PlanetVampire.com Forum

PNP Roleplay => Canadian Motorcycle Assassin Circus by Night => Interactive Story Board => In Character Scenes => Topic started by: Radical21 on June 02, 2011, 09:26:43 PM

Title: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Radical21 on June 02, 2011, 09:26:43 PM
Aydoo Gwen and Gary are driving on the road after borrowing Adrian's Car , they have a lifeless corpse in the trunk that is very likely to start stinking soon and its already around 04:00 Am  which means the Canadian sun of this season will rise at about three hours.
Notes:
Sherie can effortlessly dig up Shepards address on the GPS's LCD screen

Where do they intend to drive at this point?. for the most parts Warren is pretty much a town or village of cottages and houses in the middle of a forest clearing  so there are forests and trees around the edges of the town.

If there are any questions please do not hesitate to ask or tell of things that need clarification, I should probably get around to making a more detailed map when I have time  .
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: _username on June 03, 2011, 07:36:56 AM
Conscience (dif = Humanity) [blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 3, 2, 1, total 6[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: _username on June 03, 2011, 07:51:24 AM
...oh, boy.  Nothing like botching a Humanity-related roll.
The headlights cut a narrow swath in the surrounding darkness.  The car cruises through the silent neighborhoods, no doubt filled with families who are sleeping peacefully, unaware of what is happening in their midst.  Sherie mulls over what must be done.  She encounters immediate revulsion at the idea that the body must not only be discarded, but concealed as well.  How long before a body begins to rot...begins to smell bad enough to draw attention?  She tried to remember if any particular CSI episode covered that little detail, but she just can't recall.

She glances over at Gwen.  Injured.  No pants.  No self-control.  No shame.  Sherie grits her teeth and tries to focus on the road.  Then again...why should anybody judge her?  The girl is just trying to stay alive, using her own strengths to survive, given the hand they've all so recently been dealt.  Sherie scowls silently.  "That bitch can figure it out, same as the rest of us" says a nasty little voice inside of her.  Still...since we're all stuck here together, might as well tackle the biggest problems first.

"Near rocks, far rocks" Sherie mutters to nobody in particular.  Raising her voice to a normal tone she says "We need a shovel.  Got to bury this guy."  She glares at Gwen and lowers her voice again.  "Might need to bury you too if you can't keep your shit together."
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Isador on June 05, 2011, 09:56:21 AM
Gary snickers at Sherie's remark, a big grin appearing on his face. "Sounds like a plan. Just gotta make sure the hole is deep enough, wouldn't want her crawling out again would we?" He continues snickering, like he finds his own joke remarkably funny.

After a few seconds he stops and says "Y'know, might be a better idea to tie some rocks to him and toss him in a river or something. Then nobody 'll find any spots with upturned earth and no little critters will dig him up either..." Gary halts his sentance abruptly, like he suddenly realises something.

Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Aydoo on June 05, 2011, 09:58:12 AM
As the car hums along and Sherie bitches under her breath, Gwendolyn listlessly leans her head on the glass of the window, the side of her face smushing up against it as she peers at the scenery glancing by at a hurriedly pace.
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: _username on June 07, 2011, 06:35:28 AM
"Ugh.  This is not gonna be easy."  She considers everything that would be involved in throwing the guard into the river...something heavy to weigh him down with, which would probably involve ropes, nets, rocks, cement or some combination of those things.  In any case, she just can't see a way of gathering the necessary supplies and making it happen before the sun comes up.  "We can't half-ass this" she says, more thinking aloud than actually talking to anybody.  "If we do a bad job of hiding him, and somebody finds him in just a few hours, then whoever is after us will know what we've been up to.  I don't know anything about forensics, but I really doubt he would start to rot in the next few hours.  I say we get to this 'Shepard' guy's house, leave the guard in the trunk for today, then go get better supplies to make sure nobody will find him.  It would be a lot easier to go to a hardware store in the early evening than the early morning."
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Isador on June 07, 2011, 10:53:20 AM
Gary's smile dissapears as he hears Sherie talking about letting the body in the trunk. He narrows his eyes for a second...pondering deeply. Gary starts talking out loud, mostly to himself. "rocks wont be a problem...a rope...why not get a garbage bag instead? Fill it with rocks, put the guy in, close it up with a knot and toss it in the river? Still, we're in the woods. Where'd we get a garbage bag..."
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: _username on June 08, 2011, 05:45:17 AM
Sherie glances at the GPS to see how far it will be to the next turn.  "It looks like 5 or 10 minutes to Shepard's place.  If you can come up with a solid plan, using what we have available right now, I'd love to help you out.  If not, I say we park a couple blocks away, get some rest, then figure it out tomorrow night.  Or...you know, after the day."  She becomes keenly aware that their new environment is so profoundly alien, that she doesn't even possess the words to describe day to day actions.  Or is that "night to night" actions?  She furls her brow in mild frustration.  "Or whatever."
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Isador on June 08, 2011, 08:17:12 AM
Gary looks up, snapping out of his train of thought. He shakes his head, "Nah, unless there's something in this car i didn't notice that we could use, i got no ideas..."
Despite knowing he'll likely not find anything Gary begins peering beneath the chairs, hoping that perhaps he'll come across something they can use. He continues talking as he searches, "We even sure about this...what was it...Shepard? We can get rid of one guard who didn't notice in time miss-drinking-problem over here was nibling on his neck, but a whole house full of semi-drunk party animals is gonna be a problem if they dont so kindly ignore me as Tomaz said they would."
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Radical21 on June 08, 2011, 11:45:15 AM
Intelligence+Crafts for Gary
[blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 7, 8, 2, total 17[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Isador on June 08, 2011, 12:19:56 PM
Suddenly Gary sits up straight, appearently having a moment of insight. "This thing has jumper cables right? We can use those to tie some rocks to the corpse! Course mister...whats-his-name is gonna have to get new jumpercables for his car, but as long as we dont forget to turn the lights off when we get out of the car that shouldn't be a problem"
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Aydoo on June 08, 2011, 07:27:43 PM
Willpower [blockquote]Rolled 6d10 : 5, 9, 10, 8, 10, 10, total 52[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Aydoo on June 08, 2011, 07:29:07 PM
Gwendolyn sits up straight, snapping awake from the fugue of the coming dawn. Seems she's visibly gotten her second wind and is ready for whatever, though it is unlikely she has been paying attention to anything thus far.
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: _username on June 08, 2011, 08:45:27 PM
"Yeah, jumper cables would work.  All we would need after that is some cinder blocks or something else heavy enough."  She isn't quite as optimistic about the other problem that Gary brought up, though.  "I'm not real sure if anybody would notice you at Shepard's place.  I mean...you can walk around without anybody noticing, right?  Some kind of mind trick that a lot of us have, right?"
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Isador on June 08, 2011, 09:06:16 PM
Gary looks a little nervous, and hesitates before he speaks "eh...not sure. i dont remember using it, if i have that ability. So far the only thing i know i can do is talk to...well, rats. Aint i lucky..."

He ponders again, rubbing his chin with his thumb, before asking "Does either of you know how to do that? Cause i wouldn't even know where to start. Most of this...you know....stuff, is beyond me." He motions his hands to everyone in the car, like he really doesn't wanna say that everyone here is an undead bloodsucker. "Not that i'm expecting anyone here to understand it any better than me, no offence."
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: _username on June 08, 2011, 10:36:29 PM
Remembering how she managed to sneak into the car in the first place, Sherie gradually becomes convinced that she does in fact have a little bit of that ability.  "When I first got into this car, I just remember thinking 'don't see me...don't see me' and, uh...I guess that's all it took.  That Adrian guy seems to be one of us, or to at least know about us, and it worked on him.  We could test it out before going into Shepard's, if it would make you feel better."
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Aydoo on June 08, 2011, 11:22:26 PM
"Wait what? We have invisibililility powers?"

She attempts to concentrate real hard almost straining but nothing of note happens.

"Hnnnnnnnng."

"Woooo can you see me?"

God she must be high or something, most likely flashes through your head.
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Isador on June 09, 2011, 07:52:05 PM
Gary glances at Gwen nervously, unsure whats gotten into her and judging by her earlier behavior, not keen on taking the risk that she'll go for his neck next.  He doesn't take his eye off her as he speaks, "Yeah, yeah i'd really apreciate it if we test it first. I dont wanna test it against the cops or...whenever things start going to hell again"
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Aydoo on June 09, 2011, 08:04:45 PM
"I wonder what else we can do?"

She thinks for a moment, she almost hyper now for some reason.

"Sometimes everything is... CLEAR! Yeah clear and lucid. Like... I can hear everything, even the ants! The itty bitty ants. Is that a super power too?"

She crosses her arms against her chest and makes a weird face as she thinks hard again.
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: _username on June 10, 2011, 11:02:55 PM
Sherie raises an eyebrow and tries not to laugh.  "Yeah.  So at least you can warn us if somebody is trying to sick a bunch of ants on us."  She slows to take a left, following the GPS' directions towards the bookmark that Tomaz entered earlier.  As she drives, she tries to rack her brain.  Where could they get something heavy, to connect to a dead body using jumper cables?  She mentally flips through as many files as she can, pouring over her memories of the city utility's involvement in the area's ongoing construction projects.  "Where's the closest construction site...where could we get cinder blocks or lead pipes or something else like that?" she mutters to herself.

INT + Investigation (or Finance...same dice pool, either way): [blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 5, 5, 5, 10, total 25[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Aydoo on June 10, 2011, 11:31:50 PM

"Oh yeah.. speaking of ants that reminds me. When we were driving there (to the motel) I had a thought. Yeah I know surprising but anyway -- Do you think the ones who made us are in our blood? Like.. its not normal stuff its really thick, but could they be lurking through us? I mean if we kill the ones who made us we might be back to normal if so, no? Um and -- Sherli --- Shelli --- Sherie do you like snakes?"

She ponders to herself while waiting for a response

INT + Occult [blockquote]Rolled 5d10 : 9, 7, 7, 6, 8, total 37[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: _username on June 11, 2011, 06:01:58 AM
[blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 4, 10, 2, total 16[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: _username on June 11, 2011, 06:08:21 AM
Gwen's words scrape over Sherie's focus like nails on a chalkboard.  Like a crying child on a non-stop flight from Toronto to Tel Aviv.  Like a goddamn fog horn during Yoga lessons.  She clenches the steering wheel, closes her eyes and tries not to say the first 10 things that come to mind.  With noticeable effort, Sherie resists the urge to stop the car, drag that useless wench into the street, beat her senseless, and leave her there for the sunrise.

The above roll was simply Conscience, which determined how she would react in this situation
CHA + Intimidation: [blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 4, 1, 6, 2, total 13[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: _username on June 11, 2011, 06:13:57 AM
Moving her foot abruptly from the gas to the brake, Sherie stops the car suddenly.  Leaning over the seat, she glares at Gwen.  "Listen, lady.  You might not have gotten us into this whole mess, but you..."  She trails off, trying to hold onto the aggression that she felt moments earlier.  "Well, you're not helping.  And...and if you keep messing around instead of taking this seriously, then you're not going to like it."  She purses her lips, trying to put her emotions into words.  "What I'll do about it.  You're...you're not going to like that, I mean."  Still frustrated, but a little less angry, Sherie punches a few buttons on the GPS.

Anyone paying attention might notice that she has changed their current destination to a bridge that crosses the nearby river.
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Aydoo on June 11, 2011, 06:54:08 AM
Gwendolyn cocks her head in shock and puts her hand over her mouth and starts giggling. Something definately snapped inside.

"Oh ho ho ho he he hee."

She sniffs taking a deep and uneeded breath then puts her hand on her head shaking it.

"Feel better? You look like you've been holding that in for awhile. Anything else?"

She sighs.

"Look for what its worth... I'm sorry about this" she points backward almost at Gary but meaning the trunk "mess. You don't know how it was.. being so hungry and... its so hard to stop. Wait till you try it.. its like.. oh god the best cake you've ever eaten and everything awesome all at once."

She stares out the window for a bit looking towards the bridge.

"I'm just trying to figure out the basics of all this shit. I didn't get a manual yah know. In this new life or the previous..."
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Isador on June 11, 2011, 06:18:14 PM
Gary watches the scene unfold between the two ladies, nearly bumping his head into the seat in front of him when the car grinds to a sudden halt. He curses under his breath as he straightens himself out again, still listening to Gwen and Sherie bickering. Watching Gwen however, with her erratic mood swings and lack of overral cohesion in her appearent thought patterns, Gary suddenly seems to start pondering something while glaring at Gwen.

"You've...not been doing drugs or something, right? I mean, if figure you wouldn't have anywhere on you to keep the...pills or anything, but...."  Gary's sentance sort of trails off as doesn't seem very sure of his accusation. He continues to ponder over something, like the whole idea bothers him.
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: _username on June 12, 2011, 04:37:58 AM
Sherie reaches for the gear shifter so they can get out of this neighborhood, but she sees something out the window that makes her stop short.  Without saying a word, she turns off the engine, gets out of the car and walks into the middle of the street.  As she walks, she reaches down to zip up her grey hoodie.  Crusted dry blood clings to the ragged hole in the middle of her Treble Charger t-shirt, but the skin underneath is smooth and unremarkable.  The conspicuous rip disappears behind the zipper, and she turns her attention to Plague.  She is relieved to find that the rat is still alive, but something else gives her pause...that little rodent seems to be giving off a surprising amount of heat.  It's all relative, she realizes darkly.  Something reminds her that her own body is as cold as a corpse, and that the blood of a rat would be better used to push away that gnawing, icy stillness.

Dismissing that notion, she looks around for a few seconds.  The road lies between two rows of cottages.  There are no cars in the driveways and no cars parked along the street.  Unoccupied summer homes, by the looks of it.  She turns towards the nearest cottage, trudges through the unkempt brown grass in the front yard, and walks up to a tacky cement bird bath that sits in the middle of the lawn.  Looking up and down the street again to make sure that there are no other people coming, she unceremoniously kicks it over.  The heavy decoration requires some effort to move, but it tips over, striking the ground with a dull thud.  Using the toe of her sneaker, she pokes the edge of the fountain's bowl.  The whole thing moves slightly, and appears intact.

"Hey" she calls to the other two.  "This will work.  Help me get it into the car!"
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Isador on June 12, 2011, 09:15:33 AM
Gary grumbles a bit as his train of thought is interrupted and gets out of the car. He walks over to Sherie, realising along the way that he's having trouble straighting himself out, like his spine is resisting the attempt. "Even as a vampire i'm getting old" he thinks, doing his best to try and walk without being hunched over the entire way. He gets over to another side of the birdbath and puts his hands beneath it, waiting for Sherie (or Gwen) to help him out.
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Aydoo on June 12, 2011, 06:53:18 PM
Hopping out the car, and leaving the door wide open Gwendolyn skips over to the large object and nudges it.

"Eh?"
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Isador on June 12, 2011, 07:40:17 PM
Gary looks up at Gwen a little annoyed, "C'mon, help out! I dont wanna sprain my back"

He gives the thing a careful lift, trying to gauge it's weight and how much force he'll have to apply.

Rad, if Gary has no trouble carrying the thing he can pick it up himself. up to you
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Radical21 on June 12, 2011, 08:06:12 PM
The bulky stone object starts nudging slowly upwards as Gary starts to lift it and then, dragging on the lawn, it finally leaves the ground ,barely as the old diseased man manages to carry it up with surprising amount of force. 
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: _username on June 12, 2011, 11:46:57 PM
Satisfied that Gary has it under control, Sherie walks back to the car and starts it up.
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Isador on June 13, 2011, 08:37:03 AM
Suprised at his own strength, Gary nearly drops the thing but manages to keep a tight hold of it. He grins to himself, saying aloud "Guess this thing must be lighter than i thought". He carries it to the back of the car, setting it down so he can open the trunk and then lifting it into the trunk of the car. He puts it next to the corpse and locks the trunk, then goes back towards the rear passenger seat behind Sherie where he gets into the car.
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: _username on June 13, 2011, 04:29:38 PM
Once Gary gets in, Sherie puts the car in gear and follows the GPS directions to the bridge.  After a few minutes, it comes into view and she brings the car to a stop just before the bridge.  "So, here's the plan" she begins.  "We tie the bird bath to the body right here, instead of on the bridge.  That would just look too suspicious.  Once it's ready, we drive onto the bridge and toss it...shouldn't take more than a few seconds.  If anybody rolls up in the next couple minutes, the story is that we thought we hit a dog.  A uh...Dalmation.  So we stopped to see if it was ok."  She looks Gwen up and down, trying to gauge whether she's lucid enough to help, or if she would just get in the way.  "Let's do this."
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Aydoo on June 13, 2011, 06:55:18 PM
Gwen attempts to lift but, doesn't even budge it as Gary heaves the object up. Shrugging she just follows and get back in the vehicle. As Sherie lays out the plan, she nods inconsequentially, not really listening until she mentions the part on hitting the dog. She grins.

"Just 1 or the whole 100? What about Cruella?"

When Sherie looks her over, she gives her a wink then turns around in the seat kneeling and peers at Gary over the top the seat, her eyes just making it over the top.

"My what big muscley arms you have Gran-Pa."
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Radical21 on June 13, 2011, 06:55:50 PM
There is little light to show the way with many dark evergreen tree tops casting shadows onto the leaf and rock covered muddy forest ground and road, blocking most of the dim starlight above and leaving only pitch darkness. 
The Car stops, its headlights cones fall over a wide Road Sign that says 'Narrow Bridge', 'Watch for ICE on Bridge' and 'Mt.Dawson Provincial park 150 yards'.
Looking down the side from the road-sign ,down along the twisting path of the road ahead the kindred can discern a silhouette of a bridge towering across what looks a narrow yet deep rock ravine that is passing through the forest. The gushing sound of rushing water that must come from the stream at the bottom of the Ravine that joins into the bigger river some miles away.

The Forest around is disturbingly quiet at this hour save for the noise of the stream and the rustling sound of the black shadowy tree leafs above.

Generic Reference Photos to help illustrate what is the location like more or less(Last one is best ):
(http://www.friendsoftheravines.org/images/Hayden_Falls.JPG)
(http://s3.amazonaws.com/trazzler-images/af/19312/The_Ravine_Nelson_resize.jpg?1233706142)
(http://wirednewyork.com/parks/central_park/ravine/ravine_december.jpg)
(http://hikes.vtrushfan.com/images/favorite_hike/bridge_ravine.jpg)

Imagine the Ravine is something like 10-15 meters deep and that the bridge is solid and wide enough to allow cars through

The Red dot on the map gives a rough indication of the GPS location
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Isador on June 13, 2011, 07:39:27 PM
Gary gets a rather smug smile on his face when he hears Gwen. "Better not forget that then" he says, sounding quite pleased with himself. He's not entirely sure whether he had always been that strong and just didn't really put it to the test...but something in the back of his mind is nagging at him that that probably wasn't it. The thought crosses his mind that it may be one of the "perks" of his new condition. He wasn't gonna complain about THAT one, at least.

Gary's broken out of his train of thought as Sherie begins explaining the plan. He nods in agreement, despite the fact that he knows that Sherie cant see him from where she's sitting.

As they begin to arrive close to the scene of the bridge,
where they will tie the guy up
Gary looks around through the rear windshield and the side windows. As he's looking through the side windows
I'll just assume he doesn't see anyone in the rear windshield, it being at this hour and in the woods
he suddenly realises that there's probably not gonna be anyone in the thick woods, much less in the middle of the night. Still, he doesn't seem entirely secure about the darkness in between the trees, and spends a lot longer looking out into the darkness in the woods then he did looking at the road behind him.
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: _username on June 14, 2011, 11:28:22 PM
She kills the engine, hits the trunk unlock button and steps outside.  Walking to the back of the car, she opens the trunk.  As she raises the lid, its contents are bathed in soft glow from the automatic lights.  She starts to reach in, then hesitates.  "Gary?  Gwen?  Did he have a flashlight on him?"  Something about her voice and body language make it pretty clear that she has no intention of touching the corpse unless it is absolutely necessary.  "If there's a light, I can go find a good place to--"  She peers through the darkness towards the bridge.  "I hope the water is deep enough.  Also, are either of you good with tying knots?"
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Isador on June 15, 2011, 07:19:51 AM
Gary hesitantly gets out of the car, "I'm not the one who stripsearched him, and i'm afraid i wasn't exacly a boyscout before this started, so no." He walks around to the back of the car and looks at the corpse in the trunk. He listens for a second for the sound of the water rushing through the nearby river. "Long as we tie this thing securely, i'm sure it'll be deep enough, at least to drag the corpse a mile or two down the current."
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Aydoo on June 16, 2011, 08:18:55 PM
"Light? Uh..."

She fumbles around as if she had pockets for a moment, the reachs into her shirt and pulls out a lighter.

"Light? This is all there was."

She begins flicking the top open and closed quickly for a moment.

INT+ Crafts [blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 10, 7, 6, total 23[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Aydoo on June 16, 2011, 08:21:11 PM
"I remember a little bit back from b-girl scouts."

She hesitates a little then goes round to try to begin tying a knot with the rope.

"Lets see... Over.. then under.. then around.. and through.."
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Aydoo on June 16, 2011, 08:26:10 PM
Dex+Craft to do the knot (-diff from success of knowledge roll?)[blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 7, 4, 4, total 15[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Radical21 on June 17, 2011, 10:36:36 AM
Though its very dark Gwen seems to be able to see very clearly using the baggage compartment faint lights, she manages to make a modified version of a hang man's noose using the Cable, big enough and made so it doesn't open too easily once tightened.


Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Radical21 on June 17, 2011, 03:39:53 PM
The Kindred get some really disturbing natural vibe about the forest, increasing their alertness,  As if something or someone is out there in depth of that unknown sea of darkness that lies outside the Car's small island of light.
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Isador on June 17, 2011, 06:20:13 PM
Gary looks around himself into the forest as the feeling of dread persist, becoming shakey all over. He reaches a hand into the inside of his coat, cursing under his breath as he realises he checked it before, for whatever he was looking for. "Lets just do this and get out. This place is working a number on my nerves."

Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: _username on June 17, 2011, 07:15:16 PM
Remembering the distant screams of the fleeing assassin, Sherie nods to Gary.  "Right" she mumbles, looking around.  She gets back in the car, starts it up, waits for the others to get in, then pulls forward.  As the car approaches the middle of the bridge, she brings it to a stop.  Looking around for any other cars, pedestrians or other unwelcome visitors, she gets out and peers over the edge of the bridge railing.  She searches the darkness below for what she hopes is a deep part of the creek.

Perception + Survival to find the water and possibly identify its deepest point: [blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 2, 2, 10, total 14[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Isador on June 17, 2011, 09:01:17 PM
Once Sherie parks the car on the bridge Gary steps out and rushes to the back of the car (perhaps a little too hurried as he nearly trips over himself). Once there, he opens up the trunk. He takes another good look around himself, like he's confident something's gonna try and sneak up on him. He then looks at Sherie expectingly, waiting for her to tell him if we can toss the stiff overboard or not.
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Radical21 on June 18, 2011, 02:19:11 PM
The Darkness below the faintly lit bridge is doesn't allow for much perception and the car's lights only lights the outlines of the rocks on the upper part of the ravine's chasm though Sherie can hear the sounds of rushing water , able to guesstimate that there is a small waterfall a short distance ahead which might lead the body to a deeper pool with the strong current if she wraps the weight around it right so it doesn't anchor too soon.

Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Isador on June 18, 2011, 09:36:18 PM
Gary peers into the distant darkness surrounding the headlights as he waits for Sherie to stop her staring, when suddenly his eyes go wide. He says nothing for a moment, as though his breath stopped dead in his throat. He then turns his head to Sherie and asks, far quieter then ussual

"Can we toss this thing over the edge or not?"

Gary is visibly straining against something...though it's hard to tell if he's just being his usual twitching self or if he's really panicking.
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: _username on June 19, 2011, 02:53:50 AM
"Yeah" she says slowly, still looking over the edge.  "If we tie the bird bath to him, nice and tight, the current should carry him over the little drop-off and into deep water.  It should also keep him out of sight from this road."  She turns back towards the others, and squints at Gary.  He seems very nervous, and she almost asks him if he's ok.  "So...yeah.  We should hurry."
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Isador on June 19, 2011, 10:35:52 AM
Wasting no further time, Gary immediately grabs the birdbath and tries to drag it and the corpse out. He focussed hard on his attempt, a sort of panic behind it like he wants to get it done now.
At Rad's discretion, Gary may spend a point of vitae to raise his strength for the attempt, as Gary's freaking out right now

He drags the birdbath/corpse to the side of the bridge and with an heave, pushes the construct over the side into the waters below. Rubbing his hands over and over, like he cant seem to get whatever dirt was on the birdbath off his hands, he rushes back to the car, and opens the door to the rear passenger seat. "Come on, lets get out of here!" he says, a layer of panic now very noticeable in his voice. He quickly steps into the car and sits down, closing the door behind him.
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Aydoo on June 19, 2011, 11:01:56 AM
Rocking back and forth in the seat Gwen holds her knees curled up. She hears the sound of the bird bath scraping, then nothing until there is a mute splash in the distance. Whimpering to herself she covers her head and leans on the seatbelt.
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Radical21 on June 19, 2011, 04:34:13 PM
The corpse and the weight fall into the darkness below, making a loud splash which means they probably sink in the current.

As Gary rush to close the door something grabs Sherie from under the bridge, in the very low amound of light its seems like something dark and wispy curls around one of her legs trying to yank it back towards the fenced sides of the bridge

initiative rolls in order (Unknown, Sherie, Gary, Gwen):
[blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 5, 10, 6, 3, total 24[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Radical21 on June 19, 2011, 04:47:34 PM
Initiative order top highst:
Sherie
Unknown
Gary
Gwen
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Radical21 on June 19, 2011, 07:16:30 PM
[blockquote]Rolled 1d10 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]

The skinny Treble Charger girl attempts to hold on to the wooden rails to secure herself as her leg gets forcefully pulled off and under the bridge by an unknown force coming from within the Darkness around them.
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Radical21 on June 19, 2011, 07:18:13 PM
[blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 4, 8, 8, 1, total 21[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Isador on June 19, 2011, 07:32:42 PM
Before Gary sits down on his seat he hears Sherie being grabbed and being dragged over the side of the bridge. Acting without thinking, he charges up to her and grabs her by an arm, attempting to pull her back over the side of the bridge. "Dont let go girl!" he shouts, as he puts a foot against the wooden railing to give himself extra leverage.
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Aydoo on June 19, 2011, 07:34:49 PM
Hearing a commotion Gwen pears up out of the car window at the scene, like a child on a long trip watching the world go by.

"Wha?"
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Radical21 on June 19, 2011, 07:35:16 PM
Before Gary can reach her, Sherie's strength falters , her hands slip off the edges of the bridge's fence
The Unrelenting pull on Sherie's leg drags her down and off the bridge..

Plague , Sherie's adopted White Lab Rat jumps out of her hoodie running ,its nimble small body climbs onto the the car and into its front seat window.
A multitude of hollow whispering noises echo from the dark night around as it claims its first victim.
Gary and Gwen can hear a Thud at the side of the Car's hull at that time, on the side of the bridge opposite to the one they dumped the body from, as if something tries to ram into it, hitting it as though trying to push it..

Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Isador on June 19, 2011, 07:42:47 PM
"SON OF A BITCH" yells Gary as he fails to save Sherie, pounding a fist on the wooden railing at the edge of the bridge in frustration. He runs back to the car, getting into the driving seat, setting the car in reverse and immediately attempts to drive away as fast as the thing will go (without blowing out the engine) swearing under his breath the entire time.
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Aydoo on June 19, 2011, 07:52:21 PM
Gwendolyn bangs on the glass of the window as Gary takes control of the car then turns to him furious.

"What the fuck man!?

What. The. Fuck. Gran-pa.

We have to go back. We have to do something!"
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Isador on June 19, 2011, 08:08:25 PM
Gary growls as he tugs on the steering wheel and accelerates the car, driving off into the dark. "DO WHAT!?" He shouts "Get dragged off just like her?? There's something out there that's trying to get us and i'm not gonna die because you wanna jump off that bridge to your death!"
 
He continues to drive, completely panicked, into the darkness, just trying to get some distance between them and the bridge.
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Aydoo on June 19, 2011, 08:11:13 PM
"But we have fucking super powers god damnit! We could fight that thing!?



And and.. I have a gun!"

She pulls it out and waves it around awhile she yells back at him then reholsters it and grabs the steering wheel pulling hard.

"WE HAVE TO GO BACK!"

Quote
STR + Brawl
[blockquote]Rolled 2d10 : 3, 2, total 5[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Aydoo on June 19, 2011, 08:15:57 PM
Courage[blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 8, 2, 2, 6, total 18[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Isador on June 19, 2011, 08:21:36 PM
Gary's jaw nearly drops off his face when he sees Gwen taking out a gun and swinging it around the car. If he was freaking out before, he looks like he might go completely apeshit now.

[[blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 3, 2, 5, 3, total 13[/blockquote]/spoiler]
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Isador on June 19, 2011, 08:49:16 PM
[blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 1, 6, 8, 1, total 16[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Aydoo on June 19, 2011, 08:50:07 PM
Dex+ Athletics[blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 3, 4, 5, 6, total 18[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Radical21 on June 19, 2011, 09:02:38 PM
Freaking out Gary Loses control over the Car, he manages to hit the breaks just in time but it spin, doing a sharp 120 degrees turn which almost flips the car before coming to a complete stop, sending Gwen flying on the backseat.

In the confusion a Gun shot pierces the Car's top as  Gwen's gun fly away landing at the bottom beneath the seats behaind Gary.


Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Isador on June 19, 2011, 09:09:09 PM
Gary closed his eyes as the car began to spin wildly, and tensed up completely after hearing a gunshot. After a few seconds he begins to open his eyes, and judging from the fact that he's not feeling either horrendous pain or is feeling his vital fluids leak out, he must've not get hit. Not bothering to check on the crazy that was sitting next to him, he puts the car in forward and begins to drive again, with even shakier hands then before, though not in any less of a hurry.
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Aydoo on June 19, 2011, 09:10:01 PM
"OOFF"

Gwen lands with a sharp soft thud into the back seat as the carnival ride gets off to a wonderful start. She immediately attempts to search for the firearm under the seat.

Per + Alert[blockquote]Rolled 5d10 : 9, 8, 9, 6, 6, total 38[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Aydoo on June 19, 2011, 09:16:46 PM
Finding the gun she reholsters it in her bra within her shirt a bit more securely this time, then sits up and looks around out the back window.




Gwen shudders, rubs her eyes, then shakes her head.

"What the fuck is up with this place.."

She climbs back to the front passanger seat through the middle console and curls up leaning against the window.

"Lets just get the fuck out of here."
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Isador on June 19, 2011, 09:29:10 PM
"Glad that you can see it my way" Gary says through gritted teeth. He stomps on the steering wheel, mumbling "Damn it all to hell", as they start the drive towards shepards' place.
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Aydoo on June 19, 2011, 09:43:06 PM
Conscience[blockquote]Rolled 2d10 : 10, 7, total 17[/blockquote]
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Radical21 on June 21, 2011, 01:04:26 AM
Sherie's Gone, Gary and Gwen drive Shepard's house, following the directions of the GPS , missing door handle , mud stains on the edges of the rims and a bullet hole on the car's roof above the windshield of the otherwise fine vehicle makes it look rougher and more gritty as it pulls in front of the pale painted big old cottage...
Import Beer bottles, cans and a pair of white boxers and other junk liter the large wooden porch by the entrance where dim yellow light and traces of fog emerge from the indoors.

The fenced edges of the house show a savage garden with an old back-yard toilet standing against the trees,vines and grass that have long been left untended. vines and leaves cover the out house's sides and roof.

Reference Images :
(http://www.louisiana101.com/5-2-03-out_house_1.jpg)
(http://www.dochorsetales.net/Joyce%27sshed/mid-front-shed-viney.jpg)
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Isador on June 21, 2011, 06:27:31 PM
Gary pulls the car over near the house, though away from the front of the house, parking it somewhere where the drunks and junks wont run into it as they go about their business. Seeing the outhouse not too far away (which looks like it lived through the american revolution, including battlescars), and figuring it's better than walking into the house and stirring up all hell, he says "You go into the house, find the others, tell em what happend to Sherie. I'm gonna sleep out there...Sure as hell hope it's sunlight-proof."

Suddenly he considers something and he looks under the seats in the car. After some searching he suddenly starts talking to someone (or something) beneath the car. "Hey there little guy...Sherie aint around right now...but tell ya what, if you want i'll look after you till she gets back, okay?" He waits patiently for an answer
If Gwen listens veeery carefully, she may actually hear some squeeking coming from beneath the carseat
before sighing and replying "Fine, stay in the car then".

Gary steps out of the car and walks to the outhouse, he gets in and locks the door.
Title: Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
Post by: Radical21 on June 21, 2011, 06:32:43 PM
The Door of the small smelly outhouse, far in the back from the main-house, squeaks and resist as Gary opens it, its very old and has thick vines growing all over its length that makes opening it and getting inside slightly uncomfortable though Gary Manages to get in there somehow.