collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Fog of the Minds Eye: OOC  (Read 19461 times)

Offline Aydoo

• Antediluvian
    • Aydoodle
Fog of the Minds Eye: OOC
« on: July 12, 2011, 12:30:06 AM »
Welcome to "Fog of the Mind's Eye "Out of Character thread.

Please keep all OOC buisness and questions dedicated to this thread, as to not clutterup the In Character threads with uneeded or irrelevant information. Remember for anything un-related to this chronicle there are many other forums and subforums that may be used.

Sheet Assignment

Everyone should have received your sheets by now, and gotten to pick out your Virtues. As listed these are the players to which sheets they received to help keep track of whom is who.

Subject 1
Subject 2
Subject 3  : Voidshaper
Subject 4  : Isador

Subject 5
Subject 6  : Bnic
Subject 7
Subject 8

Subject 9  : Cadmiumcadmium
Subject 10

Subject 11: Radical21
Subject 12: Bigpaw
Subject 13: _Username
Subject 14: Friktion
Subject 15: Malavis

The links you were provided with are the "hard copy" of the sheet that will be updated with whatever relevant information is needed. Do keep these handy, as well as copy for yourself to cross check in the event that I may make a mistake and forget to add or subtract something. :>

Mechanics
House Rules
While this Chronicle is based on the general rules of VtM:Revised, there are a few additions and/or changes I feel will help or I personally rather.

Child Flaw: If you were presented with this flaw, note that it does NOT affect your maximum attribute potential through you are still confined by generational limits. Characters with this flaw are no younger than 12 and no older than 14.  Otherwise it functions at normal.

Auspex: For intents and purposes for detecting Obfusecate, Chimerstry, or any other hidden powers that Auspex would usually detect, Auspex is considered reflexively on. If said power that Auspex is trying to detect is greater in potency than Auspex then Auspex has no effect. If Auspex is greater, it automatically peirces the power. If they are the same there is a contested roll as per corebook.

Fortitude and Potence: Both of these disciplines count as automatic disciplines and thus always on. They also both function the same in the effort to balance the game. Fortitude is automatic soak of one die for BASHING and LETHAL level damage, but must be rolled normally for AGGRIVATED level damage. Potence is an automatic extra Strength feat success when manipulating the world around you, but must be rolled in addition like Strength during combat situations.

Celerity: While giving extra turns and actions as per normal, Celerity eventually takes its toll on the body and may require a Stamina roll during repeated uses.

Obtenebration: Difficulty adjustments according to area lighting.

Advancement

While no XP will be given out, there will be rewards in the form of points as the characters shrug off the eventual effects of the torpor. This presents the characters the ability to advance in any way they see fit. At first these points will be used to grant a few 1 dot Abilities. After the first dot is placed in an Ability if it is not used or trained during roleplay session it cannot further be advanced, nor can new dots be purchased in other skills after the first set of assignment.

For example:

Subject One is assigned 5 dots to place among all abilities. Subject One chooses Athletics, Security, Dodge, Leadership, and Streetwise. Each of these abilities get 1 point and are advanced. Later in the story Subject One is allowed two more dots of assignment. During the Roleplay session Subject One only used Athletics a few times and none of the other relative Abilities that he took. Subject One can then spend the dot on Athletics and thus must hold on to the other untill he is able to spend it on something else. At the next upgrade Subject One is granted 3 dots + 1 unspent. He found that he was using broken bottles alot and is allowed to take 1 Dot in Melee, as well as upgrade or take new Abilities that may have been central to his character in the previous scene.

Merits and Flaws
Everyone is expected to play out their flaws as presented. How this is done is mostly up to you. Each flaw was balanced with a Merit of equivilant point or power. The exception are the Dark Fate and Amnesia Flaws. Everyone was presented with these flaws for a reason. The Amnesia flaw is part of the central theme and limiting factor of the game. It is something to be explored through the story and roleplay of the characters. The Chronicles narrative will be setup as to start you off with a basic frame of what you do and do not know, as well as move the plot forward. The Dark Fate flaw is to show that no matter how hard you try, eventually you are doomed. Everyone is disposable, and at any time something could turn around and snuff you from existance. The World of Darkness is a harsh place, and you never know what is waiting around the bend. All the player characters have no idea what Dark Fate is instore for them and should not pretend to have any knowledge of it. This flaw is for OOC purposes only.

Attributes
Your attributes define whom you are physically, mentally, and socially. They define the basics of your character's capabilities and the sum of who they are as a creature in the world. While your Nature and Demeanor are your characters heart and outward personality, your Attributes affect you on a deeper level. It should be taken into account when roleplaying how your character's Attributes are set. A score of TWO in an attribute is the normal average human level. A score of THREE is average for the supernatural. A score of ONE is below average and should have some affect on your character. Someone with only ONE Intelligence should not be able to put long strings of complicated prose together at a whim, nor should a character of ONE Perception have normal senses (perhaps you need glasses.) Do take this in consideration during your roleplay.

Disciplines

Eventually players will be allowed additional Discipline points. These will have little no baring on the Roleplaying section of the game. Trying to use a Discipline alot just for the sake of use and advancement is pointless, and will eventually be punished. When points are distributed the players will be allowed to either advance their current discipline or aquire a new one based on the discipline pool that the group as a whole has currently. This means that if no one has Dominate, then no one ever will. If a player opts out of advancement and goes for a secondary or tertiary discipline, a die will be rolled and one will be picked randomly from the list. Once a player has aquired three disciplines they will be unable to take a new one until at least two of those are at the 3rd level or more. I'm going to cap this growth at 5 per player if some how this runs long enough to see this eventuality.

Generation

At the start of the Chronicle all characters are effectively 13th Generation. Generation is being hidden for dramatic effect, and there will be periodic reveals that may or may not increase effective Generation. As per core you are to abide by whatever effective Generation you find your character at. So a 13th Generation would have a max Bloodpool of 10, max spenditure of 1 blood point per turn, and would be susceptible to the power of lower Generational kindred. Actions that require more blood spent to activate will likewise take multiple turns to perform unless the kindred is able to spend that much in a turn.

Any questions or comments can either be directed to me personally if you wish, or here if I am currently unavailable. I also take suggestions and player ideas. :>
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 08:57:50 PM by Aydoo »

Offline Aydoo

• Antediluvian
    • Aydoodle
Re: Fog of the Minds Eye: OOC
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 04:11:04 AM »
Thanks _Username for setting up the subform for this and welcome :D

The IC thread is a go! Everyone's BP has been adjusted as well as their free Linguistics. Do PM me your Ability additions.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 06:59:12 AM by Aydoo »

Offline Malavis

• Antediluvian
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 09:22:46 PM »
I've noticed posts are already moving slowly: This concerns me.

Nice work everyone else who has posted, they have been very enjoyable to read so far.

I felt that, as I have not posted yet and several days have gone by, I should say why.
I am holding my post until your characters have had a bit of dialog. I'd like my character to be a little bit of a late arrival- but I am holding on posts from you guys- waiting for the initial panic and uncertainty to be over. Consider it that my intent is to post when the time is right.

Just wanted to let you all know so you weren't waiting on me. Everyone else, get postin! I know we were all very excited to see how this thing turns out, and I would hate to see Aydoo bring the wrath of god down on folks (like me, lol, though I hope I've explained myself adequately) Who aren't posting on the regular :P

Let's get the ball rolling! The last thing I want is to still be in this room in November. You may laugh now, but it DOES happen!

Offline Aydoo

• Antediluvian
    • Aydoodle
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 09:51:23 PM »
I knew Skyra wouldn't have much time to post, as he's usually extremely busy. I had considered this, and was expecting it from him. Everyone else, not so much. I'd like to pretty much echo what Malavis said above. I'm going to give it a day or two, then move forward reguardless.

Offline Bigpaw

• Neonate
  • Overall weird guy
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 10:39:00 PM »
For  the record, and while I know it's poor timing, I had already planned a few days break around here. Expect no post from me till Sunday... Sorry.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

Offline Friktion

• Methuselah
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 11:11:01 PM »
I have set the crying man bear trap, now to see who nibbles!

Just kidding of course. ... ... ... of course.

Offline Voidshaper

• Ancillus
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 12:42:47 AM »
Yeah, I've posted and am waiting for the rest to get their intro posts in before I continue. If it takes too long though, I may just go ahead and work with what we've got.

Offline Aydoo

• Antediluvian
    • Aydoodle
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 01:54:04 AM »
In other news.

Those of us still here. Do continue.

Offline Voidshaper

• Ancillus
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 03:02:48 AM »

So. Full. Of Win.

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 03:50:27 AM »
So not to wait for the rest? I'll post again after Malavis makes his character's intro.

Offline Aydoo

• Antediluvian
    • Aydoodle
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 03:59:06 AM »
Malavis isn't posting till everyone starts with actual dialog. He wants a dramatic entrance. I've read the post already its fine, it just need you know, more people making a plot. Those who haven't posted an intro by Friday are going to be... "dealt" with. :>

I sorta expected this kind of thing so I prepared for this eventuality.

Offline Voidshaper

• Ancillus
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 05:21:13 AM »
Those who haven't posted an intro by Friday are going to be... "dealt" with. :>

Oh noes. Quick! Storyteller bribes! *throws candy*

Offline Friktion

• Methuselah
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 09:54:22 AM »
Those who haven't posted an intro by Friday are going to be... "dealt" with. :>

Oh noes. Quick! Storyteller bribes! *throws candy*