collapse

Author Topic: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?  (Read 6854 times)

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2011, 07:15:16 PM »
Remembering the distant screams of the fleeing assassin, Sherie nods to Gary.  "Right" she mumbles, looking around.  She gets back in the car, starts it up, waits for the others to get in, then pulls forward.  As the car approaches the middle of the bridge, she brings it to a stop.  Looking around for any other cars, pedestrians or other unwelcome visitors, she gets out and peers over the edge of the bridge railing.  She searches the darkness below for what she hopes is a deep part of the creek.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Perception + Survival to find the water and possibly identify its deepest point: [blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 2, 2, 10, total 14[/blockquote]
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2011, 09:01:17 PM »
Once Sherie parks the car on the bridge Gary steps out and rushes to the back of the car (perhaps a little too hurried as he nearly trips over himself). Once there, he opens up the trunk. He takes another good look around himself, like he's confident something's gonna try and sneak up on him. He then looks at Sherie expectingly, waiting for her to tell him if we can toss the stiff overboard or not.

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2011, 02:19:11 PM »
The Darkness below the faintly lit bridge is doesn't allow for much perception and the car's lights only lights the outlines of the rocks on the upper part of the ravine's chasm though Sherie can hear the sounds of rushing water , able to guesstimate that there is a small waterfall a short distance ahead which might lead the body to a deeper pool with the strong current if she wraps the weight around it right so it doesn't anchor too soon.


Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2011, 09:36:18 PM »
Gary peers into the distant darkness surrounding the headlights as he waits for Sherie to stop her staring, when suddenly his eyes go wide. He says nothing for a moment, as though his breath stopped dead in his throat. He then turns his head to Sherie and asks, far quieter then ussual

"Can we toss this thing over the edge or not?"

Gary is visibly straining against something...though it's hard to tell if he's just being his usual twitching self or if he's really panicking.

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2011, 02:53:50 AM »
"Yeah" she says slowly, still looking over the edge.  "If we tie the bird bath to him, nice and tight, the current should carry him over the little drop-off and into deep water.  It should also keep him out of sight from this road."  She turns back towards the others, and squints at Gary.  He seems very nervous, and she almost asks him if he's ok.  "So...yeah.  We should hurry."
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2011, 10:35:52 AM »
Wasting no further time, Gary immediately grabs the birdbath and tries to drag it and the corpse out. He focussed hard on his attempt, a sort of panic behind it like he wants to get it done now.
Spoiler for Hiden:
At Rad's discretion, Gary may spend a point of vitae to raise his strength for the attempt, as Gary's freaking out right now

He drags the birdbath/corpse to the side of the bridge and with an heave, pushes the construct over the side into the waters below. Rubbing his hands over and over, like he cant seem to get whatever dirt was on the birdbath off his hands, he rushes back to the car, and opens the door to the rear passenger seat. "Come on, lets get out of here!" he says, a layer of panic now very noticeable in his voice. He quickly steps into the car and sits down, closing the door behind him.

Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
    • Aydoodle
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2011, 11:01:56 AM »
Rocking back and forth in the seat Gwen holds her knees curled up. She hears the sound of the bird bath scraping, then nothing until there is a mute splash in the distance. Whimpering to herself she covers her head and leans on the seatbelt.

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2011, 04:34:13 PM »
The corpse and the weight fall into the darkness below, making a loud splash which means they probably sink in the current.

As Gary rush to close the door something grabs Sherie from under the bridge, in the very low amound of light its seems like something dark and wispy curls around one of her legs trying to yank it back towards the fenced sides of the bridge

Spoiler for Hiden:
initiative rolls in order (Unknown, Sherie, Gary, Gwen):
[blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 5, 10, 6, 3, total 24[/blockquote]

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2011, 04:47:34 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Initiative order top highst:
Sherie
Unknown
Gary
Gwen

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2011, 07:16:30 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d10 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]

The skinny Treble Charger girl attempts to hold on to the wooden rails to secure herself as her leg gets forcefully pulled off and under the bridge by an unknown force coming from within the Darkness around them.

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2011, 07:18:13 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
[blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 4, 8, 8, 1, total 21[/blockquote]

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2011, 07:32:42 PM »
Before Gary sits down on his seat he hears Sherie being grabbed and being dragged over the side of the bridge. Acting without thinking, he charges up to her and grabs her by an arm, attempting to pull her back over the side of the bridge. "Dont let go girl!" he shouts, as he puts a foot against the wooden railing to give himself extra leverage.

Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
    • Aydoodle
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2011, 07:34:49 PM »
Hearing a commotion Gwen pears up out of the car window at the scene, like a child on a long trip watching the world go by.

"Wha?"

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2011, 07:35:16 PM »
Before Gary can reach her, Sherie's strength falters , her hands slip off the edges of the bridge's fence
The Unrelenting pull on Sherie's leg drags her down and off the bridge..

Plague , Sherie's adopted White Lab Rat jumps out of her hoodie running ,its nimble small body climbs onto the the car and into its front seat window.
A multitude of hollow whispering noises echo from the dark night around as it claims its first victim.
Gary and Gwen can hear a Thud at the side of the Car's hull at that time, on the side of the bridge opposite to the one they dumped the body from, as if something tries to ram into it, hitting it as though trying to push it..

« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 07:45:54 PM by Radical21 »

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2011, 07:42:47 PM »
"SON OF A BITCH" yells Gary as he fails to save Sherie, pounding a fist on the wooden railing at the edge of the bridge in frustration. He runs back to the car, getting into the driving seat, setting the car in reverse and immediately attempts to drive away as fast as the thing will go (without blowing out the engine) swearing under his breath the entire time.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 08:57:42 PM by Isador »