collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One  (Read 23813 times)

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3024
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2011, 12:06:25 AM »
[11] Still doesn't see anything helpful, just a wall with some Carving but the darkness around him there and the dripping water makes him feel ill at ease, he covers the cellphone runs back to the pillar with the torches, light and the others... no ,nothing to see there.

He tries to appear casual and just striding as he emerges back from the shadows.

"Ok everyone remain calm!" he holds his hands in front of him towards the others as he addresses them with his broken smirk. "I know the situation isn't ideal but we need to make the best of it and help each-other survive this!"  He looks at them measuring each of the dimly lit figures " Ok here is how this will go: I need two capable people to start digging into the walls, we will work in shifts and two others will replace them at digging , uh, like every two hours!.." He looks at the others hoping that they pay attention to his leadership advice

Spoiler for Hiden:
Charisma+Leadership

Rolled 1d10 : 8, total 8




Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2011, 12:13:45 AM »
"Poor Amsterdam."
Cteniz looks up at the man, momentarily surprised by his strength of purpose, but then looks at him as though he is speaking a completely foreign language. Cteniz then returns to his book, attempting to decipher the signs and symbols before him.

Offline Aydoo

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
  • Reputation: +558/-22
    • Aydoodle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2011, 12:27:40 AM »
The lights dim another level. Shadows blast across the temple as the last remaining light flickers from the fire. Everything around [15] seems mysterious and terrifies you [or at least unnerves you.] There is also a terrible smell that can be waffed every now and then coming from somewhere. Your whole world, everything you know, is slowly going dark again.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 12:30:00 AM by Aydoo »

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
  • Reputation: +5/-1
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2011, 12:31:32 AM »
Scratching. Voices. Footsteps. Clattering.

Red ripples. Seeing again...

The boy snaps out of it in a fit that sends him staggering backwards. He had been standing there for several moments, over the empty torso, still holding onto one arm and staring blankly at the wreckage of the man's body. He is suddenly aware of the stillness in the room, but for the movements of the few living that are trapped here too. He felt something prickle the back of his neck. Something weird, something scary. He wanted out. He wanted to go home...but...

Where was home?

A feeling strikes him - he doesn't know where she is. He panics. Lost. His head whips around and he quickly sees her climbing a fallen pillar not far from him. Ignoring the edge of terror in the atmosphere coming from somebody in the corner, he walks closer to the pillar, and sees that she's having trouble getting up. Without thinking, he takes two long strides over to the side of the pillar to give her a boost up - but when he gets there she has already scampered up for herself. He beams proudly for her, and tries to climb up after her.

 
Spoiler for Hiden:
Str+Athletics:
Rolled 3d10 : 9, 5, 8, total 22


Dex+Athletics:
Rolled 4d10 : 9, 9, 8, 8, total 34

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
  • Reputation: +5/-1
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2011, 12:36:10 AM »
The boy vaults onto the pillar expertly, and sits beside his sister as the lights dim around them. He reaches an arm around her shoulder and squeezes her tightly.

"Shh. We're together again."

As the light fades and shadows gather in the jagged recesses of his scars, [4] can see that the boy is smiling genuinely. It is a twisted, ugly smile - and yet impossibly sincere.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Courage against the pervasive sense of terror that is mounting:
Rolled 4d10 : 3, 1, 8, 5, total 17
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 12:47:17 AM by Voidshaper »

Offline Bigpaw

  • Neonate
  • **
  • Posts: 71
  • Reputation: +3/-0
  • Overall weird guy
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2011, 04:03:20 PM »
Having witnessed enough of the events unfold rapidly in front of him - curiosity, [12] tried to make sense of it all. From what clues he had gathered, he knew already that some like them had come here, and found Final Death - dread - at their hands. So there must have been some way in, and it must be nightime outside since he didn't feel sleepy at all. There was a mortal come with them too. They had used tools of this time. Those tools were gathered over there. From the lay of the temple, they were undergound. Soon, it would be Darkness - pleasure - all over here again. There were no exit readily available. Was it the full extent of the situation ?

Some had spoken, and [12] wondered if he still knew the proper use of the muscles involved in the task. It would help.

Brothers, sisters, welcome back to the world of the living. Fear not, for our gods have decided to free us now.

I did it. I spoke, again... the odd feeling of air in lungs, along the throat, stroking the lips...

They would not awake us without giving us the means of doing their will. Surely those lambs they sent have brought a way out.

They have not been thorough in their examination...

The bald man with middle-eastern features and grey eyes stepped up, and found himself naked as well. He froze for a second, then shrugged, and resumed his walk - elation - toward the dead man and the rocks. Why did they collapse, and how ? what tools do the man have with him ? a shovel ? a stick ?

Spoiler for Hiden:
Speech Impediment.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 12:04:05 AM by Bigpaw »
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2011, 06:19:11 PM »
The girl wipes the red tears away with her hand, trying to force herself to cool down a little. She looks across the room again, it's dark now but there's still a little visibility left. She sees a few people rummaging through the remains of the dead guys...thats not a bad idea actually.


"There may be something useful left. We better have a look before they take everything." she says to the boy next to her. She drops down from the pillar and walks over to the sarcophacus, looking at the strange metal tube. She picks it up and examines it...what could it be?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 06:23:36 PM by Isador »

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2011, 06:28:50 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Intelligence + Academics diff 9
Rolled 5d10>9 : 6, 6, 5, 5, 2, total 0

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2011, 06:34:39 PM »
The girl flips the strange object over in her hands a few times, running her fingers along it. Nothing really springs to mind, she grabs it with one hand and swings it around. Not much of a club either

Bored, she puts the metal tube back on the sarcophacus.

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
  • Reputation: +5/-1
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2011, 10:58:05 PM »
Jumping down after his sister, the boy drops from the pillar, landing softly and sure. He feels bolder when she is around. Something clicks inside of him, like a broken bone being cracked back into place. As he follows her, his steps become more confident. He looks around him at the others, scavenging wreckage and talking amongst themselves. He forgets why he was so afraid of this. He grins.

It's a game.

They stop in front of the sarcophagus with several items strewn about on top of it. The boy grabs a faded black t-shirt and throws it over his head. It slides loosely down over him, covering him to his knees.

It's a game and we're going to win, her and I.

He picks up the machete and turns it over in his hand.

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
  • Reputation: +5/-1
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2011, 06:12:41 AM »
The blade is worn, but its grip is firm in the boys hands. He faces away from his sister and cuts at the air, lunging forward in mock swordplay. It's a little big for the boy, being sized for adults after all, but he is surprised to find that his strength allows him to wield it; using both of his hands to keep it steady.

Seemingly satisfied, he glances nervously toward the corner where the man in the black robe is standing, staring at something in his hands. The boy shivers. Turning back to the sarcophagus, the boy puts the blade down and picks up the pants with the belt-sheath on them. While he tugs at the belt to remove it from the pants, he leans over and whispers in his sister's ear.

"That man," he says with a nod toward the corner, "He's creepy. I don't like him. We should... be careful."

The belt is free at last, and the boy wraps it around his waistline, turning his loose shirt into a sprightly tunic, the bottom flowing out below the belt like a skirt. He fiddles with the strap for a few moments, trying to adjust it to the furthest hole, making sure it is tightly around him. He pushes the belt pin through and gives it a strong tug to test its hold.

"Who are we?" he asks quietly. "Where are we? Why are we here, with these strange people? This doesn't make any sense."

He grabs the machete from the sarcophagus once more and slowly lowers it into the belt-sheath at his left hip. He bites his lip and bows his head sullenly to stare at his sister's feet.

"It's not fair."

He had to make it right. He doesn't know his name, her name, or anything else. This scares him. The creepy man in the corner scares him. This whole place was dumb. But he knows that he has to protect her, and get her out of here.

