collapse

Author Topic: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony  (Read 13549 times)

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Burke sighs in relief and raises himself into a crouch. Under his breath, he mumbles "Oh thank god."

Speaking louder, he addresses Adrian through the door, impatience and nervousness making him appear much more anxious than usual.
"Come in, quick!"

Offline Friktion

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 327
Adrian walks in the room and sets the cleaning supplies down on the floor as he kicks the door closed with the back of his foot.  He takes the sight in for a few moments before speaking.  He knows that there is bound to be some anger at him for not coming back with food.  He notices Tomaz wiggling on the floor, tied up as per his suggestion. 

Well at least one of them listened.  He nods to Gary, who is looking a little different than last time he saw him.  "Rough night, brother?"

Adrian continues without waiting for a response.

"I know I was supposed to bring back food, but there's no way I'm going to let a human loose in this room with 5 of you guys.  I don't know about the others, but I cannot live with myself for killing someone in cold blood." He grits his teeth and shifts his cold stare onto Abigail.


"That's not our style."  He looks to Burke for support.  "That's not my style."

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
Spoiler for Hiden:
Self Control: [blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 2, 10, 9, total 21[/blockquote]

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Burke nods his agreement and smiles a little, slightly relieved that this night wasn't going to go down in a way he'd regret.

"We need to get Tomaz something. The rest of us will be alright, but he's going to lose it if we don't get him something to drink. Suggestions? I don't want to leave him tied up here any longer than necessary. Not to mention, we've got shit to do. I'll fill you in on the particulars later; but how do we get him fed, fast?"

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
Abigail jumps to her feet when Adrian enters the motel room, turning to face him. Her jaw clenches when he mentions the woman's death. The fucking nerve. What does he know? I damn well saved our asses. She was killing him. She was going to kill us. Arrogant little...

She closes her eyes briefly, taking a long, dead breath of air into her. Seconds later she exhales, and opens her eyes, loosening her jaw. Her face becomes a passive wall.

She pulls the motel notepad from the bag at her hip, and scribbles something in blue pen onto the sheet. Tearing it loose, Abigail grabs Burke's hand and plants the note firmly in his palm.

She turns on her heel and marches out the door and into the night, bumping her shoulder against Adrian's as she passes.

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Burke blinks, perplexed, and looks at the note in his hand. His forehead knots as he reads.
Burke pulls out his iPhone and taps out something on the screen, appearing momentarily oblivious to the others in the room. After about 10 seconds, he returns his phone to his pocket and looks at Adrian, still expecting a reply to his previous query.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 01:59:11 AM by Malavis »

Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
    • Aydoodle
Gwendolyn sighs at the increased noise in the room as it breaks her concentration. She runs her hand through her hair turning and trying to focus more now that she is sensing the environment around her.

"Why not just let him feed a little from all of us? It worked when he was norma --- huma --- alive. Then no one has to die or find someone to die or kill someone or death."
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 02:30:39 AM by Aydoo »

Offline Friktion

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 327
Adrian takes the shoulder bump from Abigail.  After she storms out he looks at Burke and winks, "Strike a nerve?"

"Hmm the idea of each of us chipping blood in to him is kind of unnerving to me.  Besides, would that cause some kind of weird concoction to form inside of him?"

Adrian sits down on the bed lost in thought.

"Prince wanted to see me and I'm guessing the rest of you as well.  We can't show up with him tied up or raging yet I won't actively be responsible for somebodies death.  However, I also won't stop one of you from doing it.  It's just outside of my..."  Adrian trails off as he stands up wildly looking around.

"Where's the chick driving my...?" Adrian glares at the bald man.

Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
    • Aydoodle
Gwendolyn frowns at Adrian's enquiry.

"She fell. Lots of darkness. Scary, inky, living, grab you in the dark, darkness."


She covers her face and mumbles what could be heard as "Death. Darkness." Whatever happened is obviously still a sore spot and is (more so than usual) disturbing her.

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
Gary shakes his head as he hears Gwen speak.

"We were dumping the corpse at some bridge further into the woods, tossed it over the side into the river. Something from below the bridge, dont ask me how, grabbed Sherie and dragged her under. Nothing we could do about it except get out of there as fast as possible before it grabbed us too. Oh, one other thing, if you hit 50 mph your car will whistle. You can thank crazy over there for that." He points a thumb towards Gwen as he mentions crazy.

"Also, i think it would be a remarkably bad idea for me to talk to the police. At the very least they will try to give me a medical examination, and we all know what that's going to turn out like."

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Burke looks up from his pacing around the room when Gary speaks.

"Whistle? Why would it whistle...?"
Let's hope gwen doesn't get her panties in a twist over that 'crazy' line, or we'll be here all day.

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
"Cause there's a hole in the roof. Appearently she's been hiding a gun, which she made me aware of at the dumbest fucking moment," Gary sneers.

"Speaking of drinks...i dont suppose we can still drink...drink? you know, gin, wodka, whatever? I could really use a drink right now."
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 11:20:10 AM by Isador »

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Burke rubs the bridge of his nose exasperatedly.

"And with it, she shot a hole in the roof?"

Burke turns on Gwen, frustrated. His tone, however, when he speaks, is calm and even. At least, it is at first, until it begins to pick up momentum into a shout.

"Really, Gwen? Is there a conceivable reason why you would need to shoot a hole in Adrian's car, a man who let you go joyriding in his vehicle- to his own peril, I might add? Consider how much damage a simple 911 call from Adrian could have done in that moment. It would have seen BOTH you and Gary spending a very short night in a prison with a nice easterly view of the sunrise. Or perhaps Gary ending up in a specimen dish while you get to give the high-howdy to the breaking dawn. You two didn't even consider that, did you? I'm sure Adrian thought about it! I'm sure, were I in his situation, I would have! Don't you think we all owe him a little better than that??" He punctuates his point by flinging the remote control off of the bedside table and letting it clatter against the far wall. Burke sighs, and sits down.

His eyes scan the room, falling particularly on Gwen, Tomaz, and then Gary, respectively.
"If we want to survive the week, we need to stop being so goddamned reckless. And if any of you want my help, you've got to prove you're able to keep a lid on things. If shit starts going sour, I need people I can rely on."
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 11:34:47 AM by Malavis »

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
"HEY, dont push that shit onto me damnit! I'm doing my best here but i sure as hell didn't ASK to be put in the same vehicle as psycho over there! As a matter of fact, if it wasn't for me it wouldn't just be SHERIE to be grabbed by some monster hiding out in the woods!"

Gary's practically fuming at this point.

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
"No one told you to go with her, Gary. You got up here well enough tonight, it would have been EASIER last night. You could have left her to clean up her own mess and let Darwin take care of the details- and then we wouldn't be short a Sherie. And besides, I watched you punch through a van door. You're telling me you couldn'tve stopped her from playing auntie oaklie on the roof of Adrian's car? Seriously."

Burke sighs and looks at the floor for a moment then looks up, obviously regretting having spoken in haste.

"Look, Gary. I'm sorry for flying off the handle like that. We just have enough to deal with without all of this insanity. How do you think it's going to look when I go to get the car repaired? Or when we have a massive blood stain to deal with on checkout?"

Gabriel looks genuinely weary, and looks up at Gary, finally deciding it's time for the truth.

"Listen. There's something you guys need to know. I stuck around for a few minutes after you guys left. I'm sure you noticed that. What you don't know is that I spent that time talking with the prince. He's made me responsible for ensuring that the masquerade is upheld and that I keep an eye on you. He has left me with the dubious honor of making the final call on whether or not all of you make the cut- that is, whether you can hack it as members of the Camarilla. That was him that I talked to on the phone late last night- and Abigail is now my agent, sent as a promise from the prince to prove that he's backing our play.
My point in saying this is that I don't want to have to give the prince a negative verdict on anyone, and I'd just as soon see this weight get lifted from my fucking shoulders; But I will if I have to. We start screwing up here on any bigger of a scale than we have been, and we're going to have a whole lot of hurt descend on the guilty party. If that means I have to name one shit disturber to save the rest of us from the axe, then that's something I'm prepared to do. I pray I don't have to, but I fucking swear that I will."

Burke rubs his forehead.

"Please, let's cut back on the craziness so I don't have to make the wrong call, alright? The only way to win is for all of us to play nice and stop making waves. God knows that getting used to all of this this is hard enough as it is, am I right?"