collapse

Author Topic: IC-1.1 Motel Interior1  (Read 4429 times)

Offline Azrael

  • Apathetic Toreador
  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 266
Re: Interior
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2011, 07:28:35 AM »
Tomaz's hand tightens on something in his pocket as he is shoved back, and his expression collapses for a brief moment into a flat, cold frown. It vanishes as quickly as it arrives. He regains his balance, and his hands relax.

He reads the messages.

"Them? They're gone. Yeah. They left because that pantsless chick killed a guy, so Sloth and cute quiet chick stole that other guy's car and put the body in the trunk and they all went to stash it. They'll be fine. I sent them to a safe place to sleep off the daytime. Oh, but we don't have a car now. Still have a motorcycle though."
- az

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Interior
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2011, 07:31:17 AM »
Burke gives Tomaz a look of anger, pointing at him with rage in his eyes as she shoves him.

"Don't! she's done nothing to us to deserve that. At this point, in my opinion, she deserves us to at least hear her out."
Burke winces a bit at the word 'hear,' but it's already been said. he tries to recover smoothly.
"And miss, don't shove him again- he works for me. For that reason, I must apologize for his conduct, as he certainly won't.
As for the... Situation we're in, I was thinking much the same thing, but I also suspect that we can keep things under control here long enough to not have the authorities be informed until tomorrow night. The woman who was working behind the front desk is upstairs, and we will ensure she does not call the police."

Burke looks over to Tomaz, deciding it is time for the same honesty she showed him. He points at him.

"Don't get any ideas. Either she's on the level, and we have nothing to fear from her besides if we piss her off, OR, she's not, and she's more than a match for you. Either way, you fight her, you lose."

Burke walks over to pick up the bottle of gin that he left behind the counter and tosses it to Tomaz.
"Apparently we can't drink either... You sure you want this gig?"

Offline Azrael

  • Apathetic Toreador
  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 266
Re: Interior
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2011, 07:36:18 AM »
Tomaz gives Burke his VERY BEST 'who, me?' face as he catches the Gin.

"Who said anything about a fight? Fighting implies a give and take."

He pops the top of the gin and takes a swig, wincing with pleasure as it goes down his throat.

"Take your pleasures where you can find 'em, boss. We're all gonna die sooner than we were planning to, even immortal dracula folks."

He looks at the bottle.

"Look at me, drinking gin in a shitty motel bar. Covered in blood. I've fucking become my father."
- az

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Interior
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2011, 08:27:29 AM »
Burke smirks a bit, imagining for a moment what it would be like to become his own father- Corner office with a view out his 27th floor window, mini-golf strip inside his office, all the nine yards of corporate douchebaggery that Burke had wanted for so incredibly long.
I'll never be like him... Because I'll never age like him. It's time to reassess my priorities here...
Burke appears lost in thought for a moment.

After a second, he turns back to the girl.
"So where does that leave us? Are you the 'slit our throats while we sleep' type? Or are you just scared and alone, wondering when things are going to start making sense?"

For a moment it seems as though it might have been a stab at her, but his expression softens towards the end of his sentence, indicating that Burke feels almost exactly the same way- in pain, confused, alone, unsure of what to do. It appears as though Gabriel has some great weight on his shoulders for just one moment, and then his expression is deadpan once again, his body set in that powerful elder pose. Burke looks back to the girl, jaw set, eyes soft, hoping for some kind of connection; Hoping for SOMETHING to not go up in flames- literally or figuratively- tonight.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 08:33:24 AM by Malavis »

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
Re: Interior
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2011, 03:21:14 PM »
Abigail gives Eurotrash a cold, scornful look when he makes the jibe about his father. She follows Mr. Voice to the bar, always being sure to keep a few feet between them. How nice it would be, she thinks, to just stand across the room and shout, never needing to get so close to anyone to be heard. Every word she communicated to someone put her in arms reach; in danger. She knew she was letting her guard down by being so close to these two - what? Vampires? The word still sounded like crap in her head. Yet what else was she going to do? She had a job, and she had to talk to these guys. In a manner of...speaking.

Listening to Mr. Voice, she is struck by his sudden pang of honesty. She isn't sure if he intended to let that slip or not, but she gives him a defensively curious, almost concerned look as he mentions being scared and alone - and for just a moment, she feels like he might be going through what she is.

But not him, not really, she thinks. He's probably been at this for years - what does he know about being terrified off his ass; that on any given night there's a pretty damn good chance he'll murder somebody against his will. What does he know about getting so caught up in this fucking mess, and never being able to tell anyone? Look at me, stuck with this piece-of-shit phone trying to explain the simplest of ideas.

Abigial wants to tell him to shove it; to save the heart-to-heart for later. The sun is coming up soon, she knows. Yet she can't help but feel this might be the first person since she was...changed, who might actually be able to help her. She keys in another message on her phone.

My name is Abigail.

She looks up at Mr. Voice with weary eyes, vulnerable.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 04:10:06 PM by Voidshaper »

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Interior
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2011, 08:56:36 PM »
Burke's expression appears appraising for a moment, as he attempts to decide whether or not to trust her.
Her vulnerability calls to a part of him that wants to help others-  the human side of him that he hopes never to lose. He lets his body language fall back into a slightly more human pattern, his face now actively considering, emotions warring on his face. After a few tense moments, the man's face shifts to mirror hers and show a similar kind of vulnerability, confusion, and a hint of sadness over everything being so fucked up.

He purses his lips and looks down for just a moment before meeting her eyes again.

"Gabriel. Gabriel Burke. Wish I could tell you what clan, but, to be honest, I'm not totally sure. I... Think... I'm a Ventrue." He inclines his head in the direction of the other man. "This is Tomaz, and as I said, he works for me. We all met last night, when we became... Well... What we are now."

