PlanetVampire.com Forum

PNP Roleplay => Canadian Motorcycle Assassin Circus by Night => Interactive Story Board => In Character Scenes => Topic started by: Radical21 on July 14, 2011, 07:56:01 PM

Title: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Radical21 on July 14, 2011, 07:56:01 PM
Not sure if anyone else is following this but just in case, just in case they do, This is a followup of the Secret(hidden for now) topics:
IC-1.3 Night 3-  A Window to the South.
And
IC- 1.3 Night 3 - Shepard and Sheep.

(The Titles are mostly random).


(http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7894/room2uo.jpg)

Motel Room 10 , 3rd floor 21:00PM...

Gwen and Burke enter the messy room, followed by Gary who enters shortly after talking to Burke about showers.
The room is still dusty, lit by the faint light of the ceiling's 60w lamp that needs replacing and there is a large amount of spilled blood soaked into the indigo colored carpet floor at the center of the room near the foot of the double bed where Tomaz lies, he looks unconsious and somewhat more pale looking than Gary or Gwen remember.

Tomaz seems to be tied up using a cable to what appears to be a cut off long aluminium shower rod that runs behind his back, restraining his arms and legs awkwardly like a pig on a spit., the Blanket sheets removed from the bed are torn, tying the shower pole between the front legs of the bed, hopefully restraining the soon to be awakened dead man.

The Two Red Maple leaf stamped Pillows thrown about and the bloodstaining the carpet and blanket as well as what looks like a pile of ash and bone fragments imply of the struggle that went in there

Abigail Stands next to Tomaz, towering above him, looking at her cellphone.

Gary , Gwen and Burke may notice that Adrian is no where in sight.

Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Isador on July 14, 2011, 08:33:17 PM
As Gary enters the hotel room the first thing his eyes fix on is the door leading to what has to be the bathroom. Gary eagerly rubs his hands together (unintenionally causing some of the skin on his hands to peel off and fall to the ground) and begins walking towards the door. Right before he puts his hand on the doorknob however, he sees Abigail. "Ah, you must be...argh" Gary rubs his forehead with finger and thumb like he just realised something, before continiouing, "A cat came up to me and told me you need to meet up at the "machine making place" tommorow at nightfall. Dont ask." He waves his hand dismissively before quickly heading into the bathroom.

Gary would've been an elderly man in life, though at this point it's extremely hard to tell exacly how old. He's wearing an old, tattered business suit that's been through just as much as the guy wearing it with fake leather shoes. His hair's black, though he's obviously balding. Most of his skin is red , covered in bumbs or sores and peeling. Especially his arms show signs of him having been scratching immensely. His eyes are sunken, the white of his eyes have begun to take a yellow sheen. His walking shows his back is somewhat hunched over.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Voidshaper on July 14, 2011, 09:11:30 PM
For the benefit of Gary and Gwen, who haven't seen Abigail yet: As you come into the room you see a young woman in a faded but otherwise clean-cut leather jacket. Her blonde hair falls down to her shoulders in golden curls, and despite the bloodstains on her clothes and in her hair, you are well aware of her beauty (Appearance 4).
(http://natewinchester.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/ruby.jpg)

Abigail stands nonchalantly above Tomaz's hogtied corpse with a cheap flip-phone in her hand, a black dangling cord connecting it to the wall somewhere behind the nightstand of the bed. When she hears the door opening, she coils reflexively to place her left side forward, dropping her right arm to her waist, a hidden fist clenched and ready.

When she sees Gabriel step into the room she relaxes for just a second, and almost shoots him a grin, thinking about her handiwork with his little pet. But he is followed. Abigail tenses again as Burke emerges into the room to reveal some hipster chick, and a...a - what the fuck was that? She furrows her brow in confusion as the pair enters the room. Jesus, that is one fucked up suit. Are these the others Burke and Adrian had talked about? Or was this some new shit, to deal with what had happened...

The fucked-up suit walks past her toward the bathroom, just-as-he-please, before turning around to give her a message. Startled, the confusion drops from her face like a mask. She looks at the man appraisingly - into his dead, piss-stained eyes; a hint of what could almost be compassion were it not surrounded by dried blood smears and deep red stains. She nods at the man.

The moment passes though, and Abigail turns again toward Burke - an impatient, imploring look on her face.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Aydoo on July 14, 2011, 09:52:25 PM
Gwendolyn walks in hanging off Burke's arm as if they were almost a couple, almost but not quite. As they enter the room, she pushes off and heads for the window, staring out of it for awhile. She doesn't pay the blonde much heed nor the other man; more concerned to keep looking outside for the time being. Shes relatively attractive [Appearance 3] with a tomboyish haircut, that has been mussed and half ass attempted to be fixed recently. Unlike the others her clothes are in much better shape except for her shoes; sneakers that have seen better days, are scuffed and some what dirty.

(http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/1557183567/1/tumblr_lbsvsqWKkT1qejrac)
(http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7143mUBZQko/S4FfNbv_ckI/AAAAAAAAAmQ/QWYfOP0IldM/s400/tie+dye+dress.jpg)
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Isador on July 14, 2011, 10:09:54 PM
Gary walks into the bathroom and locks the door behind him. Soon afterwards, the sound of rushing water can be heard.

For everyone's benefit i will not discribe this scene in detail
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 14, 2011, 10:35:22 PM
Burke walks in the door with gwen on his arm, and cannot help but grin when he sees Tomaz hog-tied on the floor.
His eyes sparkle with mirth as he looks over at Abigail, releasing Gwen's arm as she heads over to the window.


"A T.V. cable, huh? Very creative. I take it he hasn't... Woken up yet?"

Burke's eyes go from smiling to being laced with concern.
"I don't think it's supposed to take this long... In any case, thanks very much for watching him for me. I wanted to make sure we all got back together, as something or someone clearly wants us dead."
Burke watches Gary go into the bathroom with a slight raise of his eyebrow. When he hears the water running, he scrunches up his face in disgust a little.
"Something tells me he's going to leave as much of himself in that shower as he takes out. I was contemplating having one... But now, no go. I think I'm going to take a cab back home at some point, get a change of clothes and a shower or something."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Aydoo on July 14, 2011, 10:38:47 PM
Gwendolyn turns for a moment, just to interject.

"Er. Dead-er."

Then goes back to glaring out the window grinning to herself.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 14, 2011, 10:42:38 PM
Burke concedes the point with a conciliatory incline of his head.

"Dead-er."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Voidshaper on July 14, 2011, 10:58:09 PM
Abigail glances down to her phone. 25% battery remaining. That would have to do for now. She unplugs the cord, and gathers it from behind the nightstand, shoving it into the satchel hanging by her hip.

She walks over to Burke and slides in beside him, holding her phone out in front of them to display the text message she had received. She scans the message again, peering over his shoulder.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 14, 2011, 11:12:47 PM
Burke nods grimly and holds up his own phone to show her, saying nothing: This one is the same as yours but with a request to ensure the others attend as well.

"Do you have a car, Abigail?"

Burke pauses for a moment, awaiting her reply, and then rubs his eyes as though they are causing him great discomfort.

"Also, I'm being very rude. Abigail, this is Gwen, an associate of mine. The one who just went into the shower to molt is Gary. Gwen, this is Abigail."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Aydoo on July 14, 2011, 11:33:30 PM
Gwendolyn slowly turns, with a twitch, then a smile.

"Hi."

"Nice to meet you."

"Don't say much do you?"

"Really into that phone are you?"

"I never really understood the whole appeal of the smart phones myself."

She then glares awhile, smiling, quite creepily, waiting for a reply that will no doubtedly never come.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 14, 2011, 11:41:45 PM
Burke blinks, obviously trying his best not to seem unnerved by the interaction going on in front of him. The dichotomy of a MASSIVE amount of words coupled with so much silence sends a chill up his spine for reasons he can't fully comprehend.

Burke lets the silence linger a moment longer, trying to figure out if Abigail would consider it rude for him to answer a question so clearly posed to her.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Voidshaper on July 15, 2011, 12:05:43 AM
Abigail stands there beside Burke, blinking. This woman must be off her meds. Not that being on them would do anything, she wonders, remembering Burke's conversation with Tomaz. God help us all, she sarcastically prays to her sanity, and her patience.

Hesitantly, as if reaching out to touch a burn victim or petting a great white shark, Abigail raises her hand into a terse wave, letting it linger in the air a moment along with the silence it symbolized.

Returning her attention to her phone, her fingers flash across the keypad and she raises it so Burke can see.

No car. Sry.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Aydoo on July 15, 2011, 12:08:51 AM
"Oh."

"You can't talk?"

"Do you know sign language?"

"What was it again?"

"Hmm.."

She starts making a variety of signs, some half right, some way off base and senseless, others that seem like they should be from baseball or in a gang. Afterwards, she stands there expecting to have done a good job, smiling and waiting.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 15, 2011, 12:12:00 AM
Burke rubs the bridge of his nose, as though he is used to there being glasses there, but is distracted by his burning eyes- so he rubs those instead. The look on his face as he turns to look at the two is one of weariness.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Voidshaper on July 15, 2011, 12:20:37 AM
Abigail raises an eyebrow at Gwen's attempt at sign language, not sure if she is trying to be sincere or a mocking bitch. Putting her phone in her pocket, she gestures in return. Her hands are a fluid tanglement of symbols and actions.

On the off chance somebody DOES understand sign language, Abby signs: No, I can't fucking talk, what does it look like? I swear to christ if you don't get this and you're just fucking with me I'm going to hit you.

Abigail's hands fall to her side after the motions, and she is still. Her eyes glare forward at Gwen.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 15, 2011, 12:29:41 AM
Burke gets nothing out of the sign language, but attempts to read her intent from her motions and her facial expression, wondering if what she did to the pile of ash on the floor, if he is about to witness another gutting...
Per+Emp [blockquote]Rolled 6d10 : 5, 8, 10, 7, 6, 6, total 42[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 15, 2011, 12:33:31 AM
Gabriel clearly reads that she is trying to figure out whether gwen is taunting her, and that, if she is, Abby is not going to behave amicably. He puts a hand on her shoulder softly to calm her, and turns to Gwen.

"I have not heard her speak since we met. It's quite alright. She is very capable in other regards." Burke's eyes are pleading, imploring Gwen to stop poking the bear with a stick.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Aydoo on July 15, 2011, 12:37:40 AM
Int + Linguistics[blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 10, 1, 2, total 13[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Aydoo on July 15, 2011, 12:39:04 AM
"Yes yes I do like games, what about you?"

She turns to Burke smiling.

"I like her shes funny."

Then replies to his comment about her.

"Kay."

Turning back towards the window looking outside again.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 15, 2011, 12:43:40 AM
The tension goes out of Burke's shoulders as the danger fades, and the slight increase in grip that Burke had put on abigail's shoulder fades. He lets his hand rest for a moment longer and looks to her with an apology in his eyes, clearly relieved that Abigail didn't rip the girl apart.

He gives her a small nod, pats her lightly as he lets go of her shoulder, and then goes over to Tomaz. Burke pokes him lightly with a shoe before he sits down on the bed and puts his head in his hands.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Voidshaper on July 15, 2011, 12:48:40 AM
Abigail clenches her jaw when Gwen turns away, her fists balled up at her sides.

Self-Control: [blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 9, 7, 10, total 26[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Aydoo on July 15, 2011, 12:57:45 AM
Gwen stares intently out the window,
[HS on]
watching as everything goes by. She starts humming to herself which sounds surprisingly like a Katie Perry song, and listens acutely to the conversations in the room, and most likely Gary bitching in the shower. A few times she closes her eyes to concentrate more on the sounds of the world rather than the sights, and take in and process all the information she can about her surroundings.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 15, 2011, 01:00:19 AM
Burke's anxiety starts to return as he looks down at the body on the floor, now that he no longer has anything to distract himself with.

"This is taking too long. Did I do something wrong....?"
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Voidshaper on July 15, 2011, 01:05:44 AM
Abigail manages to relax herself at Burke's touch. Coming out of her rage, she gives Burke a sheepish glance, as if realizing how childish her actions had been. He seemed to have some kind of gift - a way of getting through to people. That's all it was.

She follows Burke over to Tomaz's corpse, ignoring the headcase at the window.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 15, 2011, 02:17:29 AM
Burke is lost in his own head as he stares at the man on the floor.
How can I want this man to die so badly, but be completely unable to bring harm to him? He should just die here on the floor. It will save him all of this torment...

He curses himself inwardly for his weakness and runs his hand through his short-cropped hair.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Radical21 on July 15, 2011, 04:27:21 PM
Tomaz remains Dormant on the floor , tied up his cheeks pressing down on the fibers of the soiled carpet, beneath the dried blood crusting against the paling skin of his neck area it seems as though the wounds slowly begins closing, animating in near quivering stillness.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 15, 2011, 07:57:28 PM
Burke looks up and begins to watch Tomaz carefully when he sees the man's wounds begin to knit. He looks on, fearful, hopeful.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Azrael on July 18, 2011, 02:28:30 AM
Tomaz stands alone in the foyer, smiling and breathing deeply of the cool mountain air coming through the windows.

He looks around at the interior of his Great-Grandfather's villa in Portugal.

His clothes are clean and mended, his hair combed. He accepts the new surroundings and attire with the ethereal disregard for logic inherent to dreams.

He walks over to the window and looks out. The sun is warm on his face. It isn't midday yet, but the vineyard is empty.
Strange. he thinks briefly, but before the thought can fully form it slips away like so much cloudstuff.

Tomaz looks back inside at the empty room.

"Oy! Bisavô? Onde estás?" Nobody answers.

Tomaz leaves the foyer and wanders into the kitchen. His Great-Grandfather Ben sits at the wooden table, cup of wine in hand and jug of more beside him on the floor. He smokes a hand-rolled cigarette and wears a fedora. His reading glasses sit on the tip of his nose. He glances up at Tomaz from his paperback copy of 'Balthazar and Blimunda' and smiles.

"Neto, bon dia. Como estás?" He motions with his chin for Tomaz to across from him. Tomaz does so.

"Good morning." Tomaz replies in Portuguese. He glances at the cup in the other man's hand. "Bit early for wine, don't you think?"

Ben smiles. "Never too early for good wine boy. Have some." He sets down his paperback, which is now 'The Importance of Being Earnest', and gets another glass from the cupboard. Tomaz finds a lit cigarette in his hand and takes a drag as Ben fills his glass from the jug, then sits back down.

Tomaz sits and scrutinizes his Great-Grandfather for a moment. "You look exactly like in the pictures Mother used to show me."

Ben scoffs good-naturedly. "And how else should I look?"

Tomaz shrugs.

Ben drags on his cigarette. "How is little Nonny these days?"

"Who, you mean Mom? She's good last I heard. Her and pop finally got that beach house. Been bugging me to visit for weeks now."

Ben nods thoughtfully. "You should visit them. It doesn't do to neglect your family, boy. You'll only have so much time with them."

Tomaz nods slowly. "Well I suppose you would know, being dead and all."

Ben laughs. "Yes I suppose I would. How's work?"

Tomaz drags on his cigarette and frowns. "Not so good. The studio is HOUNDING me to get going on this new project, citing contractual obligation, but I just...I want to do something...I don't know...REAL, you know? I want to make a real statement. I always promised myself I wouldn't lose myself in the shuffle and the cash and the parties and...Now I don't know. I've been trying so hard to live in the moment, that I think I may have missed it entirely."

Ben's eyes sparkle behind his glasses. "Seems to me you know exactly what needs doing." He removes his glasses and puts them down on the paperback (which is now 'War and Peace'). He rubs his eyes and replaces them.

Tomaz looks at Ben sideways. "Bisavô, if we'd ever met, do you think you would've liked me?"

Ben scoffs. "And why would I not? You make your family proud. You rise to every challenge. You'll rise to this one too, I know it."

"What do you mean?"

"You'll find out, boy. Point is, I know that no matter what you find yourself doing, you'll be the best at it there ever was, if set your mind to it. And so it will be with this."

"What are you talking about?"

Ben glances at his watch. "It'll be time to way up soon, boy. Drink your wine."

Tomaz takes his cup and brings it to his lips. He takes a sip and recoils instinctively. He looks at the cup.

Its full of blood.

Ben laughs at his surprise. "Good luck out there boy. I'm sure you'll do just fine." He picks up his paperback,
'The Once and Future King', and goes back to reading.

Tomaz jumps to his feet. "What are you saying? What do I do now!?"

Ben glances up at him. "You wake up."

Tomaz awakes on the motel-room floor, screaming.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 18, 2011, 04:52:38 AM
Burke breathes a sigh of complete relief, while simultaneously jumping in fear at the man's sudden burst of activity.

Burke gets down close to the man's side, fear knotting his brow. Not wanting to get too close, he leans in a little closer. His voice is soothing, baritone and even.

"Shhh!! Shhhh. Easy now. It's Burke. It's 'boss.' Relax. Just be calm, Tomaz. You're safe. Can you hear me?"
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Azrael on July 18, 2011, 07:49:53 AM
"Foda-se! Merda! Bisavô, que porra!? Onde ..."

Tomaz looks up at Burke.

"...Oh. Oh...SHIT."

He looks down at himself, then at the others. He looks from person to person, then at his surroundings, taking it all in, before looking back at Burke. 

"I saw, I was, and you, and then...Burke...what HAPPENED last night?"
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 18, 2011, 11:05:41 AM
Concern and relief war on the man's face. His expression tips his hand that things did not go well. In spite of this, Burke looks as though he has never been happier to see another human being in his life.

"We were attacked at dusk. She slashed you, and you were bleeding to death. I couldn't just let you die..." Burke trails off and pauses for a moment.
"So... I made you one of us. I'm sorry, Tomaz. There was no other way to keep you alive. We restrained you because I've heard that the embrace can sometimes be... Violent. Adrian has gone to get you something to eat, but until then, I hope you'll just remain calm and talk with me. Once you've fed, we'll let you go. Sound alright? It's not that we don't trust you... It's just that our own embraces were... harrowing. I'd save you that if I can."

Burke smiles, almost paternally. True, genuine relief shows on his face.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Azrael on July 18, 2011, 06:36:35 PM
Tomaz looks at Burke thoughtfully, strained and drained but beginning to calm down. There's clearly a long story buried in there somewhere...

Tomaz licks his lips.

"I could use a drink..." as soon as the words are out of his mouth, they resonate though his entire conciousness like a tuning fork.

"Burke, I could REALLY use a drink."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Isador on July 18, 2011, 10:59:27 PM
After a couple of minutes, the sound of rushing water inside the bathroom stops. Following a couple of thuds and some other noise no one can really place, a loud scream suddenly erupts from the bathroom.

Followed by a string of foul language that would make a truck driver cover his ears in shame.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Aydoo on July 18, 2011, 11:02:34 PM
Gwendolyn winces, falling back and covering her ears for a moment, then stands up rubbing her head. She looks around the room, noticing Tomaz, and shakes her head.

"Oh! Welcome back."

She goes back to the window and resumes watch.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Voidshaper on July 19, 2011, 12:23:23 AM
Conscience: [blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 2, 4, 9, total 15[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Voidshaper on July 19, 2011, 12:39:33 AM
Abigail wasn't the praying sort, but seeing Tomaz revive was about on par with miracle-working in her range of surprise. And if she were the praying sort, it might have gone a little something like:

Holy shit, I can't believe that just fucking worked.

She felt her shoulders lighten, and her fingers twitch. Tomaz's blood still stained her jeans where she had hastily wiped it after eviscerating the woman - Tomaz caught in the crossfire, no doubt grazed by those...those fucking claws. It might even have been the killing blow... She hadn't wanted to consider it, but seeing him there on the ground with Burke, innocent as a newborn babe, confused...

Abigail turns away, clenching her jaw.

And then the man called Gary cried bloody murder from the bathroom. Unable to bear looking at Tomaz right now - in fact she'd rather be anywhere else - she stalks off angrily towards the bathroom, grabbing the handle tight and pulling with all her weight, too pissed off to care about room service, or the disgusting monster beyond.

She deserved to be locked up with worse monsters than Gary.

Strength roll to rip the bathroom door open (Gary had locked it): [blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 1, 10, 1, total 12[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 19, 2011, 02:14:10 AM
Burke puts his hand on the man's arm to calm him, to let him know again that he is safe.

"Adrian has gone to get you a drink. Just be calm for now, Tomaz. Very soon now. Just focus on keeping yourself calm."

Charisma+Empathy to soothe the man. (reduced diff due to enchanting voice, determined by ST.) [blockquote]Rolled 7d10 : 9, 6, 1, 5, 3, 5, 10, total 39[/blockquote]

Burke stares at the hotel room door, wishing Adrian would hurry the hell up.
When Abigail begins to get anxious, Burke watches her warily, though she does not occupy much of his thought process. He attempts to split his attention between the two developing threats in the room.

"Are you alright, Abigail?" His expression is one of genuine concern, though Burke's face has been knotted with worry since he sat down on the bed, so it is difficult to tell exactly what Gabriel is feeling.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Radical21 on July 19, 2011, 03:17:06 AM
Attempting to rip the Bathroom's door apart , pulling it with a swift motion with all her weight and might, Abby's hand slip off the sturdy handle and she Flys backwards, A surprise landing on the stained Carpet , her head right next to Tomaz's.

Frenzy Roll for Tomaz since its seems very appropriate
[blockquote]Rolled 5d10 : 10, 3, 6, 2, 10, total 31[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 19, 2011, 05:56:19 AM
RETCON
I can't modify the above post or lose the charisma roll that I made, so please refer to that for the roll itself, otherwise, disregard that post and read this one. Thanks! :)

"Shit!" Burke exclaims as Abigail tumbles back and into biting distance. Thinking quickly, Burke grabs some of the TV cords that bind the man and attempts to haul the man bodily out of range.

[blockquote]Rolled 2d10 : 8, 5, total 13[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 19, 2011, 06:02:13 AM
Pulling Tomaz out of range, Burke pants for a moment from the exertion and then looks to Abigail.

"You alright?"

Burke puts his hand on Tomaz's arm to calm him, to let him know again that he is safe.

"I'm sorry I had to do that. I didn't want you doing something you'd regret. Listen to me, alright? Adrian has gone to get you a drink. Just be calm for now, Tomaz. Very soon now. Just focus on keeping yourself calm. You don't have to breathe anymore, but do it for now so you can stay focused, alright? Just breathe."
His voice is soothing, relaxing, trying to quiet the beast that he knows is rolling inside Tomaz at this very moment.
I was able to keep control the whole time... Let him do so as well. Let ONE thing go right tonight.

Burke looks to Abigail again, his expression is one of genuine concern, though Burke's face has been knotted with worry since he sat down on the bed, so it is difficult to tell exactly what Gabriel is feeling.
See above post for that somewhat mediocre (But successful) Charisma roll to help Calm Tomaz.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Azrael on July 19, 2011, 06:35:33 AM
Tomaz looks hazily up at Burke. The bemused twinkle is gone from his eye and all joviality has fallen away in the intensity of his current situation. He focuses on the breathing he knows is no longer necessary and concentrates. The mute's aggressive rag-doll antics, the rotting man in the shower's disturbing noises, the crazy chick's insane babbling, even Burkes comforting cooing; all of it fades away until Tomaz is alone with his breathing and his thoughts.

Ok. Inventory. I'm in a new Motel room. We've moved. I was being attacked by that sexy chick with the heroin and then... black. Then.... Bisavô? That was a dream. But it was...what did he say to me? I'll be fine. And Burke said...what he said. I'm a  dra- vampire, now as well. Ok. Neat. Alright. Breathe. What else. Burke's here, he...made me. But he wouldn't before. I guess I was dead then. Well that was nice of him. Ok. So, what?

He looks down at his clothes.

I stink. A change would be nice. I'll have to get back to the hotel. These others....

He looks around the room, allowing himself to notice the others.

The rotter is harmless, a whiner and more caught up in his own problems than anything else. No threat. The Crazy chick is...crazy, but crazy can be controlled if handled properly. The mute's arrival was timely, I don't know what to make of that. But Burke seems to like her, and he's proven himself a trustworthy sort and reliable, at least for now. I like him and I'll need him to sort out this new...situation. Adrian is getting me a drink...a person I assume, since this lot drinks blood...and me too now. His arrival was more timely still, and he's been ever so nonchalant about things. I don't like it. He bears scrutinizing, but for now he's gone. No matter; no one in here is a threat. Relax...where's the dog whisperer? I sent them to Shepard's...could she still be there? Why are they back? I must've been out for a whole day...I need....

He snaps out of his concentrations. "Gabriel, I'm feeling slightly better now, apart from being newly deceased. Could you reach into my pocket and get me a cigarettes?" He wiggles a bit in his bonds. "And, oh, I don't know, cut me loose?"
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Voidshaper on July 19, 2011, 08:20:03 AM
One second she was ready to rip that fucking door down, and the next she was here...on her back. And his eyes. She looked straight into those eyes.

For what could have passed for a heartbeat, if anybody in the room had one, Tomaz could see drying red streaks down Abigail's face, from eyes that look scared and guilty. It mixed with the rest of the smears covering her face, only giving itself away by its still-vibrant scarlet.

As quick as the moment comes, Abigail is scampering back across the floor, slamming her back into the TV stand, causing it to rock from the force and nearly topples the unit. Her eyes dart between Tomaz, Burke, and the bathroom door.

Fucking hell.

She rubs her jacket cuff across her face, smearing the fresh blood into the backdrop of carnage still spelled upon her.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Isador on July 19, 2011, 11:29:15 AM
Gary steps out of the bathroom, thankfully fully dressed, his clothes though a little damp are a lot cleaner now then they were before....however, something seems off, or different, about him.

Gary looks around the hotel room, his frustration clearly visible. An awkward silence decents before he suddenly bursts into very aggravated speech. "After all these bloody years it's finally happend. I'M BALD. I dont fucking believe this..."

You all notice now, the balding patch of hair that used to be there is completely gone now. Gary rubs his eyes, mumbling incomprehensibly. Upon closer inspection, it's also quite clear that the shower didn't do his skin any favours either, everything looks red and agitated, a bit like how he's feeling right now.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Friktion on July 21, 2011, 09:21:57 PM
Holding the cleaning supplies uncomfortably in one hand, Adrian boldly knocks on the door.  "Housekeeping!" He announces in a high pitched squeak.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 21, 2011, 11:42:54 PM
Burke sighs in relief and raises himself into a crouch. Under his breath, he mumbles "Oh thank god."

Speaking louder, he addresses Adrian through the door, impatience and nervousness making him appear much more anxious than usual.
"Come in, quick!"
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Friktion on July 22, 2011, 01:03:33 AM
Adrian walks in the room and sets the cleaning supplies down on the floor as he kicks the door closed with the back of his foot.  He takes the sight in for a few moments before speaking.  He knows that there is bound to be some anger at him for not coming back with food.  He notices Tomaz wiggling on the floor, tied up as per his suggestion. 

Well at least one of them listened.  He nods to Gary, who is looking a little different than last time he saw him.  "Rough night, brother?"

Adrian continues without waiting for a response.

"I know I was supposed to bring back food, but there's no way I'm going to let a human loose in this room with 5 of you guys.  I don't know about the others, but I cannot live with myself for killing someone in cold blood." He grits his teeth and shifts his cold stare onto Abigail.


"That's not our style."  He looks to Burke for support.  "That's not my style."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Voidshaper on July 22, 2011, 01:19:54 AM
Self Control: [blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 2, 10, 9, total 21[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 22, 2011, 01:32:47 AM
Burke nods his agreement and smiles a little, slightly relieved that this night wasn't going to go down in a way he'd regret.

"We need to get Tomaz something. The rest of us will be alright, but he's going to lose it if we don't get him something to drink. Suggestions? I don't want to leave him tied up here any longer than necessary. Not to mention, we've got shit to do. I'll fill you in on the particulars later; but how do we get him fed, fast?"
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Voidshaper on July 22, 2011, 01:46:57 AM
Abigail jumps to her feet when Adrian enters the motel room, turning to face him. Her jaw clenches when he mentions the woman's death. The fucking nerve. What does he know? I damn well saved our asses. She was killing him. She was going to kill us. Arrogant little...

She closes her eyes briefly, taking a long, dead breath of air into her. Seconds later she exhales, and opens her eyes, loosening her jaw. Her face becomes a passive wall.

She pulls the motel notepad from the bag at her hip, and scribbles something in blue pen onto the sheet. Tearing it loose, Abigail grabs Burke's hand and plants the note firmly in his palm.

She turns on her heel and marches out the door and into the night, bumping her shoulder against Adrian's as she passes.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 22, 2011, 01:49:55 AM
Burke blinks, perplexed, and looks at the note in his hand. His forehead knots as he reads.
Burke pulls out his iPhone and taps out something on the screen, appearing momentarily oblivious to the others in the room. After about 10 seconds, he returns his phone to his pocket and looks at Adrian, still expecting a reply to his previous query.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Aydoo on July 22, 2011, 02:28:17 AM
Gwendolyn sighs at the increased noise in the room as it breaks her concentration. She runs her hand through her hair turning and trying to focus more now that she is sensing the environment around her.

"Why not just let him feed a little from all of us? It worked when he was norma --- huma --- alive. Then no one has to die or find someone to die or kill someone or death."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Friktion on July 22, 2011, 02:37:15 AM
Adrian takes the shoulder bump from Abigail.  After she storms out he looks at Burke and winks, "Strike a nerve?"

"Hmm the idea of each of us chipping blood in to him is kind of unnerving to me.  Besides, would that cause some kind of weird concoction to form inside of him?"

Adrian sits down on the bed lost in thought.

"Prince wanted to see me and I'm guessing the rest of you as well.  We can't show up with him tied up or raging yet I won't actively be responsible for somebodies death.  However, I also won't stop one of you from doing it.  It's just outside of my..."  Adrian trails off as he stands up wildly looking around.

"Where's the chick driving my...?" Adrian glares at the bald man.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Aydoo on July 22, 2011, 02:44:11 AM
Gwendolyn frowns at Adrian's enquiry.

"She fell. Lots of darkness. Scary, inky, living, grab you in the dark, darkness."


She covers her face and mumbles what could be heard as "Death. Darkness." Whatever happened is obviously still a sore spot and is (more so than usual) disturbing her.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Isador on July 22, 2011, 10:36:46 AM
Gary shakes his head as he hears Gwen speak.

"We were dumping the corpse at some bridge further into the woods, tossed it over the side into the river. Something from below the bridge, dont ask me how, grabbed Sherie and dragged her under. Nothing we could do about it except get out of there as fast as possible before it grabbed us too. Oh, one other thing, if you hit 50 mph your car will whistle. You can thank crazy over there for that." He points a thumb towards Gwen as he mentions crazy.

"Also, i think it would be a remarkably bad idea for me to talk to the police. At the very least they will try to give me a medical examination, and we all know what that's going to turn out like."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 22, 2011, 11:01:40 AM
Burke looks up from his pacing around the room when Gary speaks.

"Whistle? Why would it whistle...?"
Let's hope gwen doesn't get her panties in a twist over that 'crazy' line, or we'll be here all day.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Isador on July 22, 2011, 11:16:55 AM
"Cause there's a hole in the roof. Appearently she's been hiding a gun, which she made me aware of at the dumbest fucking moment," Gary sneers.

"Speaking of drinks...i dont suppose we can still drink...drink? you know, gin, wodka, whatever? I could really use a drink right now."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 22, 2011, 11:27:30 AM
Burke rubs the bridge of his nose exasperatedly.

"And with it, she shot a hole in the roof?"

Burke turns on Gwen, frustrated. His tone, however, when he speaks, is calm and even. At least, it is at first, until it begins to pick up momentum into a shout.

"Really, Gwen? Is there a conceivable reason why you would need to shoot a hole in Adrian's car, a man who let you go joyriding in his vehicle- to his own peril, I might add? Consider how much damage a simple 911 call from Adrian could have done in that moment. It would have seen BOTH you and Gary spending a very short night in a prison with a nice easterly view of the sunrise. Or perhaps Gary ending up in a specimen dish while you get to give the high-howdy to the breaking dawn. You two didn't even consider that, did you? I'm sure Adrian thought about it! I'm sure, were I in his situation, I would have! Don't you think we all owe him a little better than that??" He punctuates his point by flinging the remote control off of the bedside table and letting it clatter against the far wall. Burke sighs, and sits down.

His eyes scan the room, falling particularly on Gwen, Tomaz, and then Gary, respectively.
"If we want to survive the week, we need to stop being so goddamned reckless. And if any of you want my help, you've got to prove you're able to keep a lid on things. If shit starts going sour, I need people I can rely on."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Isador on July 22, 2011, 11:35:05 AM
"HEY, dont push that shit onto me damnit! I'm doing my best here but i sure as hell didn't ASK to be put in the same vehicle as psycho over there! As a matter of fact, if it wasn't for me it wouldn't just be SHERIE to be grabbed by some monster hiding out in the woods!"

Gary's practically fuming at this point.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 22, 2011, 11:49:35 AM
"No one told you to go with her, Gary. You got up here well enough tonight, it would have been EASIER last night. You could have left her to clean up her own mess and let Darwin take care of the details- and then we wouldn't be short a Sherie. And besides, I watched you punch through a van door. You're telling me you couldn'tve stopped her from playing auntie oaklie on the roof of Adrian's car? Seriously."

Burke sighs and looks at the floor for a moment then looks up, obviously regretting having spoken in haste.

"Look, Gary. I'm sorry for flying off the handle like that. We just have enough to deal with without all of this insanity. How do you think it's going to look when I go to get the car repaired? Or when we have a massive blood stain to deal with on checkout?"

Gabriel looks genuinely weary, and looks up at Gary, finally deciding it's time for the truth.

"Listen. There's something you guys need to know. I stuck around for a few minutes after you guys left. I'm sure you noticed that. What you don't know is that I spent that time talking with the prince. He's made me responsible for ensuring that the masquerade is upheld and that I keep an eye on you. He has left me with the dubious honor of making the final call on whether or not all of you make the cut- that is, whether you can hack it as members of the Camarilla. That was him that I talked to on the phone late last night- and Abigail is now my agent, sent as a promise from the prince to prove that he's backing our play.
My point in saying this is that I don't want to have to give the prince a negative verdict on anyone, and I'd just as soon see this weight get lifted from my fucking shoulders; But I will if I have to. We start screwing up here on any bigger of a scale than we have been, and we're going to have a whole lot of hurt descend on the guilty party. If that means I have to name one shit disturber to save the rest of us from the axe, then that's something I'm prepared to do. I pray I don't have to, but I fucking swear that I will."

Burke rubs his forehead.

"Please, let's cut back on the craziness so I don't have to make the wrong call, alright? The only way to win is for all of us to play nice and stop making waves. God knows that getting used to all of this this is hard enough as it is, am I right?"
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Radical21 on July 22, 2011, 06:41:17 PM
Frenzy checks:
Tomaz: [blockquote]Rolled 5d10 : 2, 4, 10, 9, 10, total 35[/blockquote]
Gwen: [blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 4, 5, 2, 2, total 13[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Aydoo on July 22, 2011, 10:49:26 PM
Dex+Firearms[blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 2, 3, 10, 9, total 24[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Aydoo on July 22, 2011, 11:01:17 PM
DMG 4(9MM, pg215,) Target Head +1 DMG (pg208)[blockquote]Rolled 5d10 : 7, 4, 2, 9, 9, total 31[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Aydoo on July 22, 2011, 11:07:24 PM
The noise. The piercing condescending noise. They push. They prod. They blame. Like poking a caged animal with a stick.  Crazy. I'll show them crazy.  I'll show them. I'll show them all. Can't push me around anymore.

In the heat of the discussion as the squabbling couple argues yelling at each other, never taking notice of Gwendolyn slipping the 9mm out and cradling it while their argument inflames higher and higher. The malaise she had felt just moments before turns into pure introverted rage as the accusations get thrown back and forth. Red tears streaming down her face, she points the gun at everyone in the room slowly. A paniced look in her eyes, a sorrow thats reached its fill.

She tongues the barrel and fires a shot.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 23, 2011, 02:08:21 AM
Burke trails off at the end of his confession, his eyes finally meeting gwen's and noticing the strange object in her mouth. It takes his brain a moment too long to realize what it is. He is up and running, but knows instinctively it is too late.

"No, Gwen, Don't!!"

Bang.

Burke catches her as she wobbles on her feet, catching a mouthful of gunpowder smoke as she exhales it. He seizes her around the waist and moves her, carefully moving to set her down on the bed.

"this whole hotel will have heard that... Shit!!! Gwen- Gwen, can you hear me??"
Burke checks her eyes to see if there is anyone in there.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Azrael on July 23, 2011, 04:26:46 AM
Tomaz starts at the sound of the gun. He sees the crazy chick slump to the ground and Burke panic and try to fix it as is his prerogative.

"Dude, that shit is WHACK!"
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Isador on July 23, 2011, 11:35:19 AM
Right as Gary wants to continue with his moaning about how this entire situation is a load of crap, a loud, familiar bang echoes through the room.

Gary reflexively closes his eyes, before realising that once again, he'd not be the one that got hit. He slowly turns towards the obvious culprit, Gwen, whom he knows has a gun. Shock spreads across his face as he sees her scattered all over the walls. It takes him a moment before his mind manages the process the whole situation they're in now.

"Oh shit. We're in for it now."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 23, 2011, 07:13:27 PM
Burke stands up after setting gwen on the bed, both hands slightly bloodied.
Heedless of this, he runs his hand over his forehead and through his hair and looks at his watch, trying to distract himself from the growing anxiety within him.
What time is it?
[blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 4, 4, 5, 9, total 22[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 23, 2011, 07:14:39 PM
Feeling it build within him and almost taking over, Burke collapses backward onto the other bed, breathing deeply and trying as hard as he can to stay focused.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Friktion on July 23, 2011, 07:26:49 PM
Adrian shakes his head in obvious frustration during the description of the status of his car.  Something Gary said makes him perk up.  "Wait dumping what corpse?" he asks, mind racing back towards what the girl said about Ian being missing.

Before the conversation could go down that path however, Burke erupts.  Adrian listens to the rant and can't honestly blame him too much.  The car is shitty, but that doesn't seem to be the real problem.  Adrian had no idea that Burke was running around with so much responsibility on his shoulders, these shenanigans must have been chipping away at him for quite a while.  Adrian just stands glassy eyed until the sudden bang startles his attention to Gwen.  Adrian couldn't help the first thought that went through his mind: better her than me.

Watching Burke spring into action gives Adrian the motivation to take action himself.  It's now time for damage control.

"Gary, turn on the TV and find an action movie quick.  I'll man the door while you take cra.. Gwen into the bathroom and make as few disturbing noises as possible.  Burke, you and me are on scrubbing detail." Adrian walks over to the door and locks it then starts pawing through cleaning supplies.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 23, 2011, 07:42:15 PM
Burke doesn't respond right away; he is clearly shell-shocked and barely reigning in his beast as it is. His eyes are wild and he looks over to Adrian passively after almost a full minute of silence. When he does speak, his voice is devoid of emotion, stunned, and slightly raspy.

"Sure... Scrubbing detail... Tell me what I need to do."
Burke gets up and shuffles over to the cleaning supplies, following Adrian's lead.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Voidshaper on July 23, 2011, 08:09:03 PM
There is a metallic crunching sound as the door to the motel room is being pulled at and twisted. A second later, you hear a rapid pounding on the door.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Isador on July 23, 2011, 08:34:25 PM
Gary quickly runs over to the TV and begins zapping the channels, mumbling as he tries to find something with gunfire going on. He looks and looks and looks, his mumbling becoming increasingly more frustrated as he does, a careful listener may even be able to make out some of the foul language being used.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Aydoo on July 23, 2011, 08:49:23 PM
Stamina[blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 2, 5, 3, total 10[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Radical21 on July 23, 2011, 09:55:38 PM
The back of Gwen's neck pops open shooting back against the curtains glass of the window , like a bottle made of flesh and dead blood splatters that slowly slide down until falling to the ground, leaving a hole in the flesh and a gap where the 9mm bullet went out fortunately failing to hit any of the more vital organs.

Gwen is injured

Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Friktion on July 23, 2011, 10:54:06 PM
Adrian's heart jumps into this throat when he hears the pounding on the door.  "Christ that was fucking fast" he growls to himself before smoothing his clothes, running a hand through his hear and putting on the biggest, fake-est smile he can muster.  I probably look like the Joker on crack right now he thinks to himself.  The visual helps him lighten his mood and make a more natural smile.

Adrian opens the door ever so slowly, "Oh I'm sorry, did the TV wake you?" he says before even seeing who is at the door.

"Oh, it's you." He exhales a sigh of relief.  "I've never been so happy to see you before in my life.  Come on in."  Adrian motions for her to come into the room quickly then closes the door behind her.

Never doing a days worth of any real kind of cleaning, he continues to fumble through the cleaning supplies.  "This night just keeps getting more and more exciting!  Someone get her into the tub.  We need less blood on the sheets and more blood inside Tomaz."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Radical21 on July 23, 2011, 11:44:26 PM
Oddly enough it appears that beyond the initial blood splatters Gwen is not oozing out the expected flow of blood that is seen in mortals, it may be eerie that her fatal looking wound does not turn into a river of crimson but instead seems contained after the point of bursting.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Voidshaper on July 24, 2011, 12:39:04 AM
In the ten or fifteen minutes that she's been gone, Abigail seems to have cleaned the worst of the blood off her skin and hair, and scrubbed her jacket. A few dark stains still linger.

Abigail stares up at Adrian when he opens the door, worried and confused. She follows him into the motel bedroom, the smell of blood still clinging to it - but there was something more...

She sees the one called Gwen sprawled out on the bed, fresh blood splatter on the wall and ceiling behind them. Her head darts from left to right, trying to see where the shooter's body was. Surely they took him down. Another assassin? Unable to spot one, she sees Burke, trying to compose himself near the girl's body on the bed. Was she dead? She didn't turn to ash. Not like... Abigail can't help but glance down to the scattered pile of dust and ash that is still strung across the motel floor. It had been trampled through, forgotten with everything that was going on.

She walks past Gary, nodding in his direction. It looked like he really needed to check something on the TV. Standing a few feet away from Burke and Adrian, she stares at them in turn. Abigail points to the body on the bed, her lips parted as if she was going to ask a question. But of course, she couldn't. Like a mentally retarded infant, she had to wait until somebody told her what the fuck was going on.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 24, 2011, 12:41:12 AM
Burke hardly acknowledges Abigail's existence, he gives her a shaky nod. It is obvious he is having a quiet panic attack.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Azrael on July 25, 2011, 02:17:18 AM
Tomaz struggles carefully with his bonds.

"Um, guys? Can I be untied now, or....?"
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Friktion on July 26, 2011, 04:28:02 AM
Adrian stop what he is doing and looks around the room, taking in the sight.  He notes the look of confusion on Abigail's face, the panic on Burke's, the anger on Gary's, and the... who knows... on Tomaz's.  What a crew we've seem to have gathered.  A mental montage of this being an episode out of Cops plays out in his head.  He could just see him trying to explain why there's decayed brain matter on the wall, ash on the floor, and someone is tied up.

"And then they check the bathroom..."  Adrian looks around surprised, not realizing he had said that last part out loud.

Adrian takes several powerful strides over to Burke, who appears to be still in a daze.  With one swift motion, he open palm slaps him across the cheek.  Adrian hopes this snaps him out of his funk.

"Wake up.  There are the cleaning supplies. Don't think.  Do it. Now."  Adrian commands the shocked man.

"You," he points to Abigail, "untie Tomaz and keep an eye on him.  And I mean a damned good eye." Adrian adds emphasis for importance.

Adrian walks over to where Gwen stood when she shot herself and pockets the pistol.  "Don't need anyone finding this after tonight."  He takes a peak outside the window to see if any squad cars or police are in the vicinity.  He then takes a look at his watch to see how much time he has before his appearance in court.

"Gary?" Adrian begins, "what do you know about a security guard named Ian?"
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Voidshaper on July 26, 2011, 05:36:48 AM
Abigail looks from Adrian to Tomaz, still unsure what had gone down in the room. She nods though, despite an inward twitch at still being left out of the loop. Adrian's words were orders on the battlefield that this motel room had become. Her eyes lingered on him a moment, before bending down to untie Tomaz. Smart, organized, and level-headed in the heat of things. She couldn't decide whether she respected the man or feared him. She settled on both.

The knots in the blankets come apart easily enough. It takes her a minute of fiddling with the cable knots behind Tomaz however, before he is completely free from the shower rod and bedposts. Abigail puts a firm hand on his shoulder, and grabbing his arm with the other, hoists him to his feet. For a second she meets his eyes, which seem to burn into her. She shoots her gaze away quickly. Moving behind him, she pushes Tomaz towards the bathroom. She closes the door behind them and locks it.

Inside the bathroom, Abigail lets go of Tomaz and stands in front of the door with her arms crossed. She doesn't look happy to be there. At all.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Azrael on July 26, 2011, 08:12:15 AM
Tomaz, unsteady in his newfound mobility and unlife, is easily forced into the bathroom.

He scrutinizes the mute standing arms crossed and pensive before him. In spite of everything, he flashes her his most winning smile... which in this instance comes out as more of a sheepish grin.

"P'raps I'll be able to take a show-" Tomaz glances towards the shower and the...mess, on the floor within it, and shudders to a halt.

"Well, p'raps not."

He looks back at the distracted young lady.

I wouldn't mind being distracted with her, alone in a bathroom. This reminds me of high school.

Tomaz hadn't noticed until now, but she was...well, attractive.

He turns on his charm, and finds that to be strangely a more literal act than when he was alive.

Rolling presence at dif of 7: [blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 9, 2, 2, 2, total 15[/blockquote]

"Well, I suppose we'll just have to keep busy and stay out of their way. Whatever shall we do?"
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 26, 2011, 08:16:40 AM
Burke's eyes widen at the sudden attack on his face. He quickly collects himself and blinks a few times, staring at Adrian with confusion, and finally compassion.

"Thanks."

Burke falls to his knees with cleaning supplies in hand and gets to work, his momentary worries forgotten with the assignment of a purpose.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Isador on July 26, 2011, 11:06:05 AM
Gary looks up from the tv screen towards Adrian. Gary appears more frustrated than angry now...though something about him does speak of the shock he endured when Gwen shot herself.

"If you mean the security guard that "used" to work in this hotel, Gwen couldn't control herself and ate him. Me, Sherie and Gwen dumped his corpse into a river, tied to a stone birdbath. By the time anyone finds him we'll be long gone."

He continues trying to find an action movie on the tv
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 26, 2011, 12:08:06 PM
Burke scrubs harder, trying to work the carpet down to its very root.

"Yeah.. *grunt* I figured that was what happened with the security guard. That woman can't control herself for even a moment. He was a nice guy, too."

Burke looks up to Adrian.

"I take it by the fact that you are asking, people in the lobby are wondering where he is?"
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Voidshaper on July 26, 2011, 05:13:53 PM
It was how it had always been: people stricken by that outside image of her, but never caring enough to dig deeper. Abigail was used to guys like this trying to hit on her in dusky small-town bars. How sad is that? she wonders to herself while eyeing Tomaz. Despite herself, she grins back at him. He may be like the rest, but in a dark and twisted way she kind of owed this guy. She did probably kill him, after all.

She slides down the door and sits on the floor, her legs bent in front of her. Reaching into her bag, she produces a notepad with the printed logo of the motel on its pages. Grabbing her pen she begins jotting a message onto it, and after a couple moments turns the pad around so that Tomaz can read it.

I'm not the best conversation buddy. What about you - what's your story, anyway?

Trying to roleplay Charisma 1 here, Az - she wouldn't normally be flirty, but I'm unsure how Tomaz's Presence would "push" her out of her comfort zone.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Friktion on July 26, 2011, 05:30:03 PM
"Yeah, some people came by looking for him." Adrian responds while still gazing out the window.  He turns around and faces the television, "and by some people, I mean the police."  He walks over to the cleaning supplies and begins wiping down the handgun of any blood and/or fingerprints.  He doesn't really know what he is doing, but just mimics what he has seen in movies and on television.

"Seems like they were asking some questions about his disappearance last night.  Nobody knows where he is and nobody has seen anything strange.  I've convinced the girl at the front desk that I had nothing to do with what happened to Ian, which as far as I'm concerned is the truth.  She also promised to keep my stay here a secret from everyone, however I wouldn't bet my last shilling on that to stay alive."

Adrian sits on the bed.   "The bigger concern is my car.  Apparently aside from missing a handle and the addition of a new sunroof, it undoubtably is covered in blood and or hair from a missing person.  Not to mention its presence in not one, but two crime scenes."

Adrian plays around with a pillow, eyes flirting back and forth, mind racing.  He stands up as an idea pops into his head.  He walks to the bathroom and knocks on the door.

Adrian flashes a grin behind him, "I need the cleaning services of the Wolf."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Isador on July 26, 2011, 06:19:05 PM
After zapping across 30 good channels Gary finally manages to find something that will work, one of the countless CSI inspired programs. He turns up the volume just to ensure that people wont think it's strange how the gunshot could've sounded so loud when the tv was only humming softly.

He got up straight again, pushing the back of his hand against his back. Despite the creaking, he didn't feel like he had at all relieved his back. In fact, the pain just seemed to get worse. He grunted softly.

Responding to Adrian Gary sighs deeply, "Yeah it's a real shame. Now, two things. First, we cant drag a trail of corpses behind us. We'll get killed, or worse, arrested. We need to undertake some...ehm...steps, to ensure this doesn't happen again. I'm open to suggestions, because beyond what Gwen just did to herself, i havent got a clue.

Secondly, if the police have been here they're likely to come back. So, where will we stay for the next night? Come to think of it, i've got a third point. Seeing as how there aint a blood bank around here, how the hell are we supposed to keep fed and NOT leave dead bodies where-ever we go?"
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 26, 2011, 06:41:43 PM
Still scrubbing, Burke smirks up at Adrian when he makes the pulp fiction joke.

"I don't mean to posit a difficult question here: But the way I've seen it, besides Gwen, none of us have behaved particularly out of line."

Burke pauses, thinking. He starts counting off on one hand.
"I mean... Who rode into the hotel on a motorcycle with no pants on? Who killed that security guard when I was having a cordial conversation? Who put a hole in the roof? Who shot herself in a hotel room that is likely already under scrutiny?
Stop me if I'm being a dick- but we've got enough to worry about with motorcycle assassins, people creeping in through our windows at dusk, shadow monsters that want to eat us, and more."

Burke's eyes dart over to the bathroom.
"Does anyone else feel like this is just one headache we don't need?"
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Azrael on July 26, 2011, 07:26:11 PM
Tomaz looks up at the knock on the door.

"Go away. We're talking. And tell Burke he talks too loud. And that he's right and we should probably just deal with Gwen Count Orlock style."

He looks back at the pretty mute. Such sad eyes. It compelled him to try and cheer her up...granted he only knew one or two ways to do that.

He snatches the pad out of her hand and begins to scribble back.

I take it you don't go to the movies much. Or read the Tabloids. Tomaz DeAmorim at your service (thats Too*mah*sh, though I don't suppose you'll ever have to pronounce it), writer, director, studio headache...vampire. I am here by complete accident and am clearly being punished for my sins, present company notwithstanding. What about you?

He passes the pad back. While she reads, he finds his crumpled pack of cigarettes and his zippo, fishes one out and lights it. As he drags in, he knows he won't be needing these anymore, but he also knows that he'll never stop smoking.

You know what they say, nobody ever really quits.
 
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Radical21 on July 26, 2011, 11:09:53 PM
The Cigarette light seems to make Tomaz and Abigail uneasy, for the moment the flame of the lighter flicker something rasping flares up like a familiar short stab of primal fear that faintly calls out, threatening to overtake their senses.

For anyone wondering, The difficulty for lighting a cigarette is 3 so its less likely to induce frenzy, especially if the vampire controls the cigarette. would still make a vampire feel ill at ease however I imagine, especially if they are new to the sensation
(source is p.229)
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 26, 2011, 11:10:53 PM
Responding to Gary's question, Burke continues to scrub as he talks.
"Well, while Gwen is unconscious or recovering from what fixable brain damage she has done to herself, now seems like a good time. I have a 5 bedroom house about 20 minutes northeast of Cavern, in the 'burbs. 2.5 of those bedrooms are in an unfinished basement, but there are no windows. Would be a perfect place for us to hole up. I'd like to extend the invitation to all of you: I dare not ask Gwen, for fear she'll burn the damn place to the ground while we sleep."
Burke makes himself heard loudly enough that those in the bathroom can hear as well.

"Besides, I really need a shower and to change my damn shirt before we go anyway. Making a decent impression there will go a long way towards indicating that the last few nights have gone smoothly, even if they haven't."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Isador on July 27, 2011, 01:14:46 AM
Gary looks a little confused when Burke talks about Gwen like she's still around. Suddenly it hits him, "Wait, you mean she's..."

He moves a hand over his chest, remembering the wound that had been there. "Yeah...yeah makes sense. Sort of. As much as any of this makes sense."

Gary seems conflicted for a moment before just settling down and appearently agreeing with himself. "So, when are we leaving?"
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Friktion on July 27, 2011, 02:51:32 AM
Adrian groans loudly.  "Of all the times to not be cooperative" he mumbles into the door.  Adrian turns around and watches the two clean as sleeping beauty lays on the bed.  There's no prince charming enough to cure that crazy, too bad, too bad.  Adrian shakes his head and thinks for a moment.

"Well there's six of us and only one extremely conspicuous car.  That's one traffic stop shy of bad news.  We need a plan.  Before we see the Prince we definitely need to clean up, figure out what we're going to say, and coordinate our story."

Adrian paces back and forth.

"The truth is good, but not for you Burke.  If you were put in charge of them and shit went down as it did, it makes you look incompetent."  Adrian pauses then visibly recoils.  "That sounded a lot harsher than I meant.  I'm sorry."

"What would be best is if we can get everyone on the same page where Burke looks like the hero and we look like capable servants.  That puts all of us in a much better position than a group of bumbling ass-clowns leaving behind a trail of corpses."  Adrian raises his voice at the part about leaving behind a trail of corpses.

He intends to unnerve Abigail.  He wants her to confront him.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Voidshaper on July 27, 2011, 03:06:58 PM
As always, it's hard for Abigail to tell whether Tomaz is joking with her or being insensitive on purpose. Was he mocking her, writing his words down like that when at least he is perfectly capable of speaking them? It was probably just a dumb joke. She decides to let it slide, under the circumstances.

When the flame erupts from Tomaz's lighter, Abigail flinches, bringing her legs close to her body (and away from the fire). She stares at Tomaz nervously while he lights a cigarette. I guess he hasn't gotten the memo yet. We don't get to do anything fun anymore.

She hears the others outside in the main room talking. Burke is obviously making a point of being loud enough. It sounded like a good plan to her. Adrian, of course, is pitching in too - pretending to play the happy little sidekick in the operation. He still made Abigail nervous.

Hearing Adrian call her out on the body of the woman, she looks to Tomaz, instant rage across her face. But when she sees Tomaz sitting there, trying to enjoy a cigarette he never will again, she drops back. Instead, she curls up, putting her elbows on her knees and burying her face in her hands.

It was too much.

She sits there quietly for several moments, silent and unmoving.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 27, 2011, 08:02:19 PM
Burke rubs his chin, pondering.

"We have to assume that the prince already knows everything that is going on. He cut the impression of political leader and crime kingpin all rolled into one. If he didn't know everything that was going on in the city, there's no way he'd be able to maintain control."

Burke shuffles back from his scrubbing, a moderate amount of progress on the bloodstain having been made. He sits on the floor cross-legged.

"We have two options: Try to play it off as though nothing happened- It will work great if the prince is ignorant, but if he does know any part of my story that I leave out, and he asks, then all I've got is 'oh yeah. that.' Then I look worse than incompetent. I look like a liar, and a failure, and a fool for assuming he wouldn't find out."

Burke sighs, wishing that there were more possible decisions.

"No. The only option is to play this one straight. I tell the prince pretty much everything that happened; and paint a picture of five competent individuals attempting to make the best of their complete inexperience, their lack of support, and making due as of a group of individuals which was not assembled by choice: And then we outline in detail how we attempted to keep control of that woman in spite of her obvious instability and continued endangerment of our group. In fact..."

Burke grabs the coil of cable that was once used to restrain Tomaz, wheels turning.

"It might be better if we give her to them giftwrapped. It will help us sell the idea that all along we were preserving the masquerade as best we could, given the circumstances, and that we are not afraid to make some tough calls if need be. It also solves the problem of 6 people to a 5-person car. Then, if the prince decides to release her, we can tell her we were just trying to make sure she didn't hurt herself again, and wanted to get the prince's opinion. That's really the only way to come out of this on top, I think. Sell the story of ordinary people in crazy circumstances, doing the best they could."

Burke looks around the room for the support of the others.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Isador on July 27, 2011, 09:40:32 PM
Gary rubs his chin a little, letting Burke's plan run through his mind several times. Suprisingly, he nods approvingly with a smirk appearing on his face. "You know what, that sounds like a plan. The sooner we get that done, the better in my opinion."

A bigger grin appears on his face as he looks at Burke. "Lets get to work then. Boss" He says, snickering as though he's just made a rather funny joke.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 27, 2011, 10:06:07 PM
Burke's eyes narrow a bit. His voice is still soft but has an edge to it that belies the pressure he's about to be under.

Presence [blockquote]Rolled 6d10>5 : 9, 2, 5, 5, 2, 10, total 19[/blockquote]

"Look, Gary. I didn't ask for this. I didn't ask the prince to put all of our lives in my hands, and I'm after cohabitation for survival, not a chance to lead- but if we are going to try to sell this as acceptable, out of all of us, I have the best shot. When I was a kid I was watching my father make million-dollar deals over breakfast. I've been groomed for the life of a CEO since I was 14, and reading art of war since I was 10.
I'm not the boss, and the only reason I'm even in this mess is because I never wanted to BE the boss in any regard; But if it looks like I'm large and in charge when we're at elysium, it will help sell the fact that we banded together and triumphed. It will lend authority to what I tell the prince if I can speak from that position.
I never went to scouts, so I can't tie a knot for shit. Who wants to take care of Gwen before that hole in her head seals up enough for her to be coherent?"


Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 27, 2011, 10:09:14 PM
Gabriel appears to have fully recovered from his panic attack: In fact he seems more collected and full of purpose than ever before.
Burke's words appear larger than life, like a rousing pre-battle speech or an oration from a famous world leader.

His every word appears to carry truth and purpose behind it.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Isador on July 27, 2011, 10:15:09 PM
Gary raises his hands up defensively, still smiling brightly...which is creepy, as his teeth are all starting to become quite sharp...and dont seem to be aligned with eachother very well anymore. "Hey dont get me wrong Burke. If anyone here should be the boss it's you. I'm just teasing you a bit. I'm no good at tying knots though...afraid Gwen is better at that. Sort of get the idea she wont be much help though."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 27, 2011, 10:25:27 PM
Burke grins.

"Course, if any of us could figure out how to hopelessly tie HERSELF up, it'd be her."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Friktion on July 27, 2011, 11:42:25 PM
"Hmm. Actually Gwen might be our ace in the hole." Adrian perks up.

"Believe it or not, but dealing with crazies is what I do for a living, no pun intended. There is something very interesting about her that we didn't consider. She shot herself for us."

Adrian takes a few steps around the room slinking back into the familiar role of professor.

"Think about it. She could have shot one of us right? Obviously she intended to kill herself, somehow it was to help us. Now in our minds another dead body is not helpful, but in her mind she was helping. She was helping." He paces back and forth.

"What if that was her way of accepting responsibility? What if she was trying to take the burden of Fucking up?" Adrian pauses and looks at Burke.  "Not only did you do the best with what you had, but you saved her from herself. She can be our scapegoat or our greatest achievement."

The look of delight in Adrian's is unmistakable.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 28, 2011, 01:12:14 AM
Burke raises an eyebrow, not having considered that angle.

"You might be giving her too much credit, Adrian. I don't think she has a master plan, nor is she penitent. I think she needed to shoot something, and shooting herself was a quicker death, so she thought, than having the rest of us tear her apart had she shot one of us."
Intellect/Empathy [blockquote]Rolled 6d10 : 6, 2, 9, 7, 7, 7, total 38[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 28, 2011, 01:13:43 AM
Burke eyes Adrian up for a moment.

"So you work in abnormal psych? A researcher? A prof, maybe?"
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Azrael on July 28, 2011, 02:04:00 AM
Tomaz notes the souring of the very-nearly positive moment he was having with the pretty mute. He sees her react to Adrain's muffled comments, the rage and sorrow play across her face. He feels a twinge of irritation, empathy, and....something else.

He takes the pad back from her, scribbles something on a fresh page, tears it from the pad, and then quickly folds it up into a simple origami flower.

He offers the flower to her. "Please smile, I'm so tired of all this levity. It's gonna be the death of me, I know it."

He rolls his eyes at his own sarcasm. "Best we were rejoining the others I suppose. Seems like we'll be out soon."

He rises to exit.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Voidshaper on July 28, 2011, 02:52:55 AM
Abigail looks up when Tomaz speaks. There is blood on her hands, and upon her cheeks under her eyes - eyes where rage still lingers, lost down a well of shame that frames her face. She hated every second of her weakness. But she was so tired of Adrian's bullshit. She killed a woman. To protect everyone, like she was ordered to do. By the Prince of the fucking city. Who is apparently some big shot, so where the hell did Adrian get off telling her it was wrong? Bad enough that she had to live with murdering somebody...maybe two somebodies.

When she sees the origami flower Tomaz had made for her, Abigail looks dumbstruck. You'd think she had never seen a piece of paper before, let alone one made into a flower. Of course, she had seen them before...a long time ago, and from a distance, as they were passed excitedly to all the other girls underneath school desks. Hesitantly she reaches out and takes it gently in between her thumb and forefinger, not wanting to destroy anything else tonight. When Tomaz rolls his eyes she can't help but grin at his tasteless joke. She wipes her cheek with the back of her hand and unfolds the flower carefully.

When she finishes reading, she looks up at Tomaz, who is standing now, and gives him a serious nod. Abigail grabs the pen and writes something brief on the back of the sheet. She tries to follow the fold lines and remake the beautiful flower, but bumbling with it in her fingers she quickly gives up, smiling openly, flashing her white teeth and shaking her head. She rises and gives the note back to Tomaz.

She steps to the sink and runs the water, rinsing her hands and splashing water on her face while Tomaz reads the note behind her. If only I could wash this stupid conscience away so easily, she thinks, running a dry cloth over her face.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Friktion on July 28, 2011, 05:45:28 AM
"A little bit of both I suppose" Adrian admits, with shrugged shoulders.  "I've worked in clinical psychology for a long time and have done my fair share of psych evals and worked with the SMI population.  If there's one thing I believe, is that there's no such thing as insanity.  There's just logic we don't understand.  I truly think Gwen shooting us was her way of apologizing without having to face the guilt and shame of actually doing it."

Adrian knocks on the door again, louder this time.

"What happened these past two nights is a fact, but the way the prince perceives it is an opinion.  Now can I please speak to Tomaz?"
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Azrael on July 28, 2011, 08:38:24 AM
Tomaz waits a moment longer until Abby has composed herself.

Once her face is dry, he nods, puts on his most insolent smirk, and opens the door to find Adrian standing at his noise, hand raised to continue knocking.

Tomaz throws Abby a glance and gestures to the man.

"Dear me darling, did YOU call the Orkin man? We do seem to have a bit of a pest problem tonight."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 29, 2011, 04:28:23 AM
Burke ponders Adrian's response, and looks as though he might comment, but instead he walks up to the door behind Adrian, looking at Tomaz and Abby in turn.

"You feeling alright?" His question was initially meant for Tomaz, but he opens it up to both parties in the room when he sees Abigail's stormy facial expression.

"I could use your knot tying skills again, Abby, if you're up for it." Burke holds up the TV cable in his hand, a warm smile on his face, a little embarrassed at Adrian's imposition, and trying to smooth things over if possible.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Voidshaper on July 29, 2011, 06:30:30 AM
Abigail smiles through pursed lips at Tomaz, while trying to maintain a stern look on her face in front of Adrian. When Burke chimes in behind him, she raises an eyebrow. She missed the meeting where she had been elected little miss girl scout. At least they needed her for something more genial than turning people into ash, she thinks with bitter humor. It's always good to diversify, they say.

She looks at Tomaz and cocks her head toward the main room.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Azrael on July 29, 2011, 06:37:51 AM
Tomaz winks at Burke.

"Fine fine Boss...er...sire...er...Gabe. Never better. Bit hungry actually...wobbly, but... I feel pretty strong. And did you notice these colors? Those bloodstains are so...RED."

He shakes his head. He glances back to Abby and, after a moment, nods at her unspoken query.

"You go on then darling, I'll settle the bill."

He turns back to Adrian, and leans insolently against the doorframe.

"Won't you come in for a chat? Sorry for the mess. The maid's out with a case of the..." he motions to the shower, "...moults."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Friktion on July 29, 2011, 07:34:16 AM
Adrian grins at Tomaz, "I hope your wife doesn't find out about the mistress... or the maid.  So I figure you know a little bit about the underworld side of things around here.  Do you know a place where someone might be able to have their car fixed, no questions asked?"
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Azrael on July 29, 2011, 07:37:50 AM
Tomaz puts his hand to his forehead in mock shock.

"Good heavens sir are you suggesting that I consort with naer-do-wells? Ruffians? No-good-nicks!?"

He drops the act and shrugs.

"I'll see what I can do. Borrow your mobile?"
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Voidshaper on July 29, 2011, 03:19:47 PM
Abigail shrugs past Adrian in the doorway and gives Burke a nod, noticing the cable wire in his hands. Looking around the room, she sees Gary standing by the bed over Gwen's corpse.

She points to Gary and raises an eyebrow questioningly in an over-acted fashion, miming her hands to tie a knot in the air, grinning at Burke.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Isador on July 29, 2011, 03:51:55 PM
Gary frowns at Abigail, "What, are you sayin i need to be tied down as well? What do you take me for?" he says with his usual grumpy attitude.

Gary shakes his head and turns around, walking over to the window. He peeks around the curtains, trying not to reveal himself to anyone outside.

"Another thing, if Gwen's tied up how are we supposed to get her out of here without drawing attention to ourselves...and that trick with me passing for a burn victim may have worked once but no one will buy that my little metamorphosis took place over the last 15 minutes, unless someone tells them i was lit on fire again. And we wouldn't wanna draw that sort of attention, would we?"

Gary's looking out the window as he speaks, half-talking to himself and half to anyone listening.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Friktion on July 29, 2011, 06:02:34 PM
"Burke can he borrow your cellphone?"  Adrian turns back to Tomaz, "client confidentiality being what is, I don't feel comfortable sharing my personal phone.  That and I don't trust you." He winks.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Voidshaper on July 29, 2011, 06:15:59 PM
Chuckling to herself in silent spasms, Abigail walks over to the bed, where the thin sheet that bound Tomaz to the posts remains discarded on the floor. She crouches down and snatches it up.

Eyeing Gary up and down, she nods and takes two steps towards him with the sheet, tossing it over his head and letting it drape down to cover his body. She turns her head and smiles to Burke, clapping her hands together reverently as if she had just painted the Mona Lisa.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Aydoo on July 29, 2011, 07:59:49 PM
Gwen from her prone position begins to stir. At first its a few slight and barely noticable twitches, but after a frew moments she quite just rolls over as if sleeping. A perceptive few might discern that wound that was there moments ago is now completely gone and "normal" as it ever was. She mumbles something that can barely be understood but comes out vaguely as "mists" and "morpheus" but you get a notion that, your assumption is not quite right.

 A few seconds later she sits up rubbing her face and messing with her jaw, to the effect of a loud snap as it juts back into place.

"Why does everything taste purple?" She cocks her head and looks at Abigail. "Who is that?"
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 29, 2011, 08:09:39 PM
Burke bursts out laughing, the first real laugh he's had since all of this craziness started.
"Nice work, Abby- I'm sure this hotel could use the boost in revenue. With your help Gary, it'll make 'Top ten haunted hotels!' You two better ask for a cut of those sales." Burke grins widely, but this quickly turns into a pondering expression.
"Yknow that actually could work. Gary throws the sheet over his head and we all run out acting like college douchebags trashing the room like a couple of ke$ha addled wannabe rockstars. Adrian walks out first and brings the car right up to the door, we hop in and head back to my place as fast as we can."

Fishing around in his bag, he pulls out a different phone from the iPhone he normally uses, a black Motorola RaZr V3.
(http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3B7cs9Ktkcg/RyclG3MRAnI/AAAAAAAAADA/guejOreaAXA/s320/Motorola+RAZR+V3+Black.jpg)
He hands it to Tomaz and smiles.

"Being an aspiring corporate head and someone with political aspirations, I tend to make sure I carry a spare for the... Shadier calls. If you don't get ahold of your guy, I might know someone."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Isador on July 31, 2011, 12:42:57 AM
Gary first stares blankly at Abigail, slowly turning toward Burke. Behind his new costume it's hard to judge his reaction but what one can gather from the following awkward silence, he's not really enthousiastic with the idea.

"Do you really, honestly, believe this will work?...then again, what's the alternative. Other than climbing out the window..."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 31, 2011, 12:48:15 AM
Burke hides a wide, shit-eating grin behind one hand, though his eyes are shining with mirth.

"Yeah. The window is the other option I'd considered."
Burke looks at Abigail, motioning toward Gwen, indicating to her that she is now the primary concern, not Tomaz. He attempts to do this without alerting Gwen's attention- Something he assumes to be easy, given Gwen's current condition.