Whatever it takes.

He looks up again, into her eyes, looking for some kind of answer. She was older - she... must have always looked after him, he thinks. He trusted her. She's got to have a plan.

"What do we do, sister?"

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2011, 12:28:53 PM »
Cteniz walks briskly, purposefully up to the gathering over by the items.
Holding in his hands a leather-bound Journal, he looks back and forth between the two, the strange light making his features appear more sinister than even before. The satchel is obviously still filled with items, some that he has not yet produced from the bag, and he stands with the journal, eyes darting between the brother and sister quickly.
After a moment, his eyes come to rest on the boy and the machete that he is holding. He takes one step forward, almost daring the boy to make a move. His eyes lock with the smaller lad’s- Indicating that Cteniz is a dangerous creature with whom to mess, and not to risk giving the wrong impression with that blade.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Manip+Intimidation
Rolled 3d10 : 7, 6, 1, total 14

His face then immediately melts into one of supplication, eyes darting down to the book in front of him, hand resting atop it in reverence, as though it were a holy scripture.

“They… Looked for ancients for the Bishop. They searched and fought for… Amsterdam. And. They… “
The man looks as though he might burst into a fit of rage at any moment. He moves his hands as though contemplating the idea of tearing the leatherbound book in two.
“These words. They… MEAN so much when I read them- hear them. But Father takes the meaning away before I can speak. I must use… Proxies. Intent. Fades. Mother, why gift me with this to torment me with father’s...” Cteniz pauses, remembering that he is in company. His arms come down, his eyes lower from their pose of supplication. He looks at the two children before him.
“You… You are the more real than the others. All of this is… More real than the visions… You are the other mother’s trickery, are you not? Teaching me not to feel. Countless times I’ve KILLED THEM ALL!!! only to watch them fade. But if you are real, I cannot harm you. Oh…” The man wrings his hands some more, making the binding of the book creak in response. He leans in close to the children, frighteningly so.
“PLEASE! Tell me you are not spectres… Please be real!! Tell me that I am FINALLY AWAKE!!”

Am I awake? Or should I kill them all? The visions deserve to die- but The flesh must be protected, child. Your task is to discover which is which.

The man’s head sinks, defeated.
“This torment will never end.”

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2011, 12:38:53 PM »
The girl avoid her brother's eyes, afraid that her own will give away her despair at this situation. Got to be strong now...for the both of us.

"I dont know brother. We'll find a way out, i promise," she says, trying to make herself sound convincing.

It is then that she notices the creepy man getting closer to her and her brother. After watching the man ramble and obviously trying to intimidate her brother, she steps between the two.

"Stay away from him," she says angrily. If she's afraid she's not showing it.

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2011, 12:38:53 PM »
Cteniz sighs, appearing vulnerable for just a moment, and extending the Journal to the girl, a peace offering.

"I have... Been alone... For longer than this mind remembers. There have been other minds. Their names are gone. I am... Cteniz." 
Spoiler for Hiden:
Phonetic: Stenitz.

"I don't want... To be alone. Can you... Make these words come to order? My will cannot discipline them. They do not fear me as flesh does. You both fear me, that is why I think you are flesh, and not words. I want to believe you are real."

Cteniz appears anxious, as though unfamiliar with the idea of conversation. He holds the book out to the girl, his facial expression inexplicable, almost a smile, almost a sneer, as though he is unfamiliar with the facial expression and is trying his best. His eyes are too wide for the facial expression that he wears, so he ends up looking much more terrifying than he likely intends.

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2011, 01:05:38 PM »
The girl isn't sure what she thinks of this man. He doesn't talk normal...whatever normal is supposed to be in a situation like this, everything about him is creepy. But that book....it could be useful.

She gingerly extends a hand takes the book from the man's hand, before quickly walking back to her brother, letting him peek into the book as well as she tries to make sense of anything written in it. It's hard for her...like reading is something alien to her.


 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal