collapse

Author Topic: IC-1.1 Motel Interior1  (Read 4521 times)

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
IC-1.1 Motel Interior1
« on: June 01, 2011, 03:41:41 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Pasted for room Description reference Only
Once opening the main doors to the Motel, Tomaz enter the restaurant bar, like some kind of fancy Tavern of sorts
a fairly large plank floored room, walls are either covered with polished wood or red wallpaper and various art that makes the place seem warm and busy and interesting even when its really empty.

scattered inside the Restaurant/bar are odd sets of round antique-style tables and chairs each different , like they were picked at a second hand shop or flea market at some point or another and still they look clean and polished.  Lantern lamps light the place with dim light giving it atmosphere.  In the middle of the room, a red velvet carpet passing in a straight line between the Tables, splitting the room in half and Ending at the Checkerboard matte floor on the far side of the room where the open Bar area is.

Tomaz  also notice a Door on the left wall as he walks further towards the bar, That door probably leads to the motel rooms and the upstairs.

The Bar counter by the opposite side of the room is long and made of dark, almost black kind of polished wood. behind it against the far wall is a long liquor cabinet and a small open entrance by the far corner of the room to what must be a small backroom kitchen.
The place is empty though the lights near the Bar that are the brightest in the dimly lit hall are still on, on Top of the Bar counter is an old style Computer CRT screen and keyboard right next to a cash register.

As Tomaz is looking around the room , he suddenly hear a falling like noise on a wooden floor in the dead of night coming from the corridor behind the door on the west wall, shortly after a figure opens the door hastily ,as if almost falling into the Restaurant/Bar's main hall.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Sorry if its not much to go on at this point but I thought I'll let you guys do the character descriptions
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 12:06:12 PM by Radical21 »

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
Re: Interior
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 03:12:02 PM »
Abigail pushes herself into the dimly lit restaurant, nervous, excited, determined and afraid all at once. She had definitely seen something weird in the parking lot. But if it's what she thought it was... that could mean these people were dangerous, very dangerous. And they outnumbered her. She didn't like that one bit. Looking around the bar, she gives a short, sad sigh. Things used to be so simple, in a place not so unlike this, she thought. As she reaches the red carpet laid out across the center of the room, she turns about, catching a glimpse of some eurotrash guy walking in the front entrance.

Her body tightens instinctively. Wait. That's...

She takes a few steps forward, but stops. With a defensive stare that could say "You better not try to kill me", she hesitantly gives the man a short wave.

Please let this work.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Tomaz sees a young blonde woman in her 20s:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Az, sorry about the eurotrash thing :razz: it's dark and she is jumping to conclusions. Feel free to describe Tomaz in more detail if he approaches

Rad: Deactivating EOTB when she sees Tomaz, not wanting him to see her like that. This also explains any poor visibility for her making out Tomaz's features, depending on the dim lighting. If Tomaz is perceptive, he might catch a flash of red in her eyes when she first spots him.

ST Notes: please don't make extra posts if you can avoid it and try to keep the OOC stuff on the OOC thread, Actually I think I might add a mini OOC thread on these Secret rooms for that.

Second ST Edit: Tomaz was already inside for a bit, he did not just come in, so he is not by the entrance, sorry if there was a mixup about that.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 09:13:22 PM by Radical21 »

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Interior
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 11:38:18 PM »
Burke slows when he hits the top of the stairs, hearing the pronounced "thump" below, and catching a shadow on the wall. Reaching out with his senses, he tiptoes down the stairs very slowly, not wanting the person or thing that made the noise to know he's there yet.
Burke shimmies along the wall and peeks around the corner- nervous that their would-be assassins might have followed them.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Stealth Roll [blockquote]Rolled 5d10 : 8, 10, 4, 3, 4, total 29[/blockquote]

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Interior
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 11:43:13 PM »
Burke spots Tomaz in the lobby and is about to walk out to him when a blonde woman he doesn't recognize steps into view. Ducking back into the cover of the stairway, he pokes his head out a tiny bit and watches what happens.
Finally, the guy might prove useful for something. If she guts him, I'll know we've been discovered.
Burke's mind frantically formulates an escape plan, but as it does, his mind keeps catching on images of the woman killing Tomaz, and despite his survival instinct telling him to stay at a safe distance and watch the outcome, Burke can't shake his sympathy for the man. With every part of him telling him to run for it, Burke still remains, worry now knotting his forehead, fear over the thought of watching the man die provoking a surge of powerful emotion within him. He very nearly calls out.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 11:48:33 PM by Malavis »

Offline Azrael

  • Apathetic Toreador
  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 266
Re: Interior
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 07:01:43 AM »
Tomaz immediately puts on his very best smile when the young woman enters the room. Cringing mentally at the state he knows he is in - torn clothes, blood and vomit and mud dried and cracking on...pretty much all of him, and the FREAKING BULLET HOLES in his shirt - he smooths his hair and tilts his dark shades down to get a better look at her. He falls into character reflexively.

"Oh thank god! Listen, I don't want to freak you out, but I think there might be a DRACULA in this place. You know, hanging out."

He chuckles.

"Just joshin. Listen pretty miss, I'm coming back to the city just now from a costume party in the hills, and my friend, who incidentally is DRESSED as a Dracula, is around here somewhere, you haven't seen him have you?"
- az

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
Re: Interior
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 03:26:21 PM »
Abigail stands silently and blinks at the man. Torn clothes. Blood stains. Fuck, he looks like someone messed him up pretty bad. She had no idea what he was talking about either. She was momentarily taken aback by his blunt pronouncement of a "dracula" being here in the motel. What does this lunatic know? she wonders. She inspects him for a moment, an instinctive part of her doing some mental risk-assessment. Thinking he looks like hell and is probably involved with some messed up shit - dangerous shit- she decides that she still needs some answers.

Almost glaring at the man, she takes a step back and slowly lowers her gaze to her bag with a final defensive stare that could have promised pain were it not for her soft face and golden curls. She puts up a hand that says "wait", and opens up the satchel. She rummages through it for a few seconds, not seeming to find whatever it is she is looking for.

Fuck. Of course I left it upstairs. Of course.

She sighs, reaching into her jacket pocket instead and pulling out an old Nokia model flip phone. She flips it open, and it looks like she's dialing a number while shooting the man cautious glances. A few seconds later, she turns the phone around so the man can see it, and takes a few slow steps closer. On the screen are the words of an unsent text message.

Looking for people like that. Do you know any?


Spoiler for Hiden:
Perception+Investigation to notice the bullet holes: [blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 5, 7, 2, total 14[/blockquote]
Intelligence+Medicine to notice that he is not bleeding from the wounds: [blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 4, 4, 5, total 13[/blockquote]

Offline Radical21

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
Re: Interior
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 03:58:07 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Abigail sees tears and large red and brown stains in Tomaz's cloths but it is hard to divine that they are in fact bullet holes (if only she would watch more CSI like Sherie does  :razz: )

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Interior
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 08:47:38 PM »
Burke leans his head out even farther in confusion, mouthing "What the fuck?" when the woman goes for her phone instead of responding to Tomaz's question. Something is definitely not right here. When they are both distracted by the phone, Burke shimmies closer into a door alcove and continues to watch and listen, though he is unable to make out any facial features with the woman's back to him. He notices her slim figure appreciatively, however, and wonders why he instinctively considers this woman a threat. Something in her posture?
Burke trusts his instincts and remains hidden for the time being.

Offline Azrael

  • Apathetic Toreador
  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 266
Re: Interior
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 08:15:13 AM »
Tomaz's smile never falters, but inside his brainworks, his brain works furiously. Possibilities arise and are discarded quickly.

She doesn't want to be overhead There's nobody here and she hasn't motioned me to silence.

she doesn't want me to hear her voice but why? she's a transvestite, and it's manly stupid she's worried I might recognize it unlikely, I haven't given my name and I don't exactly LOOK myself

She's a mute possible, but too soon to say.

She's using a translation program, she doesn't speak english then how could she understand me?

Tomaz shugs mentally.

"People who go to costume parties or...draculas?
- az

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
Re: Interior
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 09:25:51 AM »
Abigail watches nervously as the man in the beat-up clothes smiles at her while he quickly scans the lines on her outstretched phone, and responds to her. Ignoring the glibness in his words, she pulls back the cell phone, types something quickly, and nearly shoves the thing back in his face. Her eyes blaze with impatience.

Not much time. Draculas = Kindred? Then Yes.

She waits for the man to scan over it, trying to read his recognition of the term 'Kindred'. Does he know? she wonders. She pulls the cell phone back again, typing out another message. She hesitates before showing the phone to the man again. Biting her lip and hoping this wasn't about to get her killed, she slowly raises the phone so the man can see it. Her other hand curls into a fist at her side.

Pierre sent me.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Rolling Perception+Empathy to see if she catches a hint whether Tomaz is surprised, confused, impassive, etc. about the Kindred message: [blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 4, 8, 3, total 15[/blockquote]


Offline Azrael

  • Apathetic Toreador
  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 266
Re: Interior
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 04:34:28 AM »
Tomaz stares at her blankly.

"Pardon my French mademoiselle, but qui la baise est Pierre?"
- az

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Interior
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 04:46:39 AM »
Burke has heard enough. He steps clear of his hiding place on the mention of the name Pierre. Unsure at this point if this woman means them harm, but POSITIVE that she is looking for them, he attempts to sneak up behind her and affect a non-chalant pose at a fairly safe distance of about 6 feet.

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Interior
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 04:47:28 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Stealth Roll[blockquote]Rolled 5d10<5 : 6, 7, 7, 4, 4, total 8[/blockquote]

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Interior
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 04:52:26 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
:facepalm: ooops- I rolled 5d10<5 as opposed to 5d10>5. Can't change it now- so it's 3 successes- ignore the slashes through the actual successes. lol

Burke focuses the power of his personality as hard as he can, his bearing becoming regal, authoritative- a trustworthy figure like a police officer or an emmisary of the prince- Safe if agreed with, dangerous if crossed. Letting a small, almost cocky grin cross his face, he opens his mouth to speak.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Presence [blockquote]Rolled 7d10>5 : 10, 4, 7, 9, 10, 6, 5, total 42[/blockquote]

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Interior
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 04:55:51 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
You are both under the effects of Burke's Awe. This combined with him sneaking up on you likely puts you in a rather submissive position.

"I think I'm the one you should be speaking with about that, miss."
Burke stands with his body language closed, not moving, not breathing, affecting the posture of Evan, and hopefully, by extension, that of all elders.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Cha+Performance to appear similar to Evan in bearing and affect the body language of an elder. [blockquote]Rolled 6d10>6 : 9, 3, 4, 8, 7, 9, total 33[/blockquote]

"The question is... Why are you looking for us?"