collapse

Author Topic: IC- Ch.1.0  (Read 15209 times)

Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
    • Aydoodle
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2011, 12:05:07 AM »
The sound of the road luls Gwendolyn into a trance as she stares out the window watching the world go by. It feels like home. The hum of the engine a warm blanket of sound encompassing the entirety of existance.

In an instant its gone; shattered by explosions, gunshots, and screams.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Courage [blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 5, 4, 7, 10, total 26[/blockquote]
then

Wits + Survival [blockquote]Rolled 6d10 : 3, 10, 3, 6, 8, 4, total 34[/blockquote]

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2011, 12:32:33 AM »
As more bullets hit the front the Engine fire's Intensifys to the point where anyone who ever watched Action-TV flicks can tell that the taxi is going to blow any second now.

From the darkness The shooter's motorcycle is approaching at maximum speed, its single evil looking headlight is glaring on the fast moving asphalt.

The Rider manuvers to pass by the Taxi's now exposed bottom.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Those with HS active can see that he is slowing down aiming the SMG at somewhere along the bottom

Spoiler for Hiden:
Quick Initiative for Malavis,Aydoo,Isador,Azrael and Username in that order(5 dice corrosponding to 5 players:
[blockquote]Rolled 5d10 : 4, 1, 10, 2, 9, total 26[/blockquote]

Enemy Initiatives:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d10 : 9, 9, total 18[/blockquote]
Init mods: 6


Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
    • Aydoodle
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2011, 12:38:13 AM »
After bouncing around the cabin like a ping pong ball, and the initial shock of the explosion, Gwendolyn manages to steel her composure and work at escape. The heat of the exploded engine bares down on her, pushing at the beast within her chest. It screams to get out, to be free, coiling around her heart squeezing and tightening. As Burke breaks the back window, she manages to crawl from under a large peice of the demolished vehicle and through the open window over the guantlet of cumpled metal and broken glass.

"Fuck fuck fuck... always something..." She grunts as she tries to lift herself up from the back of the vehicle, but stumbles and falls flat on her face noticing the heat hasn't subsided.

"What?" She looks down noticing her pants leg is burning slowly and that her lower left calf is starting to get some what  charred.

"Shiiiiiiiiiaiiieeett!!" She howls as she begins to roll and pat at the leg to try to put it out.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Stamina to Soak the Damage from the crash [blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 6, 10, 7, total 23[/blockquote]

{Rad how much damage from the crash + the small unsoakable fire damage as it had not been burning long}

Courage to deal with fire [blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 5, 5, 4, 3, total 17[/blockquote]

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2011, 12:39:41 AM »
Burke shoves Tomaz from behind, trying to get him to move faster through the underbrush. He slows for a moment and glances back at the car, spotting the driver's next move. His mouth silently forms the words "Holy shit!" before he turns away and runs for it. He momentarily mourns for those still inside, remembering the passage he read on the destructive effects of fire on kindred.
The motorcycles' headlight has now passed by him, so he uses the sound as cover and breaks into a full-out sprint for Gary and Sherie. He hopes that Tomaz follows, but at this point, he feels he's done enough to help the man.

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2011, 12:58:32 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Damage from the crash is 1b unsoakable(it comes with pre-emptive soaking if you will) as stated.
Only Someone with fortitude would have 0 damage in that case.

Damage from the small fire is 1A(assuming its like level 1 Lure of flames)

« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 01:00:55 AM by Radical21 »

Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
    • Aydoodle
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2011, 01:14:55 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Kay. Just needed to know if there was movement hinderance.

After a moment of rolling around and flailing, Gwendolyn manages to get away from the burning pants by way of slipping them off and scrambling away. Unable to keep her composure anymore she panics, and runs towards the forest the outside her leg still smoldering and glowing red where it had been burned. Once she enters the tree line, she tries to find a place to hide and cool off.

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2011, 03:34:36 AM »
Sherie struggles to catch a glimpse of Gary as he crashes through the underbrush ahead of her.  "Hey" she hisses, hoping that the sound of the approaching motorcycle would conceal her voice from everyone but Gary.  "Stop for just a minute, we don't even know where this le--" she stops short when her toes catch a treet root, nearly causing her to fall on her face.  Steading herself with a nearby tree trunk, then stopping entirely, she tries to come up with a better plan than just running blindly through the woods.

She becomes aware of an aching pain in her leg, but it isn't from the tree root.  For the first time, she realizes that she was injured in the crash.  Remembering how the others were able to "will" their injuries away, Sherie concentrates on the pain and hopes that something will happen.
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2011, 09:09:51 PM »
Gary stumbles ahead, his mind a blur of motion and terror. He hears things behind him, the footsteps of others following, the faint sound of someone calling his name, the sound of more gunfire, but he isn't listening. All thats important is getting away, as quickly and as far as possible.

[blockquote]Rolled 4d10>7 : 1, 2, 3, 1, total 0[/blockquote]

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2011, 09:17:45 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Gonna act in accordance with above epic fail ;D Rad, if you disagree feel free to notify me, i'll edit it

As Gary stumbles forward, it's not long before a treeroot catches his right foot. He falls down flat on his face with a thud, groaning as a sharp pain stabs through his heel. He tries to get up, but the combination of his sore muscles and the pain in his foot prevent him from getting back up his feet. His panic raises even more now that he realises that he cant even run away from his pursuers. He drags himself towards the side of the tree who's root he fell over, curling up into a ball with his hands covering his head. A single thought keeps racing through his head "God dont let them see me, dont let them see me, dont let them see me". Instinctually, his fear triggers his Obfuscate, causing him to cloak himself, even though he doesn't realise it.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Gary is now cloaked in lvl 1 Obfuscate


Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2011, 03:00:20 AM »
Those who notice beyond the chaos and the fire may notice that other light at the edge of the darkness on the road head starts to move closer.

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2011, 05:35:48 AM »
Wincing from the effort and concentration, she feels the dull ache in her chest grow into a searing pain, then fading quickly.  Poking two fingers through the hole in the middle of her shirt, she discovers that her skin is again intact.  The ribs are still a little tender, and her leg still hurts, but she feels a little better.  As soon as the burning pain subsides in her chest, it reemerges as a gnawing intensity in her stomach.  Something primal inside of her suddenly feels a bit restless, almost like...hunger.

Shaking away the feeling, she notices that Gary is no longer making a racket further into the forrest.  Figuring that he had heard her, she turns her attention back towards the road.  Straining to spot any kind of movement that might be Burke or the others, she instead notices what seems to be headlights approaching the overturned van.  "Burke!" she hisses, "where are you?"
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2011, 02:35:41 AM »
Burke is sprinting headlong through the underbrush while the sound of the motorcycle is still close enough to cover the sound of his movements. When he hears Sherie trying to find him, he replies with a whispered "Over here!" and hopes that she will be able to echolocate. He turns and tries to follow the sound of her voice. In his haste, he almost sprints headlong into Sherie when he barrels around a particularly large tree.
"Holy shit!" He gasps, his hands instinctively coming up in front of his face. His panic morphs into a warm, relieved smile when he sees that Sherie is alright.
"Sorry. I'm here. Had to go back for him." He gestures to Tomaz, who follows close behind.
Burke looks around, nervous.
"Where's Gary? I saw Gwen got out- well.. Almost none the worse for wear- besides her pants. but I haven't seen Thomas at all... They killed the driver."
Burke holds in his hand an extraction hammer, the kind with a sharp point designed for breaking windshields and car windows. He clasps it tightly as though afraid of having to use it.
"I can't believe this is happening."

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2011, 03:07:35 AM »
Relieved to see that Burke and Thomaz seem at least capable of running, she glances deeper into the forrest to see if Gary is anywhere to be found.  "He couldn't have gone too far.  They'll be looking for us.  Maybe we could....I dunno, zig zag or paralle the road or something to throw them off."  She sees the device in Burke hand, but doesn't recognize it.  "What's that?"
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2011, 03:33:08 AM »
Burke regards the object in his hand as though seeing it for the first time. It is a heavy plastic and steel hammer with a 2 inch spike protruding from one end and a small blade for cutting a seatbelt on the other. It is matte black except for the spike and the blade themselves.

"It was in the car. Seemed better than bare hands at least. I was surprised with the hardware the other guys have that our driver didn't at least have a handgun, but oh well. There was a tire iron too." Burke motions to Tomaz who is likely wielding it in some comic fashion.

"We need to get our bearings. I don't think we're much safer even if we get away from them." Burke pats the leather laptop bag over his shoulder.
"The book I've been reading mentions that vampires are creatures of the city but that 'others' own the forests. I have no idea what 'others' are, exactly, but I'm in no hurry to find out." Burke looks around for gary, trying to spot him hiding or moving around in the underbrush.
"By that same token, they may hesitate to come into the forest for fear of these 'others.' I have a feeling we'll know soon enough. Know any other tricks besides chatting with animals that might help us? I don't think these guys are going to want to talk, so my abilities aren't going to be of too much use."
Burke narrows his eyes at a clump of ferns in the direction he last saw gary running.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I feel like I should roll my Perception+Subterfuge against Gary's Manipulation Subterfuge First, and then Perception Alertness to actually spot gary in the underbrush. (assuming our obfuscate and auspex scores are the same. Mine is 1.) Isador plz let me know if your obfuscate is higher than 1 and these rolls will be considered moot. :)

First roll: Perception + Subterfuge @ Diff 7 (To Pierce Gary's Obfuscate, gary plz roll manipulation+subterfuge diff 7- Most successes wins.)
[blockquote]Rolled 5d10>6 : 10, 6, 2, 7, 4, total 17[/blockquote]
Second Roll: Perception + Alertness (To spot Gary in the underbrush), storyteller determines difficulty.
[blockquote]Rolled 5d10 : 4, 5, 2, 3, 10, total 24[/blockquote]

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2011, 03:56:52 AM »
She feels a slight chill when Burke brings up the "others" that were mentioned in the old book.  Looking down at herself, she decides that she needs to arm herself in some way.  She crouches down, hoping to find a suitable tree branch to use as a club in case their attackers catch up with them.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Perception + Survival vs diff at ST discretion
[blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 10, 8, 1, total 19[/blockquote]
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET