collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One  (Read 22637 times)

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2011, 10:56:49 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Intelligence + Crafts
Rolled 4d10 : 3, 1, 2, 2, total 8

Offline Aydoo

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
  • Reputation: +558/-22
    • Aydoodle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2011, 10:59:15 PM »
[Subject 4] manages to not only destroy the 9 un-working torches in the room, but also destroy the only working torch. They end up looking something like a hobby horse but nothing useable in a manner to cast light or effectively burn for long periods of time. In short there is a pile of rubbish where there was once usable tools.

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2011, 11:03:33 PM »
Cteniz rummages through the satchel, coming out with a long metal tube of some kind which he turns over a few times in his hand, trying to ponder its meaning. He puts his ear up to the tube to see if it ticks. no luck.

He puts it down for the time being, rummaging through more of the bag.
He finds some strange device inside, partly crushed- a curious, square thing that fits in the palm of his hand. He looks at it, confused, and pokes one of the numbers.
Recoiling in fear when it lights up, he very nearly drops it. Lastly, he finds what looks like an animal's foot on a keychain. he stares at this in confusion. There are still objects in the satchel, but this is all mother will need. The rest he wanted for himself.
Putting down his favored trinkets (with the notable exception of his beloved pocketwatch), he very nearly squeals with glee when he sees the leather-bound notebook.
WORDS! I will see what they look like finally!

He picks up the metal tube, the notebook, the strange brick, and the rabbit's foot and lays them out on the sarcophagus. He looks up at the ceiling, triumphantly.

"There. Mother has seen them. You may take what you like."

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2011, 11:05:58 PM »
Cteniz scurries back to his hiding place behind the sarcophagus with the journal and his satchel, and gathers up the rest of the trinkets that he did not leave on the sarcophagus. He places them in his satchel and stares at the leather-bound notebook for a little while before finally opening it.

WORDS! How could I have forgotten them?? Why do I still have trouble recalling their meaning?

Cteniz stares at the words on the page, not as individual segments, but as a whole. They are art. They are beautiful. Something within him coils and uncoils happily.

Beautiful.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:16:02 PM by Malavis »

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2011, 11:18:19 PM »
"Thanks!" [11] gets up lazily after watching [15], clearing the dust off the bottom of his jeans and cleaning his hands on his jacket, rubbing them as he eagerly walks to take a look at the array of things Cteniz laid out for him.

He picks up the strange light brick that Cteniz  abandoned, glancing back at the others before grabbing the Wallet and knife as well  shoving them inside the pockets of his leather jacket and walking away towards the pillars north of the chamber to take a look.

He holds out the light brick with the numbers, something about it feels famailiar as he holds it and press one of the numbers, making light pour out of it and wash over his face as he strides, he tries to read it before holding it up hoping to use it to light the darkened places when he reaches the pillars.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Intelligence + Computer
roll failed!


To Clarify, he grabbed and taken : The Cellphone, Wallet and Pocket-knife so he has them now



« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:23:39 PM by Radical21 »

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2011, 11:19:20 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Ok, so to clarify in simple language- since I realize this is a little convoluted and spread out over several posts, and that some of it was probably unintelligible, lol:

Currently on the Sarcophagus: Pocketknife, a few sets of keys, a lucky rabbit's foot, A cell Phone, a "Metal tube" with glass on one end that Cteniz couldn't figure out how to operate, some matches, and a worn machete. Cteniz has pocketed a few other items, but left the majority there. There are 2 sets of clothes, one men's and one women's, arranged around the sarcophagus on the floor.

There is also still one other corpse that Cteniz did not touch.

Spoiler for Hiden:
ST Voice: These items are the extent of what is found on these bodies, I let Malavis set the tone of this since they are the characters I'm borrowing from him for this (abiet post mortum) :> So there can really be no "surprise" items found from further searching of those particular bodies. The only other "bodies" are the man that was torn apart by everyone to the "south" of the map, and the ashen remains of some woman.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:31:14 PM by Aydoo »

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2011, 11:27:36 PM »
Frustrated with her failure she kicks her failed construction, shattering it. She looks around again, hoping to find a clue...any clue at all at. She notices the carvings on the floor...those may hint at something, if she's lucky. But she isn't big enough, she cant get a good look at them. She attempts to climb onto the fallen pillar to get a better look at the carvings.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Strength + Athletics
Rolled 1d10 : 8, total 8
Dex + Athletics
Rolled 2d10 : 3, 5, total 8

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2011, 11:33:38 PM »
[11] Holds out the Cellphone , spreading some low light in front of him as he looks at the stairs and the altar in the northern part of the chamber, trying to see clues for a way out or anything else that may be of use.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Perception+Investigation

Rolled 3d10 : 5, 10, 1, total 16



Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2011, 11:35:29 PM »
The girl manages to pull herself up onto the pillar with relative ease. She clambers on top of it, but the old stone construct has decayed a lot during it's rest and a piece she happends to step on gives away. She falls off, failing to steady herself, and hits the ground with a soft thud. She gets back up, looking unharmed (though a lot more irritated) and gives it another go. She looks absolutely determined to make this work, even if she seems to climb slower then before.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Strength + Athletics
Rolled 1d10 : 5, total 5
Dexterity + Athletics + Temp Willpower
Rolled 2d10 : 4, 7, total 11

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2011, 11:38:06 PM »
Cteniz attempts to make sense of the words on the page in front of him, finally zeroing in on individual letter and symbols, hoping to figure it out.

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2011, 11:39:00 PM »
The words on the page make no sense to him. He focuses on them hard, trying to figure them out.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spending temp WP
Rolled 4d10 : 5, 9, 8, 3, total 25
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:41:34 PM by Malavis »

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2011, 11:40:18 PM »
Finally managing to reach the top of the pillar, her formerly quick climbing speed reduced to a painful crawl this time around, she raises herself to her full height on top of the fallen stone. A big smile appears on her face, she knows she doesn't look like she's strong or agile so she's proud of having managed to do that all of that without any help. She gazes across the room, taking in the sight of the carvings, attempting to make sense of the patterns, hopefully giving some clue where or what she has to look for to find an exit.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Intelligence + Academics
Rolled 5d10 : 7, 9, 5, 10, 5, total 36

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2011, 11:51:03 PM »
[Subject 11] 's face twist in thought the side of his upper lip and nose flare up as he wrinkles his forehead, he cannot see a hint of an exit...its not that bad, there must be some thing ... maybe there... over there in the darkness... he sneaks closer into the darkness , negotiating the stairs to the northern most wall at the center trying to watch carefully as he lights the path with the cellphone... what a creepy place.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Courage
Rolled 3d10 : 4, 1, 6, total 11


Perceptions+ Alertness
Rolled 3d10 : 6, 2, 9, total 17



Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2011, 11:57:31 PM »
The words begin to make sense in Cteniz's mind- bouncing around in a disorganized fashion, confusing him further. Slowly they begin to form real sentences and make sense a little.

Trying one on for size, Cteniz speaks one aloud.

"Am... Amsterdam."

He holds the pocketwatch close, like a security blanket as he reads.
Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick.
Beautiful...

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2011, 11:58:09 PM »
The girl looks at the sight, sour dissapointment crossing her mind as she doesn't at all find what she's looking for. She sits down on the pillar, folding her arms over her legs. She's out of ideas, there's no way out. The hopelessness of the situation washes over her like a wave, leaving no resistance in it's wake.

She begins rocking back and forth as she starts to cry, small red droplets running down her cheeks.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal