collapse

* Notice

Important notice: On 28th December 2019 we moved to a new server. Please let us know if you run into any issues.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One  (Read 21886 times)

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2011, 09:29:39 PM »
His eyes look up at the ceiling, and as though he was suddenly completely oblivious to what was going on, he begins walking around the room, searching.

"Yes mother- There are patterns here. I see them too."

[15] starts kicking around the ash piles scattered around on the floor.

"These ash monkeys will be forgotten."
As he does so, he investigates them for trinkets, picking up whatever he finds, his thirst for understanding far outweighing his thirst for blood... At least for the time being.

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2011, 09:39:59 PM »
The girl drops the torn man to the ground unceremoniously. She's practically growling in frustration...there's a single word burning at her lips that seems fitting for the situation at hand, though she doesn't understand why. It takes her a moment to form and speak it.

"Fuck"

She starts to look around, desperately hoping that there's another way out other than the collapsed passage, or that by some miracle they'd be able to make their own way out. But nothing's in sight. "Come Brother, we dont have time! Look for an exit, we have to get out!" she says as she begins searching behind and in sarcaphogi and pillars, hoping she'd find something they'd be able to escape through.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 09:45:41 PM by Isador »

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2011, 09:46:07 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
PER + Investigation
Rolled 2d10 : 1, 8, total 9

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2011, 09:52:27 PM »
Seeing that there is no exit in sight, the naked [11] decides to follow the strange pretty Asian robed guy, his crooked smile fades replaced with a curious look, "hunnng?"  for some reason he is displeased by the nagging feeling that the deranged man is just ignoring everyone, prancing around and talking to his mother instead of sharing with the rest of them.

"Hey you! with the robes!" he walks past the woman and the kids down the stairs, calling after [15] so he would turn around and notice him.

He sees the man kicking the Ash piles , and he glances down at them as he rush to catch up to the guy that was scratching on the walls before.

"Hey your mother is not here..."
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 09:54:59 PM by Radical21 »

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2011, 09:58:52 PM »
15 moves to each of the ash piles in turn, kicking them so they dissolve into a pile of clothes and trinkets.
Spoiler for Hiden:
I am going to describe these items in a combo of modern terms and unknowns, but to 15 they are all just trinkets that make very little sense to him.

The first ash monkey he comes across is small- the clothes are slightly singed but he can make out what would appear to be a grey and red dress. Cut short, the style is nonetheless very modern. 15 takes no notice of this and picks up a long, highly polished and viciously sharp dagger from the pile.

The second is obviously a man judging by his dress, he wore a brown leather jacket and grey jeans. 15 kicks these unceremoniously to free the ashes as well.
The cowboy boots catch his eye, and, with no small amount of chuckling, he shakes the ash out of the boots and tries them on.
Inconsiderate ash... Too big. Mother, next time send someone with smaller feet.

he moves up the body and finds a set of keys, a wallet, and a pocketknife. There is a man talking to him. He turns.

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2011, 10:08:06 PM »
Crouching, he takes in the taller man with quick rotations of his head, keeping his eyes fixed on the man.
"You. Don't see mother? Or father? Or Mother?"
He contemplates.
"With me. All through the sleeping... So I am blessed."

They made you suffer hell.

Suddenly one word comes to him- pounding into him, and he almost falls to his knees in thanks.
Cteniz. MY NAME.

"These ash monkeys have trinkets. more productive than making half monkeys."

The man points to himself.
"Cteniz."

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2011, 10:12:49 PM »
The Tall muscular man comes to a stop as the strange [15] turns to face him, he unceremoniously peers down at the leather jacket and grey jeans  , he glances at [15] and his mouth and brows purse in a silent questioning look, "uh, can I have those?" ', he tries to remember to smile, its so important to smile and his mouth spreads in an eerie fake smirk that stretch across his the triangular satyr look of his face.

He kneels to grab the jacket and jeans as [15] shakes up the cowboy boots.

"Cteniz?" he  looks up at the man as he jumps on one foot, hurriedly trying to get himself and the other leg into the jeans after shaking the dust off.
"Is that your name? I'm... "


Spoiler for Hiden:
Charisma+Performance
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d10 : 1, total 1

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2011, 10:13:49 PM »
The man is difficult to look at. His very presence unnerves you.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Eerie presence.

He returns to his pile of ash, feeling over the bodies and making one pile in the middle of the things he does not want for himself. He keeps the dagger in his hand, but piles the wallet, keys, and pocketknife reverently atop the stone crypt. On the floor, he creates a small pile of clothes, all organized as though their owners were laying on their backs with their heads against the crypt.

"Mother... Prefers order. Patterns. So. I will. Father breaks them, but mother is louder now. She does not like that we take ash monkey's trinkets."

He looks down at the man as he puts on the pants.

"Empty seat at the offering table."
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:15:24 PM by Malavis »

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2011, 10:24:09 PM »
Cteniz shimmies over to the other body on the ground, moving his hands over the ash pile, lightly stroking the clothing, disturbing the ash of the body itself only slightly.

"This one was strong."

As he says it, the person shaped ash pile disintegrates fully.

"Rest now."
He pulls the clothes out of the pile, paying momentary attention to the steel-toed shitkicker boots that the man was wearing. He shakes the ash out of these and tries them on. He wiggles his toes and grins manically when he sees that they fit.

"Thank you mother."

He arranges the shirt and black denim jacket as per whatever strange ritual he seems to be making, and then rummages around in the pants. Hanging off the belt is a chipped and worn machete. Cteniz pulls this from its sheath and examines it, before placing it reverently atop the crypt. The objects atop appear to form a pattern, but you cannot make it out yet.

Reaching into the pants, he pulls out a lighter and holds onto it, enjoying the feel of the cool metal, unsure if he wants to part with it yet. Perhaps mother would allow him a few more. He drops it into his hood for safe keeping.

Moving on to the last man near the center of the room, he stops and seems somewhat enraged.
"This one... Secrets... Mother Liked this one for his order."

Angry, he kicks the pile of clothes and scatters the ashes in a wide arc.
"Silent now. Nothing left to love."

Tick. Tick. Tick.
What was that intoxicating sound??
Mother twitched silently within him.
It is BEAUTIFUL!!

Cteniz dives upon the clothes, ripping and tearing, until he finds what he is looking for. A small, polished pocket watch. He holds it lovingly to his cheek, smiling widely.

"May I keep it?"
His task forgotten, he rubs his face against the pocketwatch, before collecting it in his hand with the dagger and dragging the clothes over to the altar. In doing so, he uncovers a leather satchel that he did not see before.

Cteniz scoops this up and lifts it awkwardly over his shoulder, looking a bit encumbered now.

"Mother, I will choose. First I must see how they feel."

He arranges the clothing as per his strange ritual once again, and scurries behind one of the sarcophagi to inspect his prizes.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:32:21 PM by Malavis »

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2011, 10:26:24 PM »
Fits into the cloths, putting on the Leather Jacket as well but it remains open revealing his naked pectorals and abdomen muscles, he looks down at himself shaking his bare feet trying to remove the dust caught between the toe and foot-fingers.

[11] nods at [15] in smiling appreciation "Sure, thanks", empty seat? offering table? what is that guy on about?

He looks as Cteniz racks more possessions in a pile, pocket knife and wallet, he remember these vaguely as useful tools and decides to fetch them while [15] is busy collecting stuff.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:28:48 PM by Radical21 »

Offline Aydoo

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
  • Reputation: +558/-22
    • Aydoodle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2011, 10:36:34 PM »
There is another small rumble through out the cavern, a few pebbles falling to and fro, but then the entire area falls eerily silent except that of the sounds of the creatures [you] prowling through the ashes of the dead. The sound of water can be heard dripping in various places all around you, and the fire still crackles lightly near the caved in stairs [to the south] but is gently dying as it runs out of fuel [and oxygen] to keep burning. The lighting in the room starts to dim in tandem.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Rolled 1d10 : 1, total 1
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:49:27 PM by Aydoo »

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2011, 10:37:35 PM »
Cteniz is about to scurry behind the sarcophagus when he sees the man go for the trinkets. He makes a terrifying sound with his mouth- a chittering sound... Something between a rattlesnake and a hiss.

"WAIT!!!"

"Don't touch those yet. Mother has not yet seen them. You may take them when she is sated."

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2011, 10:50:54 PM »
[11] stops just as he is about to grab the things, he looks dumbly at Cteniz  and back at the trinket backing away slowly, he glances at the others  and looks up at the ceiling and around listening as it seems the trembling stopped and the light start to fade.

" How do we get out?"He asks Cteniz as he moves to rest his back against one of the tombs sinking down sliding to sit at its foot, starting to get somewhat worried.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:56:13 PM by Radical21 »

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2011, 10:51:54 PM »
The girl, suddenly realising that there is no light beyond the fires, and that having no light would turn it into a very permanent stay indeed, looks around the room desperately for something that she can use...something to stave off the darkness for just a few minutes more.

She looks up, seeing the ancient torches still hanging where they had been put long ago.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Intelligence + Academics This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 5d10 : 1, 2, 5, 9, 6, total 23

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2011, 10:56:20 PM »
Looking up at the torches she sees the burnt remains of the fuel that had long ago been used to light the torches. Most of it has been blackened but she realises she can still use a small part of it. She begins to gather up the torches, gathering the usable fuel from them into just a few torches to make several that she can use.


 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal