collapse

Author Topic: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?  (Read 6628 times)

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« on: June 02, 2011, 09:26:43 PM »
Aydoo Gwen and Gary are driving on the road after borrowing Adrian's Car , they have a lifeless corpse in the trunk that is very likely to start stinking soon and its already around 04:00 Am  which means the Canadian sun of this season will rise at about three hours.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Notes:
Sherie can effortlessly dig up Shepards address on the GPS's LCD screen

Where do they intend to drive at this point?. for the most parts Warren is pretty much a town or village of cottages and houses in the middle of a forest clearing  so there are forests and trees around the edges of the town.

If there are any questions please do not hesitate to ask or tell of things that need clarification, I should probably get around to making a more detailed map when I have time  .
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 12:30:44 AM by Radical21 »

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 07:36:56 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Conscience (dif = Humanity) [blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 3, 2, 1, total 6[/blockquote]
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 07:51:24 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
...oh, boy.  Nothing like botching a Humanity-related roll.
The headlights cut a narrow swath in the surrounding darkness.  The car cruises through the silent neighborhoods, no doubt filled with families who are sleeping peacefully, unaware of what is happening in their midst.  Sherie mulls over what must be done.  She encounters immediate revulsion at the idea that the body must not only be discarded, but concealed as well.  How long before a body begins to rot...begins to smell bad enough to draw attention?  She tried to remember if any particular CSI episode covered that little detail, but she just can't recall.

She glances over at Gwen.  Injured.  No pants.  No self-control.  No shame.  Sherie grits her teeth and tries to focus on the road.  Then again...why should anybody judge her?  The girl is just trying to stay alive, using her own strengths to survive, given the hand they've all so recently been dealt.  Sherie scowls silently.  "That bitch can figure it out, same as the rest of us" says a nasty little voice inside of her.  Still...since we're all stuck here together, might as well tackle the biggest problems first.

"Near rocks, far rocks" Sherie mutters to nobody in particular.  Raising her voice to a normal tone she says "We need a shovel.  Got to bury this guy."  She glares at Gwen and lowers her voice again.  "Might need to bury you too if you can't keep your shit together."
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 09:56:21 AM »
Gary snickers at Sherie's remark, a big grin appearing on his face. "Sounds like a plan. Just gotta make sure the hole is deep enough, wouldn't want her crawling out again would we?" He continues snickering, like he finds his own joke remarkably funny.

After a few seconds he stops and says "Y'know, might be a better idea to tie some rocks to him and toss him in a river or something. Then nobody 'll find any spots with upturned earth and no little critters will dig him up either..." Gary halts his sentance abruptly, like he suddenly realises something.


Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
    • Aydoodle
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 09:58:12 AM »
As the car hums along and Sherie bitches under her breath, Gwendolyn listlessly leans her head on the glass of the window, the side of her face smushing up against it as she peers at the scenery glancing by at a hurriedly pace.

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 06:35:28 AM »
"Ugh.  This is not gonna be easy."  She considers everything that would be involved in throwing the guard into the river...something heavy to weigh him down with, which would probably involve ropes, nets, rocks, cement or some combination of those things.  In any case, she just can't see a way of gathering the necessary supplies and making it happen before the sun comes up.  "We can't half-ass this" she says, more thinking aloud than actually talking to anybody.  "If we do a bad job of hiding him, and somebody finds him in just a few hours, then whoever is after us will know what we've been up to.  I don't know anything about forensics, but I really doubt he would start to rot in the next few hours.  I say we get to this 'Shepard' guy's house, leave the guard in the trunk for today, then go get better supplies to make sure nobody will find him.  It would be a lot easier to go to a hardware store in the early evening than the early morning."
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 10:53:20 AM »
Gary's smile dissapears as he hears Sherie talking about letting the body in the trunk. He narrows his eyes for a second...pondering deeply. Gary starts talking out loud, mostly to himself. "rocks wont be a problem...a rope...why not get a garbage bag instead? Fill it with rocks, put the guy in, close it up with a knot and toss it in the river? Still, we're in the woods. Where'd we get a garbage bag..."

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 05:45:17 AM »
Sherie glances at the GPS to see how far it will be to the next turn.  "It looks like 5 or 10 minutes to Shepard's place.  If you can come up with a solid plan, using what we have available right now, I'd love to help you out.  If not, I say we park a couple blocks away, get some rest, then figure it out tomorrow night.  Or...you know, after the day."  She becomes keenly aware that their new environment is so profoundly alien, that she doesn't even possess the words to describe day to day actions.  Or is that "night to night" actions?  She furls her brow in mild frustration.  "Or whatever."
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 08:17:12 AM »
Gary looks up, snapping out of his train of thought. He shakes his head, "Nah, unless there's something in this car i didn't notice that we could use, i got no ideas..."
Despite knowing he'll likely not find anything Gary begins peering beneath the chairs, hoping that perhaps he'll come across something they can use. He continues talking as he searches, "We even sure about this...what was it...Shepard? We can get rid of one guard who didn't notice in time miss-drinking-problem over here was nibling on his neck, but a whole house full of semi-drunk party animals is gonna be a problem if they dont so kindly ignore me as Tomaz said they would."

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 11:45:15 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Intelligence+Crafts for Gary
[blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 7, 8, 2, total 17[/blockquote]

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 12:19:56 PM »
Suddenly Gary sits up straight, appearently having a moment of insight. "This thing has jumper cables right? We can use those to tie some rocks to the corpse! Course mister...whats-his-name is gonna have to get new jumpercables for his car, but as long as we dont forget to turn the lights off when we get out of the car that shouldn't be a problem"

Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
    • Aydoodle
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 07:27:43 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Willpower [blockquote]Rolled 6d10 : 5, 9, 10, 8, 10, 10, total 52[/blockquote]

Offline Aydoo

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
    • Aydoodle
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 07:29:07 PM »
Gwendolyn sits up straight, snapping awake from the fugue of the coming dawn. Seems she's visibly gotten her second wind and is ready for whatever, though it is unlikely she has been paying attention to anything thus far.

Offline _username

  • Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 6732
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 08:45:27 PM »
"Yeah, jumper cables would work.  All we would need after that is some cinder blocks or something else heavy enough."  She isn't quite as optimistic about the other problem that Gary brought up, though.  "I'm not real sure if anybody would notice you at Shepard's place.  I mean...you can walk around without anybody noticing, right?  Some kind of mind trick that a lot of us have, right?"
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
Re: IC-1.2: Masquerade Redemption?
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 09:06:16 PM »
Gary looks a little nervous, and hesitates before he speaks "eh...not sure. i dont remember using it, if i have that ability. So far the only thing i know i can do is talk to...well, rats. Aint i lucky..."

He ponders again, rubbing his chin with his thumb, before asking "Does either of you know how to do that? Cause i wouldn't even know where to start. Most of this...you know....stuff, is beyond me." He motions his hands to everyone in the car, like he really doesn't wanna say that everyone here is an undead bloodsucker. "Not that i'm expecting anyone here to understand it any better than me, no offence."
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 09:11:11 PM by Isador »