collapse

Author Topic: IC- Ch.1.0  (Read 15210 times)

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
IC- Ch.1.0
« on: February 13, 2011, 08:28:02 AM »


My eyes are focused the road, its strange but I try not take my eyes off it , the short white stripes coming from the infinite darkness down the forest road and entering the car's lights and pass on underneath.  I try not look at them, maybe it will help me forget they are there and focus on my job but damnit I can't, no don't look, they will be able to tell that I want a taste, they might decide to kill me or god knows what else these vampires are capable of.
The guy sitting shotgun tried talking to me abit erlier, I guess trying to put me at ease but the rest of them, the creep sitting at the far back with his skin coming off , I swear he looked at me like I was dinner when he came in and that other one with stains on his shirt, no way thats just ketchup.  I know Pierre doesn't really care about me, just another expendable blood junkie, Fuck!.

I sneak a quick glance in the rearview mirror , my eyes meet that strange girl with the rat and I quickly look away, my lips are dry and it feels like the seatbelt is digging into my neck strangling, but just 30 min more and I can drop these guys off... if they wont kill me first

Spoiler for Hiden:
Taxi Driver's Description: Male 30 , Short Brown hair peeking from underneath his woven cloth cap, he is unshaven wearing blue shirt with black tie and black jeans , you can notice a tag that says 'Jack Monde" on his shirt's front.

Spoiler for Hiden:
OOC:
Sorry for the first person, I know the characters can't really read his thoughts but I thought it might be best to convey the situation from his perspective.

All the characters are on a taxi to the city at ~approx 23:00,  there is little traffic on the road though. Most of the sides of the road seem like tall pine forest.

Normally I would probably skip this but I think it might be a good preparation to coming to the city finally which can give the characters opportunity to ponder what is going to happen and what has happened in relation to the outside world they are going to have to face..

please do only 1 post and we move on to the next scene,.
I know this doesn't directly engage the characters yet so if you don't have anything to write please just do an empty post and I will know to move on.




« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 12:58:21 AM by Radical21 »

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 06:30:55 PM »
Sherie sits quietly, thinking to herself.  She vaguely remembers a piece of information about rats...they can swim for 3 days before they run out of energy and drown.  Plague had said something about being hungry earlier, but Sherie decided that it wasn't about to starve to death.  Still, she wondered how she would go about getting something to feed her.  No big deal...it should be easy enough to figure something out once they got to where they were going.  Sherie brushes the little animal's fur reassuringly and continues to stare straight ahead.
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 06:47:58 PM »
Gary stares out through the window vacantly.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Those paying close attention may notice he's in fact not looking outside, but is looking at his own vague reflection in the window

He sighs and mumbles something, half lost in thought.

Offline cadmiumcadamium

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 281
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 07:42:59 PM »
Thomas is staring at the rearview mirror, then at the windows, then back at the mirror.

"wierd, just wierd" he says to noone in particular.

Offline Azrael

  • Apathetic Toreador
  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 266
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 10:54:35 PM »
Tomaz smokes a cigarette with the window rolled down, shades on despite the darkness.

"This cab is... really big." he mumbles to nobody in particular.

- az

Offline Friktion

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 327
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 01:26:12 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Just testing the spoiler function, carry on.

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 04:23:54 PM »
(My original post ended up on the other ghost forum apparently. I will attempt to retype.)

Burke chats casually with the older man in the driver's seat, attempting to keep his nerves from becoming jangled. He chats about the weather, current events, nothing too heavy. From time to time during his conversation with the man, he glances back at the others in the cab to make sure they are ok.

During the conversation, you hear Burke talk about missing the weather in San Francisco, and about how it is his favourite place to live, with this city taking a close second. Besides that, he offers no other personal information during this conversation.

For some reason, the abject terror and anxiety apparent in the driver's eyes awakens the predator in him. He has the sudden desire to drain this man dry simply because he is clearly weak. He could drain the man dry and they could drive wherever they wanted. "Who would ever know?" His beast rattles against its tether. Only the fact that he's fed and fully sated keeps him from attacking the man. Anyone looking at burke sees the glint of the predator in Burke's eyes, the monster buried deep inside climbing close to the surface. His eyes are glazed over with an inhuman desire, his lower jaw clenching and unclenching in anticipation.

As if realizing this, Burke's facial features immediately slacken and he looks quickly out the passenger side window. The tension fades from his shoulders and his face, and he appears almost transfixed by the trees going by in the distance.

"We don't have deciduous trees like these on the west coast. Not in any large numbers, anyway... All Pine trees. This road must be absolutely beautiful in the beginning of autumn."

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 04:24:15 PM »
Jack's eyes are fixed on the road , he carelessly rubs his neck with his left hand in nervous fashion.
 The taxi slows to pass the curve on the forest road and then speed up again. Tired or scared Jack takes another quick glance at the rearview mirror, Enough to miss the momentary small red bleeping led that lights up on the bottom left of the road.

Only takes a second to light up And EXPLOAD .
 The minibus lifts up from the flames and rolls sideways, its 90mph initial velocity keeps it dragging on the ground for a moment , like a crushed scorched soda can.

There is a smell of burned rubber and asphalt , dark smoke and flames seem to lift up from the inside of the hood of the side that is facing up..

Jack is dead, his body hanging from his seatbelt above Burke and his limp head dangling down dripping blood , an elongated shrapnel penetrating through his eyesocket seemingly piercing into his front lobe.
The Airbags come out.

Spoiler for Hiden:

The ones with their ears to the ground/asphalt can hear the approaching hum of Motorcycles.

Every vampire suffers Damage of 1 Bashing and mortals 2 bashing as result of the crash..

Sorry about the spelling

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 12:07:54 AM »
Needless to say, once the mangled vehicle comes to a stop, Sherie's initial bewilderment quickly gives way to a stab of panic.

Spoiler for Hiden:
To see if she holds onto Plague...
Wits + Brawl: [blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 7, 9, 2, total 18[/blockquote] (difficulty to be determined by ST)

To see if her Courage holds up...
[blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 7, 2, 7, 5, total 21[/blockquote] (difficulty to be determined by ST)
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 05:06:16 PM »
[spolier] Courage Roll to avoid freaking out [blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 4, 8, 5, total 17[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 05:33:45 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Oops- Misspelled the spoiler code, lol. Can't edit or it will mess with the roll. My apologies.
Burke manages to point and mumble an absent "Hey, what is that...?" from his position in the front seat just before everything goes to hell.... And just before a concussive blast of force knocks Burke briefly senseless...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Burke's ears are ringing, his mind at first unwilling to comprehend what has just occurred. His face sits heavily against a freezing cold pane of glass, his head spinning from a hard impact with the dashboard as the vehicle bucked. The tiny cuts against his face slowly indicate to him that the glass is cracked, even shattered in some places. Everything is hazy, his eyes refusing to focus on anything at all. In the distance he hears a rumble and dark shapes swim outside.
"Must be beautiful in the beginning of aut....." His confused mumbling is cut off as the air bag engages and punches him hard in the face. The world suddenly rights itself, albeit at 90 degrees to the right.

"Jesus fuck!" he cries as he holds his nose in pain and confusion. He shoves down the now deflated bag and pushes it out of the way. He is now vaguely aware of a warm liquid coating his face. Bringing his hand up to his face in stunned silence, he realizes that he has blood on his face. His initial fear is pushed aside by his beast crying out in victory and reassurance that this blood is not his own, and before he knows it his fingers are shoved in his mouth in a moment of raw indiscretion. After a moment he relaxes and his rational mind kicks in. Looking up -to his left? perspective is shattered- and recoils in horror as he sees the man he was just talking to.
Burke loses it for just a moment.

"Holy fuck! Jesus christ! SHIT!"
He calms down, trying to keep control of himself as he feels his beast lash against its tether once again. His rational mind reminds it that the danger is probably not over, and it calms down and gives him back control in response.
Burke twists and releases his seatbelt, though at this angle it isnt doing much good at holding him up. Cursing the whole way, Burke twists in his seat to look at the others. Glad to see that no one else looks like their unfortunate driver, he calls out with what he hopes is a clear:
"Are you guys ok?"
Realizing that he is likely suffering from a mild concussion judging by the lack of clarity in his own hearing, Burke focuses as he did in the library and tries to heal his injury, silently praying that injury to the brain is as reversible as damage to the body.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spending 1 BP to heal the point of bashing damage. I am now at 7bp. I am also switching on heightened senses to hear for any clues about what is coming down the street.
Hearing the motorcycles in the distance, Burke realizes that time is of the essence. Burke checks the body of the man for anything that can be used as a weapon, as well as thoroughly searching the glove box and the driver and passenger side of the car including under the seat, hoping to find some sort of a firearm or a blade. As an afterthought he digs around to find the man's wallet, and pockets that as well. Burke also grabs the Vehicle Identification papers and insurance information and stuffs it in his pocket. Again he finds his beast is crying out in fear due to his proximity to what might soon be a growing fire, but he reminds himself that self-preservation, and also upholding the masquerade, hinges on him remaining in complete control.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Was there anything on the man, in the driver/passenger area or in the glove box?

Burke grabs anything that might be of use and clambers away from the engine towards the rear of the minibus, and hopefully some kind of escape.

Climbing into the back, Burke looks at the others, ready to help if needed. He takes a moment and breathes heavily, wiping the blood from his face with the sleeve of his shirt. Looking down at his completely ruined shirt, he sighs and checks his watch to see if it's still running. Thankfully it is.

He regards the others in shell-shocked nervousness.
"Someone's coming."
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 07:37:40 PM by Malavis »

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 05:12:40 PM »
Gary is deafened and blinded by the sheer shock caused by the minivan being thrown over it's side in a blaze of flame. For a moment, there is only darkness and silence, before his senses return to him and he opens his eyes. Seeing the bus (and the driver) in tatters, combined with the memory of the flames still fresh behind his eyes cause a panic to build up inside of him. He raises his hands to his face, and is horrified to see they're covered in blood, not realising it's not his own. Thats the last drop sending him freaking out, he struggles violently with his seatbelt, "Have to get out!" he shouts, rationality far behind.


Offline Azrael

  • Apathetic Toreador
  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 266
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 04:10:07 AM »
Tomaz flicks his cigarette out of the window , leaning out to let the fresh night air hit him in the face. At the wind buffets his hair about, drying the last residual sweat and other unpleasant bodily fluids permeating it, he closes his eyes and imagines he can fly.

The bus car thing hits a bump on the road, and Tomaz is almost tossed out of the window. Startled, he looks at the sweaty driver reproachfully.

"Well I guess I'll just put my seat belt on then!" he says to no one in particular. He reaches over his shoulder to grab his safety belt and-

He's flying again. For a split second he wonders just what the hell kind of king kong universal soldier muhammad 'i'm hard' bruce lee drug Burke had given him back at the office, and then everything goes dark.

((spoiler button is on the fritz (slow internet). Tomaz was thrown from the car and is now laying unconscious a couple dozen feet from where it landed, in the middle of the road.))

- az

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 04:17:57 AM »
Sherie opens her mouth to say something, but she stops short when she realizes that there is something stuck in her throat.  She tries to coughs, but a wet sucking sound is the only result.  She tries again, and her efforts are rewarded.  A jagged piece of metal, about the size of her index finger, flops out of her mouth and onto the pavement beside her head.  Holding her hand up to her bleeding mouth, she feels something else, and pulls it out.  A piece of tooth...an incisor, maybe.

Spoiler for Hiden:
[blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 10, 3, 6, 10, total 29[/blockquote]
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
Re: IC- Ch.1
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 04:23:58 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Epic Wits + Survival roll!  :rock:

Scowling, she spits out a few more pieces of shattered teeth, wipes her mouth with the back of her hand and then quickly stuffs Plague into her jacket pocket.  Looking over at Gary, she sees his dark silhouette struggling with the seat belt.  Placing a hand on his shoulder, she hisses "shh!" and jerks her head towards the sound of the approaching vehicles.  Not waiting for his reaction, she moves to help him unbuckle his seat belt.
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET