PlanetVampire.com Forum

PNP Roleplay => Interactive Story Board => Fog of the Mind's Eye => Topic started by: Aydoo on July 12, 2011, 06:54:19 am

Title: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Aydoo on July 12, 2011, 06:54:19 am
Quote
He reflected deeply, until this feeling completely overwhelmed him and he reached a point where he recognized causes; for to recognize causes, it seemed to him, is to think, and through thought along feelings become knowledge and are not lost, but become real and being to mature.
    Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha (1951), Chapter: Awakening


Chapter 1: "In which a man falls down a hole, and we laugh."

The wheel of time rolls on. You dream of the fires of the camps where you worshiped your gods. Gods who walked among you. Gods who demanded tribute from your body and sometimes your soul. Yet these gods could not always protect you. During the day they hid from the burning orb in the sky, to regain their strength they said. At night they commanded armies to strike down those who would oppose them. Then there was unrest. Invaders came in the night and you were spirited away to be protected.

Fire.
Crashing.

You were sealed into the cradle, it would be well fortified, and you would be safe. Then you slept. You slept so that you would be safe. You slept so that you would be preserved. Time was the most powerful weapon to defeat your god's enemies. So you slept that they might be pleased.

The darkness envelops all your senses. You reach out into the world. The death of men touch your souls as war after war rages on. From the fall of Carthage, Rome, Constantinople, Crusades against kine and kindred alike, and a Hundred Years War engulfing Europe, to the conquests of Madmen both French and German you feel the souls of men leave the world forever. You dream of a great fire from the sky that burns out the soul of a country. You dream of fire that burns so hot, so white that every fabric of the universe in that instant is effected. It scars you. It pulls at you to awaken and call for your gods to bring the peace and order that you knew, yet you sleep. You sleep the ages away and your mind begins to forget your gods. You can barely remember the great city or the long nights there hence.

You can barely remember how they protected you and demanded tribute.
You can barely remember why you slept.

You sleep and you dream.

You dream of a hunger.

A hunger that burns like fire in the pit of your chest. A hunger that over time brings madness and want. The hunger is pain. The hunger is comfort. It demands nourishment. It demands tribute. The hunger is your god. The hunger wishes to be sated, yet the hunger is trapped within while you sleep. It has no where to go and it eats at your mind. You forget the days when you hunted in the open fields. You forget carving statues and idols of your gods. You forget preparing the horses and running dogs. You forget the stories and tales of your age. It fades and your mind is filled with a searing white pain of the hunger as it burrows further and further into your soul.

Yet you sleep.

A wave of red washes over you. There are loud noises. Men with metal tubes that smoke. Screams and an explosion. You find yourself and your fellows holding the bodies a few men and women. They plead and scream and sate your hunger until the very last drop of their souls are torn asunder. As their bodies crumble into ash your hunger fades, and you remember. You remember the language of the romantics. You remember the glass that produces light. You remember carts of iron that propell themselves. You remember you slept, and you remember each others faces but time is a great weapon. It is a double edged sword that fights for no one, and strikes everyone equally. You remember that you forgot.

Welcome.
To the world of tommorow.

You are strangers in a strange land.

The hunger which once raged subsides and you take notice of the finer details of the area around you. As you look around you notice other beings. You know them. They are familiar to you even though you may not all look a like. They are like a long lost friend or sibling you have not seen in years. Each of these beings are wearing simple tattered robes. Some splattered with a red liquid that still drips down. Your mind swirls as images and thoughts try to invade you. You see experiences and things from a world that is not your own. Flashes of someone elses life through ages you have never experienced yourself. One thing sticks out for everyone for sure, the language of the romantics. Intuitively your voice forms and allows you to speek in a tounge you've never heard but some how understand.

You find yourself in a dimly lit ziggurat of impressive size. The walls and floor look as though they were ornately carved from the surrounding stone. Parts have collapsed due to time and wear. In some places water drips down the wall coating the floor with a thin slick substance. Two pillars stand holding up the ceiling one cracked, and a third seems to have fallen. Cracks run across the ceiling from the broken pillar, a long rift starting down the wall where it collapsed to the side stairs. On either side of the stairs are large alcoves stained with an extremely dark color. The stairs lead up to a large altar which is surrounded by a small trough that leads down to the alcoves on the side and middle of the stairs, all stained with the same dark color. In the center of the room is an ornate carving, surrounded by over a dozen large stone crypts. Blood is sprayed across many of them and the floor. Four skeletal bodies are thrown around the immediate area, their alien clothes and effects slightly singed and quite dirty. Several other bodies were pulled into the crypts and mangled expressions of horror frozen on their faces. Another set of stairs leading up to a large doorway have collapsed as the ceiling caved in, fire rages through some of the stone in places and several bodies are crushed underneith. Along the walls and pillars several ancient torches sit in holders, long since burnt out.

(http://i53.tinypic.com/wi4x2u.jpg)

Everyone gets a point of Linguistics. The diablerie and subsequent absorbtion of your prey has stired some of their memories in your fractured mind. You all understand how to speak English and the concepts of the language. Reading it is a different thought all together, and will take time and a Intelligence + Linguistics roll (Difficulty pending on type of text.) As well as being a side effect you gain 3 points into Abilities to be distributed at your pleasure. [PM me your choices.] You have fractured and incomplete knowledge of the modern times in which your prey stemmed from. You have a vague idea of the idea of the kindred condition skewed by the roll of time that has affected your mind. Those with a greater Intelligence score have a greater capacity for learning and thus understand these concepts and times slightly better than the rest.

Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 12, 2011, 04:20:41 pm
The Man crouched behind one of the tomb as if attempting to hide his tall, strong body.
A questioning awkward look of 'oops...I hope no one seen me do this...' instinctively formed on his face,  he could still feel the blood soaked against his Goatee and chin, he licked it slightly, it tasted sweet.  What he did was wrong but he didn't mean to do it. 
The two sharp fangs, his tongue flicked over  them, there was still some sort of euphoria in his body now which made things even more wrong.

"At least it was a swift death...." he said quietly glancing at the Ashen dust remains of the body a short distance in front of him, vaguely remembering how he drank from it , his large powerful hands holding the small fragile body from moving as he feasted upon it, feeling the call of something primal as resistance faded.

He looks at the others wondering if any of them noticed him...
He knew at least one of them also fed with him, however it was all a haze, happened too quickly before he regained his senses and moved to conceal himself as the vessel turned to dust; then after, the ecstasy subsided and the feeling of wrong doing and nakedness settled in.

Physical description:
He is still naked , Tall and muscular, he has a  black goatee and hair that shoots out to all sides, in short he looks like the rough sketch I provided (I thought of giving him cloths but realized that it wouldn't make sense after so much time so ignore that part and imagine him naked, package and all)

(http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4332/aydooschron2.jpg)

Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 12, 2011, 07:47:26 pm
A little girl sits behind the fallen pillar, her eyes shut as she softly hums a tune to herself, cradling something in her arms...

"London bridge is broken down,
Falling down, falling down,
London bridge is falling down,
My fair lady...."

Suddenly her eyes jolt open and she looks at what she's holding. It's a bony arm, covered in the rapidly decaying flesh and skin of it's previous owner. She gasps and tosses it away, it clatters on the stone floor several yads away from her.

She looks down at herself and notices she notices she's covered with blood. Her hands go up to her face, feeling the still extended fangs. Realisation dawns on her face and she mumbles words under her breath that her ears have never heard. She crawls around her pillar, trying to sneak a peak outside of her hiding spot.

The girl has black hair and icey blue eyes. She looks quite pretty, beautiful even, especially for someone her age(http://f6.img.v4.skyrock.com/f60/asin-trisha4ever/pics/537981950_small.jpg)
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 12, 2011, 08:12:17 pm
Hungry...

Need to...for her...somebody. Somebody important. What?


The boy's eyes flutter open and absorb the dim light flickering off the marble tombs. He is laying on his side, next to the mangled body of an unrecognizable man. When he sees the man's caved-in face, one eyeball dangling loose, the boy cries out in panic and shuffles backwards across the dust and rubble-strewn floor until he bumps into something hard and warm. Why are there stairs? Where am I? Who are these people? It's then that he notices the crackling noise of the fires amidst the smoldering rubble, and a wave of heat. Turning his head sharply, the boy looks directly into a small blaze not 5 feet from his face.

He screams.

In a reflexive jolt, the boy haphazardly crawls away from the stairs on his hands and knees, pulling himself forward as if chased by a horrible monster from some old tale. He flees to the nearest corner away from the flames, and huddles naked there, sobbing. His red tears mix with the half-dried blood already caked on his face. Two clean, bright blue eyes full of terror scan the room in a hurry, as his shoulders heave and his fingers tremble, clutching at the stone beneath him.

He doesn't know this place. He doesn't know himself.

The boy couldn't be more than twelve years old. He has medium-length black hair, which is currently an absolute mess of dirt and blood. He might be a cute child, but the extensive scarring on his face, neck, and upper body hamper his appearance. These features are shocking at best, and more often disturbing. 
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/Elladriel/Subject3.jpg)
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Friktion on July 12, 2011, 08:54:26 pm
Eyes barely open, the man stumbles blindly forward.  Trying to wipe the sleep from his face, he is shocked by the dampness on his face and on his hands.  Suddenly he loses his footing, stumbles, and lands painfully on his knees.  He lets out of a yelp of surprise followed by a guttural groan as he feels his knees.  He is unsure if his knees are bleeding or if his hands are just wet from the tears on his face.

Not knowing whether to rub his skinned knees or continue to wipe away at his face, the man just waves his arms frantically for a few moments and then slumps down sobbing.

He doesn't know why he's crying. 

The pain isn't that bad, but this situation just sucks.  He knows he needs to be doing something, needs to be getting his shit together so to speak, but sitting on the cool floor sobbing just seems like the best course of action at the moment.

"And what is that god awful smell?!"

The man appears to be in his mid 20's.  He has well defined facial features and is of average height and build.  His clothing is in tatters around him.  He has a distinctive scar running down his left eye from his hairline to his jaw.  He has another scar on the left side of his mouth from just before the corner of his mouth to just above his chin.(http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/foolishone012/Scar.jpg)
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Bigpaw on July 13, 2011, 12:01:36 am
Hunger... Sleep... Hunger... Sleep...

The endless cycle, of which the mind had hardly been even aware, suddenly broke :

Hunger... BLOOD !

And with that breakpoint in the cycle came rushing a flood of images, sounds, odors, touches, memories and so much more... The conscience that had been so long laying in the chains of Hunger could now perceive two things : a recessing Hunger, and an amount of data the like of which it had never known. But what to make of it ?

After what seemed like another eternity, the conscience had begun filtering enough of those inputs that it was reminded of a fact. It was in a body. It had eyes, hands, fangs...

His body unmoving, he opened his eyes, slowly. What he perceived was somehow familiar, and yet, not so. His mind raced, and he remembered he had ears too. He listened to what they were telling him, and lo ! there was sound around him. From there on, it took a comparably small amount of time to gain back a whole body, and sit. Turning his head around him, he could see that others were gathered too. That would require more thinking. Already he was gauging everyone and everything, his body as unmoving as a statue.

The man was of rather average build, and was rather good-looking.  What stood out though was his bald head, and his eyes that fixed things for seconds without even so much as blinking.

(http://www.stars-portraits.com/img/portraits/stars/y/yul-brynner/yul-brynner-by-witchi.jpg)

Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Aydoo on July 14, 2011, 11:51:51 pm
As you survey your surroundings in the aftermath of the red haze, a distant muffled rumbling can be heard. Small pebbles fall from the tiled ceiling to the floor. In some places larger pieces of stone shift from their current positions. From the south of the room moans can be heard, as a man is trapped waist deep beneith the rubble of the collapsed doorway, a quite large stone piece from the archway having fell on him. Compounded in this are more very large pieces of the surrounding stonework are toppled ontop. It looks to be extremely heavy and if one were to examine it, no one person could lift it or move it. The man bleeds from his mouth and there is a splattering of blood around him, as he groans and pleads as the weight crushes down on him. He doesn't have very long to live.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 15, 2011, 12:37:41 am
The Dark haired man, with his Satyr-ish look , he still can't remember his name, he shift his eyes from side to side and a puzzled expression on his face, something in him feels disappointed no one is looking for him in his efforts to hide, he did something wrong, very wrong...

He glances up as it looks as though the unstable structure starts shaking, the place is going to collapse .

Deciding to act he climbs on top of the tomb he was previously hiding behind to take a look around, standing tall and proud exposing his naked slightly hairy glory and impressive x-rated parts to all who happen to see.
This gives him a better vantage point to look at the surrounding,  he sees the giant fallen pillar nearby and where he thought he heard that girlish song and scream echoing from.  He can also see the statue man and the crying grown man weeping on the floor like a little child and complaining about some smell.

"Hey you!" he says loud enough so the scarred crybaby can hear him hoping to catch his attention , his face twisted in a crooked absurd fake smile as he speaks to the man while glancing around hastily to look around for something to wear or for an exit...

"Hey crying scar-man? stop crying and shape up! we need to get out, we need exit and then we can be happy and free"
The tall man tries his best to put on an encouraging smile which turns out kind of eerie and forced as he kneels on the top of the tomb looking down at the crying man trying to better appeal to him.

Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 15, 2011, 01:03:47 am
The boy hears a shout, and somebody speaking. He understands them.

Courage:
Rolled 4d10 : 7, 10, 4, 1, total 22
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 15, 2011, 01:20:15 am
He needed to get out of here. The room shook, dust and pebbles falling from the cracked ceiling. It's not safe here. I want to go. The boy stands up slowly, bracing himself against the wall. The fire wasn't so close anymore... For the first time, he notices several others in this place with him - grown-ups, not hurt like the ones on the ground.

Dead something inside him spoke. The boy shakes his head, and with all the grim determination of a naked twelve-year old, he strides across the floor, avoiding the jagged splinters of stone until he comes to the center and sees the man standing there, completely bare.

The boy looks up at the dark-haired man defiantly.

"Who are you?"
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 15, 2011, 01:42:05 am
The towering muscular Man twisted  his torso sideways as he noticed the boy, his unerected penis hanging down loosely also dangled bumping onto the sides of his upper hip with the secondary motion, [11]'s Satyr looking features ungracefully glanced down at his vulgar immodesty , before looking back at the scarred kid with curiosity, remembering kids should not actually see such things..

"Scar-Man and Scar-Boy" he laughed thinking that was fairly clever before pausing to consider the interesting question. The brat had a point, he didn't know who he was.

"I am the man who is going to get all of you to safety..." he declared boldly after some thought standing in akimbo above the two people, his eyes shifting between Scar-man and Scar-boy...

"Now don't be frighted, I just need to find some cloths...have you seen any?" he says as he returns to scout around the dark dim lit room only half paying attention.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 15, 2011, 02:03:25 am
You all hear a series of scrapes coming from a shadowed corner of the room, behind some of the crypts. The light from the fire does not reach that far, so it is impossible to see what is making them, but it sounds like someone or someTHING writing or drawing on stone with a piece of chalk or a small rock.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 15, 2011, 02:16:40 am
The dark-haired man's nakedness embarrassed the boy. It is only then that the boy realizes that he, too, is completely exposed. In quick panic, the boy's hands launch down to cover his privates. Looking up at the dark-haired man, the boy tries to act like nothing is wrong. His embarrassment obvious though, and he shifts uncomfortably from one foot to the other. If he were any other boy, it might even look like he desperately needed to relieve himself.

"How do we get out?"
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 15, 2011, 02:27:18 am
[Subject 11]'s eyes shift momentarily to [3] ,puzzled seeing Scar-boy from the corner of his eye before returning to look around towards the center of the room and across, he jumps down walking towards it.

"If you got to pee just do it in the corner, we're leaving soon anyways". He commands Scar-boy when he realizes the kid is no help,
 He looks down at the Crying Scar-man,  offering him his arm to drag the pathetic man up on his feet, his crooked smile still pasted reassuringly on his goatee.

Rolling Charisma for [11] to try and inspire the sad looking [14]
Rolled 1d10 : 7, total 7

Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Bnic on July 15, 2011, 09:16:20 am
As the haze of ancient sleep clears and she very carefully drags her body to a very weak stand, her eyes are flooded with images of the dead and dying and a host others standing around her. She looks down to her hands, they are painted with a mixture of grime and gore. Her thoughts collect in an unusual way...a slow steady train of words, images, emotions, and all very loosely connected. If she hadn't had sense enough to realize she was in her own head, she would have thought she was dead and most assuredly in Hell.

She looks to the others in the room, and has the most curious sensation to suddenly speak, though she is not sure why, as if she had been silenced mid sentance in some previous time. She opens her mouth, her foggy mind expecting full well to say something to them, whoever they are but instead an ugly scream rips past her teeth.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 15, 2011, 10:52:13 am
Scratch, scratch, scratch.
A faint mumbling from the corner of the room in a deep, syrupy voice- One or two words, and something that sounds very much like the word "Father." And then, silence.
Scratch, Scratch, scratch.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 15, 2011, 10:58:51 am
[4] is still hiding behind the pillar, unsure of what to do or where to go. She starts hearing voices...there are people talking nearby, others are crying, one or two scream. She considers what to do, unable to make a decision between the fear that these people are out to hurt her or her curiosity.

Then she hears a voice that strikes her as familiar...so immensely familiar...
Quote
Who are you?

Unable to contain her curiosity anymore, she dares a peek around the pillar, looking for the source of the voice. She sees the scarred boy on the ground...she knows him. She cant remember anything, not her name or his, nor their shared past...but something about his face is so damn familiar...

A small measure of understanding dawns on her. She's yet to find the right word for it, but she already knows what it means. She skips over the pillar, running across the room while avoiding the strangers. She practically jumps the scarred boy, taking him in a tight hug. She finally remembers the word she was looking for.

"Brother"
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 15, 2011, 11:47:02 am
A swell of emotions crash upon the boy as the young girl slams into him, as if somehow her impact - the touch of her skin - brings them to the surface, in brief, incomplete flashes.

It's a calling. A deep, ancient tie that not even the ebbing of time and memory could erase from him. He feels her in every part of him then, as he looks down into those eyes that shine like mirrors. He sees himself in her. He smiles uncontrollably, despite all the rubble, the fires and the screaming. Hot bloody tears well up in his eyes. There is only her.

"Sister."
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Aydoo on July 15, 2011, 06:28:41 pm
The cavern rumbles again, and larger chunks of ceiling tile crash down to the floor. The very walls and floors vibrate around you, as a large stone slab crashes down upon one section of the tombs crushing those inside. A cloud of dust that could easily be mistaken for ash covers the air then settles in short time. Meanwhile the man to the south groans louder and manages to squeak out a gurgled "Hgggeelpg."
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Friktion on July 15, 2011, 07:00:57 pm
[14] accepts the hand of the naked, muscular, wild man and rises unsteadily to his feet.  He sneaks a sniff of the man's hand to see if the foul smell is coming from him.  It is not.

"Yeah let's get out of here before this whole places crashes down on top of us!  We don't want to end up like that poor bastard."

[14] looks around for an exit, but stops his search when he notices the kids hugging.  He also notices that one of them happens to be naked as well.  There seems to be a pattern of nudity in this room that he is not all together comfortable with.  He sneak a nervous glance southward and sighs with relief when he realizes that his clothing, although in shambles and covered in blood, is more or less holding together.

"You may want to change out of your birthday suit before you scar the children.  Oh and speaking of scars, my name is not 'Scar-man', it's..." [14] frowns in thought as he's trying to remember his name.

"Fuck. Anyway it's not important.  Fuck.  Okay you look for an exit and I'll... what the hell is that scratching sound?!  Jesus Christ we are knee-deep in some..." [14]'s message is derailed by the sound of someone screaming like a crazy person and then a soft, painful moan.

"Let's find some survivors and get the hell out of here.  I'll check out the scratching, you check out the screaming, and someone make their way to the moaning."
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 15, 2011, 08:00:22 pm
[4] releases the scarred boy from the hug, covering her face to prevent dust (or ash) from coming into her eyes. She grabs the boy by the hand and drags him to his feet. "Come on, we have to go!'

She runs over to the semi-crushed man, hoping the boy will follow her. She kneels down next to the dying man, "How do we get out of here!?"
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 15, 2011, 08:02:22 pm
The scratches grow in intensity until they are almost frantic, until finally, a grunt of frustration can be heard and a rock skitters into the group from across the room, well worn and scraped.

Blood. It would keep the three quiet for at least a little while.
Something chitinous is crawling just behind my eyes. It wants to tell me something, but can’t get past all the lies trying to cram their way back inside, all of these rats returning to an unsinking ship. I THOUGHT WE AGREED NO MORE RATS- ships. The three told me about the oceans- The separations and distinguishments that came from language and condescension, the moment man said “That’s mine”- The day the world departed from their plan- when they could only watch the ox cart run down the mountain and wish they’d behaved differently. Those damn fools named themselves god, and forgot that the mountain upon which the ox cart rolled had doomed it to the rolling AND their condescension long before they were chuckling over their omnipotence. The mountain was god, fools. Man’s condescension is your own.

But who are these idolators, and why have they been tormenting me all these years?
I remember nothing, yet I remember forgetting everything...

The mind is a prison, a cage. To an immortal who cannot escape the all too fragile mortal coil that binds the mind to the the words that crawl around in his head, the chittering of so many legs, the scratching of so many predators awaiting their meal: This was their opus. To create hell for ONE man and make it the most beautiful suffering anyone had ever endured. To test the will of one who could endure it. And still I dreamed, with only the three and their maddening cycles to keep me company.

Yes, we have all seen hell. It speaks with many voices and is often so intense with pleasure that it cries out in sweet agony. It is bitter excess, sweet denial. It is the web I have refused to weave, for fear of what it would reveal or worse, that it would reveal NOTHING.

It is home, this mind-hell. but now I have awoken to the familiarity of stone. The concrete and the immutable. The banal and the UNCLEAN.
WHY HAST THOU AWAKENED ME?
WHY DIDST THOU NOT AWAKEN ME SOONER, SO THAT I MIGHT PROTECT THESE MONKEYS from themselves??? WHY DID MY BROTHERS FALL SO FRUITLESSLY? WERE THESE WARS NOT SATISFYING TO YOUR THIRST, O GREAT OMNIPRESENT SIGILS OF UNMITIGATED GALL? DID THE RIVERS OF BLOOD PLEASE YOU, O COWARD KINGS?!

Mother, Father, Mother- Why am I here, and why hast thou forsaken me??
But first, please tell me… Who are you? I feel I know I know you but also know I do not know you or why. I am aware of myself as part of a body- Does the hand attain awareness of itself and thus spite the foot for its reticence? Why can I not speak? Why can I not FEEL?


“Am I speaking now, father? Yes. Voices… Are… Ephemeral. Confusing.”
A dark shape in the corner that you likely mistook for a stone or a patch of shadow rises to a full 5’10”. It is a shadowed figure in a long black robe, hooded, with its back turned to the main group.
He turns, slowly, his movement mystifying; indeed he does not seem to move his feet. He seems to levitate, pivoting slowly to face you. Something unsettles you as he begins to reach up to pull back his cowl, and you are overtaken with an immediate Wrongness, something that pulls at your mind faintly, a kind of menace or supernatural air of danger. Indeed, for a moment it overtakes you and he seems to waver in place, very nearly flickering into obscurity but then returning to clarity with that same damnable air of menace floating around him.
The cowl falls slowly around his shoulders, and a wiry Asian man stands before you. At first the menace is all that you see but as your mind moves past the initial startle, you see that he is beautiful too. Indeed, not just  good looking, but almost unnervingly so. Captivating. Almost magical. His skin is perfect, his hair, cropped roughly to a medium length and tousled, frames his strong jaw and incredibly intense eyes perfectly. His eyes bore right into whatever they look at, and he takes in every inch of the room, slowly, coming last to the group itself.

Suddenly, his head cocks sideways, like an animal captured by curiosity.
He appears to look past the group, to some detail beyond the gathered Cainites.
After a moment, he smirks faintly as he returns his gaze to the others, and remains silent as he takes them all in, one at a time, like an unearthly predator taking in a herd of prey animals, his facial expression alternating between a scowl and the raised eyebrows of surprise. And still, his head cocks from side to side, unnervingly. You can hear the vertebrae in his neck click as his head moves from side to side like a confused bird.

After a long, and awkward moment, he raises one hand in a shakespearean gesture that would be melodramatic, were his movement not so perfect, so lithe and captivating. His voice is strangely thick, almost moving too slowly for itself, as he speaks again for a second time: his voice soft, pleading, a captive who does not know his crime, starving, filled with unmitigated rage but no healthy way to express it.

“Wh… Why?







Mother, Father, Mother… WHY???
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Aydoo on July 15, 2011, 08:22:37 pm
The man crushed beneath the large boulder of stonework, gasps for air, gurgles out a few more words, and spits up more blood. You obviously won't get much information out of him while he's being crushed to death under tons of stone. He reaches his arm out trying to grasp at you for help.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 15, 2011, 08:29:53 pm
The girl realises whats wrong. "Brother, help me!"

She takes one of the man's arms in her hands and waits for the boy to come and help her drag the man out from under the rubble.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Bnic on July 15, 2011, 08:50:28 pm
The scream is cut short by a sudden explosion of understanding, like waking from a long nightmare. She moves quickly, seeing the two children move for the man pinned beneath the stones, her bare feet slapping against the wet of the floor beneath her. She can feel something heavy, wet clinging to her body...she doesn't look down, but pads towards the children and the man, long tendrils of damp hair clinging to her shoulders and throat.

She opens her mouth again.

Quote
Take him by the arms
She instructs the children in a drunken cadence.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 15, 2011, 09:11:10 pm
The boy follows his sister like a shadow, like a pair of swans on a lake gliding along beside each other. He feels her magnetic pull and is drawn to her, at a run. He reaches the man in the rubble. He looks hurt, bad. He grabs the man's arm opposite his sister, and sees a woman with dark wet hair walking across the floor. He gives her a curious glance, and returns to his sister's aid.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 15, 2011, 09:12:33 pm
[Subject 11] grins beneath his pointy mustache and goatee as he sees [14] accept his invitation and finally abandoning his miserable whining , [11] has gained another follower he thought as he pulls his arm away scowling with surprise as he notices Scar-man reach to smell it? what a strange person...

"Just be proud of it, its a decent name , Scar-man" he wallops [14] on his shoulder lightly with his big arms and hands , giving him a reassuring pat on the shoulder that may come off a bit strong , "you are ok, now follow me..." .

He looks around in the chaos of the falling pieces of rock and dust, screams, talks, gasps and that strange scratching sound, what is that sound. He sees that Wierd robed Asian guy but there is no time and he needs to leave, there also others that needs his help.
He considers [15] and his question but only pauses for a second before running to help the man buried beneath the rubble.

"Move over" he says to [3] with a bold heroic tone, ungracefully not waiting as he hurls himself pressing against the large stone boulder, the back his disarrayed black hair and muscles rubbing against it to push it away above the half crushed man, trying to lift it and push it back ,hoping the kids would be able to pull the man out.




Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Aydoo on July 15, 2011, 09:17:04 pm
As you pull the man gives a blood curdling scream of pain and an arc of blood lurches out of his gaping mouth across your faces. Slowly then quickly the man seems to be pulled from beneath the stone, only with a large snapping sound. His spine separates from his lower back as the flesh tears from where it was pinned under the rock. Pulling him away from the stonework his intestines and a few other organs slowly drip out his lower cavity with a torrent of blood and gore that threatens to awash the entire area. His grip twitches and the look in his eyes go lifeless as they roll back in his head, a sea of blood surrounding him and you.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 15, 2011, 09:24:39 pm
The man [15] Chuckles, taking a few steps towards the group and watching the others pull the man free. Again, he cocks his head from side to side as he watches the man start to come apart. Chuckling again, he watches as the others are sprayed with blood and gore.

Between the chuckles, [15] manages to say:
"Poor Monkey. I think you broke him."

After speaking, 15 falls completely silent. Eerily so. He stands statue-still at the perimeter of the group, eyes boring into the pooling blood on the floor.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 15, 2011, 09:27:59 pm
[11] scratch the back of his neck after letting go of the stone and backing off from it, 'well that wasn't meant to go that way' he frowns as his brows twist in questions looking at the man bursting out, he feels something in him calling to reach down and taste some of the spilled blood but he knows that would be wrong, very wrong... he looks around  rising above the others trying to find some kind of exit out of the place.

Perception+Alertness

Rolled 3d10 : 2, 5, 10, total 17


Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 15, 2011, 09:29:39 pm
His eyes look up at the ceiling, and as though he was suddenly completely oblivious to what was going on, he begins walking around the room, searching.

"Yes mother- There are patterns here. I see them too."

[15] starts kicking around the ash piles scattered around on the floor.

"These ash monkeys will be forgotten."
As he does so, he investigates them for trinkets, picking up whatever he finds, his thirst for understanding far outweighing his thirst for blood... At least for the time being.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 15, 2011, 09:39:59 pm
The girl drops the torn man to the ground unceremoniously. She's practically growling in frustration...there's a single word burning at her lips that seems fitting for the situation at hand, though she doesn't understand why. It takes her a moment to form and speak it.

"Fuck"

She starts to look around, desperately hoping that there's another way out other than the collapsed passage, or that by some miracle they'd be able to make their own way out. But nothing's in sight. "Come Brother, we dont have time! Look for an exit, we have to get out!" she says as she begins searching behind and in sarcaphogi and pillars, hoping she'd find something they'd be able to escape through.

Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 15, 2011, 09:46:07 pm
PER + Investigation
Rolled 2d10 : 1, 8, total 9
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 15, 2011, 09:52:27 pm
Seeing that there is no exit in sight, the naked [11] decides to follow the strange pretty Asian robed guy, his crooked smile fades replaced with a curious look, "hunnng?"  for some reason he is displeased by the nagging feeling that the deranged man is just ignoring everyone, prancing around and talking to his mother instead of sharing with the rest of them.

"Hey you! with the robes!" he walks past the woman and the kids down the stairs, calling after [15] so he would turn around and notice him.

He sees the man kicking the Ash piles , and he glances down at them as he rush to catch up to the guy that was scratching on the walls before.

"Hey your mother is not here..."
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 15, 2011, 09:58:52 pm
15 moves to each of the ash piles in turn, kicking them so they dissolve into a pile of clothes and trinkets.
I am going to describe these items in a combo of modern terms and unknowns, but to 15 they are all just trinkets that make very little sense to him.

The first ash monkey he comes across is small- the clothes are slightly singed but he can make out what would appear to be a grey and red dress. Cut short, the style is nonetheless very modern. 15 takes no notice of this and picks up a long, highly polished and viciously sharp dagger from the pile.

The second is obviously a man judging by his dress, he wore a brown leather jacket and grey jeans. 15 kicks these unceremoniously to free the ashes as well.
The cowboy boots catch his eye, and, with no small amount of chuckling, he shakes the ash out of the boots and tries them on.
Inconsiderate ash... Too big. Mother, next time send someone with smaller feet.

he moves up the body and finds a set of keys, a wallet, and a pocketknife. There is a man talking to him. He turns.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 15, 2011, 10:08:06 pm
Crouching, he takes in the taller man with quick rotations of his head, keeping his eyes fixed on the man.
"You. Don't see mother? Or father? Or Mother?"
He contemplates.
"With me. All through the sleeping... So I am blessed."

They made you suffer hell.

Suddenly one word comes to him- pounding into him, and he almost falls to his knees in thanks.
Cteniz. MY NAME.

"These ash monkeys have trinkets. more productive than making half monkeys."

The man points to himself.
"Cteniz."
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 15, 2011, 10:12:49 pm
The Tall muscular man comes to a stop as the strange [15] turns to face him, he unceremoniously peers down at the leather jacket and grey jeans  , he glances at [15] and his mouth and brows purse in a silent questioning look, "uh, can I have those?" ', he tries to remember to smile, its so important to smile and his mouth spreads in an eerie fake smirk that stretch across his the triangular satyr look of his face.

He kneels to grab the jacket and jeans as [15] shakes up the cowboy boots.

"Cteniz?" he  looks up at the man as he jumps on one foot, hurriedly trying to get himself and the other leg into the jeans after shaking the dust off.
"Is that your name? I'm... "


Charisma+Performance
(https://forums.planetvampire.com/Themes/Catamosphere2/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d10 : 1, total 1
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 15, 2011, 10:13:49 pm
The man is difficult to look at. His very presence unnerves you.
Eerie presence.

He returns to his pile of ash, feeling over the bodies and making one pile in the middle of the things he does not want for himself. He keeps the dagger in his hand, but piles the wallet, keys, and pocketknife reverently atop the stone crypt. On the floor, he creates a small pile of clothes, all organized as though their owners were laying on their backs with their heads against the crypt.

"Mother... Prefers order. Patterns. So. I will. Father breaks them, but mother is louder now. She does not like that we take ash monkey's trinkets."

He looks down at the man as he puts on the pants.

"Empty seat at the offering table."
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 15, 2011, 10:24:09 pm
Cteniz shimmies over to the other body on the ground, moving his hands over the ash pile, lightly stroking the clothing, disturbing the ash of the body itself only slightly.

"This one was strong."

As he says it, the person shaped ash pile disintegrates fully.

"Rest now."
He pulls the clothes out of the pile, paying momentary attention to the steel-toed shitkicker boots that the man was wearing. He shakes the ash out of these and tries them on. He wiggles his toes and grins manically when he sees that they fit.

"Thank you mother."

He arranges the shirt and black denim jacket as per whatever strange ritual he seems to be making, and then rummages around in the pants. Hanging off the belt is a chipped and worn machete. Cteniz pulls this from its sheath and examines it, before placing it reverently atop the crypt. The objects atop appear to form a pattern, but you cannot make it out yet.

Reaching into the pants, he pulls out a lighter and holds onto it, enjoying the feel of the cool metal, unsure if he wants to part with it yet. Perhaps mother would allow him a few more. He drops it into his hood for safe keeping.

Moving on to the last man near the center of the room, he stops and seems somewhat enraged.
"This one... Secrets... Mother Liked this one for his order."

Angry, he kicks the pile of clothes and scatters the ashes in a wide arc.
"Silent now. Nothing left to love."

Tick. Tick. Tick.
What was that intoxicating sound??
Mother twitched silently within him.
It is BEAUTIFUL!!

Cteniz dives upon the clothes, ripping and tearing, until he finds what he is looking for. A small, polished pocket watch. He holds it lovingly to his cheek, smiling widely.

"May I keep it?"
His task forgotten, he rubs his face against the pocketwatch, before collecting it in his hand with the dagger and dragging the clothes over to the altar. In doing so, he uncovers a leather satchel that he did not see before.

Cteniz scoops this up and lifts it awkwardly over his shoulder, looking a bit encumbered now.

"Mother, I will choose. First I must see how they feel."

He arranges the clothing as per his strange ritual once again, and scurries behind one of the sarcophagi to inspect his prizes.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 15, 2011, 10:26:24 pm
Fits into the cloths, putting on the Leather Jacket as well but it remains open revealing his naked pectorals and abdomen muscles, he looks down at himself shaking his bare feet trying to remove the dust caught between the toe and foot-fingers.

[11] nods at [15] in smiling appreciation "Sure, thanks", empty seat? offering table? what is that guy on about?

He looks as Cteniz racks more possessions in a pile, pocket knife and wallet, he remember these vaguely as useful tools and decides to fetch them while [15] is busy collecting stuff.

Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Aydoo on July 15, 2011, 10:36:34 pm
There is another small rumble through out the cavern, a few pebbles falling to and fro, but then the entire area falls eerily silent except that of the sounds of the creatures [you] prowling through the ashes of the dead. The sound of water can be heard dripping in various places all around you, and the fire still crackles lightly near the caved in stairs [to the south] but is gently dying as it runs out of fuel [and oxygen] to keep burning. The lighting in the room starts to dim in tandem.

Rolled 1d10 : 1, total 1
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 15, 2011, 10:37:35 pm
Cteniz is about to scurry behind the sarcophagus when he sees the man go for the trinkets. He makes a terrifying sound with his mouth- a chittering sound... Something between a rattlesnake and a hiss.

"WAIT!!!"

"Don't touch those yet. Mother has not yet seen them. You may take them when she is sated."
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 15, 2011, 10:50:54 pm
[11] stops just as he is about to grab the things, he looks dumbly at Cteniz  and back at the trinket backing away slowly, he glances at the others  and looks up at the ceiling and around listening as it seems the trembling stopped and the light start to fade.

" How do we get out?"He asks Cteniz as he moves to rest his back against one of the tombs sinking down sliding to sit at its foot, starting to get somewhat worried.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 15, 2011, 10:51:54 pm
The girl, suddenly realising that there is no light beyond the fires, and that having no light would turn it into a very permanent stay indeed, looks around the room desperately for something that she can use...something to stave off the darkness for just a few minutes more.

She looks up, seeing the ancient torches still hanging where they had been put long ago.

Intelligence + Academics (https://forums.planetvampire.com/Themes/Catamosphere2/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 5d10 : 1, 2, 5, 9, 6, total 23
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 15, 2011, 10:56:20 pm
Looking up at the torches she sees the burnt remains of the fuel that had long ago been used to light the torches. Most of it has been blackened but she realises she can still use a small part of it. She begins to gather up the torches, gathering the usable fuel from them into just a few torches to make several that she can use.

Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 15, 2011, 10:56:49 pm
Intelligence + Crafts
Rolled 4d10 : 3, 1, 2, 2, total 8
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Aydoo on July 15, 2011, 10:59:15 pm
[Subject 4] manages to not only destroy the 9 un-working torches in the room, but also destroy the only working torch. They end up looking something like a hobby horse but nothing useable in a manner to cast light or effectively burn for long periods of time. In short there is a pile of rubbish where there was once usable tools.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 15, 2011, 11:03:33 pm
Cteniz rummages through the satchel, coming out with a long metal tube of some kind which he turns over a few times in his hand, trying to ponder its meaning. He puts his ear up to the tube to see if it ticks. no luck.

He puts it down for the time being, rummaging through more of the bag.
He finds some strange device inside, partly crushed- a curious, square thing that fits in the palm of his hand. He looks at it, confused, and pokes one of the numbers.
Recoiling in fear when it lights up, he very nearly drops it. Lastly, he finds what looks like an animal's foot on a keychain. he stares at this in confusion. There are still objects in the satchel, but this is all mother will need. The rest he wanted for himself.
Putting down his favored trinkets (with the notable exception of his beloved pocketwatch), he very nearly squeals with glee when he sees the leather-bound notebook.
WORDS! I will see what they look like finally!

He picks up the metal tube, the notebook, the strange brick, and the rabbit's foot and lays them out on the sarcophagus. He looks up at the ceiling, triumphantly.

"There. Mother has seen them. You may take what you like."
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 15, 2011, 11:05:58 pm
Cteniz scurries back to his hiding place behind the sarcophagus with the journal and his satchel, and gathers up the rest of the trinkets that he did not leave on the sarcophagus. He places them in his satchel and stares at the leather-bound notebook for a little while before finally opening it.

WORDS! How could I have forgotten them?? Why do I still have trouble recalling their meaning?

Cteniz stares at the words on the page, not as individual segments, but as a whole. They are art. They are beautiful. Something within him coils and uncoils happily.

Beautiful.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 15, 2011, 11:18:19 pm
"Thanks!" [11] gets up lazily after watching [15], clearing the dust off the bottom of his jeans and cleaning his hands on his jacket, rubbing them as he eagerly walks to take a look at the array of things Cteniz laid out for him.

He picks up the strange light brick that Cteniz  abandoned, glancing back at the others before grabbing the Wallet and knife as well  shoving them inside the pockets of his leather jacket and walking away towards the pillars north of the chamber to take a look.

He holds out the light brick with the numbers, something about it feels famailiar as he holds it and press one of the numbers, making light pour out of it and wash over his face as he strides, he tries to read it before holding it up hoping to use it to light the darkened places when he reaches the pillars.

Intelligence + Computer
roll failed!


To Clarify, he grabbed and taken : The Cellphone, Wallet and Pocket-knife so he has them now



Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 15, 2011, 11:19:20 pm
Ok, so to clarify in simple language- since I realize this is a little convoluted and spread out over several posts, and that some of it was probably unintelligible, lol:

Currently on the Sarcophagus: Pocketknife, a few sets of keys, a lucky rabbit's foot, A cell Phone, a "Metal tube" with glass on one end that Cteniz couldn't figure out how to operate, some matches, and a worn machete. Cteniz has pocketed a few other items, but left the majority there. There are 2 sets of clothes, one men's and one women's, arranged around the sarcophagus on the floor.

There is also still one other corpse that Cteniz did not touch.

ST Voice: These items are the extent of what is found on these bodies, I let Malavis set the tone of this since they are the characters I'm borrowing from him for this (abiet post mortum) :> So there can really be no "surprise" items found from further searching of those particular bodies. The only other "bodies" are the man that was torn apart by everyone to the "south" of the map, and the ashen remains of some woman.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 15, 2011, 11:27:36 pm
Frustrated with her failure she kicks her failed construction, shattering it. She looks around again, hoping to find a clue...any clue at all at. She notices the carvings on the floor...those may hint at something, if she's lucky. But she isn't big enough, she cant get a good look at them. She attempts to climb onto the fallen pillar to get a better look at the carvings.

Strength + Athletics
Rolled 1d10 : 8, total 8
Dex + Athletics
Rolled 2d10 : 3, 5, total 8
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 15, 2011, 11:33:38 pm
[11] Holds out the Cellphone , spreading some low light in front of him as he looks at the stairs and the altar in the northern part of the chamber, trying to see clues for a way out or anything else that may be of use.

Perception+Investigation

Rolled 3d10 : 5, 10, 1, total 16


Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 15, 2011, 11:35:29 pm
The girl manages to pull herself up onto the pillar with relative ease. She clambers on top of it, but the old stone construct has decayed a lot during it's rest and a piece she happends to step on gives away. She falls off, failing to steady herself, and hits the ground with a soft thud. She gets back up, looking unharmed (though a lot more irritated) and gives it another go. She looks absolutely determined to make this work, even if she seems to climb slower then before.

Strength + Athletics
Rolled 1d10 : 5, total 5
Dexterity + Athletics + Temp Willpower
Rolled 2d10 : 4, 7, total 11
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 15, 2011, 11:38:06 pm
Cteniz attempts to make sense of the words on the page in front of him, finally zeroing in on individual letter and symbols, hoping to figure it out.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 15, 2011, 11:39:00 pm
The words on the page make no sense to him. He focuses on them hard, trying to figure them out.

Spending temp WP
Rolled 4d10 : 5, 9, 8, 3, total 25
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 15, 2011, 11:40:18 pm
Finally managing to reach the top of the pillar, her formerly quick climbing speed reduced to a painful crawl this time around, she raises herself to her full height on top of the fallen stone. A big smile appears on her face, she knows she doesn't look like she's strong or agile so she's proud of having managed to do that all of that without any help. She gazes across the room, taking in the sight of the carvings, attempting to make sense of the patterns, hopefully giving some clue where or what she has to look for to find an exit.

Intelligence + Academics
Rolled 5d10 : 7, 9, 5, 10, 5, total 36
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 15, 2011, 11:51:03 pm
[Subject 11] 's face twist in thought the side of his upper lip and nose flare up as he wrinkles his forehead, he cannot see a hint of an exit...its not that bad, there must be some thing ... maybe there... over there in the darkness... he sneaks closer into the darkness , negotiating the stairs to the northern most wall at the center trying to watch carefully as he lights the path with the cellphone... what a creepy place.

Courage
Rolled 3d10 : 4, 1, 6, total 11


Perceptions+ Alertness
Rolled 3d10 : 6, 2, 9, total 17


Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 15, 2011, 11:57:31 pm
The words begin to make sense in Cteniz's mind- bouncing around in a disorganized fashion, confusing him further. Slowly they begin to form real sentences and make sense a little.

Trying one on for size, Cteniz speaks one aloud.

"Am... Amsterdam."

He holds the pocketwatch close, like a security blanket as he reads.
Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick.
Beautiful...
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 15, 2011, 11:58:09 pm
The girl looks at the sight, sour dissapointment crossing her mind as she doesn't at all find what she's looking for. She sits down on the pillar, folding her arms over her legs. She's out of ideas, there's no way out. The hopelessness of the situation washes over her like a wave, leaving no resistance in it's wake.

She begins rocking back and forth as she starts to cry, small red droplets running down her cheeks.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 16, 2011, 12:06:25 am
[11] Still doesn't see anything helpful, just a wall with some Carving but the darkness around him there and the dripping water makes him feel ill at ease, he covers the cellphone runs back to the pillar with the torches, light and the others... no ,nothing to see there.

He tries to appear casual and just striding as he emerges back from the shadows.

"Ok everyone remain calm!" he holds his hands in front of him towards the others as he addresses them with his broken smirk. "I know the situation isn't ideal but we need to make the best of it and help each-other survive this!"  He looks at them measuring each of the dimly lit figures " Ok here is how this will go: I need two capable people to start digging into the walls, we will work in shifts and two others will replace them at digging , uh, like every two hours!.." He looks at the others hoping that they pay attention to his leadership advice

Charisma+Leadership

Rolled 1d10 : 8, total 8



Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 16, 2011, 12:13:45 am
"Poor Amsterdam."
Cteniz looks up at the man, momentarily surprised by his strength of purpose, but then looks at him as though he is speaking a completely foreign language. Cteniz then returns to his book, attempting to decipher the signs and symbols before him.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Aydoo on July 16, 2011, 12:27:40 am
The lights dim another level. Shadows blast across the temple as the last remaining light flickers from the fire. Everything around [15] seems mysterious and terrifies you [or at least unnerves you.] There is also a terrible smell that can be waffed every now and then coming from somewhere. Your whole world, everything you know, is slowly going dark again.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 16, 2011, 12:31:32 am
Scratching. Voices. Footsteps. Clattering.

Red ripples. Seeing again...

The boy snaps out of it in a fit that sends him staggering backwards. He had been standing there for several moments, over the empty torso, still holding onto one arm and staring blankly at the wreckage of the man's body. He is suddenly aware of the stillness in the room, but for the movements of the few living that are trapped here too. He felt something prickle the back of his neck. Something weird, something scary. He wanted out. He wanted to go home...but...

Where was home?

A feeling strikes him - he doesn't know where she is. He panics. Lost. His head whips around and he quickly sees her climbing a fallen pillar not far from him. Ignoring the edge of terror in the atmosphere coming from somebody in the corner, he walks closer to the pillar, and sees that she's having trouble getting up. Without thinking, he takes two long strides over to the side of the pillar to give her a boost up - but when he gets there she has already scampered up for herself. He beams proudly for her, and tries to climb up after her.

 
Str+Athletics:
Rolled 3d10 : 9, 5, 8, total 22


Dex+Athletics:
Rolled 4d10 : 9, 9, 8, 8, total 34
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 16, 2011, 12:36:10 am
The boy vaults onto the pillar expertly, and sits beside his sister as the lights dim around them. He reaches an arm around her shoulder and squeezes her tightly.

"Shh. We're together again."

As the light fades and shadows gather in the jagged recesses of his scars, [4] can see that the boy is smiling genuinely. It is a twisted, ugly smile - and yet impossibly sincere.

Courage against the pervasive sense of terror that is mounting:
Rolled 4d10 : 3, 1, 8, 5, total 17
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Bigpaw on July 16, 2011, 04:03:20 pm
Having witnessed enough of the events unfold rapidly in front of him - curiosity, [12] tried to make sense of it all. From what clues he had gathered, he knew already that some like them had come here, and found Final Death - dread - at their hands. So there must have been some way in, and it must be nightime outside since he didn't feel sleepy at all. There was a mortal come with them too. They had used tools of this time. Those tools were gathered over there. From the lay of the temple, they were undergound. Soon, it would be Darkness - pleasure - all over here again. There were no exit readily available. Was it the full extent of the situation ?

Some had spoken, and [12] wondered if he still knew the proper use of the muscles involved in the task. It would help.

Brothers, sisters, welcome back to the world of the living. Fear not, for our gods have decided to free us now.

I did it. I spoke, again... the odd feeling of air in lungs, along the throat, stroking the lips...

They would not awake us without giving us the means of doing their will. Surely those lambs they sent have brought a way out.

They have not been thorough in their examination...

The bald man with middle-eastern features and grey eyes stepped up, and found himself naked as well. He froze for a second, then shrugged, and resumed his walk - elation - toward the dead man and the rocks. Why did they collapse, and how ? what tools do the man have with him ? a shovel ? a stick ?

Speech Impediment.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 16, 2011, 06:19:11 pm
The girl wipes the red tears away with her hand, trying to force herself to cool down a little. She looks across the room again, it's dark now but there's still a little visibility left. She sees a few people rummaging through the remains of the dead guys...thats not a bad idea actually.


"There may be something useful left. We better have a look before they take everything." she says to the boy next to her. She drops down from the pillar and walks over to the sarcophacus, looking at the strange metal tube. She picks it up and examines it...what could it be?
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 16, 2011, 06:28:50 pm
Intelligence + Academics diff 9
Rolled 5d10>9 : 6, 6, 5, 5, 2, total 0
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 16, 2011, 06:34:39 pm
The girl flips the strange object over in her hands a few times, running her fingers along it. Nothing really springs to mind, she grabs it with one hand and swings it around. Not much of a club either

Bored, she puts the metal tube back on the sarcophacus.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 16, 2011, 10:58:05 pm
Jumping down after his sister, the boy drops from the pillar, landing softly and sure. He feels bolder when she is around. Something clicks inside of him, like a broken bone being cracked back into place. As he follows her, his steps become more confident. He looks around him at the others, scavenging wreckage and talking amongst themselves. He forgets why he was so afraid of this. He grins.

It's a game.

They stop in front of the sarcophagus with several items strewn about on top of it. The boy grabs a faded black t-shirt and throws it over his head. It slides loosely down over him, covering him to his knees.

It's a game and we're going to win, her and I.

He picks up the machete and turns it over in his hand.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 17, 2011, 06:12:41 am
The blade is worn, but its grip is firm in the boys hands. He faces away from his sister and cuts at the air, lunging forward in mock swordplay. It's a little big for the boy, being sized for adults after all, but he is surprised to find that his strength allows him to wield it; using both of his hands to keep it steady.

Seemingly satisfied, he glances nervously toward the corner where the man in the black robe is standing, staring at something in his hands. The boy shivers. Turning back to the sarcophagus, the boy puts the blade down and picks up the pants with the belt-sheath on them. While he tugs at the belt to remove it from the pants, he leans over and whispers in his sister's ear.

"That man," he says with a nod toward the corner, "He's creepy. I don't like him. We should... be careful."

The belt is free at last, and the boy wraps it around his waistline, turning his loose shirt into a sprightly tunic, the bottom flowing out below the belt like a skirt. He fiddles with the strap for a few moments, trying to adjust it to the furthest hole, making sure it is tightly around him. He pushes the belt pin through and gives it a strong tug to test its hold.

"Who are we?" he asks quietly. "Where are we? Why are we here, with these strange people? This doesn't make any sense."

He grabs the machete from the sarcophagus once more and slowly lowers it into the belt-sheath at his left hip. He bites his lip and bows his head sullenly to stare at his sister's feet.

"It's not fair."

He had to make it right. He doesn't know his name, her name, or anything else. This scares him. The creepy man in the corner scares him. This whole place was dumb. But he knows that he has to protect her, and get her out of here.

Whatever it takes.

He looks up again, into her eyes, looking for some kind of answer. She was older - she... must have always looked after him, he thinks. He trusted her. She's got to have a plan.

"What do we do, sister?"
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 17, 2011, 12:28:53 pm
Cteniz walks briskly, purposefully up to the gathering over by the items.
Holding in his hands a leather-bound Journal, he looks back and forth between the two, the strange light making his features appear more sinister than even before. The satchel is obviously still filled with items, some that he has not yet produced from the bag, and he stands with the journal, eyes darting between the brother and sister quickly.
After a moment, his eyes come to rest on the boy and the machete that he is holding. He takes one step forward, almost daring the boy to make a move. His eyes lock with the smaller lad’s- Indicating that Cteniz is a dangerous creature with whom to mess, and not to risk giving the wrong impression with that blade.
Manip+Intimidation
Rolled 3d10 : 7, 6, 1, total 14

His face then immediately melts into one of supplication, eyes darting down to the book in front of him, hand resting atop it in reverence, as though it were a holy scripture.

“They… Looked for ancients for the Bishop. They searched and fought for… Amsterdam. And. They… “
The man looks as though he might burst into a fit of rage at any moment. He moves his hands as though contemplating the idea of tearing the leatherbound book in two.
“These words. They… MEAN so much when I read them- hear them. But Father takes the meaning away before I can speak. I must use… Proxies. Intent. Fades. Mother, why gift me with this to torment me with father’s...” Cteniz pauses, remembering that he is in company. His arms come down, his eyes lower from their pose of supplication. He looks at the two children before him.
“You… You are the more real than the others. All of this is… More real than the visions… You are the other mother’s trickery, are you not? Teaching me not to feel. Countless times I’ve KILLED THEM ALL!!! only to watch them fade. But if you are real, I cannot harm you. Oh…” The man wrings his hands some more, making the binding of the book creak in response. He leans in close to the children, frighteningly so.
“PLEASE! Tell me you are not spectres… Please be real!! Tell me that I am FINALLY AWAKE!!”

Am I awake? Or should I kill them all? The visions deserve to die- but The flesh must be protected, child. Your task is to discover which is which.

The man’s head sinks, defeated.
“This torment will never end.”
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 17, 2011, 12:38:53 pm
The girl avoid her brother's eyes, afraid that her own will give away her despair at this situation. Got to be strong now...for the both of us.

"I dont know brother. We'll find a way out, i promise," she says, trying to make herself sound convincing.

It is then that she notices the creepy man getting closer to her and her brother. After watching the man ramble and obviously trying to intimidate her brother, she steps between the two.

"Stay away from him," she says angrily. If she's afraid she's not showing it.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 17, 2011, 12:38:53 pm
Cteniz sighs, appearing vulnerable for just a moment, and extending the Journal to the girl, a peace offering.

"I have... Been alone... For longer than this mind remembers. There have been other minds. Their names are gone. I am... Cteniz." 
Phonetic: Stenitz.

"I don't want... To be alone. Can you... Make these words come to order? My will cannot discipline them. They do not fear me as flesh does. You both fear me, that is why I think you are flesh, and not words. I want to believe you are real."

Cteniz appears anxious, as though unfamiliar with the idea of conversation. He holds the book out to the girl, his facial expression inexplicable, almost a smile, almost a sneer, as though he is unfamiliar with the facial expression and is trying his best. His eyes are too wide for the facial expression that he wears, so he ends up looking much more terrifying than he likely intends.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 17, 2011, 01:05:38 pm
The girl isn't sure what she thinks of this man. He doesn't talk normal...whatever normal is supposed to be in a situation like this, everything about him is creepy. But that book....it could be useful.

She gingerly extends a hand takes the book from the man's hand, before quickly walking back to her brother, letting him peek into the book as well as she tries to make sense of anything written in it. It's hard for her...like reading is something alien to her.

Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 17, 2011, 01:06:09 pm
Intelligence + Linguistics
Rolled 5d10 : 1, 1, 9, 2, 10, total 23
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 17, 2011, 01:10:52 pm
Cteniz follows close, wringing his hands with anxiety, hoping these children can help him- Praying that they are not spectres. He stands just a little too close, obviously with very little understanding of personal space. These children may recoil with fear, as everyone did, but at least they did not attack him or call him a freak like all the others did. Perhaps they would be kind?

Even if they are spectres, they are at least the kind sort... I don't need to kill them, even if they are not real, do I?

DO NOT DEFY ME, CHILD!!!! PROTECT THE FLESH AND ANNIHILATE THE LIE AS YOUR FATHER DEMANDS; BUT CHOOSE CORRECTLY, or you will be punished. You know what we can do to you.

Yes mother, Protect the flesh. The flesh will be protected. I must choose.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Bigpaw on July 17, 2011, 03:11:34 pm
The interaction of the trio around the book was not lost to [12], and he eyed the notebook with eagerness. But there was much tension in their recent awakening, and he trode carefully.

Better not disturb them yet. No one heeded me, we're all so lost.

Leaning over  the recently deceased corpse of the broken man, [12] tried to see whether the man had any things on him that could be construed as tools.

We were here. We should know this place, shouldn't we ? Was the only way out through this rumble ? Or could we escape through the ceiling, the floor, the walls ?
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Bigpaw on July 17, 2011, 03:13:03 pm
Intelligence
Rolled 5d10 : 9, 5, 8, 9, 9, total 40
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 17, 2011, 06:56:24 pm
Willpower to resist Intimidate:
Rolled 4d10>5 : 6, 10, 1, 2, total 16
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 17, 2011, 07:10:14 pm
The boy took a step back when the black-robed man approached. He grabbed onto his sister's shoulder, ready to throw her aside, out of harm's way. Or to hide behind her, you coward. This man was trying to scare them. He heard his sister defending him, even as he stood behind her. This wasn't right. He was supposed to be the brave one. He needed to show them that he was in control.

As his sister takes the journal from the man, the boy glares up at the man in the black robes. The scars on his face seem to dance in the dim firelight, shadows filling and emptying out of the rended pools in his skin.

"Leave her alone while she reads"

Courage to confront the man after he has unnerved the boy:
Rolled 4d10 : 6, 1, 7, 6, total 20
which will probably affect...

Manip+Intimidation:
Rolled 6d10 : 6, 10, 5, 9, 2, 2, total 34
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 17, 2011, 09:10:58 pm
Cteniz looks saddened, the lack of camaraderie creating a pained look on his face. His shoulders slump and he turns slowly, dejectedly.

This is why I would have you kill them, Cteniz, A voice thundered in his head; The world will SHUN you. You are not meant to walk amongst these monkeys.
No, father. You are wrong. There are those who would allow me to walk with them. One day I will find them; Perhaps I will kill these children as you ask. We shall see.
Cteniz turns back, his hands fidgeting nervously on the strap of the bag slung over his shoulder.

"Let me know... If... Bending words to your will produces knowledge. I had success but... So little makes sense in this environment. Amsterdam confuses me."

Cteniz picks up the metal tube, more looking for something to distract him from mother and father than any other reason, and walks over to one of the sarcophagi against the wall. He takes a seat in the shadows and waits.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 17, 2011, 09:25:47 pm
The girl looks through page after page of the book, her eyes darting over sentences at one time, words the other. She sees the symbols and something inside of her is prodding her...she knows that there is a meaning behind them but she cant see it, like a puzzle for which only a few pieces remain and none of them match. For a second she closes the book, as well as her eyes, as the distractions around her make her lose focus. Come on! I need to figure this out. It may be the only way to escape...i need to make this work. For him.

As she opens her eyes she sees the creepy guy's reaction. He slumps off away from them, a pang of sympathy crossing her. he just looks so sad...even if he is creepy.

She puts a hand on her brother's shoulder. "He's creepy, but i think he's just lonely. Dont scare him too much, maybe he wont scare us either"

She focusses again on the book, trying to block out the distractions around her as she again attempts to see the bigger picture that she knows is there, in between the pieces of the puzzle...

Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 17, 2011, 09:25:58 pm
[Subject 11] blinks, his lips part slightly arching upward and making the sharp edged mustache of his goatee appears falling downward as a disappointed questioning expression cross his face.

None of them Listens, not even a bored glance or a question, his impressive attempt to rally them to a cause of teamwork falls on deaf ears as he finds himself utterly ignored save for Cteniz who mumbled something about the misfortune of Amsterdam.

And then the torches flickered and died out, making more creepy darkness about the place, strangely its less intimidating now that everything is more dark, [11] fumbles in the pockets of his leather jacket for the Cellphone, the light brick as he sees the outline of Cteniz creeping towards the two kids and their emotional bonding.

He considers them as he hears some weird mumbles inside the hall of a voice calling in the dark , one that has not spoken before. He lights up the cellphone and walks over to where he hears the voice, approaching [12] , the low cellphone light illuminating the stone floor before his long bare feet, he walks past the kids and Cteniz overhearing the little brat trying to stand up to himself against the spooky asian guy.

But he must get out of this place somehow, its too boring to stay there, he arrives close to the darkened siluhette of [12], shining the cellphone light at the bald man's eyes.
"Oh its you" The tall dark haired man turns his head to glance back at Cteniz and the kids direction before returning to look at what turned out to be the silent statue like guy from before the lights went out . "Hello" he tries a greeting at the strange man as he curiously blinds him with the Cellphone, trying to light the gloomy [12] so he can see better...

Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 17, 2011, 09:28:04 pm
Spend WP, Intelligence + Linguistics
Rolled 5d10>6 : 9, 10, 2, 6, 6, total 19
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 17, 2011, 09:30:34 pm
Cteniz's face briefly twists into a rictus of rage when he is blinded by the cell phone, his eyes momentarily appearing as pitch black orbs as he stares back at you. His eyes are dark, so perhaps it was just your imagination.

From all the way across the room when you address [14] you hear Cteniz speak, despite him not being your intended target, he has clearly responded to you.

"Hello."
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 17, 2011, 09:43:34 pm
[11] Turns his head ,doubling back still holding the light at [12] and turning to look at [15] direction for a moment wondering if Cteniz actually responded to him.

"Hey Cteniz, found a way out yet?" he calls to the distance towards the dark silhouette standing next to the figures of the two short kids, Cteniz seems eccentric but he knows something, maybe he will open up  and share if given the chance.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 17, 2011, 09:47:51 pm
A chuckle from the dark outline.

"For a way out, Look in. Mother says... That has always been... Our way."

Cteniz looks around, as though noticing his surroundings for the first time. He taps the metal tube on one of the stone sarcophagi, pondering.

"We need... Permanent light. This won't last long. Strangers get... Stranger... When you cannot see."
Another chuckle, this one a spine tingling, gravelly sound.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 17, 2011, 09:54:37 pm
The boy's eyes follow the man as he skulks back to his corner, considering his sister's words. She had a gentle heart, he knew...maybe too soft sometimes. But he trusted her, and he would obey. He wouldn't hurt the creepy man. For now.

As his sister begins to read the pages of the book beside him, he leans back against the sarcophagus - items still laid out upon it. He rests the palm of his left hand casually on the hilt of the machete in its sheath at his hip. Standing there, he keeps watch over his sister, craning his neck from side to side every so often to take in the remaining view of the room.

As he waits, he feels something twist in his chest. In their path, his eyes land on the body of the man they had tried to free from the rubble.

He doesn't understand why something smells sweet in this dump. Was it coming from there? Was it...him?

Per+Alertness extended over a few minutes to notice any goings-on:
Rolled 2d10 : 7, 4, total 11


Self-control roll for hunger (Diff. 7):
Rolled 2d10 : 2, 3, total 5
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 17, 2011, 10:15:09 pm
Unable to help himself, the boy finds his feet curiously leading him towards the body's wreck upon the rocks. The torso still lays abandoned on the marble floor, soft colorful round fruit pouring out from it like a cornucopia, basted in some sweet honey that has pooled around it. The boy drops to his knees next to the body and slowly brings his face closer. He puts one hand on the body's shoulder.

Cold. Like dessert.

His fangs descend and he lays into this succulent treat's soft crust, sucking out the cool thick honey. When there is no more honey inside, the boy begins to lap it up from the marble, pulling it towards his mouth with scooped palms, licking the sweetness from his fingers. Having drank the gravy the feast was basted in, he crawls over to where a drumstick pokes out from the rocks, mostly buried and forgotten. He bites into it, and sucks out all the savory juices of the tender meat.

When he finishes, he falls backwards onto the marble beside the leftovers, staring up at the ceiling with a wide-mouthed grin. His eyes flutter in ecstasy as he lays there for several moments. His chest spasms up and down. He is softly laughing at something.

The boy drinks as many BP as he can from the remains of the man that was trapped in the rubble, leaving nothing to waste
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 17, 2011, 10:31:49 pm
Rolled 3d10 : 7, 1, 2, total 10
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 17, 2011, 10:36:17 pm
Cteniz walks up behind the girl as she reads, his shitkicker boots making more noise than he anticipated. It is likely she heard him coming up behind her.

Suddenly he is there, standing over her, attempting to look nonthreatening but still looking quite creepy in spite of himself.

"Your... Brother...
He looks at me as though I am a freak, tells me to stay back. But it appears it is he who is the monster. I wonder... Are you like him? And if you are a monster can you be made to... trust a monster? Father does not want me to trust you. But there is... Something about both of you. I want to help."
Title: [12]
Post by: Bigpaw on July 17, 2011, 10:54:12 pm
As he was carefully studying the surroundings of the torn body near the rumble, [12] heard some sucking noises from nearby. Turning his head, he found the young scarred boy sucking BLOOD from the corpse, and something inside him growled.

It is mine !

But his upper brain quickly reasserted himself, loath as he was to let go after such a long time. Better to try and foster cooperation than fight, then. Did he still remember how it was done to relate to others ? It hadn't seemed so the moment before, but maybe it needed more practice is all.

The bald man leaned forward, and muttered...

Kid..., beware the rumble. You don't want to get caught below.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Bigpaw on July 17, 2011, 10:54:44 pm
Rolled 2d10 : 7, 10, total 17
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 17, 2011, 11:02:45 pm
"Look in?" another crazy crack [11] thought, or was it? there was much that he could not remember about himself and Cteniz's chuckling comments only reminded him of that.

Cteniz was right about permanent light, [11] felt grateful that he grabbed the cellphone before the little monsters got their hands on it.

 But he must find some way to help the rest of them, they would look up to him if he will and that strange unexplained familiarity or kinship that he had towards them probably

He sat down nearby [12], turning off the cellphone light and contemplating all of these, he felt overly serious doing that cause this place was stupid,
Unclear if this was hell or just a burial pit of unknown purpose, he must try to remember, still it wouldn't make much sense for fire in hell to simply die out so it was probably the latter.
[11] knew what he was, a monster of the night who drinks the blood of others and they were the same as he for they all drank and all committed the same wrong deed, and yet it didn't feel that bad for something wrong and evil, it actually felt good as funny as it was... being evil felt good or being evil felt evil and he was just really evil, maybe that was the way the gods intended him to be and all the others around him were just his next meal, or maybe his entertainment or just others, evil like him, Demons that the gods decided to torment with boredom so they would relieve that boredom on whatever innocent victim that the gods wanted to punish.

He considered the others ,tried to remember their faces,  where he knew them from and why they felt so familiar, maybe if he looks inside and sat there like the Statue man he could also come up with weird impressive statements.

Intelligence to try and realize more details

Rolled 2d10 : 8, 4, total 12


PS. my bad I just realized Bigpaw was [12] and not [14], sorry for the misunderstanding






Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 17, 2011, 11:47:29 pm
The girl seems completely lost in her book untill the moment when Cteniz right next to her. She looks up from her book, listening intently as he speaks. Something inside of her is afraid that if she moves now, he'll lunge at her, but hearing him speak gives her the idea he's just doesn't know what to do with himself.

Hearing him mention her brother, she looks over to him and sees him greedily lapping blood off the corpse. A realisation dawns over her...she lifts her hand from her book to her mouth, letting a fang slide out. She runs a finger along it's length, suprised at how long and sharp it is. "A monster..." she whispers softly.

She looks up at Cteniz, nodding softly. "We need to get out of here as soon as possible. I...I think I can read this," she says, a small smile forming on her face, before she quickly resumes reading.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Aydoo on July 18, 2011, 03:51:42 am
As  [3] laps up the blood and gore on the floor as well as the mist left within the flesh something wells up inside him. A pain. As if a thousand people were kicking him in the testicles and stomach at the same time. In the next moment a torrent of blood escapes his mouth and sprays the immediate area. [3] is left gaping, spoiled vitae dripping from his jaw.

Feeding from the dead, whom has mixed their blood with bile and other nasty things the body produces is usually a bad idea, not to mention whatever was on the ancient floor. While he managed to imbibe three blood points worth of blood he, immediately vomits them back out including one extra (so you are -1 bp), as well as the stress on his immature body causing one point of bashing damage from the violent force of the excretion. Roll stamina + fortitude to soak.

[4] manages to read and understand the words written in the leather bound journal. While many concepts are foreign and strange she would still be able to read them aloud with sufficient lighting. Unfortunately the book is damaged and only few passages survive.

You may read aloud the passage if you wish with the help of the phone lighting or if there is more lighting added, let me know and I'll post the passages.

Also to figure out the flashlight is INT+ Academics, Diff 9, a botch breaks the bulb. Same goes for any other modern technology for the moment including the phone (other than flipping it open for light)

Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 18, 2011, 04:39:58 am
Stomach ache. Brain freeze. It hurt. It...

Blood sprays violently out of the boy's mouth, a gruesome fountain. He seizes on the floor, flailing around like a fish out of water.

Stamina to soak:
Rolled 1d10 : 2, total 2
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 18, 2011, 04:51:05 am
The last gout of blood splashes onto [12]'s shins. The boy lays there in a fetal position, in pain. Confused. It had smelt so sweet...Why?

He felt physically drained, and hungrier than before. He hated this stupid room and its stupid fake food. He hated the people in it. He hated himself for not knowing who he was, or who his own sister was. The sickness made him feel helpless, and that in turn made him even more upset. He heard thunder, in between his ribs where the pain was. Again and again it came, until the boy heard only the drum-beat of words inside.

They would not like what it told him to do.

[3] takes 1 point of bashing damage and is left with 2BP, teetering on the edge with his beast.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 18, 2011, 04:58:03 am
Looks like the broken monkey got retribution. Ironic.

Cteniz starts forward to help the boy, but then pauses, turning back to the girl, waiting for her indication.
He was so overjoyed that she agreed to work with him, he couldn't throw it all away now if she misread his intent.
He looks to the girl, eyes full of awkwardness.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 18, 2011, 03:56:42 pm
The girl focusses intently on the text...but the lack of light makes it far too hard to comprehend the words. "Some more light would be nice..." she says softly, as if she's primarily adressing herself.

When she hears her brother writhing in agony, however, she immediately lifts her gaze from her book and to him. She sees him covered in blood, obviously in distress. She quickly closes the book, keeping it close to her chest to keep it safe as she runs over to him. A few paces short of reaching him she stops....she looks panicked. She wants to help him but she doesn't know how. 

"Brother, are you okay?" she asks, desperate for any sign that he's not dying on her.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Bigpaw on July 18, 2011, 11:16:36 pm
Though he had not leaned too closely toward the kid, [12] couldn't avoid the splash of blood on his shins. The smell of it would have been intoxicating if the kid had not been in a seizure because of it. Instead, he recoiled away from the boy, and turned his back to him.

Easy does it, kid. Slow, slow...

[12] spared a glance at the light-giving device held by [11], and wondered where he had seen the man. Or was it the thing. Anyway, there was something familiar about this. It was... it was...

Thinking was hard. Between the Beast inside that wanted much more after the first taste, and the strange sensation of merely being, it was hard not be overwhelmed. Steering his mind toward more useful purposes, [12] tried to focus on those pangs of memory that were assailing the borders of his intellect.

In a flash of inspiration, [12] sprang and strode toward the metal tube and the glass in the rubbish pile. He grabbed it, and made a few swings, then tried it against the closest pillar. The glass broke to his satisfaction, and he nodded solemnly.

As I thought. It is some sort of mace, and this glass is made to break into the wound, aggravating it. Some sort of ritual weapon, probably... Maybe they're not all heathens...
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 19, 2011, 09:55:16 am
Cteniz follows the girl, throttling the metal tube between his hands as he seeks some way to alleviate his anxiety.

"I seem to remember... Living. On borrowed..."


Cteniz cocks his head when he looks at the metal tube, as though only just realizing it was there. He looks down at the boy, sighing. He listens carefully to the sound of the pocketwatch in his bag and smiles.

"Time."

Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Aydoo on July 19, 2011, 10:08:10 am
And then there is nothing but darkness. The last vestiges of light from the fire die, leaving nothing but a thick blackness around you. For the moment it would almost seem as though you were dreaming again, like you were lost in the stillness of your mind. Yet there is a greater awareness as...


Everyone gets a reaction post. No actions allowed. For the moment electronics cease to work as well. I'll post the 2nd half when I wake up after everyone has their little episode about the darkness.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 19, 2011, 10:26:19 am
An inhuman hiss and a chitter resonates throughout the room. It is difficult to tell where it came from.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 19, 2011, 03:34:17 pm
His chest was on fire. Pain seared through his flesh still, but he could tell that it was going away. Slowly...

And then everything went black. Not sure if he had fallen asleep, the boy struggles to get up on his elbows, a clear tone of panic in his hoarse voice.

"S-suh...Sister!? Whe..re..."

He focused on steadying himself. He needed to get up off the ground. He needed to be with her. Who knows what could be in the dark.

A chill jolt flexes down his spine when he hears that monstrous hiss in the dark.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 19, 2011, 05:16:07 pm
As the last bit of light dies out, the darkness returns. Even in her fragmented mind, the girl recognizes it. It's the darkness she's been surrounded with for...for ages.

She clutches the book tightly with both arms, her eyes going wide and her fangs extending without her concent. She backs off slowly, something inside of her remembering how she was stuck here...alone...with just the hunger. She tries to avoid going back to that part of her mind, but as the darkness endures, finds it increasingly difficult.

Not the darkness, not the hunger, not again

Something in the distant parts of her mind scratches at the walls confining it.

Hearing the inhuman hiss, something inside her strains for release. Panick.

Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Friktion on July 19, 2011, 07:53:53 pm
[14] was slowly creeping his way towards the trinkets on the tomb.  He wanted to examine them just a little bit, hoping that one of them might distract him long enough to ease the frustration and annoyance creeping in his mind.  He watched as the children played, the creepy guy howled, and the loud guy marched.  His mind was focused only on one thing: escape.  Introductions and pats on the back would come later.  Reading books would come later.  Finding decent clothes... later.

Suddenly the lights went out and [14] stumbled, but not falling.  This time his body naturally adjusted to his surroundings and he was able to maintain his balance.

Unfortunately, his ego did not adjust nearly as well.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" He yells out in obvious frustration.  He wanted to yell more, he wanted to scream and shout like the crazed blabbering lunatic.  He wanted to let out a guttural scream that would shame the jolly green giant.  He wanted to punch a baby.  He did none of those things.

In an eerily calm, nonchalant voice, [14] said the only absolute truth he believed.

"We're all going to die down here."
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 19, 2011, 08:04:57 pm
[11] closes his eye lids , noticing there is no difference in the darkness, he can't see for shit like this,  he brush his hand on the lowest tip of his goatee as his other hand tries to press the Cellphone button repeatedly to bring back some light

"Hello? can you still hear me" he talks to [12] and [3]'s last position. He tries to prod with his leg delivering a cautious jab to where [12] was before to see if he is still there.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Aydoo on July 19, 2011, 08:55:18 pm
... The Cathedral of Stone is bathed in a muted sea-green light. For a moment you are blinded, and must cover your eyes as the shift in brightness occurs. Dozens of robed figures begin to congregate and file in from the [southern] stairs. You all notice that for the moment the rubble is gone. As you survey the surroundings alot of things have changed. The pillars are all now standing, six in all, and all the rubble is cleared. Sickly green torches burn around the cathedral with an etheral fire that seems cold rather than hot. The tombs from which you all awoke are no where to be seen, only to be replaced with several stone benches that are filling as the being make their way into the atrium.

Your body doesn't seem to wish to obey you. You cannot move on your own accord and find yourself falling in line with the rest of the group. Standing near the front. Some of you look down at the seated robed figures and notice that there are no faces under the robes, just a void where a soul should be, as if you are peering into oblivion.

Once all the beings are seated a tall man, his face distorted and constantly shifting in rage, anguish, and sorrow makes his way up to the altar. Following are two robed women, white gowns and flowers, each carrying a chalice. As they round the altar you notice it is whole again, covered in painted linens, and there are a variety of tools strewn across as well as two primitive resting stones on either side.

The man begins to chant taking one of the chalices and dipping his finger in it , drawing designs upon the women's faces and arms. Soon the whole congregation is following and you find yourself unable to help yourself and join in. The women drop the majority of their robes keeping the shawls that hide the most of their faces, and lay prone on the altar. The man, this shaman or priest; drinks from the other chalice and offers it up chanting louder. The congregation follows suit and so do you. You feel the vitae in your body almost pumping again, there is a feeling of fervor and excitement.

The man empties both chalice on the bodies of the women. A thick red liquid pours out and covers them before slowly draining into the resevoirs linked to the altar. He then takes his tools and begins his work. First he cuts along their bodies, intricate designs and pictograms. They move not, and make no sound, as if conditioned for this very ritual. After some time of cutting and blood letting, he takes a large wooden knife and drives into each of their chest. They buckle and let out an ear piercing screech that can barely be heard over the chanting. As their bodies set still, the liquid once inside begins to leech out into the resivoirs aside the altar filling them. The congregation stands and gives praise, their chants and words seemingly rocking the foundations of the place.

And then they feed. The entire congregation in their fervor and frenzy, rush towards the the resevoirs and drink. Liquid is splashed and their robes fade to a darker color as they make gutteral sounds. Moments pass and you cannot move from where you are standing still, even though your beast urges you to follow suit and feed as well. The man on the altar looks at you now. He stares right through you and smiles. As he smiles the skin peels from his face, his muscles and organs turning to ash, until naught but a skeleton is left, then that as well disapates into nothingness.

As you look around the congregation is gone and you are left standing in the eerie green glow of the temple. There is a rumble and a pillar falls. The walls collapse. Tiles and stonework crash down around you. Then there is blackness again. Nothing.


Click

The flashlight powers on illuminating the room slightly with its beam of light. The phone casts a smaller halo of light from your hand. Everything as it was as you last saw before the fire dimmed.

As one would care to look towards the broken altar, there are two robed bodies laying upon it. They have been ritually cut across their bodies and there is a large gouged out hole where the heart should be. Vitae trickles down into the resevoirs on the [west and center] sides.

Clarification: The room is still totally dark except for the two sources of light. The flashlight sends a beam of light across the cathedral. Its strong enough to reach any side from just about any angle. The problem is its pretty narrow and only lights up what it is pointed at. On the other hand the cellphone has a small radius of light about 10 ft. It lights up the immediate surroundings of the player holding it.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 19, 2011, 09:45:44 pm
The sudden luminescence of the flashlight blinds the boy - searing the dream images onto the backs of his eyelids as he squeezes them shut. He waits a few seconds, and eases them open as the broken room slowly comes back into focus.

"Aagh..." he grunts, climbing into a standing position. His body still hurt, like a piece of him had been cut out; a constant pressure to fill it again. He honed in on his sister immediately. She looked scared, but unharmed. The machete dangled at his side, slapping against his leg as he took three steps towards her.

"Are you ok?" he asks her, putting a hand on her shoulder. His face turns from concern to confusion. "I was eating something sweet, but then...and I..I blacked out, or something. I had the craziest nightmare about this pl-"

Over his sister's shoulder he notices the shapes on top of the altar and freezes mid sentence. His eyes look past [4], locked on whatever it is he sees. He could faintly make out the dark shade of liquid dripping from the bodies, down into the small stone pools by the altar.

His chest felt like something's claws were raking it from the inside, clicking along each rib. Again. And again. The pain grew steadily, torturous, never receding... but coming more and more, like a snowball being run down a mountain - shattering a great icy boulder inside of him, burying burning cold splinters in every edge of his body.

The boy shivers. He looks to the flowing liquid longingly. It must be warm.

Self-Control:
Rolled 2d10 : 3, 1, total 4
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 19, 2011, 09:46:55 pm
"Father's tendrils reach out to find me, even while... Waking."

Cteniz lets the beam of light sweep over the room, only passively aware that he is causing it.
Finally he tilts the beam up into his own face and flinches at the sudden brightness.

"We are... For the moment... Delivered."
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Aydoo on July 19, 2011, 09:58:01 pm
Rolled 2d10 : 3, 5, total 8
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 19, 2011, 10:06:18 pm
"Unnghh..." His head reels.

"nngh-aaAAAHHH!"

One hand still on his sister, the boy shoves her hard out of the way and marches past her towards what little of the altar he could make out. He snags his foot against a fallen stone, almost tripping over himself as he scrambles over the rubble, but doesn't seem to care. The light from the flashlight is erratic, and the altar seems to pulse in and out of darkness in front of the boy, like another dream image.

He takes the last steps of the altar at a sprint and jumps - all reason or restraint drowned by the thunder inside of his chest - onto the first body, sinking his fangs into it above the breast.

Strength for shove/throwing [4]:
Rolled 3d10 : 1, 5, 8, total 14


The boy takes the most direct path to the altar through some rubble. Aydoo, if you want to have him take some bashing damage from banging himself up as he plows through it - that'd fit with the botch. When he reaches the body he will begin to drink from it, as much as he can, until it is drained or somebody stops him.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 19, 2011, 10:21:50 pm
The girl looks immensely relieved the moment the vision ends. It's over, finally.

She's happy to see some light again, even if it's being wielded by the Cteniz. "That light, i can use it to read this!" she says happily, daring to hope that finally she may figure out a way to get out of this tomb.

She's also happy to see her brother getting up. She nods when he asks her if she's okay, before something throws him into another fit of madness and he throws himself at the...corpses. Her gaze wanders to the blood dripping off the altar.

Hunger...

Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 19, 2011, 10:46:54 pm
Cteniz smiles his terrifyingly unnatural smile and shines the light over her shoulder so she can read. When her brother makes a run for it, though, he follows the boy with the flashlight, as though just getting used to the idea of illuminating distant objects simply by pointing at them.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Aydoo on July 19, 2011, 11:19:57 pm
[3] manages to imbibe some of the last vitae stored in the two bodies, after which he mostly gets a mouth full of ash and dust as they disintegrate into nothingness. The last of the vitae trickles down into the reservoirs and settles with the black stained substance that coats them. Through this feeding [3] manages to get a handle on himself and his momentary lapse ends.

Frenzy ends as soon as it began. [3] gains +2 BP, plus something special added to your sheet. Within each reservoir is about 2BP of vitae. While it may call to you remember that it has mixed with whatever contents the reservoir may have held before.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 19, 2011, 11:29:26 pm
The girl stares at the pooled blood longingly. Some part of her is telling her to jump straight in and feast like she hasn't done...but she tosses the thought aside, remembering the violent reaction her brother had to drinking anything from the ground.

She focusses on the task at hand. Need to get out first...then we can all drink...but not here

She allows Cteniz to shine the flashlight onto the pages. Her eyes take a moment to adjust, as the white pages seem harsh in the darkness that surrounds them. She begins to read...
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Aydoo on July 19, 2011, 11:39:03 pm
From the leather bound journal of Schofield

June 30th, 1966

God Dammit.
I swear to god, If I hadn't talked to the man myself, I'd think there was no one at the reigns of this operation. It's been nearly a decade since his eminence, bishop fucknut, decided to grace us with work or even a "By your leave."

We're stuck out here in the boonies after that last clusterfuck, which I will not mention within these pages again, for fear of a repeat incident.

Amsterdam's mood is surly, but what else is new. He keeps telling us to bide our time, that our ship will roll in, or some other anecdote, colourful though it may be, that these landed immigrants love to use. The man has been living in north america for decades, but hasn't lost a touch of that damned accent. He's feeding us that "Oy boyo, don'  chee worry" bullshit that makes me cringe. I never thought I'd say this, but I almost wish I hadn't developed a slight sensitivity to U.V. so that I could have been drafted to 'Nam. At least it would beat sitting on my thumbs here in buttfuck america.

Victoria fed us some new-age tripe about heading west to make the most of ley lines or some shit about acupuncture and our karmic path, et cetera and so forth. I don't listen to her most nights, to be honest. That hippie bullshit always made my skin crawl. What I DO know for sure is that this is a goddamn waste of my time and considerable talent.




April 25th, 1987

Loath as I am to admit it, I think Amsterdam was right. The aforementioned bishop fucknut has promised us a new assignment, and the carrot of that "wonderful promotion" has given the irish bastard a hard-on for carnage once again. Apparently someone up the chain has discovered some kind of vague apocryphal lore; now the whole damn sect is crapping its pants over the end of the world, and we're on the front line, poking around blindly in caves to find some ancient grandsire of ours that may or may not eat our face.

The icing on the cake, as if there needed to be more, is that they don't exactly KNOW where this place is- But on the upside they've narrowed it down to an area of forest roughly the size of the country we're looking in.
Fuck. I never thought that having a brain would mean I'm stuck holding a bag of shit, but I know Amsterdam is going to blame me if I can't find this mystical ark of the covenant. Back to my books, I guess.

The text the bishop provided was mostly torn to shit. There are whole sections missing, and it is going to take me quite a while to map out some possible locations.

As an aside, Brooke is excited, even manic. She's becoming more of a handful than usual, going on and on about spiders and people in the sky, or some bullshit. It took poor Amr all night to calm her down and even then she was still freaking right the hell out. She even managed to cut him a few times before she was subdued. What a crazy bitch.



January 13th, 1995

Dear God: Thank you for the Juicebags.

For being half-retarded cattle most of the time, they have an interesting habit of coming up with some really fascinating developments.Phones are getting smaller, cars are faster, and with the right computer, you can access the sorts of things you used to have to spend a considerable amount of coin to bribe someone for, once upon a time.

Long live the american dream.

We managed to get some satellite images of the areas we'd been scoping out for the last few years, and though I don't want to jinx it, I think we may have hit the proverbial mother lode.There are three areas that have a lot of potential but unfortunately they're a considerable distance apart.

Just our fucking luck.

The last place we looked was crawling with lupines, we barely made it out of there with our scalps, and now Amr is reminding us nightly of how he pulled our asses out of the fire. Douchebag.

Amsterdam is absolutely dead-set on finding SOMETHING that will prove we're not total fuck-ups before he sends word back to his bosses. In all honesty, I'm beginning to think the bishop gave us up for dead a long time ago.

We're close. I can feel it.

Brooke has been really quiet lately. To be honest it's been a nice change, compared with the usual antics and bullshit- I swear to god, we should just lobotomize her now so she STAYS like this. The tumult she causes every time she swaps moods is getting really tiring for me.



August 21st, 2002

Jackpot.
East of some shithole the kine call "Cavern" but might as well have called "Armpit," There's this spooky fucking forest where we came upon some ruins that match descriptions from some of the fragments I got from the bishop.

Finally, it looks like we're back on track.

Brooke and Victoria are agreeing with each other for the first time in history though, and that's enough to get the hairs on the back of my neck standing up.They're going on about bad juju in the forest: Some kind of Blair Witch bullshit; they're even going so far as to say that we should give up on this whole thing.

Amsterdam reminded them (harshly, I might add) that we've been at this shit for almost FIFTY YEARS and that if we've got nothing to show for all that work, we might as well go suntanning, because it'd be a much more pleasant retirement than what the capes back home have planned for us. I tend to agree with the guy, but he's been obsessed over this lately to a level that would make Brooke pause for thought, were she to ever have a fucking coherent thought.

Spent the last few nights putting together supplies for an expedition into the area. We "conscripted" some of the local kine into helping us, as clearing rubble is a little beneath the Sword of Caine. It also can't hurt to have a portable snack machine if we find ourselves peckish in the deep woods, especially if the Lupines decide to crash the party- Fuck knows I'm not going to fight them directly, much rather throw a juicebag and run. You don't have to outrun the bear, they say, just the slowest guy in the group. People run pretty slow when they're half-drained, so my chances are good in any case.

Brooke is a giant ball of doom and gloom, nearly uncontrollable. It's par for the course as we've been getting closer though, which gives me a weird kind of hope. I actually DREAMED last night, which is either a very good sign, or a very bad one.

I've been hoping for very good. This whole thing can't be leading up to one big-ass anticlimax. That would just be too cruel.

I'm optimistic though, as whatever IS sealed in that crypt has likely been there for a really long time without any food, so that means they're easy prey. Once we're done that, we can go tell the bishop we've earned a little R&R and can finally stop kicking our own asses on this stupid wild goose chase.

I'm starting to get a really good feeling about tomorrow.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 19, 2011, 11:42:19 pm
Cteniz reads over the girl's shoulder, standing just a little too close once again. He makes a small ticking sound with excitement, as this time the words make SENSE! They are not a jumble and they follow fairly clearly from one idea to another.
Thank you, father, for your mercy.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 19, 2011, 11:55:10 pm
He was still hungry. He thought about the pools, as he crawled over the ash, peering down from the altar. No, never drinking off a floor again. Ever. It takes him a long moment crouched there before he realizes that he's thinking. In control. What he had done...it wasn't wrong, was it? He was hungry, and they were...were people..but...already dead, right?

He feels his fangs retreat. And then, in that settling silence, something tightens in his throat like a serpent.

Panic takes him, and he stumbles off the altar, falling on his hands and knees. The boy is babbling and weeping uncontrollably. Screaming fits of murder. He crawls around on all fours, pushing rubble aside here and there, looking for something. He spins around toward the group in the center of the room, fear and sadness arcing off his face like a current.

He takes one look in their direction and charges forward, scrambling hand over hand over knee over faceplant, reaching out wildly with his arms and bellowing low sobbing noises.

When he reaches his sister, the boy grabs her by the legs, pulling himself ontop of her and locking her in his arms. A bear hug. His face rests against her shoulder and he holds here there, flat on the ground with him. His sobbing is softer, muffled. Behind the girl, one of his hands is rubbing her back tenderly.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Friktion on July 20, 2011, 02:49:37 am
"Anyone else think that we should get out of here soon?"

[14]'s eyes follow the beam of light as it illuminates the darkness.  He notices a little girl reading a book and then, more interestingly, a half-crazed little boy sucking on corpses.

"Wait... corpses?!"  He finishes his thought out loud.  It is at this point he notices that the light reflects from the liquid in the alter.

"Oh why the hell not?" He says to nobody in particular as he begins running towards the alter.  Anyone paying attention will notice that he has a big, stupid grin on his face.

Hope that aren't my famous last words.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 20, 2011, 02:57:33 am
He Looks towards the pools, going there with his cellphone shining at hand.

This is silly the tall strong man with the messy black hair thought, No one seems to have a clue except that creepy guy with the robe and these strange visions seems to confirm his thought that the dark gods simply want to test them with games of sacrifice.

None of the others listens still nor are they particular impressed with his initiative to get out of here, he looked in the faint light at the figures of  the Whining [14], The Strange [12] and The Defiant crazy  [3]  and  Cteniz both fawning over [4]...

He looked at the Corpses on the Altar and then at the Gathering of [15], [3] and [4]... he wondered what they were all fussing about, maybe they could use a good scare to put them in their place.

With a cunning crooked grin he decided to creep up on them, turning off his cellphone sneaking barefoot in the dark towards the unsuspecting Cteniz and his Kids.

To Sneak silently up on [15], [3] and [4] as they are busy with the book and hugging
(Difficulty 4 according to ST)
Rolled 4d10 : 2, 8, 1, 9, total 20









Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Friktion on July 20, 2011, 03:13:48 am
[14] successfully makes his way to the alter, he notices someone helping him by illuminating the surroundings.  Suddenly the illumination stops, but by that time he is thoroughly entranced by the pools of blood.

He dips one finger into the blood, then licks his finger.  Without second thought, he brings his head to the pool of blood and drinks until he is in content or the pool empties.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Aydoo on July 20, 2011, 03:17:00 am
[14] manages to drain the contents of the western most pool thus gaining 2bp.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 20, 2011, 03:32:14 am
Successfully manages to sneak up on the Unsuspecting Cteniz([15]), [3] and [4]

He watches over Cteniz's shoulder letting the shadows conceal him in the silence as the kids hug it out waiting for the boy's crying to get softer . He thinks its funny that Cteniz for all his occular weirdness, his aloof know it all eeriness doesn't even suspect.

"RAWwwwwrrrr!!!!" he raises his arms to grip Cteniz as he Roars as loud as he can,  his Satyr face appearing inches away from behind Cteniz's to scare the wit out of the three of them, grinning in malicious victory.


Intimidation + Strength :
Rolled 4d10 : 1, 6, 8, 6, total 21



Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 20, 2011, 08:31:41 am
Courage
Rolled 4d10 : 9, 5, 1, 2, total 17
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 20, 2011, 08:39:57 am
The boy screams in shrill, abject terror as some evil shadow pounces from the darkness onto Cteniz. He scrambles backwards onto his knees - taking his sister with him and holding her out in front. Hiding behind her; his arms locked around her chest and his face pressed into her back, whimpering.

Strength+Brawl to maintain grapple if resisted:
Rolled 3d10 : 4, 3, 10, total 17
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 20, 2011, 11:22:58 am
courage
Rolled 3d10 : 6, 9, 7, total 22
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 20, 2011, 11:36:34 am
In a flash, Cteniz has produced his knife. Turning, he slashes upward towards the man's gut with a savage arcing motion, designed as much to put distance between them as anything else. as he does so, he levels the flashlight into the man's face, effectively blinding him as well.

The hiss and chitter that emits from his throat is barely human.

"STAY BACK" He hisses, fear and confusion evident on his features, like a wild animal snapping in surprise rather than malicious intent.
Dex+Melee
Rolled 3d10 : 8, 4, 4, total 16
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 20, 2011, 11:41:21 am
The girl reads through the pages, the many words that didn't even have a meaning in her own lifetime making it difficult to put the pieces together.

They were looking for something...they spend years to do so in the name of someone. Is his name Bishop? Amsterdam? Fucknut? It's impossible to tell...but what were they looking for?

Sealed in a crypt? Easy prey? The only ones trapped in here were...us. WE were the prey!

As the realisation hit her, [11] decides it's the right moment to scare everyone.

Courage +2
Rolled 5d10 : 10, 5, 1, 4, 3, total 23
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 20, 2011, 11:49:53 am
The girl screams as [11] appears out of nowhere. Dropping the book to the ground in panic, the girl drags herself and her brother behind Cteniz. She extends her fangs to try and appear threatening, but her own whimpering gives away her fear.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 20, 2011, 12:01:43 pm
Damage (Lethal)
Rolled 2d10 : 5, 4, total 9
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 20, 2011, 12:04:01 pm
The knife slashes ineffectually through the man's leather jacket and Cteniz even appears slightly relieved for this fact. He crouches low with dagger and flashlight in hand, a small hiss escaping his mouth, as he assesses his target and his intent to mount a challenge. He does not appear to want a fight, but neither will he back down from one if it finds him.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 20, 2011, 02:04:37 pm
[11] Smiles smugly as the Trio seems effectively frightened by his stunt, that will teach them.
He is surprised however at Cteniz's amazing speed and quick reaction as the man swiftly draws out a Knife and slashes at him , cutting the upper pocket of his Leather Jacket.

[11] brows twist in a scowl for a second considering to retaliate but Cteniz seems genuinely afraid of him, afraid enough to react like a cornered animal  so he strafes away to the side circling the scared little children ([3] and [4]).

He extract the cellphone from his pocket using it to illuminate the bottom of his face and up making his crooked smile seem slightly spooky.

"Oh, it is I" the tall man laughs, clearly enjoying the fact that they finally recognize him
 "Since you are so scared and afraid of the dark, let us put some effort to get out of this temple of doom..."

Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 20, 2011, 02:57:34 pm
"You stupid jerk!" the boy screams at [11] from around his sister's back, quickly retreating behind her once more. He scared us for no reason, at all. He scared her. That was too far.

Spending a point of temporary WP to gather his courage again

The boy springs to his feet, grabbing hold of his sister's hand, helping her up. He does not let go of her hand, but marches the pair right up to [11], grabbing him by the shirt and dragging him down to eye level with that scarred and blooded face. His eyes lock with [11's].

"You do not. EVER. Do that again. You don't come NEAR my sister and I unless I tell you to. You will get us out of here. And if you don't listen exactly to what I'm saying, I'm going to take this sword and shove it up inside you. And then I'll drink you, like I did those others, until you turn to dust in my mouth."

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND!?" the boy screams, one hand still clasping his sister's behind him.

Strength+Brawl to grab:
Rolled 3d10 : 6, 1, 4, total 11


Manipulation+Intimidation:
Rolled 6d10 : 10, 1, 6, 9, 2, 3, total 31
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 20, 2011, 03:05:17 pm
The girl shoots an angry stare at [11], clearly not amused with his antics. She closes on of her fists, the only real thing stopping her from lashing out being that [11] is a lot taller than she is. She stays close behind her brother, ready to jump in to help him if [11] decides to fight.

"You know, Cteniz may be creepy but at least he isn't a jerk like you!" she shouts.

Angrily she picks up the book from the ground and holds it in front of Cteniz. Seeing him makes her calm down a little.

"These people..." she gestures at the decaying skeletons and the corpses in the rubble. "They came here for us. We were food to them. If we hadn't woken up we'd all be dead right now."
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Friktion on July 20, 2011, 05:35:19 pm
Hearing the conversation and the flashes of light coming from the two kids and the two men, [14] decides to chime in:

"Waking up only stalled it, we better do something else before we end up on these alters.  I don't like the idea of getting picked off two at a time by some creepy ghosts.  15 tombs, two sacrifices at a time, six of us.  I don't like those odds.  So what do you say, you shine that light over to the distant stairwell and we see where it takes us?  Unless you enjoy it down here."

manipulation to try and get others to accept his point of view
Rolled 4d10 : 8, 3, 10, 8, total 29
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 20, 2011, 06:52:07 pm
Courage:
Rolled 3d10 : 6, 7, 2, total 15

Manipulation + Leadership:
Rolled 3d10 : 8, 4, 9, total 21

Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 20, 2011, 07:09:32 pm
The Nagging Kid pulling at  the edge of [11]'s leather jacket in the darkness  fails to impress
The tall man suffocate a devious chuckle as he sees that the small brat regained his fighting spirit as result of his act and though he and his sister both think [11]'s a jerk they finally recognize him to be their savior.

 [3]'s tone doesn't sound very nice but its the intent of his words that matter, [3] is counting on [11]'s skills and guidance to get him out of there... he will be the one they look up to.

"Yes Scar-boy, sister and Scar-man"  he becomes sincere ceasing his laugh and shining the Cellphone light at [3] and [14] to see who he is talking to be better " Yes, Follow my lead and I will deliver us out of this darkness" He proclaims in proudly in an attempted husky bold leadership tone as his tall shadow looks down at the kids to impress them.

See 2 success Previous Manipulation + Leadership roll

Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 20, 2011, 07:16:25 pm
[11] nods at [14]'s suggestion, "Follow me, to the stairway then " he takes his light and walk towards the stairs with hopefully [14] , [3] and [4] following, shining the light of his cellphone in front to see what can be seen

Perception+ Investigation
Rolled 3d10 : 9, 2, 1, total 12

 
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 20, 2011, 08:25:45 pm
The girl glared at [11]. She wasn't happy with how he thought he was the one in charge but if he wanted to take the front, let him. Least then he'd be the one that will get eaten first...not us.

As [11] eagerly takes the lead towards the dark stairwell, the girl looks up at Cteniz. Her eyes betray her nervousness, like she's awaiting him to make the first move.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 20, 2011, 09:35:18 pm
The goat-man had agreed to the boy's terms of getting them out of here. The boy smiles, feeling that his intimidation had the intended result and unable to recognize the man's passiveness towards it.

"Good. But I want to go in front with my sister." The boy lets go of the man's jacket. He notices his sister looking up at Cteniz for direction. The boy wraps his arm in hers, keeping her close. "We're small, and that's...good...for going ahead, right, in case there are small places. You'll just hit your big head."

"Well?" he questions, to both his sister and Cteniz, glancing between them both. "Cteniz, right? Can I borrow that light of yours for a little while, since I'll be out in front?"

The boy is putting his best effort into ensuring that he heads up the front of the line instead of [11]. Manipulation+Leadership:
Rolled 5d10 : 1, 7, 4, 5, 9, total 26
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 20, 2011, 10:12:41 pm
Cteniz smiles at his inclusion in the group and his name's mention. he lowers the dagger slowly, not putting it back in his bag, and holding the light out in front as they all go. He smiles awkwardly down at the young girl, his facial expression showing in a slightly ambiguous way that he intends to protect the children.
He turns to the young boy, that strange grin still on his face.

"Taking the lead is heavy enough, child. Let me bear some of your burden by ensuring... Your way... Is lit..." Cteniz appears to have a mild seizure of the neck following the word "Ensuring"- and you can hear the vertebrae crack in his neck as he attempts to compensate and straighten out. He holds the light steady the entire time, steadfastly dedicated to his tasks.
Protect those who would ask it of me, light the way. Protect, Light. Protect. Light.
They are shadows. Your vision proves this. KILL THEM ALL CTENIZ.
Protect, Light, Protectlightprotectlightprotectlightprotectlight.

Cteniz appears lost in thought for the moment, his mild seizures fading by degrees.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 20, 2011, 10:18:07 pm
Seeing the goat-man take the lead with the light from the strange object, the boy grumbles to himself. He didn't like being second, but the man had taken charge for now and it looked like there wasn't much the boy could do to change that. Instead, he had another idea.

Sliding his arm back down to grab his sister's hand once again, he tugs on it gently. "Come with me" he whispers, smiling into her eyes. He leads her forward at a brisk walk to catch up with [11]. They walk beside him, climbing the first stairs.

"Hey, Goat-man" he says to [11], "Let's both be in front. That way you don't get hurt, up here all by yourself. You know, if some more bodies come after us." He looks up at [11] with a dumb triumphant grin, happy to be there.

"I have a sword."

Technically, they were tied for first.

Charisma roll to determine whether [11] will humor the boy, and maybe keep him around:
Rolled 3d10 : 10, 8, 7, total 25
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 20, 2011, 10:27:55 pm
The boy's sister pulls him back, whispering something to him as she pulls him behind [11] and close to Cteniz.  She quietly looks around as they begin to approach the stairwell, holding on tightly to her brother's arm, while still holding the book in her other hand.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 20, 2011, 10:40:32 pm
The Brat seems to have ceased from his crying and desperation and now even his defiant tone changed , good, maybe he realized [11]'s intention after all and now was thankful enough that he would offer what little protection he could, [11] took comfort in that thought, they were all finally getting somewhere.

[3] was no boy he knew but his looks and demanor made him look like one, almost as if the short vampire made [11] feel like a father figure that the kids looked up to and strives to imitate in their admiration.

"Goat-man? is that my name?" [11] chuckled, looking down at the boy he crudely patted the top of [3]'s head, rubbing his hair and messing it up in an affectionate gesture "Yeah you can walk with me in front if you like... Oh you have a Sword do you?" he asked [3] in encouraging overly theatrical excitement.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 20, 2011, 10:46:47 pm
The boy leans in to listen to his sister, and whispers something back. When they're finished, they stay behind [11], following him up the stairs.

"Nevermind, Goaty," he calls to [11]'s back. "You go ahead. My sister's afraid, and she wants to stay in the middle. I'd come with you, but she wants me here beside her."

Manipulation+Subterfuge to explain the whispering and sudden change of heart in the boy:
Rolled 6d10 : 2, 8, 5, 1, 1, 2, total 19

"Don't be afraid though Goaty. I'll be right here to hurt any monsters hiding in the dark."
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 20, 2011, 10:51:33 pm
Cteniz makes a gravelly sound in the back of his throat after the boy mentions monsters in the dark. It is difficult to say whether he is offended or nervous. He sweeps the light in a wide arc, holding steady whenever it crosses in front for a few seconds so everyone can see where they are going.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 20, 2011, 11:03:14 pm
The boy seems suddenly nervous as he is talking to [11], blurting words out in a long string of speech.

"I mean, it's not like we're letting you go first so you can be the first to die or anything. Well, okay, we are - but you might NOT die. It's really only if we find monsters, right? Or if you scare my sister again. I was going to hurt you back there. I want to feel what it's like, poking this sword into somebody. I just didn't want my sister to have to watch. I need to protect her. I need to stay close to her. She'll be safe if I'm around. I need her. And you can't have her. We're staying behind you. So there."

The boy squeezes his sister's arm as the tension settles and his own words sink into his head. Oh, darn...
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 20, 2011, 11:23:35 pm
[11] carries on as the kid skirts behind him blurting out the hurtful explanation and excuses that echo at [11]'s back, he feels betrayed and disappointed now somewhat that the kid he was about to see as his son expressed the suggestion that they actually wanted him to die..
 but scary-kid was just being protective of his little sister, he was still afraid of [11] and that was understandable to the dark-haired man,  being someone they are afraid of also had some satisfaction and show of recognition to it.

"Its ok Scarry you can stay behind..." Not glancing back as he kept walking while speaking, he tried the more affectionate nickname similar to how the kid called him now hoping it would help the frightened kid calm down  ".... I don't want to hurt you or sister, I just want to lead us out of here...."

He said as he began to climb the stairwell, lighting the path with his faint cellphone light.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 20, 2011, 11:39:12 pm
The boy felt ashamed, even against the anger he still had for Goaty, sneaking up on them like that before. Maybe he had said too much.

"I..I didn't mean all of that," the boy muttered, looking at the back of [11]'s feet. "I want to be up front with you, where the danger and adventure is. But I want to protect her, too and...and maybe that's not where she should be." Admitting the two opposing desires in him wasn't easy.

He said he didn't want to hurt her. And he's trying hard to get us out of here...

Was Goaty actually a good person?
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Bigpaw on July 20, 2011, 11:47:58 pm
A short time before

Darkness !! Ye gods have changed your mind about waking us up ? Is it your will ?
[12]'s body tensed, then relaxed at once as he accepted what was coming back. Darkness had been all, and would be all in the end. He knew it perfectly. Then the theatre of ghosts took place, and he couldn't believe it. None of it made any sense to him ? Or was it a punishment, and enticement sent to them ?

Faith ! Whether it is on purpose or by happenstance, you're awake at last. Which means you can't let go.

~~~~~~

Now

As people were interacting in strange ways, freaking each others out, fighting, contesting leadership, cooperating, [12] was doing what he did best. Think sideways.

I know not what happened, but we're going nowhere. Unless the rumble isn't our only way out, I suggest we try and move it. Perhaps we could start by mere pushing and pulling ? Or if not, use what manner of tools this fresh body is giving us...
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 21, 2011, 12:07:06 am
[11] Came by the Altar
 the rest of his expedition behind him, the last time he tried looking at that part of the room it was all dark and creepy and it was even more now but strangely the total blackout of the room made that fact less pronounced as he got used to being in the dark.

He held the Cellphone to the two pile of ashes on top of it, illuminating the ashpiles, his frowned in a puzzled expression,
 maybe Cteniz can help figure out what these mean.

[11] glanced back slightly blinded by the flashlight "Hey Cteniz , you out there?" he called on to [15]  "We need to find out what this altar and sacrifices  mean"

The tall muscular man posed by the Altar, picking at his half-opened mouth , trying to scrape some dried blood from his retracted canine fangs with his index fingernail while he waited for Cteniz and the rest of them to take a look.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Friktion on July 21, 2011, 06:41:15 am
[14] watches as the group makes their way towards him by the altars.

"Goat-man is it?  I like it more than Scar-man, but what would you prefer to be called?  What would each of you prefer to be called?  I'm actually getting fond of Scar-man so that will do nicely for now."

Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 21, 2011, 06:46:16 pm
"Goat-man, I wonder why you would call me that but I accept it" He says thoughtfully rubbing the pointy tip of  his goatee, his mouth twists to the side in puzzled questioning as he looks at the Altar trying to think... "hmm... oh right " he thimbles inside his pockets taking out the wallet he took earlier, he only glanced at it seeing a picture of someone and stuff written on it, maybe it holds some clues about why the people came there searching for them.

He looks inside the Wallet more carefully this time, holding the cellphone light to it.

Perception + Investigation + WP to look inside the wallet and study the stuff in it.
Rolled 3d10 : 10, 7, 5, total 22
+1 WP.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 21, 2011, 11:50:01 pm
Cteniz, still brandishing the flashlight and holding the knife low, works his way around the group towards the carvings, ensuring that he does not turn his back on any of them. He looks down at the writings on the wall and floor, attempting to grasp some hidden meaning or significance, as well as attempting to read the words themselves.

Intelligence+Linguistics
Rolled 2d10 : 10, 9, total 19

Intelligence+Enigmas
Rolled 2d10 : 9, 9, total 18
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 21, 2011, 11:56:54 pm
My bad, Misinterpreted the meaning of his post- I will rewrite the description of my actions: For some reason I thought there were carvings on the wall etc.

Cteniz, still brandishing the flashlight and holding the knife low, works his way around the group towards the altar, scanning the altar and the ashes for writing that he might understand, or any patterns, significance, or unnoticed clues that he perhaps overlooked in his first glance.
See above roll.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 22, 2011, 01:32:42 am
[11] shifted through the wallet "Bob.. bee... Dee... Pla ...Platt "  he managed  "Bobby D. Platt" [11] read the name next to the business card aloud, blinking for a moment as if trying to make sense of it, the guy was a Gerontologist apparently, whatever that meant.

He looked through the wallet some more before pocketing it again and going to kneel by Cteniz though not too close to try to see what he sees.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 22, 2011, 02:01:11 am
Cteniz makes a low sound in the back of his throat when [11] gets too close, and shoots him a sidelong, borderline murderous glare.

When he sees that the man is not armed and that his posture does not intend harm, he relaxes a little, but moves over to examine the carvings on the floor of the room more closely.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 22, 2011, 02:40:10 am
Cteniz sweeps the flashlight over the sigils on the floor, his facial expression for once full of thought and keenly focused. He stands and scans the light over the pillars as well.
They're beautiful, mother-- and they are everywhere!
Thank you, Child, but I can take no credit. I am ever the brush.

"They worked, to please gods. There... Were. Sacrifices. To maintain the cycle? Oh... How they warred. How fruitless."

Cteniz runs frantically to point out a large sigil of the moon on the floor.
"Mother!" He exclaims as he stands on it. Sweeping his flashlight down a short distance, he runs to stand on a sigil that looks like the sun.
"Father!" He splays his hands out in the air like some kind of crawling animal, like an ant or a spider.
He sweeps the flashlight over the pillars, illuminating more sigils that are difficult to make out based on his frantic motions. He pauses and points the flashlight down at the floor, the ambient light that it casts showing the suddenly confused look on his face.

"Father is in ascent soon. I can feel him awakening- and oblivion comes with him..."
Cteniz looks as though he is entirely unsure how he knows ANY of this.

Mother, Clarity, I beg you. They look to me now to parse this enigma.
You would explain shadows to shadows? Father asked: KILL them, you insignificant worm!!
Mother... Clarity, I beg. And freedom from father.
"Father is in ascent, and soon we will... Face silence."

As if pulled to it by an invisible rope drawn by a galloping invisible horse, Cteniz is off like a shot, springing to the pool of blood and chugging the remainder of the thick red liquid, finally abandoning all self-control in fear of this "Father" that he keeps talking about. He snarls as he gulps the remainder of the liquid and swallows voraciously.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 23, 2011, 10:13:04 pm
[11] Stares at Cteniz as he seems the man's shadow move over and almost plunge his head into the pool of blood drinking it eagerly, something about it seems very appealing, drinking wildly like that .

[11] searches for his own pool.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 23, 2011, 10:41:42 pm
The girl tries to process the rambling of Cteniz...she picks up the flashlight from the ground, holding it over the markings again... a sun and moon. Father is...in ascend?

"He's saying that...the sun is rising soon? How does he know? And..."

The girl's mind wanders further...for some reason, she doesn't like the markings representing the sun. It stands for something...something that makes her nervous, though she's having trouble figuring out why.

"The sun is a bad thing for us...i think."
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Bigpaw on July 25, 2011, 07:07:20 pm
The man Cteniz seemed possessed of uncanny perception to be able to feel the cycle of sun and moon. As for him being related to them, it was obviously the ramblings of a madman, and [12] quickly dismissed the thought. As much of the useless doings of the assembled crowd. He was academically interested in their search, and findings. But those were leading nowhere. He knew he should focus on solving this, as he always did.

This place is obviously a temple. What should matter now is the way out.

Instead, he turned to the now dry body of the disassembled man, and tried to tear a bone free.
Hmpf. A crude pick, but better than nothing, I reckon. Sorry for you, unknown man.
With his tool in hand, he tried to find the weakest part of the rumbling, the thinnest wall, and bore a hole.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Bigpaw on July 25, 2011, 07:08:59 pm
Perception + Crafts
Rolled 3d10 : 5, 10, 3, total 18
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Friktion on July 26, 2011, 04:12:25 am
[14] stands idly by as he watches the strange, robed man revel in drinking all the blood from the alter.  He wonders if he looked nearly as deranged as this fellow.  He hears the fumbling of another stranger in the distance.  The sound begins to unnerve him.

"I just want to get out of here and I don't know how.  I'll follow whichever one of you isn't a complete idiot.  Although at this point, I can't fathom who it is..."
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 26, 2011, 06:57:35 am
[11] thinks mumbling quietly as he pose realizing there are no more pools of blood "The only way out is blocked by rubble...."

He eyes [14] and the others from the corner of his vision thinking of what to do now.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Radical21 on July 27, 2011, 03:31:35 am
[11] Realizes that he is being sleepy, his eyes and face gradually turned to feel so blank and limp, without saying much else he holds up the cellphone strolling idly towards one of the open tombs at the center of the room and climbs into it, entombing his tall body inside before lifting and dragging the stone cover, sealing himself in the darkness.

For a moment longer [11] remains awake inside, only the cellphone lights the cold cramped airless space he as he lies within. "but what about the others..." he mumbles ,remembering that he doesn't know what they are doing outside the tomb now.
He doesn't feel like rising up and just stays inside motionless waiting for sleep to overtake him, for the energy of life to drain out of him.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Isador on July 27, 2011, 06:17:17 pm
The girl starts feeling her eyelids get heavy. Was Cteniz right?...if he was, i can feel it.

She looks at her brother, who was showing the same obvious signs. "Come on brother. We need to get some sleep. We'll figure out how to get out of here tommorow"

The girl guides her brother to one of the sarcophaci, climbing into it with her brother.

She dares not sleep outside of one, afraid that they'll be picked off the next day by the ghosts, just like those other two people were. Something inside of her still tells her she should be wary of the rest, even if they look so...familiar. She stares upward to the ceiling, doing her best to stay awake, humming nursery rhymes from cultures that didn't even exist when she was alive.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 27, 2011, 07:32:27 pm
Cteniz appears more anxious as exhaustion begins to take him: He rests his hands on the altar, shaking his head.

"They will come again while father is overhead... Mother told me before she rested."

Cteniz looks up at the gathered group, his face appearing to change. It shifts from one of worry to one that carries with it almost palpable menace. For once, the man does not stammer over his words or catch on certain syllables- he speaks clearly and lucidly, and eerily, it barely even sounds like his voice.

"This is going to get worse before it gets better."
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Friktion on July 28, 2011, 05:57:23 am
"But it is going to get better right?  That's the part I'm having some trouble believing right now."  [14] walks over to where he thinks he arose the day (night?) before and sits down leaning against the tomb.  Part of him wanted to crawl back in and try again later, but part of him warned against that.  His gut told him that perhaps it would be best to stay out of tight, confined spaces for the time being.

Resting his back against the tomb in a sitting position, [14] closes his eyes and lets anything and everything float to the surface of his memories.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Bigpaw on July 28, 2011, 06:47:05 pm
[12] had decided to stop listening to the useless ramblings of the others Entombed. Yet, even focused as he was on studying the rock slide, and trying to find its weakest spot to start digging, he felt a weariness creep in his heart.

Damn it, barely awake, and already tired. What is this thing that makes me so weak ? The Sun ? What does it look like already ? I can't remember...

After a time, [12] reluctantly came to the conclusion that nothing he could do would keep him awake. He dragged his body to the grave from which he had emerged, and rolled back into the position he had spent years unknown. The rock felt really suited to his shape, as his from a long long erosion...
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Malavis on July 29, 2011, 08:15:06 pm
Cteniz feels his fatigue overtake him. Carrying the flashlight and his trinkets with him, he retreats to the southwest corner and squishes his back up against the wall, lurking there. Once he is in position, he clicks the flashlight off.
Title: Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
Post by: Voidshaper on July 29, 2011, 09:07:00 pm
The boy follows his sister down from the altar by the hand, shuffling to keep close behind her. His eyes stung, and his head felt heavy. Cteniz's performance made him nervous. How did he know those things? Why couldn't they find a way out of here? Was this room all there was? But those people had to come from somewhere...right?

Too tired to think, he follows the girl up into the tomb and lays down beside her, curled up against her. As she hums foreign songs to the ceiling, the boy closes his eyes and imagines what might be out there, beyond the stone prison. The images are fluid and he can not pin them down, no matter how hard he tries to concentrate before sleep takes him; a world of water, cold and dark. A beautiful bright object in the blue emptiness above, warming his face as he and his sister ride a giant brown-haired beast. A great city on fire, its glow doing little to keep the black night at bay.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal