collapse

Author Topic: IC- Ch.1.0  (Read 15205 times)

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 07:43:17 PM »
Gary freezes the moment he hears someone say "shh", first because of the shock of hearing something unexpected, but then as he realises it's sherie trying to help him get out of his seat. He drops to the ground, tensing up as he hears the sound of vehicles. For a moment he remains still as he grasps the situation. "Out! Everyone, get out of the car!" He tries to open the door, with force if needs be.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Pre-emptive roll, incase the door is blocked or twisted and stuck. [blockquote]Rolled 2d10 : 5, 9, total 14[/blockquote]

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 08:56:58 PM »
Burke looks around quickly for Tomaz, suddenly realizing he is not among them. Panic overtakes him but he decides that he has to look out for himself for the time being. He takes his place behind Sherie in preparation to jump out of the vehicle. As if just remembering it, he grabs his leather shoulder bag from the passenger seat and slides into the back again.

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2011, 02:26:43 PM »
[blockquote]Rolled 5d10>7 : 6, 6, 6, 5, 3, total 0[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 5d10>7 : 1, 5, 5, 5, 5, total 0[/blockquote]

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2011, 02:38:29 PM »
small sounds of richochette and dents hitting  the front  of the side tipped minivan can be heard, they sound very small compared to the exploasion that occured moments ago.
One of the bullets hit the already dead's driver's chest puncturing a bloody hole in his blue shirt.

Those perceptive enough can spot the small muzzle flares in the distance along the road where two bright car lights are.
One of the lights is closing in.

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2011, 04:53:55 PM »
Burke falls forward and curls up into a little ball, crying out. Some of his shouting is cut off by the pings of the bullets ricocheting around the cab.

"...Fucking shooting at us!! ...Got to get out of here, they'll fucking tear us to shreds!! FUCK!" Burke crawls away from the gunfire towards the very back of the cab, realizing that the others are going to take at least a few more seconds getting through the doors. He hesitates there, looking around (and picking up anything of potential use) before another volley of gunfire hammers the cab. Panic overtaking him, he feels power fill his limbs in a way he has never experienced before. Were he still alive, he would assume it was simple adrenaline, but this was something different. Burke pauses for a moment to cry out:
"They're shooting at us from the front- got to get out the back! This way!"
Letting his panic fuel his movements rather than make them leaden, Burke dives with all his body weight towards the back window of the cab, pushing hard off of the back set of seats.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spending 1BP to raise my strength, and attempting to dive through the window and out. I'm going to guess Str+Athletics, but if you want a different roll, let me know.
Also, did I find anything in the front seat section of the van or in the back?
[blockquote]Rolled 5d10 : 6, 8, 5, 1, 7, total 27[/blockquote] (Up to Rad to determine difficulty.)

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2011, 05:07:49 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Judging by that roll, I'm going to assume success. Rad, feel free to chime in with a "DENIED" if you don't feel that roll was good enough/the back window was plexi lined or something, lol. *whack* and I'll retcon it. Otherwise see below.

Burke punches through the glass with a grunt from the force of the impact, but the glass gives and he hits the pavement hard. It was a slightly longer drop than he expected, and he grits his teeth as tiny glass fragments punch their way into his forearms when he hits the ground. Rolling once, he flattens himself up against the back of the van, in comparative cover for the time being. Pausing for a moment to catch his breath, he calls out "Come on, come on!" to the others before ducking back into cover. Burke then looks at his surroundings outside the Van, searching for other potential threats, escape routes, points of cover, Tomaz, and anything that might get them out of this mess alive.

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2011, 05:09:11 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Enabling heightened senses (Sight only, god knows Burke's ears are probably already hurting from the gunshots, lol)
Per+Alertness roll, ST determined diff: (Reduced by HS- I don't know if you prescribe to the whole "precognative insights" bit from the core rulebook, that sometimes HS gives you a sense of foreboding etc when being used in dangerous situations, but it's up to you if I perceive anything extrasensory.
[blockquote]Rolled 5d10 : 9, 8, 6, 8, 1, total 32[/blockquote]

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2011, 03:24:52 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Initial reaction...
[blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 5, 2, 7, 4, total 18[/blockquote]
Getting out...
[blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 5, 7, 7, total 19[/blockquote]
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2011, 03:34:36 AM »
After helping Gary get out of his restraints, she turns to free herself.  Unfastening the buckle, she holds onto the seat in front of her to keep from falling.  She reaches up and grabs onto the frame of the shattered window above her.  An odd "plink, plink" sound distracts her for a moment, but she realizes what is happening when she sees the driver's body twitch as a fresh wound erupts on his chest.  "Wait...we're, wait..." she mutters to nobody in particular, feeling an encroaching sense of panic.  Her attention is gain redirected when she hears Burke's voice from outside the van.  She quickly lifts herself up and over the window ledge, onto the top (side) of the van.  Trying to stay as low as she can, she swings her legs over the side (bottom) and drops to the ground on the opposite side as the approaching headlights.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 03:36:37 AM by _username »
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2011, 04:24:06 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Assuming i get through the door

Gary manages to get the door loose, pushing against it and freeing the way to get out. He hops out, practically falling over himself in his haste as he hears bullets impacting on the van. He immediately charges into the forests with his hands over his head as more shots impact the metal, whining incomprehencibly as he goes. He runs into the woods in a blind panic, nothing on his mind but survival.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 04:27:19 PM by Isador »

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2011, 07:32:10 AM »
Watching Gary rush off into the forrest spurs a strong desire to run.  She takes half a step towards where he disappeared between the trees, then she stops.  Glancing over at Burke, she has a hard time making out his form in the shadows.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Conscience + Empathy squares off against Wits + Survival:
[blockquote]Rolled 4d10>7 : 4, 1, 3, 8, total 8[/blockquote]
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2011, 07:35:39 AM »
"C'mon" she hisses at Burke.  Not waiting for his response, she sprints into the forrest, doing her best to follow the sound of Gary as he retreats deeper into cover.
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2011, 04:05:46 AM »
[blockquote]Rolled 5d10>7 : 10, 1, 2, 1, 1, total 10[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 5d10>7 : 1, 2, 10, 10, 5, total 20[/blockquote]

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2011, 05:49:54 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Sorry for the delay guys- I moved this weekend, so I didn't have internet.

Burke curses, throwing his arms up in the air and makes a break for the forest where he saw Gary go.
"Let's not make a plan or anything, yknow!"

Burke breaks for the trees, running low, and does his best to catch up with Sherie.
Low-hanging tree branches whip at his face, driving his eyes downward as he runs blindly. He tries to spot Sherie somewhere in the underbrush, but does not immediately spot her. Attempting to hop over a log, he misses his footing in the dark and goes down hard with a heavy grunt.
"Shit. Shit shit shit!" he whispers to himself.
Rolling up close to the log he just toppled over, Burke tries to assess his surroundings a bit. The darkness is almost complete inside the treeline, so Burke focuses on amplifying his senses like he did while searching for the book. In a moment, pitch black feels a little less complete, and he can make out reasonably clear images within the trees. He spots Gary, sprinting like a juggernaut with his hands above his head. Almost calling out, Burke quickly thinks better of it. Knowing that Sherie is likely following him, Burke turns back to the scene by the van and watches for just a moment as the motorcycle closes on it. thinking better of remaining stationary, Burke turns back and smiles as he discovers that his calculations were correct. Sherie runs in the same direction as Gary, following a few seconds behind. Burke suddenly remembers something as he rises to run.

Whispering in a hiss, Burke shakes off his initial panic. "SHIT. Where the fuck.... SHIT!"
He looks for Tomaz and spots him on the ground in the underbrush, having been ejected from the wreck, a suprisingly short distance from where Burke now hides.
Throwing caution to the wind, Burke sprints for the fallen man.
Panting, Burke grunts under his breath. "You owe me twice for this, you son of a bitch."
Not pausing to assess the man's injuries or care about whether he is badly hurt, Burke grabs the man by a leg and bodily drags him further into the forest before anyone can spot him, then falls prone as well before he can be spotted. He lies close to Tomaz, looking to see if he was spotted, but immediately begins to gag at the smell of dried bodily fluids all over the man.
"You better hope they don't have fucking dogs. Or like... Gangrels or something."
Burke chomps into his wrist and pours some of his precious remaining vitae down the man's throat.
"That's three times now that you owe me. Get up. we have to go. Don't say anything. Just run THAT way." Burke points to where he last saw Gary and Sherie.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 06:20:33 PM by Malavis »

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2011, 07:59:02 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Retcon: Assume that everything is the same in my narrative besides what I changed here based on Rad's clarifications.

(after the crash:) Burke digs around in the glovebox and comes up with a long-handled black car escape hammer. He shrugs and throws it into his shoulder bag.
(in the back of the van:) Burke spots a tire iron and snatches that up as well, using it to punch out the window then diving through.
(on the side of the road, after helping Tomaz up:)
You better hope they don't have fucking dogs. Or like... Gangrels or something."
Burke chomps into his wrist and pours some of his precious remaining vitae down the man's throat.
"That's three times now that you owe me. Get up. we have to go. Don't say anything. Just run THAT way." Burke points to where he last saw Gary and Sherie. Without another word, Burke shoves the tire iron into Tomaz's hand, pulls out his extraction hammer, and moves as quietly as possible towards where he last saw Sherie and Gary.