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
Re: Interior
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2011, 11:44:10 PM »
Yesterday? He was changed YESTERDAY? A streak of confusion crosses Abigails face momentarily as she struggles to comprehend the man's words. But he seemed so...mature. She wondered if there was more at play here. She had heard him say the word Ventrue. She had never met one before, but she remembers being told what manipulative, slime-tongued bastards they were. But then again, she was new at this - not YESTERDAY new, but new enough. Maybe this...Gabriel...was different. It had only been one night after all, how schemey could these Ventrue get in only one night, right?

Something inside of her pulls Abigial to trust Gabriel. She wants to speak to him, to go over this whole fucked up mess with him. He's going through it too. He will understand me. He will...

Her thought trails off as she glances to her phone, eyes frozen in a stare at the digital display of numbers marking the current time.

Shit.

All thoughts of connection, trust and belonging gone, Abigail flips open her phone and hastily types a message that she shoves in front of Burke.

Dawn soon. Talk later.

She gives him an imploring look, not wanting to end their conversation, but hoping he will understand.

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Interior
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2011, 04:07:48 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Per+Emp[blockquote]Rolled 6d10>5 : 1, 7, 2, 6, 8, 1, total 21[/blockquote]

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Interior
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2011, 04:12:10 AM »
Burke looks momentarily confused by the woman, but reads her intent well enough, and that she didn't intend it as an insult.
"We have a room. Do you have a place to stay for the day? I think tomorrow we should get in touch with Pierre and figure out if he's still on the level. I guess if he didn't tell you to kill us, he has potential as an OK guy. Also, we should figure out who the primogen are, as I have a sneaking suspicion that this is related to one or more of them."
Burke turns and looks to Tomaz, smirking.
"Seems like you get all the good stuff- Gin, smokes- you get to keep an eye on us from your comfy queen bed during the day while we get stuck in the damn bathroom."

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
Re: Interior
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2011, 07:32:41 AM »
Abigail looks at the two men nervously. By this point she was fairly convinced that they weren't going to skip Dodge on her - not so close to dawn. Plus she didn't exactly trust Pierre's assurance that nobody would bother her during the day. Burke's mention of Eurotr - Tomaz - guarding them from the main room during the day sounded strange to her. Maybe he wasn't one of them (us) after all. She gives Tomaz another passing glance, as if trying to tell the difference between him and Burke. Well, no shit they were different people; but not in any...supernatural way that Abigail could discern. Maybe it doesn't work like that.

Still, if this Tomaz guy could guarantee Burke protection during the day, Abigail wanted in on that. It seemed a hell of a lot better to share a cramped bathroom with this rich kid for a day than to risk the cleaning lady walking in on her in her own room.

Safer with you. Lead.

She gives Burke a hard stare, and waits.

Spoiler for Hiden:
To make up for possibly sharing too many bodily expressions meant to imply meaning (the way she looks at Burke, etc.), I'll make a Charisma+Expression roll (I think that's what it would be) that is retro-active. I'll do this going forward from now on too, either per post, or per scene, at the ST's decision.

[blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 8, 7, 8, total 23[/blockquote]

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Interior
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2011, 09:46:49 AM »
Burke purses his lips and sighs through his nose, eyeing the woman up and down with a little bit of suspicion.

"If you wanted to kill us, you probably already would have, unless of course you want me to lead you to the others, in which case, if I say no, you kill me... You'll have to forgive me for not jumping to take you in, but we just had a bunch of assholes try to blow up our van earlier today. We're a little tense, and... Well, it feels like the whole world is trying to kill us and we have no idea why."
Burke pauses again, considering.

I think we can allow you to stay- safety in numbers and all... We should make sure we sleep soundly though- Because if Tomaz hears even the smallest scuffle or a yell in the bathroom during the day, he's going to throw the door open and make sure everyone gets a suntan. Isn't that right, Tomaz?" He nods in the man's direction, indicating the beginnings of a trust that wasn't there a while ago, a hint of approval towards a man who was willing to go to the mat to protect Burke from this woman if it came to that. This, combined with the power of his personality, is likely a heady mix.

"We can call it an insurance policy for all of us. I'm willing to stake my life on the promise that I won't harm you, provided you're willing to give the same. Maybe we can come out of all of this with a little bit of mutual trust, rather than assuming that everyone in the world is trying to kill us or dick us over. If you're in agreement, let's go visit Adrian and see if he's ok with spending the night with a woman he's never met before. He's a bit more of a prude than I am, after all."

Burke grins playfully, with a tiny bit of what might have been flirtiness in his voice- It is clear he is trying to take the threat out of his last statement- perhaps regretful that it came out so harshly, as opposed to having romantic advancements in mind. He motions for the others to follow.

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
Re: Interior
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2011, 03:19:40 PM »
Abigail grins at Gabriel despite herself. A schemer and a charmer. She lets the grin fall into a terse smile, giving an overplayed bow and motioning her arms in a very classic, if not contrived, "after you" expression.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Abigail will follow Burke if/when he leads them upstairs. She will keep an eye out for a trap (even though she more or less trusts Burke by this point), so here's a PER+Alertness role to notice anything on the way upstairs and into the room (if we decide to gloss over RPing this in favor of time)

[blockquote]Rolled 5d10 : 3, 10, 8, 2, 10, total 33[/blockquote]

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
Re: Interior
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2011, 03:34:33 PM »
As Abigail moves under the shifting bar-light her features come into full view for the first time.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Rolling Appearance as a first impression to Tomaz and Burke (Appearance 4)
[blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 3, 6, 3, 6, total 18[/blockquote]

(A little late but I realized this might be a factor in their perception of her/willingness to trust her)