Cha+Per to communicate that message with body language. [blockquote]Rolled 6d10 : 1, 3, 8, 8, 9, 8, total 37[/blockquote]

Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 31, 2011, 12:50:19 AM
Burke's expressiveness is continually surprising: Indeed, it's almost as if he spoke his concerns aloud.

He turns to Gwen, a look of genuine concern playing across his features.
"Are you alright?"

He pauses to let her compose herself a bit more, before making introductions.

"Gwen, this is Abigail. She works for the prince- she's here to make sure we stay in one piece. Abigail, Gwen."

Burke sweeps his hand smoothly as he makes the introductions.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Friktion on July 31, 2011, 01:18:42 AM
Adrian can't contain himself any longer.  He drops to his knees holding his gut as he howls in laughter.  "It's good... it's a good... it's a good..." he tries to choke out, but is unable to finish.  It's a good thing he doesn't need to breath anymore, because he might suffocate.  After a few moments where he worries that insanity might be contagious, he wipes the blood tears from his eyes.

"Oh my fucking god I needed that. You're a goddamned DiVinci Abigail.  I like you guys, able to find humor even though where knee-deep in shit.  Anywho, the window is an option, but I say leave the blanket on.  If anything, maybe you can go "whooo" and convince any onlookers that you're a ghost.  At least until you fall." 

The thought of Gary face-planting out the window as he yells "whoooo" sends Adrian further into another helpless fit of laughter.

A few moments later, he composes himself again.

"Even better, we can play some kind of hop onto the covered wagon bullshit.  I'll pull the car around, Gary face-plants into that instead and I peel out of here like the Dukes of Hazzard."  Adrian gasps out.

He loses his shit again.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on July 31, 2011, 02:30:53 AM
Unable to maintain his composure, Burke starts laughing as well. He literally facepalms as he laughs out loud to himself.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Azrael on July 31, 2011, 03:34:46 AM
Tomaz shakes his head at the laughing boys.

"I don't get it."

He shrugs and steps back into the bathroom, locking the door behind him for privacy. He flips open the mobile, thumb poised to dial.

"Now...who shall I telephone?"
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Isador on July 31, 2011, 11:41:21 AM
Gary grunts his dissaproval from underneath his sheet. "Glad to hear you bastards think this is so bloody enjoyable. Least we can be glad there's no pointy end on top or else we could all pass for the...."

A snorting sound can be heart from underneath the sheet. "How about we try that? Everyone gets a sheet and people will probably keep their traps shut when we walk in."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Aydoo on July 31, 2011, 06:27:15 PM
"Yeah fine. Why's everyone laughing? Did someone eat a clown?"

She looks at Burke confused but quite serious.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Voidshaper on July 31, 2011, 09:09:33 PM
Abigail smiles to herself; the first lighthearted moment she's had in weeks, it seemed. Composing herself in the aftermath of the moment, she follows Burke's eyes back to the bed, and Gwen. She nods, putting on her usual deadpan expression.

She steps to the bed and reaches out to Gwen, offering her hand to shake.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Aydoo on August 01, 2011, 03:32:33 AM
"Oh hi."

She blinks a few times then slowly reachs out and takes her hand but only at the fingers.
 
"Pleasure to um.. meet you, I think"

She looks at Burke.

"Are we in that hotel or whatever? Did Sherie make it back yet? Nnnngggh.."

She rubs her temple.

"My... brain hurts.. and I can't think straight. I haven't been able to think straight since I met all of you. Does everyone feel like this or is this just some part of the kind I am?"
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Voidshaper on August 01, 2011, 06:49:27 AM
Gwen was different. Abigail respected that, being what she was. The woman could be frustrating, but she had an innocence to her as well that was almost charming. Nevertheless, Abigail's expression remains neutral as she takes Gwen's fingers and shakes them. After all, this was purely business.

Abby is going to attempt to do a Hold maneuver on Gwen...
Dex+Brawl to grab: [blockquote]Rolled 6d10 : 3, 4, 1, 5, 8, 2, total 23[/blockquote]
Dex+Str to hold: [blockquote]Rolled 6d10 : 7, 7, 1, 2, 8, 7, total 32[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Azrael on August 01, 2011, 06:52:30 AM
You hear a muffled one-sided conversation from within the bathroom, which ends with the SNAP of a flip phone closing.

After a moment Tomaz sticks his head out of the bathroom.

"Abby can you come here? I need to borrow your pen. Rest of you, keep it down will you? Some people are on the phone!"

He ducks back inside the bathroom, leaving the door ajar for Abby, and then opens the phone back up.

"Fuck what was his number....shit."

Tomaz concentrates for a moment, picturing in his head a slip of paper with 7 digits scrawled across it.

"Got it."

Tomaz dials and puts the phone to his ear. It begins to ring.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Aydoo on August 02, 2011, 08:29:12 PM
Ignoring Abigail's increasing grip, Gwen pulls her hand back and turn standing up to Burke, the question still ringing in her head.

"This isn't normal is it?"
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Friktion on August 03, 2011, 02:53:29 AM
"No Gwen, nobody ate a clown.  How are you feeling?  Can you do me a favor and tone down the violence a little? We're in a bit of trouble with too many people asking questions and paying us too much attention.  We really need to tone down our behavior just a bit."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Aydoo on August 03, 2011, 03:20:48 AM
"I don't know how I'm feeling.. Its like.. oh god how to explain.."

She ponders for a moment running her hands through her hair and pulling slightly.

"Like having a snake run through your skull and mixing up your emotions constantly, while everything smells purple and the world is constantly spinning to the beat of Styx and the Cure is getting away."

She shakes her head.

"Or looking into a cracked mirror."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on August 04, 2011, 08:27:00 AM
Burke lets Adrian take the lead on this one, but chimes in to show that he is backing the man's play.

"Adrian's right. If we want to survive this whole thing, we need to be church mice until midnight.
Your help in that regard would go a long way towards making sure nothing goes south. The choice is yours, Gwen." He lets his words hang for just a moment, levelling his eyes at her to hopefully impress the importance home.

"Now I'm not sure how much of our conversation you actually heard, but we are about to head back to my place here in cavern to change and get a second car. I'm not sure what size you are, but I might have something for you ladies if you need to change. Aside from that, it's a safe place to hide out for a few hours.
As much as I'm enjoying this conversation, I suggest we switch locales as soon as possible: Crime shows can only keep people from putting two and two together on a missing persons report for so long, and I am allergic to jail time, so... Don't think I'm unsympathetic to why you just blew your own face off, but can we focus on getting out of here before we talk about our feelings? Our continued survival is of paramount concern to me right now. Sorta my job, yknow."

Burke returns to scrubbing the last of the blood stain from the floor, hoping to lead this one by example.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Voidshaper on August 04, 2011, 08:16:35 PM
Abigail blinks after Gwen slides out of the handshake. Well, that closes one door. Heaving a silent sigh, she shuffles around the bed, being careful not to step in any of the mess that remains on the floor. Abigail walks past Burke and Adrian into the doorway of the bathroom, giving them each a defeated look as if she had just been grounded from the high school prom.

Reaching into a pocket within her jacket, she produces a purple gel pen and passively hands it to Tomaz, not seeming to pay attention to his conversation with the no-doubt disreputables on the other end.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Isador on August 08, 2011, 04:42:08 PM
Even through the sheet you can see Gary shaking his head. He's not at all thrilled with the situation, but he doesn't have much choice. He squints his eyes for a moment...appearently puzzled by something.

Before too long, he had made up his mind and walks over to Gwen. Being under the sheet, it's impossible to gauge his expression other than listening to his voice.  "Listen, do you remember with Sherie in the car, you two mentioned something about your abilities to avoid being noticed? As you may have guessed from earlier, i'm not that good at it. Figure you could try and teach me a thing or two about how you do it? Might allow me to do it on the move, which would mean a whole lot of less bullshit to deal with."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Radical21 on August 11, 2011, 09:05:04 AM
Burke can sense his Cellphone ringing despite the loud TV noise
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Aydoo on August 11, 2011, 04:45:19 PM
Gwen stares at the lumpy ghost in bewilderment.

"I don't really know. I figured everyone was just ignoring me as usual. It made me feel really small. Try thinking really small?"

She tries to ponder her explanation and delve for more, but ends up with a symphony of science.

"Like you are a tiny insignificant speck of dust, on a tiny insignificant ball of dirt, in a tiny insignificant ammount of space, among the other billions and billions of specks in the universe?"
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on August 11, 2011, 11:33:51 PM
Burke ducks quickly into the hallway after raising an eyebrow at Gwen's description of hiding herself from notice. As he goes, he gives the others their best "NO FUCKING ANTICS" look.

He answers the phone, attempting to appear collected and strong, if a bit tired over the late hour.
[blockquote]Rolled 6d10 : 4, 8, 2, 4, 10, 10, total 38[/blockquote]


Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on August 11, 2011, 11:35:19 PM
Flawlessly selling it, Burke shakes the phone a bit, as though to indicate it was on a bedside table or something.

"Gabriel speaking."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Friktion on August 13, 2011, 04:52:41 PM
Adrian watches Burke as he sneaks outside to take his mysterious phone call.  He ignores the others as his mind races through the possibilities of what might happen next. 

Have their shenanigans been discovered?

Adrian mulls over the option of pressing his ear to the door to try to pick up the conversation, but soon dismisses the idea.  It is far too loud in the room in order for him to be able to pick anything up.  Besides, Burke has acted decently thus far, the information will probably be shared.

Adrian pauses and looks at his phone with his new contact in it.  He wonders what roll she is going to play in his life.  A safe house in this area might not be such a bad idea.

He texts her: What time do you get off tonight?

A few moments and buzzing sounds later, Adrian perks up.  "Do you guys have any mode of transportation aside from my car?  Can someone come get you or is this pretty much your only option?"
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on August 16, 2011, 09:32:12 PM
As Burke approaches the door, you hear him say something that could be:
"Thank you. Just hold it together till monday. I'll see you then, and thanks again for the offer."

Burke re-enters, his phone call apparently finished, and he looks around the room to find everyone STILL standing around. He takes a moment to look impatient, then goes into the bathroom and snatches his phone back from Tomaz.

"We have to go. Now. Who feels comfortable riding a motorcycle in november? 6 people in the car, it's either that or put someone in the trunk. We're simply out of time- and staying here any longer than we have to is suicide."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Isador on August 16, 2011, 10:20:02 PM
Gary scratches his head from under the sheet. "I'll call dibs on the rear seat, as i figure having casper the friendly ghost driving around on a motor cycle wouldn't be a good plan right now." He motions for the door, waiting for the others to follow burke. He really doesn't want to go downstairs first.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on August 16, 2011, 10:40:03 PM
Burke turns to Adrian, nodding cordially to him.

"Would you be able to bring the car around by any chance? I'll make sure we get these misfits out the side door without incident."

Burke says the word "misfits" with a bit of a smile, noting Gary with the sheet over his head and smirking. The thought of him on a motorcycle with a sheet over his head almost sends him into a fit of laughter again- but then he remembers how real things are about to get...
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Voidshaper on August 17, 2011, 03:01:43 AM
Before she can give Tomaz the pen, Burke has already snatched the phone back from him.

Guess the shit's hit the fan on the other end of whoever Burke was playing telephone tag with. It dawns on her that the 'other end' might actually be the Prince, which might actually involve their own hides. They were cutting their meeting tight...

When she hears Burke mention the motorcycle, Abigail raises her hand nonchalantly. She wasn't the greatest, but they didn't need to know that. She remembers riding double with her uncle down the mountain roads between the city and their camp every weekend when she was younger. How different could it be, right?
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on August 17, 2011, 03:51:13 AM
Burke nods to Abigail.

"Works for me, thanks, Abigail. That jacket looks warmer than the shirt I'm wearing- plus I think a stiff breeze will cause it to fall apart."

He smiles a charming smile to her, one that still indicates that he is stressed, but trying to remain friendly. He gestures to his trashed button up shirt and smirks in spite of himself.

What a strange fucking trip this has been.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Friktion on August 17, 2011, 09:07:22 PM
Adrian reaches in his pocket and tosses the keys to Burke.

I honestly don't remember if I ever got the car keys back, I'm proceeding on the assumption that I did.

"Here, you guys need it more than I do.  I have another ride lined up." He winks to Burke.  "Besides, from the sound of things, it's not like you guys can do a whole heck of a lot more to it at this point."

Adrian opens up his cell phone again.

"Just in case shit hits the fan though, can I get your - and anyone else - cellphone numbers?"

Despite the fifty-fifty chance of possibly having to cab it later, Adrian puts on a confident grin.  "And don't let Tomaz hock my GPS system."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on August 17, 2011, 11:39:14 PM
Burke chuckles, accepting the keys.

"We'll return this to you, fixed, in a very short time. Or if you'd prefer, we can give it to you at elysium tonight and arrange to repair it later. In any case, I'll go bring the car around."

Burke reaches into his pocket and pulls out a rather crumpled business card.

- Burke Communications and Affiliates
Gabriel Burke, Marketing Director.-

It has his phone number and e-mail address on it.

Burke communications is an up-and-coming major telecommunications company- think AT&T, but on a smaller scale. The company's heir, who you now realize to be named Gabriel, is known as something of a wild card, and there is concern with shareholders that if he does not clean up his act and start actually doing his job, someone on the board of directors may wrest majority share from him when his father retires. This has been all over the tabloid newspapers recently, as Gabe's father was recently diagnosed with lung cancer, calling the future of this company into doubt.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Azrael on August 19, 2011, 07:43:17 AM
Tomaz walks back into the room after all of these delightful plans have been made, laughing. He's shaky and seems a bit punch-drunk, probably due to how hungry he is.

"Hey, yeah, so, forget all of that. There's a car coming to pick us up. It'll be here any minute. You-"

He turns to Adrian and hands him a piece of paper.

"Got the address of a mechanic for you. Good rates, hush hush kind of business. Should take care of your car's new... eccentricities."

He looks at Abby and smiles. "Ever ridden in a limousine?"

 
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Voidshaper on August 19, 2011, 09:07:26 AM
Abigail watches as Tomaz emerges from the bathroom, his 'business' finally done. She furrows her brow at the mention of a limousine at first, not seeming to understand. Then she shakes her head. Even if she could have afforded it, what occasion would she possibly have to use one?
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Azrael on August 19, 2011, 09:19:29 AM
Tomaz's smile widens as Abby shakes her head.

"Well then tonight's your lucky night. I hope they bring drinks. I'm seriously thirsty..."

He looks at Burke. "We'll go to my hotel first. I need a shower and a change like WHOA. Then we can go to the insane asylum or whatever you said."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on August 19, 2011, 09:23:48 AM
Burke takes his phone back from Tomaz, raising an eyebrow.

"Good work."

After hearing his comments, he furrows his brow a little.

"Insane asylum? You mean... My house?"

The responsibility he now holds is clearly beginning to weigh on Burke, and he is becoming less and less friendly to pointless banter as the night wears on.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Azrael on August 19, 2011, 09:32:28 AM
"You have a house? I don't know, that PLACE you said. It sounded like you said Asylum, which is like, uh, ok, but it seemed important."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on August 19, 2011, 10:02:44 AM
Burke furrows his brow a little, looking as though he might respond- but then doesn't. He walks around the hotel room, putting things back in order, then wets a towel and wipes it over all of the flat surfaces in the room while they wait for the car.

"Fingerprints." he says as he goes.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Azrael on August 19, 2011, 10:15:37 AM
Tomaz shrugs at Burkes aversion to banter. Some people.

He walks over to the bed and throws himself onto it, lounging.

"Oh Burke, you got a text while I was using your moblie."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on August 19, 2011, 10:17:30 AM
Burke looks surprised- That was my backup line... For shadier stuff. Not many people have that number.


Burke opens the phone and looks at the text.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on August 19, 2011, 10:21:26 AM
Burke reads the text and then looks up.

"It's good news for once. A friend of mine offering assistance. I'm going to tell him yes- I can use all the help I can get."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Friktion on August 19, 2011, 05:41:55 PM
"Thanks buddy." Adrian pockets the slip of paper with the mechanics address and phone number.

"So do you guys still need my car or no?"  Adrian looks at his watch and at the door, a little impatiently.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on August 22, 2011, 05:45:26 AM
Burke looks at him, extending his arm to hand the keys back to Adrian.

"No, I suppose we don't need it. I'll cover the cost of the damages though. Let me know how much it cost and I'll reimburse you. Also, if you want to arrive at Elysium at the same time, I could help you make a good impression. Up to you."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Friktion on August 22, 2011, 06:20:47 PM
Adrian pockets his keys.

"Yeah that'll be great.  I'll give you a call when I'm on my way.  We need to be there at midnight right?" he glances as his watch, "it looks like we have plenty of time."

"I'll probably show up a little bit early, just in case."

Adrian makes his way to the door opens it then pauses as if he forgot something.  He looks back over his shoulder, "don't do anything stupid." He winks at Abigail.

Without further hesitation, Adrian walks out of the room and heads to the restaurant to find Shirly.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Voidshaper on August 22, 2011, 07:13:41 PM
Abigail twitches reflexively at Adrian's condescending tone as he is leaving, her lips parting open as if she could possibly defend herself. Gaping like a fish while he makes his grand exit, she collects herself and stares icily at the closed door where he stood moments before.

He could have been joking with that wink, she wonders. Somehow it only strengthened her dislike of the man.

Tightening her jaw and making a low gurgling sound in her throat which might pass for a growl, Abigail stalks over to Tomaz - her straw-colored hair bouncing on her shoulders - and wrenches the pad of paper and pen from him, avoiding his glance. Scribbling something with tense strokes on the page, she marches over to Burke and holds it up in front of his face like an officer might display his badge.

I'm taking the bike. Where are the keys and helmet?
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on August 22, 2011, 10:45:04 PM
Burke reads the note, his expression softening. He looks at her with understanding, as though he understands completely- in fact, likely feels just as fed up with this whole thing as she does. He nods, and glances to Gwen.

"Gwen, please give Abigail the keys to the bike- you had them last. I don't believe there ever was a helmet, was there?"

Burke then turns back to Abigail. For a moment, it seems almost as though Burke is checking her out, but after a moment it becomes clear he is appraising her height and build.

"How tall are you- 5'5" maybe? I've got some clothes back at home that might well fit you, if you feel like a change. The owner isn't using them currently, and they're just hanging in my closet..." Burke trails off, a tiny bit of sadness creeping into his facial features. when he meets her eyes again, his expression is devoid of emotion. "Might be nice for us all to show up looking our best at this Elysium. Up to you though, Abby." Burke smiles warmly, kindness working its way into his face and his voice as he talks.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Aydoo on August 23, 2011, 04:08:09 AM
"Keys?"

She feigns checking on her person even though there would be very few places to hide keys.

"Oh right. Its a kickstart. You know how to use one of those?"

She waits not very long then explains anyway.

"Hold the brake, throttle the gas, push down on the lever with your foot quite hard, and eventually it'll start."

She ponders again.

"Your head should be hard enough, there was no extra protection."

She seems really distant only going through the motions of her own actions.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on August 24, 2011, 01:12:42 AM
Burke leaves the two of them to handle that for themselves, figuring that it needs no further mediation, and nods to Abigail once again, making his understanding of her emotional state clear. He sits down on the bed, pulls out his iPad, and pokes away at it while awaiting the limo.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Voidshaper on August 24, 2011, 04:03:58 AM
Abigail nods at Gwen's explanation, silently thankful for it despite her impatient frustration. She would definitely be winging this, but she couldn't stand another minute spent with the Super Friends right now. She'd done her job pretty damn well so far - screw whatever Adrian might think. Right now, she needed some fucking space. An open road under her to start with.

Turning from Gwen, she scribbles a last message on her pad of paper and tears the sheet away, dropping it on top of Burke's cash-pad while he plays with it. Without so much as a backward glance she walks to the door, opens it, and steps out into the hall.

Hopefully this time Gwen won't blow her brains out.

The sheet simply reads Text me directions when you can.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Isador on August 24, 2011, 10:36:18 AM
Gary returns his attention to the window, watching impatiently for their ride to arrive. He still isn't comfortable with the idea of going downstairs wrapped in a bloody sheet though...though careful not to be noticed by anyone outside, he sneaks a peek down towards the road below.

"Figure i'll break a leg if i let myself drop?" he mumbles to himself
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Radical21 on August 27, 2011, 02:35:46 PM
Gary can see Adrian talking to a young woman in the parking lot before they both take off, taking Adrian's Car.

After a While a Black sedan arrives by the road and stops close on the fringes of the parking space.

(http://www.diamondbarlimo.com/uploads/images/town_car_sedan.jpg)

Even from afar Gary can see A man in official looking black suit wearing gloves , you might think he was a cliche CIA assassin if it wasn't for the ridicules chauffeur hat that appears as he emerges from the front seat and moving to the other side to stand in front of the car facing the motel. He checks his watch before holding his hands in front of him, waiting dutifully.

Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Aydoo on August 27, 2011, 06:27:00 PM
Peering over Gary's massive destroyed shoulders, Gwen announces to the group quite calm and clock work-like.

"I think --- its here."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Isador on August 28, 2011, 12:18:49 AM
"Black Sedan? Comically apropriately dressed chauffeur? If yes to all aforementioned, it's here. Get your shit together, we're leaving...i'm kindly requesting for a different aproach to getting me out, by the way. I'm fairly confident i can't pull off an early halloween and we dont need more attention."

Gary closes the curtains on the window again, ensuring no one can peek in. He pulls off the sheet, finally revealing his expression. He looks annoyed, with a twinge of aprehension on the side.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on August 28, 2011, 12:21:09 AM
"You sure we don't want to go for the 'Drunken Frat boy' approach? We run into anyone on the way down and we can just ham it up. Also, Tomaz- is this driver going to crap himself when he sees Gary? Or is he on the level?"

Burke's bow furrows, he clearly doesn't like how loosely this whole thing is being played.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Azrael on September 06, 2011, 03:11:11 PM
Tomaz shrugs. "Listen, I don't know the guy from Adam. But He'll probably know who I am. And believe me, Sloth over there is nowhere NEAR the oddest looking fellow I've run with. If anyone asks, I'll say he's decked out in prosthesis for a screentest. Now can we PLEASE go? I'm STILL filthy, I'm STILL thirsty, and the carpet and drapes scheme in this room is giving me anxiety."
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Malavis on September 06, 2011, 10:10:18 PM
Burke motions with a smile to Tomaz.

"After you."

Gabriel walks out second with Gary close behind. He turns back as they walk:

"Remember. We run into anyone, think drunken frat boy. I'll back you. I play a pretty good drunken asshole- as many tabloid newspapers can tell you." Burke smiles ironically and motions for the others to follow close.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Aydoo on September 07, 2011, 04:21:37 AM
Keenly introverted and numb, Gwen follows Burke and his actions.
Title: Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
Post by: Isador on September 10, 2011, 12:52:40 PM
Gary looks back at the sheet he tossed onto the floor, then back at the group. He runs a hand over his face before resigning himself to his fate.

He picks up and pulls the sheet over his head again and does the one thing he probably has more experience at than all these young people around him combined, being drunk. He stumbles after burke, doing his best to just try and act as he normallly does while he's drunk. Minus the swearing at random strangers and picking fights. Cant use that right now.