collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One  (Read 22588 times)

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2011, 01:06:09 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Intelligence + Linguistics
Rolled 5d10 : 1, 1, 9, 2, 10, total 23

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2011, 01:10:52 PM »
Cteniz follows close, wringing his hands with anxiety, hoping these children can help him- Praying that they are not spectres. He stands just a little too close, obviously with very little understanding of personal space. These children may recoil with fear, as everyone did, but at least they did not attack him or call him a freak like all the others did. Perhaps they would be kind?

Even if they are spectres, they are at least the kind sort... I don't need to kill them, even if they are not real, do I?

DO NOT DEFY ME, CHILD!!!! PROTECT THE FLESH AND ANNIHILATE THE LIE AS YOUR FATHER DEMANDS; BUT CHOOSE CORRECTLY, or you will be punished. You know what we can do to you.

Yes mother, Protect the flesh. The flesh will be protected. I must choose.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 01:13:30 PM by Malavis »

Offline Bigpaw

  • Neonate
  • **
  • Posts: 71
  • Reputation: +3/-0
  • Overall weird guy
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2011, 03:11:34 PM »
The interaction of the trio around the book was not lost to [12], and he eyed the notebook with eagerness. But there was much tension in their recent awakening, and he trode carefully.

Better not disturb them yet. No one heeded me, we're all so lost.

Leaning over  the recently deceased corpse of the broken man, [12] tried to see whether the man had any things on him that could be construed as tools.

We were here. We should know this place, shouldn't we ? Was the only way out through this rumble ? Or could we escape through the ceiling, the floor, the walls ?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

Offline Bigpaw

  • Neonate
  • **
  • Posts: 71
  • Reputation: +3/-0
  • Overall weird guy
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2011, 03:13:03 PM »
Spoiler for Memory roll:
Intelligence
Rolled 5d10 : 9, 5, 8, 9, 9, total 40
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
  • Reputation: +5/-1
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2011, 06:56:24 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Willpower to resist Intimidate:
Rolled 4d10>5 : 6, 10, 1, 2, total 16

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
  • Reputation: +5/-1
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2011, 07:10:14 PM »
The boy took a step back when the black-robed man approached. He grabbed onto his sister's shoulder, ready to throw her aside, out of harm's way. Or to hide behind her, you coward. This man was trying to scare them. He heard his sister defending him, even as he stood behind her. This wasn't right. He was supposed to be the brave one. He needed to show them that he was in control.

As his sister takes the journal from the man, the boy glares up at the man in the black robes. The scars on his face seem to dance in the dim firelight, shadows filling and emptying out of the rended pools in his skin.

"Leave her alone while she reads"

Spoiler for Hiden:
Courage to confront the man after he has unnerved the boy:
Rolled 4d10 : 6, 1, 7, 6, total 20
which will probably affect...

Manip+Intimidation:
Rolled 6d10 : 6, 10, 5, 9, 2, 2, total 34

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2011, 09:10:58 PM »
Cteniz looks saddened, the lack of camaraderie creating a pained look on his face. His shoulders slump and he turns slowly, dejectedly.

This is why I would have you kill them, Cteniz, A voice thundered in his head; The world will SHUN you. You are not meant to walk amongst these monkeys.
No, father. You are wrong. There are those who would allow me to walk with them. One day I will find them; Perhaps I will kill these children as you ask. We shall see.
Cteniz turns back, his hands fidgeting nervously on the strap of the bag slung over his shoulder.

"Let me know... If... Bending words to your will produces knowledge. I had success but... So little makes sense in this environment. Amsterdam confuses me."

Cteniz picks up the metal tube, more looking for something to distract him from mother and father than any other reason, and walks over to one of the sarcophagi against the wall. He takes a seat in the shadows and waits.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 09:13:56 PM by Malavis »

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2011, 09:25:47 PM »
The girl looks through page after page of the book, her eyes darting over sentences at one time, words the other. She sees the symbols and something inside of her is prodding her...she knows that there is a meaning behind them but she cant see it, like a puzzle for which only a few pieces remain and none of them match. For a second she closes the book, as well as her eyes, as the distractions around her make her lose focus. Come on! I need to figure this out. It may be the only way to escape...i need to make this work. For him.

As she opens her eyes she sees the creepy guy's reaction. He slumps off away from them, a pang of sympathy crossing her. he just looks so sad...even if he is creepy.

She puts a hand on her brother's shoulder. "He's creepy, but i think he's just lonely. Dont scare him too much, maybe he wont scare us either"

She focusses again on the book, trying to block out the distractions around her as she again attempts to see the bigger picture that she knows is there, in between the pieces of the puzzle...


Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2011, 09:25:58 PM »
[Subject 11] blinks, his lips part slightly arching upward and making the sharp edged mustache of his goatee appears falling downward as a disappointed questioning expression cross his face.

None of them Listens, not even a bored glance or a question, his impressive attempt to rally them to a cause of teamwork falls on deaf ears as he finds himself utterly ignored save for Cteniz who mumbled something about the misfortune of Amsterdam.

And then the torches flickered and died out, making more creepy darkness about the place, strangely its less intimidating now that everything is more dark, [11] fumbles in the pockets of his leather jacket for the Cellphone, the light brick as he sees the outline of Cteniz creeping towards the two kids and their emotional bonding.

He considers them as he hears some weird mumbles inside the hall of a voice calling in the dark , one that has not spoken before. He lights up the cellphone and walks over to where he hears the voice, approaching [12] , the low cellphone light illuminating the stone floor before his long bare feet, he walks past the kids and Cteniz overhearing the little brat trying to stand up to himself against the spooky asian guy.

But he must get out of this place somehow, its too boring to stay there, he arrives close to the darkened siluhette of [12], shining the cellphone light at the bald man's eyes.
"Oh its you" The tall dark haired man turns his head to glance back at Cteniz and the kids direction before returning to look at what turned out to be the silent statue like guy from before the lights went out . "Hello" he tries a greeting at the strange man as he curiously blinds him with the Cellphone, trying to light the gloomy [12] so he can see better...

« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 11:04:16 PM by Radical21 »

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2011, 09:28:04 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spend WP, Intelligence + Linguistics
Rolled 5d10>6 : 9, 10, 2, 6, 6, total 19

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2011, 09:30:34 PM »
Cteniz's face briefly twists into a rictus of rage when he is blinded by the cell phone, his eyes momentarily appearing as pitch black orbs as he stares back at you. His eyes are dark, so perhaps it was just your imagination.

From all the way across the room when you address [14] you hear Cteniz speak, despite him not being your intended target, he has clearly responded to you.

"Hello."
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 09:34:55 PM by Malavis »

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2011, 09:43:34 PM »
[11] Turns his head ,doubling back still holding the light at [12] and turning to look at [15] direction for a moment wondering if Cteniz actually responded to him.

"Hey Cteniz, found a way out yet?" he calls to the distance towards the dark silhouette standing next to the figures of the two short kids, Cteniz seems eccentric but he knows something, maybe he will open up  and share if given the chance.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 11:03:49 PM by Radical21 »

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2011, 09:47:51 PM »
A chuckle from the dark outline.

"For a way out, Look in. Mother says... That has always been... Our way."

Cteniz looks around, as though noticing his surroundings for the first time. He taps the metal tube on one of the stone sarcophagi, pondering.

"We need... Permanent light. This won't last long. Strangers get... Stranger... When you cannot see."
Another chuckle, this one a spine tingling, gravelly sound.

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
  • Reputation: +5/-1
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2011, 09:54:37 PM »
The boy's eyes follow the man as he skulks back to his corner, considering his sister's words. She had a gentle heart, he knew...maybe too soft sometimes. But he trusted her, and he would obey. He wouldn't hurt the creepy man. For now.

As his sister begins to read the pages of the book beside him, he leans back against the sarcophagus - items still laid out upon it. He rests the palm of his left hand casually on the hilt of the machete in its sheath at his hip. Standing there, he keeps watch over his sister, craning his neck from side to side every so often to take in the remaining view of the room.

As he waits, he feels something twist in his chest. In their path, his eyes land on the body of the man they had tried to free from the rubble.

He doesn't understand why something smells sweet in this dump. Was it coming from there? Was it...him?

Spoiler for Hiden:
Per+Alertness extended over a few minutes to notice any goings-on:
Rolled 2d10 : 7, 4, total 11


Self-control roll for hunger (Diff. 7):
Rolled 2d10 : 2, 3, total 5

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
  • Reputation: +5/-1
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2011, 10:15:09 PM »
Unable to help himself, the boy finds his feet curiously leading him towards the body's wreck upon the rocks. The torso still lays abandoned on the marble floor, soft colorful round fruit pouring out from it like a cornucopia, basted in some sweet honey that has pooled around it. The boy drops to his knees next to the body and slowly brings his face closer. He puts one hand on the body's shoulder.

Cold. Like dessert.

His fangs descend and he lays into this succulent treat's soft crust, sucking out the cool thick honey. When there is no more honey inside, the boy begins to lap it up from the marble, pulling it towards his mouth with scooped palms, licking the sweetness from his fingers. Having drank the gravy the feast was basted in, he crawls over to where a drumstick pokes out from the rocks, mostly buried and forgotten. He bites into it, and sucks out all the savory juices of the tender meat.

When he finishes, he falls backwards onto the marble beside the leftovers, staring up at the ceiling with a wide-mouthed grin. His eyes flutter in ecstasy as he lays there for several moments. His chest spasms up and down. He is softly laughing at something.

Spoiler for Hiden:
The boy drinks as many BP as he can from the remains of the man that was trapped in the rubble, leaving nothing to waste

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal