collapse

Author Topic: IC 1.1-Room 10 03:42 AM OCT 23.  (Read 3418 times)

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
IC 1.1-Room 10 03:42 AM OCT 23.
« on: May 25, 2011, 12:14:19 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
users in Scene: Malavis and Friktion

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 12:04:57 PM by Radical21 »

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
Re: IC-Inside the Motel, Room 03:42 AM OCT 23.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 12:43:23 PM »

Adrian hears footsteps coming up the wooden stairs and followed by a knock on the room's decorated door. Through the blinded and sealed glass window He can also hear someone still screaming their lungs out in the small parking lot.

Offline Friktion

• Methuselah
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 06:09:49 AM »
Adrian shakes his head disapprovingly.  What are the chances that the screaming is unrelated to the company he has been keeping recently.

Adrian looks through the peephole.  Seeing the familiar faces, Adrian lets out a slight annoyed groan.

He opens the door with a smile on his face.

"Good evening."
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 06:39:51 AM by Friktion »

Offline Malavis

• Antediluvian
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 08:17:23 AM »
Burke smiles warmly at Adrian as the door opens.
"Hello again! Thought I'd check to make sure all was well. Plus the drunken crowd in the parking lot was starting to get a bit rowdy. I'm about ready for some turndown service. Everything good?"
Burke doesn't step in until invited, but he glances at the girl briefly, as though offering her up as a snack.

Offline Friktion

• Methuselah
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 09:02:29 AM »
"Please, please come in."  Adrian motions for both of them to enter.  He nonchalantly eyes the woman up and down.

"How much does she know?"  He casually asks Burke, as if the woman was not even there.

Offline Malavis

• Antediluvian
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 12:42:31 PM »
Burke's brow furrows a bit, but his expression becomes nonchalant again quickly.

"Nothing. I brought her with me to find your room. She... Did say something about being a retainer though, but didn't seem like she knew what she was saying. Did you talk with her earlier?"

Burke walks out to the window and peers out, hoping that everything is alright, but with the sneaking suspicion from the yelling that things are NOT ok.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 12:46:43 PM by Malavis »

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 11:27:07 PM »
Shirly clings to Burke's arm as he enters, holding it to her body with both hands as she sees Adrian and an expression of shame and uncertainty fills her face.

"Stop talking about me as If I'm not here, as If I mean nothing to you ! " she pouts in an obvious cry for attention as the two ignore her and talk amongst themselves and Burke is more interested in staring out of the window than returning her affection. Tears flow from her eyes as she stands by the door next to Adrian.

Offline Malavis

• Antediluvian
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 12:11:42 AM »
Burke turns back to her and smiles, reasserting the power of his personality upon her anew.

"Sorry baby. I'm just wanting to make sure we won't be disturbed. There was some moron drinking in the parking lot when I came in, so I was just looking to see if they were still there. Come have a seat, make yourself comfortable." His smile appears genuine, and he sits down on one of the beds in the hotel room and motions her over. He looks over to Adrian, obviously pausing to formulate wording so as not to use his name.

"So what's the plan?"

Offline Friktion

• Methuselah
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 09:00:53 AM »
"Oh goddamn it." Adrian's furrows his brow as he walks past the woman and stands on the other side of the window.  He gazes out into the parking lot, but it's obvious he isn't really looking to see what is going on.  He stops his focus on hearing every detail of what is going on outside and turns to face Burke.

The smile is now gone from his face.

"What's your connection with them?  One's your ghoul, I gathered that much between your colorful interaction.  What about the sewer rat or the crazy chick?  The driver seemed cool and collected, but she probably doesn't trust me for shit.  For that matter, none of them probably do.  However we're a bit different it seems."

Adrian walks over to the woman and cups a hand underneath her chin, tilting it slightly so her eyes reach his.  He smiles at her before letting go and turning back to Burke.

"We're playing the same game.  We're both doing the same tricks to these poor souls, twisting their emotions the exact same way.  I felt it in the car before and judging by her, you're doing it now too.  The only difference as far as I can tell is that you've got babysitting to do.  What do you think crazy gal is going to do without adult supervision?  They need control, they need discipline, and we need to get on the same page."

Adrian walks back to the window where he was standing early, except this time he is facing Burke instead of outside.

"What do you say?  Cut all the bullshit and get on the same team, partner?"

Adrian holds out his hand.

Offline Malavis

• Antediluvian
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 10:17:24 AM »
Burke pauses for a moment, considering. There is a moment when it is unclear what his decision will be, but his forehead unknots and he nods slowly.
He shakes the man's hand.

"Out of everyone I've met tonight, you are the only one who has made much sense. Partners."

