collapse

Author Topic: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony  (Read 13104 times)

Offline Malavis

• Antediluvian
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC- Ch 1.3.1 - Night 3- The 7th Guest at the Sign of the Prancing pony
« Reply #135 on: August 04, 2011, 08:27:00 AM »
Burke lets Adrian take the lead on this one, but chimes in to show that he is backing the man's play.

"Adrian's right. If we want to survive this whole thing, we need to be church mice until midnight.
Your help in that regard would go a long way towards making sure nothing goes south. The choice is yours, Gwen." He lets his words hang for just a moment, levelling his eyes at her to hopefully impress the importance home.

"Now I'm not sure how much of our conversation you actually heard, but we are about to head back to my place here in cavern to change and get a second car. I'm not sure what size you are, but I might have something for you ladies if you need to change. Aside from that, it's a safe place to hide out for a few hours.
As much as I'm enjoying this conversation, I suggest we switch locales as soon as possible: Crime shows can only keep people from putting two and two together on a missing persons report for so long, and I am allergic to jail time, so... Don't think I'm unsympathetic to why you just blew your own face off, but can we focus on getting out of here before we talk about our feelings? Our continued survival is of paramount concern to me right now. Sorta my job, yknow."

Burke returns to scrubbing the last of the blood stain from the floor, hoping to lead this one by example.

Offline Voidshaper

• Ancillus
« Reply #136 on: August 04, 2011, 08:16:35 PM »
Abigail blinks after Gwen slides out of the handshake. Well, that closes one door. Heaving a silent sigh, she shuffles around the bed, being careful not to step in any of the mess that remains on the floor. Abigail walks past Burke and Adrian into the doorway of the bathroom, giving them each a defeated look as if she had just been grounded from the high school prom.

Reaching into a pocket within her jacket, she produces a purple gel pen and passively hands it to Tomaz, not seeming to pay attention to his conversation with the no-doubt disreputables on the other end.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 08:19:29 PM by Voidshaper »

Offline Isador

• Methuselah
« Reply #137 on: August 08, 2011, 04:42:08 PM »
Even through the sheet you can see Gary shaking his head. He's not at all thrilled with the situation, but he doesn't have much choice. He squints his eyes for a moment...appearently puzzled by something.

Before too long, he had made up his mind and walks over to Gwen. Being under the sheet, it's impossible to gauge his expression other than listening to his voice.  "Listen, do you remember with Sherie in the car, you two mentioned something about your abilities to avoid being noticed? As you may have guessed from earlier, i'm not that good at it. Figure you could try and teach me a thing or two about how you do it? Might allow me to do it on the move, which would mean a whole lot of less bullshit to deal with."

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #138 on: August 11, 2011, 09:05:04 AM »
Burke can sense his Cellphone ringing despite the loud TV noise

Offline Aydoo

• Antediluvian
    • Aydoodle
« Reply #139 on: August 11, 2011, 04:45:19 PM »
Gwen stares at the lumpy ghost in bewilderment.

"I don't really know. I figured everyone was just ignoring me as usual. It made me feel really small. Try thinking really small?"

She tries to ponder her explanation and delve for more, but ends up with a symphony of science.

"Like you are a tiny insignificant speck of dust, on a tiny insignificant ball of dirt, in a tiny insignificant ammount of space, among the other billions and billions of specks in the universe?"

Offline Malavis

• Antediluvian
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
« Reply #140 on: August 11, 2011, 11:33:51 PM »
Burke ducks quickly into the hallway after raising an eyebrow at Gwen's description of hiding herself from notice. As he goes, he gives the others their best "NO FUCKING ANTICS" look.

He answers the phone, attempting to appear collected and strong, if a bit tired over the late hour.
Spoiler for Hiden:
[blockquote]Rolled 6d10 : 4, 8, 2, 4, 10, 10, total 38[/blockquote]

Offline Malavis

• Antediluvian
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
« Reply #141 on: August 11, 2011, 11:35:19 PM »
Flawlessly selling it, Burke shakes the phone a bit, as though to indicate it was on a bedside table or something.

"Gabriel speaking."

Offline Friktion

• Methuselah
« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2011, 04:52:41 PM »
Adrian watches Burke as he sneaks outside to take his mysterious phone call.  He ignores the others as his mind races through the possibilities of what might happen next. 

Have their shenanigans been discovered?

Adrian mulls over the option of pressing his ear to the door to try to pick up the conversation, but soon dismisses the idea.  It is far too loud in the room in order for him to be able to pick anything up.  Besides, Burke has acted decently thus far, the information will probably be shared.

Adrian pauses and looks at his phone with his new contact in it.  He wonders what roll she is going to play in his life.  A safe house in this area might not be such a bad idea.

He texts her: What time do you get off tonight?

A few moments and buzzing sounds later, Adrian perks up.  "Do you guys have any mode of transportation aside from my car?  Can someone come get you or is this pretty much your only option?"
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 08:18:05 PM by Friktion »

Offline Malavis

• Antediluvian
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2011, 09:32:12 PM »
As Burke approaches the door, you hear him say something that could be:
"Thank you. Just hold it together till monday. I'll see you then, and thanks again for the offer."

Burke re-enters, his phone call apparently finished, and he looks around the room to find everyone STILL standing around. He takes a moment to look impatient, then goes into the bathroom and snatches his phone back from Tomaz.

"We have to go. Now. Who feels comfortable riding a motorcycle in november? 6 people in the car, it's either that or put someone in the trunk. We're simply out of time- and staying here any longer than we have to is suicide."

Offline Isador

• Methuselah
« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2011, 10:20:02 PM »
Gary scratches his head from under the sheet. "I'll call dibs on the rear seat, as i figure having casper the friendly ghost driving around on a motor cycle wouldn't be a good plan right now." He motions for the door, waiting for the others to follow burke. He really doesn't want to go downstairs first.

Offline Malavis

• Antediluvian
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2011, 10:40:03 PM »
Burke turns to Adrian, nodding cordially to him.

"Would you be able to bring the car around by any chance? I'll make sure we get these misfits out the side door without incident."

Burke says the word "misfits" with a bit of a smile, noting Gary with the sheet over his head and smirking. The thought of him on a motorcycle with a sheet over his head almost sends him into a fit of laughter again- but then he remembers how real things are about to get...

Offline Voidshaper

• Ancillus
« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2011, 03:01:43 AM »
Before she can give Tomaz the pen, Burke has already snatched the phone back from him.

Guess the shit's hit the fan on the other end of whoever Burke was playing telephone tag with. It dawns on her that the 'other end' might actually be the Prince, which might actually involve their own hides. They were cutting their meeting tight...

When she hears Burke mention the motorcycle, Abigail raises her hand nonchalantly. She wasn't the greatest, but they didn't need to know that. She remembers riding double with her uncle down the mountain roads between the city and their camp every weekend when she was younger. How different could it be, right?

Offline Malavis

• Antediluvian
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2011, 03:51:13 AM »
Burke nods to Abigail.

"Works for me, thanks, Abigail. That jacket looks warmer than the shirt I'm wearing- plus I think a stiff breeze will cause it to fall apart."

He smiles a charming smile to her, one that still indicates that he is stressed, but trying to remain friendly. He gestures to his trashed button up shirt and smirks in spite of himself.

What a strange fucking trip this has been.

Offline Friktion

• Methuselah
« Reply #148 on: August 17, 2011, 09:07:22 PM »
Adrian reaches in his pocket and tosses the keys to Burke.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I honestly don't remember if I ever got the car keys back, I'm proceeding on the assumption that I did.

"Here, you guys need it more than I do.  I have another ride lined up." He winks to Burke.  "Besides, from the sound of things, it's not like you guys can do a whole heck of a lot more to it at this point."

Adrian opens up his cell phone again.

"Just in case shit hits the fan though, can I get your - and anyone else - cellphone numbers?"

Despite the fifty-fifty chance of possibly having to cab it later, Adrian puts on a confident grin.  "And don't let Tomaz hock my GPS system."

Offline Malavis

• Antediluvian
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
« Reply #149 on: August 17, 2011, 11:39:14 PM »
Burke chuckles, accepting the keys.

"We'll return this to you, fixed, in a very short time. Or if you'd prefer, we can give it to you at elysium tonight and arrange to repair it later. In any case, I'll go bring the car around."

Burke reaches into his pocket and pulls out a rather crumpled business card.

- Burke Communications and Affiliates
Gabriel Burke, Marketing Director.-

It has his phone number and e-mail address on it.

Burke communications is an up-and-coming major telecommunications company- think AT&T, but on a smaller scale. The company's heir, who you now realize to be named Gabriel, is known as something of a wild card, and there is concern with shareholders that if he does not clean up his act and start actually doing his job, someone on the board of directors may wrest majority share from him when his father retires. This has been all over the tabloid newspapers recently, as Gabe's father was recently diagnosed with lung cancer, calling the future of this company into doubt.