collapse

Author Topic: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony  (Read 13830 times)

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
Abigail raises an eyebrow at Gwen's attempt at sign language, not sure if she is trying to be sincere or a mocking bitch. Putting her phone in her pocket, she gestures in return. Her hands are a fluid tanglement of symbols and actions.

Spoiler for Hiden:
On the off chance somebody DOES understand sign language, Abby signs: No, I can't fucking talk, what does it look like? I swear to christ if you don't get this and you're just fucking with me I'm going to hit you.

Abigail's hands fall to her side after the motions, and she is still. Her eyes glare forward at Gwen.

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Burke gets nothing out of the sign language, but attempts to read her intent from her motions and her facial expression, wondering if what she did to the pile of ash on the floor, if he is about to witness another gutting...
Spoiler for Hiden:
Per+Emp [blockquote]Rolled 6d10 : 5, 8, 10, 7, 6, 6, total 42[/blockquote]

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Gabriel clearly reads that she is trying to figure out whether gwen is taunting her, and that, if she is, Abby is not going to behave amicably. He puts a hand on her shoulder softly to calm her, and turns to Gwen.

"I have not heard her speak since we met. It's quite alright. She is very capable in other regards." Burke's eyes are pleading, imploring Gwen to stop poking the bear with a stick.

Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
    • Aydoodle
Spoiler for Hiden:
Int + Linguistics[blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 10, 1, 2, total 13[/blockquote]

Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
    • Aydoodle
"Yes yes I do like games, what about you?"

She turns to Burke smiling.

"I like her shes funny."

Then replies to his comment about her.

"Kay."

Turning back towards the window looking outside again.

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
The tension goes out of Burke's shoulders as the danger fades, and the slight increase in grip that Burke had put on abigail's shoulder fades. He lets his hand rest for a moment longer and looks to her with an apology in his eyes, clearly relieved that Abigail didn't rip the girl apart.

He gives her a small nod, pats her lightly as he lets go of her shoulder, and then goes over to Tomaz. Burke pokes him lightly with a shoe before he sits down on the bed and puts his head in his hands.

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
Abigail clenches her jaw when Gwen turns away, her fists balled up at her sides.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Self-Control: [blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 9, 7, 10, total 26[/blockquote]

Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
    • Aydoodle
Gwen stares intently out the window,
Spoiler for Hiden:
[HS on]
watching as everything goes by. She starts humming to herself which sounds surprisingly like a Katie Perry song, and listens acutely to the conversations in the room, and most likely Gary bitching in the shower. A few times she closes her eyes to concentrate more on the sounds of the world rather than the sights, and take in and process all the information she can about her surroundings.

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Burke's anxiety starts to return as he looks down at the body on the floor, now that he no longer has anything to distract himself with.

"This is taking too long. Did I do something wrong....?"

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
Abigail manages to relax herself at Burke's touch. Coming out of her rage, she gives Burke a sheepish glance, as if realizing how childish her actions had been. He seemed to have some kind of gift - a way of getting through to people. That's all it was.

She follows Burke over to Tomaz's corpse, ignoring the headcase at the window.

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Burke is lost in his own head as he stares at the man on the floor.
How can I want this man to die so badly, but be completely unable to bring harm to him? He should just die here on the floor. It will save him all of this torment...

He curses himself inwardly for his weakness and runs his hand through his short-cropped hair.

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
Tomaz remains Dormant on the floor , tied up his cheeks pressing down on the fibers of the soiled carpet, beneath the dried blood crusting against the paling skin of his neck area it seems as though the wounds slowly begins closing, animating in near quivering stillness.

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Burke looks up and begins to watch Tomaz carefully when he sees the man's wounds begin to knit. He looks on, fearful, hopeful.

Offline Azrael

  • Apathetic Toreador
  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 266
Tomaz stands alone in the foyer, smiling and breathing deeply of the cool mountain air coming through the windows.

He looks around at the interior of his Great-Grandfather's villa in Portugal.

His clothes are clean and mended, his hair combed. He accepts the new surroundings and attire with the ethereal disregard for logic inherent to dreams.

He walks over to the window and looks out. The sun is warm on his face. It isn't midday yet, but the vineyard is empty.
Strange. he thinks briefly, but before the thought can fully form it slips away like so much cloudstuff.

Tomaz looks back inside at the empty room.

"Oy! Bisavô? Onde estás?" Nobody answers.

Tomaz leaves the foyer and wanders into the kitchen. His Great-Grandfather Ben sits at the wooden table, cup of wine in hand and jug of more beside him on the floor. He smokes a hand-rolled cigarette and wears a fedora. His reading glasses sit on the tip of his nose. He glances up at Tomaz from his paperback copy of 'Balthazar and Blimunda' and smiles.

"Neto, bon dia. Como estás?" He motions with his chin for Tomaz to across from him. Tomaz does so.

"Good morning." Tomaz replies in Portuguese. He glances at the cup in the other man's hand. "Bit early for wine, don't you think?"

Ben smiles. "Never too early for good wine boy. Have some." He sets down his paperback, which is now 'The Importance of Being Earnest', and gets another glass from the cupboard. Tomaz finds a lit cigarette in his hand and takes a drag as Ben fills his glass from the jug, then sits back down.

Tomaz sits and scrutinizes his Great-Grandfather for a moment. "You look exactly like in the pictures Mother used to show me."

Ben scoffs good-naturedly. "And how else should I look?"

Tomaz shrugs.

Ben drags on his cigarette. "How is little Nonny these days?"

"Who, you mean Mom? She's good last I heard. Her and pop finally got that beach house. Been bugging me to visit for weeks now."

Ben nods thoughtfully. "You should visit them. It doesn't do to neglect your family, boy. You'll only have so much time with them."

Tomaz nods slowly. "Well I suppose you would know, being dead and all."

Ben laughs. "Yes I suppose I would. How's work?"

Tomaz drags on his cigarette and frowns. "Not so good. The studio is HOUNDING me to get going on this new project, citing contractual obligation, but I just...I want to do something...I don't know...REAL, you know? I want to make a real statement. I always promised myself I wouldn't lose myself in the shuffle and the cash and the parties and...Now I don't know. I've been trying so hard to live in the moment, that I think I may have missed it entirely."

Ben's eyes sparkle behind his glasses. "Seems to me you know exactly what needs doing." He removes his glasses and puts them down on the paperback (which is now 'War and Peace'). He rubs his eyes and replaces them.

Tomaz looks at Ben sideways. "Bisavô, if we'd ever met, do you think you would've liked me?"

Ben scoffs. "And why would I not? You make your family proud. You rise to every challenge. You'll rise to this one too, I know it."

"What do you mean?"

"You'll find out, boy. Point is, I know that no matter what you find yourself doing, you'll be the best at it there ever was, if set your mind to it. And so it will be with this."

"What are you talking about?"

Ben glances at his watch. "It'll be time to way up soon, boy. Drink your wine."

Tomaz takes his cup and brings it to his lips. He takes a sip and recoils instinctively. He looks at the cup.

Its full of blood.

Ben laughs at his surprise. "Good luck out there boy. I'm sure you'll do just fine." He picks up his paperback,
'The Once and Future King', and goes back to reading.

Tomaz jumps to his feet. "What are you saying? What do I do now!?"

Ben glances up at him. "You wake up."

Tomaz awakes on the motel-room floor, screaming.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 07:52:05 AM by Azrael »
- az

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Burke breathes a sigh of complete relief, while simultaneously jumping in fear at the man's sudden burst of activity.

Burke gets down close to the man's side, fear knotting his brow. Not wanting to get too close, he leans in a little closer. His voice is soothing, baritone and even.

"Shhh!! Shhhh. Easy now. It's Burke. It's 'boss.' Relax. Just be calm, Tomaz. You're safe. Can you hear me?"