Burke tosses his head in the rough direction of the others and scoffs a little.
"To be honest I think crazy chick is going to need to be put down if she keeps acting like this. There hasn't been a moment so far where she's been copus mentus, and she just seems to fuck up every plan I start putting into motion and wondering why I'm being a dick to her."
Gabe lets out a sigh.
"The sewer rat is ok. His name is Gary. He seems to know what's up. He's a bit of a coward, to be perfectly honest, and maybe not cut out for this lifestyle, but I think he'll come around. He and I seem to get along.
The driver was Sherie, I'm not sure what clan she is... And you're right, she doesn't trust you at all. Don't take it personally, we've been through a lot, as I said- and she only JUST started to come around with me. The other one is my ghoul, yes, and not by choice. That's a long story.
As for me- I'm Gabe Burke, as you know- Telcom nerd from San Fran. My dad runs Burke Communications and Affiliates, and well... I used to run the Media branch. Now I'm up here to start up a Canadian division.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Burke Communications (or BCA as it is sometimes called) is a large-scale mobile wireless and home internet provider, similar to AT&T in the states only smaller. Depending on your knowledge of different fields of business, you may have heard of Gabriel- but BCA is well known as being a business model powerhouse and an up-and-coming top 100 company. ST can rule on how much you know, and then I will give you more info. You've definitely heard of BCA, and there's a chance Burke is known to you.
"I... Think I'm a Ventrue, but to be honest I'm not sure. To be honest, none of us know. The prince gave me this book with descriptions of the clans, and it seemed to fit closest, what with the jedi mind tricks and all."
Burke pauses, as though mulling over what he is about to say.
"Forgive me if it's rude, I don't know the protocol... But... What clan are you a part of?"
"Also- if you don't know the prince, where are you from?"

Offline Friktion

• Methuselah
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 12:49:35 AM »
"Me?  Yeah that probably isn't the most etiquette way of saying it, but I've never been one for formality.  I don't have a lineage that I know of, I just survive by picking up tips and tricks here and there."

Adrian sits down on the bed and mentions for the woman to sit next to him.

"Generally it's survival of the fittest, but not anymore.  Now it's about survival of the most prepared.  Take the fools outside for instance.  It's almost dawn and they're outside in a car, covered in blood, committing who knows what kind of crimes.  They didn't have the presence of mind to seek shelter much less ensure the cooperation of the staff.  That's why I like you Gabe Burke, you care about survival."

Offline Malavis

• Antediluvian
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 01:47:15 AM »
Burke's eyes narrow a little, and his forehead knots a tiny bit.

"Well I think it's caring so much about survival that they lose sight of the bigger picture. That's what the nutjob out there is worrying about. In any case, I'm content to let them sort things out for themselves, I've been babysitting since I got turned into what I am, and frankly I'm just not sure why I'm doing it."

Burke pauses for a moment, realizing he's said too much.

"So have we ensured the cooperation of the staff? Or are there others that I should visit?"
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 02:17:14 AM by Malavis »

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 04:10:19 PM »
"Clans? Lineages" Shirly needlessly adjusts her black rim glasses covering her beautiful visage, without thinking she approaches Burke and leans close to him caressing him, as if she can't help but desire to be close to him "Are you two really Scottish Royality?" Her expression brightens as She looks at them excited over enthusiasm "I see now, You are so Dark and Gloomy and so Hot" She looks up dreamy at Burke as her messy silky long blonde hair rests against him " I am the stuff, me, and I'm very cooperative" she smiles at him in the Dim light of the small Motel room...

Spoiler for Hiden:
Sorry it just occurred to me that I only sent the Room description to Friktion so here it is:

The room on the third floor right above the entrance. it contains a large bed covered with white sheets and white Pillows decorated with the Canadian Red Maple leaf on them with nightstands some shelve,empty antique bookcase, and a TV and a Separate shower and Toilets. the Walls are decorated with Art and Wallpapers and the floor  is covered with a wall to wall carpet.  The Window has long red blinds that can be pulled over it.

Offline Friktion

• Methuselah
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 07:50:36 PM »
Adrian tries to focus.  Don't do it, don't do it he mentally chants. Don't do it, don't do it, don't do it.

Adrian looks at the woman as if he's searching for the right words to say.  Suddenly he can't hold it in anymore.  "Aye, we plot the triumphant return of William Wallace!" He exclaims in his best Scottish accent before bursting into gales of uncontrollable, maniacal laughter.  Adrian doubles over, finally being able to laugh about something this forsaken night.

"Oh thank you for that, thank you." Adrian hoarsely whispers, clearly out of breath, wiping red streaks from his eyes.

He turns to Burke.  "I am impressed, sir.  It seems that although we have similar tricks at our disposal, yours are quite more potent."  Adrian stretches his arms out.

"My dear, we are royalty.  And you, well you have just been promoted to my favorite gal."

He walks back to the window and gazes at the horizon for a moment.  Soon it will be daylight he muses to himself.  He pulls out his cell phone and texts his wife that he is okay and that he will not be home to rest tonight.  He ends the message with a promise to check in later and not to try to contact him unless it's an emergency.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I've been thinking of a good way to represent the internal monologue in Adrian's mind and I think it is best achieved through the use of italics.

Offline Malavis

• Antediluvian
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2011, 09:35:04 PM »
Burke feels her warmth as she nuzzles up against him on the bed, and something primal takes him suddenly by surprise. Burke struggles to fight it down once again, not as prepared this time, and startled by its craftiness.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Self-Control [blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 7, 1, 2, 9, total 19[/blockquote]