collapse

Author Topic: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony  (Read 13187 times)

Offline Azrael

• Apathetic Toreador
  • Methuselah
Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
« Reply #150 on: August 19, 2011, 07:43:17 AM »
Tomaz walks back into the room after all of these delightful plans have been made, laughing. He's shaky and seems a bit punch-drunk, probably due to how hungry he is.

"Hey, yeah, so, forget all of that. There's a car coming to pick us up. It'll be here any minute. You-"

He turns to Adrian and hands him a piece of paper.

"Got the address of a mechanic for you. Good rates, hush hush kind of business. Should take care of your car's new... eccentricities."

He looks at Abby and smiles. "Ever ridden in a limousine?"

- az

Offline Voidshaper

• Ancillus
« Reply #151 on: August 19, 2011, 09:07:26 AM »
Abigail watches as Tomaz emerges from the bathroom, his 'business' finally done. She furrows her brow at the mention of a limousine at first, not seeming to understand. Then she shakes her head. Even if she could have afforded it, what occasion would she possibly have to use one?

Offline Azrael

• Apathetic Toreador
  • Methuselah
« Reply #152 on: August 19, 2011, 09:19:29 AM »
Tomaz's smile widens as Abby shakes her head.

"Well then tonight's your lucky night. I hope they bring drinks. I'm seriously thirsty..."

He looks at Burke. "We'll go to my hotel first. I need a shower and a change like WHOA. Then we can go to the insane asylum or whatever you said."
- az

Offline Malavis

• Antediluvian
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
« Reply #153 on: August 19, 2011, 09:23:48 AM »
Burke takes his phone back from Tomaz, raising an eyebrow.

"Good work."

After hearing his comments, he furrows his brow a little.

"Insane asylum? You mean... My house?"

The responsibility he now holds is clearly beginning to weigh on Burke, and he is becoming less and less friendly to pointless banter as the night wears on.

Offline Azrael

• Apathetic Toreador
  • Methuselah
« Reply #154 on: August 19, 2011, 09:32:28 AM »
"You have a house? I don't know, that PLACE you said. It sounded like you said Asylum, which is like, uh, ok, but it seemed important."
- az

Offline Malavis

• Antediluvian
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
« Reply #155 on: August 19, 2011, 10:02:44 AM »
Burke furrows his brow a little, looking as though he might respond- but then doesn't. He walks around the hotel room, putting things back in order, then wets a towel and wipes it over all of the flat surfaces in the room while they wait for the car.

"Fingerprints." he says as he goes.

Offline Azrael

• Apathetic Toreador
  • Methuselah
« Reply #156 on: August 19, 2011, 10:15:37 AM »
Tomaz shrugs at Burkes aversion to banter. Some people.

He walks over to the bed and throws himself onto it, lounging.

"Oh Burke, you got a text while I was using your moblie."
- az

Offline Malavis

• Antediluvian
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
« Reply #157 on: August 19, 2011, 10:17:30 AM »
Burke looks surprised- That was my backup line... For shadier stuff. Not many people have that number.

Burke opens the phone and looks at the text.

Offline Malavis

• Antediluvian
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
« Reply #158 on: August 19, 2011, 10:21:26 AM »
Burke reads the text and then looks up.

"It's good news for once. A friend of mine offering assistance. I'm going to tell him yes- I can use all the help I can get."

Offline Friktion

• Methuselah
« Reply #159 on: August 19, 2011, 05:41:55 PM »
"Thanks buddy." Adrian pockets the slip of paper with the mechanics address and phone number.

"So do you guys still need my car or no?"  Adrian looks at his watch and at the door, a little impatiently.

Offline Malavis

• Antediluvian
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
« Reply #160 on: August 22, 2011, 05:45:26 AM »
Burke looks at him, extending his arm to hand the keys back to Adrian.

"No, I suppose we don't need it. I'll cover the cost of the damages though. Let me know how much it cost and I'll reimburse you. Also, if you want to arrive at Elysium at the same time, I could help you make a good impression. Up to you."

Offline Friktion

• Methuselah
« Reply #161 on: August 22, 2011, 06:20:47 PM »
Adrian pockets his keys.

"Yeah that'll be great.  I'll give you a call when I'm on my way.  We need to be there at midnight right?" he glances as his watch, "it looks like we have plenty of time."

"I'll probably show up a little bit early, just in case."

Adrian makes his way to the door opens it then pauses as if he forgot something.  He looks back over his shoulder, "don't do anything stupid." He winks at Abigail.

Without further hesitation, Adrian walks out of the room and heads to the restaurant to find Shirly.

Offline Voidshaper

• Ancillus
« Reply #162 on: August 22, 2011, 07:13:41 PM »
Abigail twitches reflexively at Adrian's condescending tone as he is leaving, her lips parting open as if she could possibly defend herself. Gaping like a fish while he makes his grand exit, she collects herself and stares icily at the closed door where he stood moments before.

He could have been joking with that wink, she wonders. Somehow it only strengthened her dislike of the man.

Tightening her jaw and making a low gurgling sound in her throat which might pass for a growl, Abigail stalks over to Tomaz - her straw-colored hair bouncing on her shoulders - and wrenches the pad of paper and pen from him, avoiding his glance. Scribbling something with tense strokes on the page, she marches over to Burke and holds it up in front of his face like an officer might display his badge.

I'm taking the bike. Where are the keys and helmet?

Offline Malavis

• Antediluvian
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2011, 10:45:04 PM »
Burke reads the note, his expression softening. He looks at her with understanding, as though he understands completely- in fact, likely feels just as fed up with this whole thing as she does. He nods, and glances to Gwen.

"Gwen, please give Abigail the keys to the bike- you had them last. I don't believe there ever was a helmet, was there?"

Burke then turns back to Abigail. For a moment, it seems almost as though Burke is checking her out, but after a moment it becomes clear he is appraising her height and build.

"How tall are you- 5'5" maybe? I've got some clothes back at home that might well fit you, if you feel like a change. The owner isn't using them currently, and they're just hanging in my closet..." Burke trails off, a tiny bit of sadness creeping into his facial features. when he meets her eyes again, his expression is devoid of emotion. "Might be nice for us all to show up looking our best at this Elysium. Up to you though, Abby." Burke smiles warmly, kindness working its way into his face and his voice as he talks.

Offline Aydoo

• Antediluvian
    • Aydoodle
« Reply #164 on: August 23, 2011, 04:08:09 AM »
"Keys?"

She feigns checking on her person even though there would be very few places to hide keys.

"Oh right. Its a kickstart. You know how to use one of those?"

She waits not very long then explains anyway.

"Hold the brake, throttle the gas, push down on the lever with your foot quite hard, and eventually it'll start."

She ponders again.

"Your head should be hard enough, there was no extra protection."

She seems really distant only going through the motions of her own actions.