hard and then runs her tongue over her lips, careful not to make a mess.  A single drop of blood bubbles from where her teeth pierced his arm, and she instinctually licks them up.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Given her apparent success in controlling her hunger, I'm thinking that she took a single blood point before stopping herself.
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Azrael

  • Apathetic Toreador
  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 266
  • Reputation: +308/-0
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #302 on: January 09, 2011, 01:02:18 AM »
Tomaz floats on a cloud of sunshine and puppies and silvery happiness. As he soars over chocolate oceans and mountains of barbecue pork ribs, he feels a sharp pain in his wrist. Suddenly the clouds are gone, the food as well. He it atop a hill, laying on a wooden plank. A metal spike holds his wrist to the wood, a hammer lays near by. He senses menacing presences all around him. This is Golgotha. He's being crucified.

He wakes up, screaming.
- az

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #303 on: January 09, 2011, 02:42:19 AM »
Burke's chin rests against his hand as he looks at the Chronicles of Alistair absently. His eyes slide down the page, then back up, as Sherie feeds, absorbing very little of the information contained within. His eyes begin to loll downwards, almost as if he is dozing off or having trouble focusing. When Tomaz screams, Burke snaps back to awareness, suprised for a moment that his heart does not race as it normally would. He focuses on the man, eyes lazily taking in the woman and the man curled up on the floor together, and the man's incomprehensible screaming.

"Hey, how did you close those?"
He points a slightly wobbly hand to the now-sealed bite marks that sherie made, and the deep holes that Gabriel's own fangs had made.
"Weird."
He sighs and watches Tomaz ambivalently as he writhes on the floor screaming.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I believe our mortal friend is now at 6bp.

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
  • Reputation: +881/-7
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #304 on: January 09, 2011, 06:58:35 PM »
At first she is confused by Burke's question, but she follows his gaze down to the man's arm.  She raises her eyebrows in surprise, but she is interrupted by the delirious man's shouting.

Spoiler for Hiden:
And FWIW, she isn't Giovanni or any kind of other character with their flaw.  That is, her bite is actually pretty pleasureable to humans...not painful.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 07:00:58 PM by _username »
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #305 on: January 10, 2011, 09:28:46 AM »
Burke looks groggily at the prince, blinking more often as he attempts to fight down the haze. He taps one finger on the chronicles of Alistair.
"So in your estimation, how much of this book can be taken as gospel, and how much is literary license?"

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #306 on: January 10, 2011, 01:17:09 PM »
The Prince seems troubled at the sight of the screaming youngster
"Gospel, I doubt it though there are definitly some truths in there"

Spoiler for Hiden:
OOC: Skyra is correct about the Vampire's bite when feeding.

Still the effects of pyschotropic drugs like LSD can cause hallucinations and mess up the sensory input the brain which can make one hallucinate of things they would not normally be aware of like life being drained away along the numbing pleasure and other nightmares that can easily scar a person's mind.
Still keep in mind that this rational is not an excuse to needlessly exaggurate and overuse this aspect in the circuimstances
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 05:14:30 PM by Radical21 »

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #307 on: January 10, 2011, 04:25:27 PM »
Something tugs at the edge of Burke's shell-shocked mind, a feeling of being troubled by this man on the floor. Almost as if snapping him out of a spell, Burke suddenly looks down at the man on the floor, seeing him as a person for the first time since he began to feed. Anxiously, he shifts in his chair, looking for cues from the prince as to what to do, some instinctual part of him recognizing the connection that exists there.

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #308 on: January 10, 2011, 09:23:59 PM »
Gary suddenly snaps out of his buzz at the sound of screaming, straightening his pose. He nervously shuffles over to the man thats being fed on, keeping at least 3 steps distance, unwilling to get any closer. He starts pacing back and forth, switching between averting his gaze and staring at the screaming junky. He then switches his gaze to the prince, asking almost desperately "You're not having us kill him, are you??"

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #309 on: January 10, 2011, 10:33:12 PM »
Panic flashes briefly across Burke's face, and he looks as though he might speak. Instead he starts rubbing his temples, as though a sudden headache has overtaken him.

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #310 on: January 10, 2011, 11:56:51 PM »
The Prince keeps an indifferent blank expression as he glares at the mortal. He pauses for a moment as if Gary's question distracts him or was something he has not yet decided.

"And if I did would you kill him?"  his tone is disturbingly calm and casual for one who talks about murder, "Would you trust him to keep our exsistance a secret?" He turns to look coldly at Gary and Burke from the corner of his eye to see their response.
"Of course I would regret if it will have to come to that, I assure you I have no desire to bring harm to this human but what other choice would you see in this situation" his tone and expression returns to be sensible and understanding.


Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #311 on: January 11, 2011, 12:01:04 AM »
Burke almost cries out when the prince suggests murder. His expression becomes fearful, even manic.
When the prince finishes his statement, he immediately cries out:
"Embrace him! Embrace him and let the responsibility of the sire lie in the hands of the woman who put him in this situation. The tradition of the accounting would be fulfilled, as would the masquerade. Plus, no one has to die. Also, you get to see that the woman is duly warned for breaching the masquerade in such a way."
Here Burke checks to make sure the man is insensate. Confident that he is, he lowers his voice a bit.
"Lastly, we can use him as fodder or as bait for finding our sires, and we can all be turned to a constructive purpose."

Spoiler for Hiden:
The prince likely feels Burke's personality (awe) begin to pull at him for a half  second, but it is reigned in almost as soon as it comes to the fore. Burke looks as though he is admonishing himself internally over something.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:04:03 AM by Malavis »

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #312 on: January 11, 2011, 01:02:23 AM »
A hind of amusement can be seen on the prince's lips for a moment as he listens to Gabriel's plea

"Hmm, The Woman? ,you must mean Cat but she has not broken the masquerade. the masquerade was broken in this very room sealed by the indescreet feeding that made this lesson to an unfortunate end for this human.."

Evan's hand clasp his chin in thought as he looks grimly at Burke poundering  "But you drive a compelling argument and You do seem to have a very basic understanding of the traditions ... but know that You alone would be responisable for him ,Gabriel, if you choose to undertake this burden, then you will have to guide him and be subject to the tradition of accounting should he fail." He looks down at the the totally baked human.


Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
  • Reputation: +558/-22
    • Aydoodle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #313 on: January 11, 2011, 01:26:20 AM »
Gwendolyn sitting next to the door lets out a prolonged and audible sigh breaking herself out of the fugue and self-loathing she was feeling a moment ago but unable to be arsed to move from the spot at the moment.

"All this damn noise. Next time you are all going to do something like that just gag him for fuck sakes," she says seeming irate while staring at Tomaz. "And he's made such a mess. Is it always this.. disgusting?"

She rubs her forehead for a moment with the three middle fingers on her right hand trying to ease the annoyance.

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC -Post Intro-
« Reply #314 on: January 11, 2011, 01:35:37 AM »
Burke seems to be weighing his options very carefully. he rubs his chin, looking down at the mortal. He turns back to the prince with an evident decision clear in his eyes. A sigh breaks him from his intended course, and suddenly he sees Gwen over by the door and almost jumps straight up in the air. Nervousness, indecision, and frustration war on his features.

"You were hidden this whole time??? We wondered where you'd gone..."

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal