collapse

Author Topic: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?  (Read 7294 times)

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 10:36:29 PM »
Remembering how she managed to sneak into the car in the first place, Sherie gradually becomes convinced that she does in fact have a little bit of that ability.  "When I first got into this car, I just remember thinking 'don't see me...don't see me' and, uh...I guess that's all it took.  That Adrian guy seems to be one of us, or to at least know about us, and it worked on him.  We could test it out before going into Shepard's, if it would make you feel better."
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
    • Aydoodle
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 11:22:26 PM »
"Wait what? We have invisibililility powers?"

She attempts to concentrate real hard almost straining but nothing of note happens.

"Hnnnnnnnng."

"Woooo can you see me?"

God she must be high or something, most likely flashes through your head.

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 07:52:05 PM »
Gary glances at Gwen nervously, unsure whats gotten into her and judging by her earlier behavior, not keen on taking the risk that she'll go for his neck next.  He doesn't take his eye off her as he speaks, "Yeah, yeah i'd really apreciate it if we test it first. I dont wanna test it against the cops or...whenever things start going to hell again"

Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
    • Aydoodle
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 08:04:45 PM »
"I wonder what else we can do?"

She thinks for a moment, she almost hyper now for some reason.

"Sometimes everything is... CLEAR! Yeah clear and lucid. Like... I can hear everything, even the ants! The itty bitty ants. Is that a super power too?"

She crosses her arms against her chest and makes a weird face as she thinks hard again.

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 11:02:55 PM »
Sherie raises an eyebrow and tries not to laugh.  "Yeah.  So at least you can warn us if somebody is trying to sick a bunch of ants on us."  She slows to take a left, following the GPS' directions towards the bookmark that Tomaz entered earlier.  As she drives, she tries to rack her brain.  Where could they get something heavy, to connect to a dead body using jumper cables?  She mentally flips through as many files as she can, pouring over her memories of the city utility's involvement in the area's ongoing construction projects.  "Where's the closest construction site...where could we get cinder blocks or lead pipes or something else like that?" she mutters to herself.

Spoiler for Hiden:
INT + Investigation (or Finance...same dice pool, either way): [blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 5, 5, 5, 10, total 25[/blockquote]
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
    • Aydoodle
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 11:31:50 PM »

"Oh yeah.. speaking of ants that reminds me. When we were driving there (to the motel) I had a thought. Yeah I know surprising but anyway -- Do you think the ones who made us are in our blood? Like.. its not normal stuff its really thick, but could they be lurking through us? I mean if we kill the ones who made us we might be back to normal if so, no? Um and -- Sherli --- Shelli --- Sherie do you like snakes?"

She ponders to herself while waiting for a response

Spoiler for Hiden:
INT + Occult [blockquote]Rolled 5d10 : 9, 7, 7, 6, 8, total 37[/blockquote]

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2011, 06:01:58 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
[blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 4, 10, 2, total 16[/blockquote]
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2011, 06:08:21 AM »
Gwen's words scrape over Sherie's focus like nails on a chalkboard.  Like a crying child on a non-stop flight from Toronto to Tel Aviv.  Like a goddamn fog horn during Yoga lessons.  She clenches the steering wheel, closes her eyes and tries not to say the first 10 things that come to mind.  With noticeable effort, Sherie resists the urge to stop the car, drag that useless wench into the street, beat her senseless, and leave her there for the sunrise.

Spoiler for Hiden:
The above roll was simply Conscience, which determined how she would react in this situation
CHA + Intimidation: [blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 4, 1, 6, 2, total 13[/blockquote]
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2011, 06:13:57 AM »
Moving her foot abruptly from the gas to the brake, Sherie stops the car suddenly.  Leaning over the seat, she glares at Gwen.  "Listen, lady.  You might not have gotten us into this whole mess, but you..."  She trails off, trying to hold onto the aggression that she felt moments earlier.  "Well, you're not helping.  And...and if you keep messing around instead of taking this seriously, then you're not going to like it."  She purses her lips, trying to put her emotions into words.  "What I'll do about it.  You're...you're not going to like that, I mean."  Still frustrated, but a little less angry, Sherie punches a few buttons on the GPS.

Anyone paying attention might notice that she has changed their current destination to a bridge that crosses the nearby river.
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
    • Aydoodle
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 06:54:08 AM »
Gwendolyn cocks her head in shock and puts her hand over her mouth and starts giggling. Something definately snapped inside.

"Oh ho ho ho he he hee."

She sniffs taking a deep and uneeded breath then puts her hand on her head shaking it.

"Feel better? You look like you've been holding that in for awhile. Anything else?"

She sighs.

"Look for what its worth... I'm sorry about this" she points backward almost at Gary but meaning the trunk "mess. You don't know how it was.. being so hungry and... its so hard to stop. Wait till you try it.. its like.. oh god the best cake you've ever eaten and everything awesome all at once."

She stares out the window for a bit looking towards the bridge.

"I'm just trying to figure out the basics of all this shit. I didn't get a manual yah know. In this new life or the previous..."

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2011, 06:18:14 PM »
Gary watches the scene unfold between the two ladies, nearly bumping his head into the seat in front of him when the car grinds to a sudden halt. He curses under his breath as he straightens himself out again, still listening to Gwen and Sherie bickering. Watching Gwen however, with her erratic mood swings and lack of overral cohesion in her appearent thought patterns, Gary suddenly seems to start pondering something while glaring at Gwen.

"You've...not been doing drugs or something, right? I mean, if figure you wouldn't have anywhere on you to keep the...pills or anything, but...."  Gary's sentance sort of trails off as doesn't seem very sure of his accusation. He continues to ponder over something, like the whole idea bothers him.

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2011, 04:37:58 AM »
Sherie reaches for the gear shifter so they can get out of this neighborhood, but she sees something out the window that makes her stop short.  Without saying a word, she turns off the engine, gets out of the car and walks into the middle of the street.  As she walks, she reaches down to zip up her grey hoodie.  Crusted dry blood clings to the ragged hole in the middle of her Treble Charger t-shirt, but the skin underneath is smooth and unremarkable.  The conspicuous rip disappears behind the zipper, and she turns her attention to Plague.  She is relieved to find that the rat is still alive, but something else gives her pause...that little rodent seems to be giving off a surprising amount of heat.  It's all relative, she realizes darkly.  Something reminds her that her own body is as cold as a corpse, and that the blood of a rat would be better used to push away that gnawing, icy stillness.

Dismissing that notion, she looks around for a few seconds.  The road lies between two rows of cottages.  There are no cars in the driveways and no cars parked along the street.  Unoccupied summer homes, by the looks of it.  She turns towards the nearest cottage, trudges through the unkempt brown grass in the front yard, and walks up to a tacky cement bird bath that sits in the middle of the lawn.  Looking up and down the street again to make sure that there are no other people coming, she unceremoniously kicks it over.  The heavy decoration requires some effort to move, but it tips over, striking the ground with a dull thud.  Using the toe of her sneaker, she pokes the edge of the fountain's bowl.  The whole thing moves slightly, and appears intact.

"Hey" she calls to the other two.  "This will work.  Help me get it into the car!"
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 04:39:59 AM by _username »
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2011, 09:15:33 AM »
Gary grumbles a bit as his train of thought is interrupted and gets out of the car. He walks over to Sherie, realising along the way that he's having trouble straighting himself out, like his spine is resisting the attempt. "Even as a vampire i'm getting old" he thinks, doing his best to try and walk without being hunched over the entire way. He gets over to another side of the birdbath and puts his hands beneath it, waiting for Sherie (or Gwen) to help him out.

Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
    • Aydoodle
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2011, 06:53:18 PM »
Hopping out the car, and leaving the door wide open Gwendolyn skips over to the large object and nudges it.

"Eh?"

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2011, 07:40:17 PM »
Gary looks up at Gwen a little annoyed, "C'mon, help out! I dont wanna sprain my back"

He gives the thing a careful lift, trying to gauge it's weight and how much force he'll have to apply.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Rad, if Gary has no trouble carrying the thing he can pick it up himself. up to you