collapse

Author Topic: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony  (Read 13544 times)

Offline Azrael

  • Apathetic Toreador
  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 266
"Foda-se! Merda! Bisavô, que porra!? Onde ..."

Tomaz looks up at Burke.

"...Oh. Oh...SHIT."

He looks down at himself, then at the others. He looks from person to person, then at his surroundings, taking it all in, before looking back at Burke. 

"I saw, I was, and you, and then...Burke...what HAPPENED last night?"
- az

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Concern and relief war on the man's face. His expression tips his hand that things did not go well. In spite of this, Burke looks as though he has never been happier to see another human being in his life.

"We were attacked at dusk. She slashed you, and you were bleeding to death. I couldn't just let you die..." Burke trails off and pauses for a moment.
"So... I made you one of us. I'm sorry, Tomaz. There was no other way to keep you alive. We restrained you because I've heard that the embrace can sometimes be... Violent. Adrian has gone to get you something to eat, but until then, I hope you'll just remain calm and talk with me. Once you've fed, we'll let you go. Sound alright? It's not that we don't trust you... It's just that our own embraces were... harrowing. I'd save you that if I can."

Burke smiles, almost paternally. True, genuine relief shows on his face.

Offline Azrael

  • Apathetic Toreador
  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 266
Tomaz looks at Burke thoughtfully, strained and drained but beginning to calm down. There's clearly a long story buried in there somewhere...

Tomaz licks his lips.

"I could use a drink..." as soon as the words are out of his mouth, they resonate though his entire conciousness like a tuning fork.

"Burke, I could REALLY use a drink."
- az

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
After a couple of minutes, the sound of rushing water inside the bathroom stops. Following a couple of thuds and some other noise no one can really place, a loud scream suddenly erupts from the bathroom.

Followed by a string of foul language that would make a truck driver cover his ears in shame.

Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
    • Aydoodle
Gwendolyn winces, falling back and covering her ears for a moment, then stands up rubbing her head. She looks around the room, noticing Tomaz, and shakes her head.

"Oh! Welcome back."

She goes back to the window and resumes watch.

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
Spoiler for Hiden:
Conscience: [blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 2, 4, 9, total 15[/blockquote]

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
Abigail wasn't the praying sort, but seeing Tomaz revive was about on par with miracle-working in her range of surprise. And if she were the praying sort, it might have gone a little something like:

Holy shit, I can't believe that just fucking worked.

She felt her shoulders lighten, and her fingers twitch. Tomaz's blood still stained her jeans where she had hastily wiped it after eviscerating the woman - Tomaz caught in the crossfire, no doubt grazed by those...those fucking claws. It might even have been the killing blow... She hadn't wanted to consider it, but seeing him there on the ground with Burke, innocent as a newborn babe, confused...

Abigail turns away, clenching her jaw.

And then the man called Gary cried bloody murder from the bathroom. Unable to bear looking at Tomaz right now - in fact she'd rather be anywhere else - she stalks off angrily towards the bathroom, grabbing the handle tight and pulling with all her weight, too pissed off to care about room service, or the disgusting monster beyond.

She deserved to be locked up with worse monsters than Gary.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Strength roll to rip the bathroom door open (Gary had locked it): [blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 1, 10, 1, total 12[/blockquote]

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Burke puts his hand on the man's arm to calm him, to let him know again that he is safe.

"Adrian has gone to get you a drink. Just be calm for now, Tomaz. Very soon now. Just focus on keeping yourself calm."

Spoiler for Hiden:
Charisma+Empathy to soothe the man. (reduced diff due to enchanting voice, determined by ST.) [blockquote]Rolled 7d10 : 9, 6, 1, 5, 3, 5, 10, total 39[/blockquote]

Burke stares at the hotel room door, wishing Adrian would hurry the hell up.
When Abigail begins to get anxious, Burke watches her warily, though she does not occupy much of his thought process. He attempts to split his attention between the two developing threats in the room.

"Are you alright, Abigail?" His expression is one of genuine concern, though Burke's face has been knotted with worry since he sat down on the bed, so it is difficult to tell exactly what Gabriel is feeling.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 02:16:09 AM by Malavis »

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
Attempting to rip the Bathroom's door apart , pulling it with a swift motion with all her weight and might, Abby's hand slip off the sturdy handle and she Flys backwards, A surprise landing on the stained Carpet , her head right next to Tomaz's.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Frenzy Roll for Tomaz since its seems very appropriate
[blockquote]Rolled 5d10 : 10, 3, 6, 2, 10, total 31[/blockquote]

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
RETCON
Spoiler for Hiden:
I can't modify the above post or lose the charisma roll that I made, so please refer to that for the roll itself, otherwise, disregard that post and read this one. Thanks! :)

"Shit!" Burke exclaims as Abigail tumbles back and into biting distance. Thinking quickly, Burke grabs some of the TV cords that bind the man and attempts to haul the man bodily out of range.

[blockquote]Rolled 2d10 : 8, 5, total 13[/blockquote]

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Pulling Tomaz out of range, Burke pants for a moment from the exertion and then looks to Abigail.

"You alright?"

Burke puts his hand on Tomaz's arm to calm him, to let him know again that he is safe.

"I'm sorry I had to do that. I didn't want you doing something you'd regret. Listen to me, alright? Adrian has gone to get you a drink. Just be calm for now, Tomaz. Very soon now. Just focus on keeping yourself calm. You don't have to breathe anymore, but do it for now so you can stay focused, alright? Just breathe."
His voice is soothing, relaxing, trying to quiet the beast that he knows is rolling inside Tomaz at this very moment.
I was able to keep control the whole time... Let him do so as well. Let ONE thing go right tonight.

Burke looks to Abigail again, his expression is one of genuine concern, though Burke's face has been knotted with worry since he sat down on the bed, so it is difficult to tell exactly what Gabriel is feeling.
Spoiler for Hiden:
See above post for that somewhat mediocre (But successful) Charisma roll to help Calm Tomaz.

Offline Azrael

  • Apathetic Toreador
  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 266
Tomaz looks hazily up at Burke. The bemused twinkle is gone from his eye and all joviality has fallen away in the intensity of his current situation. He focuses on the breathing he knows is no longer necessary and concentrates. The mute's aggressive rag-doll antics, the rotting man in the shower's disturbing noises, the crazy chick's insane babbling, even Burkes comforting cooing; all of it fades away until Tomaz is alone with his breathing and his thoughts.

Ok. Inventory. I'm in a new Motel room. We've moved. I was being attacked by that sexy chick with the heroin and then... black. Then.... Bisavô? That was a dream. But it was...what did he say to me? I'll be fine. And Burke said...what he said. I'm a  dra- vampire, now as well. Ok. Neat. Alright. Breathe. What else. Burke's here, he...made me. But he wouldn't before. I guess I was dead then. Well that was nice of him. Ok. So, what?

He looks down at his clothes.

I stink. A change would be nice. I'll have to get back to the hotel. These others....

He looks around the room, allowing himself to notice the others.

The rotter is harmless, a whiner and more caught up in his own problems than anything else. No threat. The Crazy chick is...crazy, but crazy can be controlled if handled properly. The mute's arrival was timely, I don't know what to make of that. But Burke seems to like her, and he's proven himself a trustworthy sort and reliable, at least for now. I like him and I'll need him to sort out this new...situation. Adrian is getting me a drink...a person I assume, since this lot drinks blood...and me too now. His arrival was more timely still, and he's been ever so nonchalant about things. I don't like it. He bears scrutinizing, but for now he's gone. No matter; no one in here is a threat. Relax...where's the dog whisperer? I sent them to Shepard's...could she still be there? Why are they back? I must've been out for a whole day...I need....

He snaps out of his concentrations. "Gabriel, I'm feeling slightly better now, apart from being newly deceased. Could you reach into my pocket and get me a cigarettes?" He wiggles a bit in his bonds. "And, oh, I don't know, cut me loose?"
- az

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
One second she was ready to rip that fucking door down, and the next she was here...on her back. And his eyes. She looked straight into those eyes.

For what could have passed for a heartbeat, if anybody in the room had one, Tomaz could see drying red streaks down Abigail's face, from eyes that look scared and guilty. It mixed with the rest of the smears covering her face, only giving itself away by its still-vibrant scarlet.

As quick as the moment comes, Abigail is scampering back across the floor, slamming her back into the TV stand, causing it to rock from the force and nearly topples the unit. Her eyes dart between Tomaz, Burke, and the bathroom door.

Fucking hell.

She rubs her jacket cuff across her face, smearing the fresh blood into the backdrop of carnage still spelled upon her.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 08:22:54 AM by Voidshaper »

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
Gary steps out of the bathroom, thankfully fully dressed, his clothes though a little damp are a lot cleaner now then they were before....however, something seems off, or different, about him.

Gary looks around the hotel room, his frustration clearly visible. An awkward silence decents before he suddenly bursts into very aggravated speech. "After all these bloody years it's finally happend. I'M BALD. I dont fucking believe this..."

You all notice now, the balding patch of hair that used to be there is completely gone now. Gary rubs his eyes, mumbling incomprehensibly. Upon closer inspection, it's also quite clear that the shower didn't do his skin any favours either, everything looks red and agitated, a bit like how he's feeling right now.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 01:28:31 PM by Isador »

Offline Friktion

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 327
Holding the cleaning supplies uncomfortably in one hand, Adrian boldly knocks on the door.  "Housekeeping!" He announces in a high pitched squeak.