collapse

Author Topic: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One  (Read 20545 times)

Offline Friktion

• Methuselah
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #165 on: July 26, 2011, 04:12:25 AM »
[14] stands idly by as he watches the strange, robed man revel in drinking all the blood from the alter.  He wonders if he looked nearly as deranged as this fellow.  He hears the fumbling of another stranger in the distance.  The sound begins to unnerve him.

"I just want to get out of here and I don't know how.  I'll follow whichever one of you isn't a complete idiot.  Although at this point, I can't fathom who it is..."

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #166 on: July 26, 2011, 06:57:35 AM »
[11] thinks mumbling quietly as he pose realizing there are no more pools of blood "The only way out is blocked by rubble...."

He eyes [14] and the others from the corner of his vision thinking of what to do now.

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #167 on: July 27, 2011, 03:31:35 AM »
[11] Realizes that he is being sleepy, his eyes and face gradually turned to feel so blank and limp, without saying much else he holds up the cellphone strolling idly towards one of the open tombs at the center of the room and climbs into it, entombing his tall body inside before lifting and dragging the stone cover, sealing himself in the darkness.

For a moment longer [11] remains awake inside, only the cellphone lights the cold cramped airless space he as he lies within. "but what about the others..." he mumbles ,remembering that he doesn't know what they are doing outside the tomb now.
He doesn't feel like rising up and just stays inside motionless waiting for sleep to overtake him, for the energy of life to drain out of him.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 03:33:32 AM by Radical21 »

Offline Isador

• Methuselah
« Reply #168 on: July 27, 2011, 06:17:17 PM »
The girl starts feeling her eyelids get heavy. Was Cteniz right?...if he was, i can feel it.

She looks at her brother, who was showing the same obvious signs. "Come on brother. We need to get some sleep. We'll figure out how to get out of here tommorow"

The girl guides her brother to one of the sarcophaci, climbing into it with her brother.

She dares not sleep outside of one, afraid that they'll be picked off the next day by the ghosts, just like those other two people were. Something inside of her still tells her she should be wary of the rest, even if they look so...familiar. She stares upward to the ceiling, doing her best to stay awake, humming nursery rhymes from cultures that didn't even exist when she was alive.

Offline Malavis

• Antediluvian
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
« Reply #169 on: July 27, 2011, 07:32:27 PM »
Cteniz appears more anxious as exhaustion begins to take him: He rests his hands on the altar, shaking his head.

"They will come again while father is overhead... Mother told me before she rested."

Cteniz looks up at the gathered group, his face appearing to change. It shifts from one of worry to one that carries with it almost palpable menace. For once, the man does not stammer over his words or catch on certain syllables- he speaks clearly and lucidly, and eerily, it barely even sounds like his voice.

"This is going to get worse before it gets better."

Offline Friktion

• Methuselah
« Reply #170 on: July 28, 2011, 05:57:23 AM »
"But it is going to get better right?  That's the part I'm having some trouble believing right now."  [14] walks over to where he thinks he arose the day (night?) before and sits down leaning against the tomb.  Part of him wanted to crawl back in and try again later, but part of him warned against that.  His gut told him that perhaps it would be best to stay out of tight, confined spaces for the time being.

Resting his back against the tomb in a sitting position, [14] closes his eyes and lets anything and everything float to the surface of his memories.

Offline Bigpaw

• Neonate
  • Overall weird guy
« Reply #171 on: July 28, 2011, 06:47:05 PM »
[12] had decided to stop listening to the useless ramblings of the others Entombed. Yet, even focused as he was on studying the rock slide, and trying to find its weakest spot to start digging, he felt a weariness creep in his heart.

Damn it, barely awake, and already tired. What is this thing that makes me so weak ? The Sun ? What does it look like already ? I can't remember...

After a time, [12] reluctantly came to the conclusion that nothing he could do would keep him awake. He dragged his body to the grave from which he had emerged, and rolled back into the position he had spent years unknown. The rock felt really suited to his shape, as his from a long long erosion...
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

Offline Malavis

• Antediluvian
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
« Reply #172 on: July 29, 2011, 08:15:06 PM »
Cteniz feels his fatigue overtake him. Carrying the flashlight and his trinkets with him, he retreats to the southwest corner and squishes his back up against the wall, lurking there. Once he is in position, he clicks the flashlight off.

Offline Voidshaper

• Ancillus
« Reply #173 on: July 29, 2011, 09:07:00 PM »
The boy follows his sister down from the altar by the hand, shuffling to keep close behind her. His eyes stung, and his head felt heavy. Cteniz's performance made him nervous. How did he know those things? Why couldn't they find a way out of here? Was this room all there was? But those people had to come from somewhere...right?

Too tired to think, he follows the girl up into the tomb and lays down beside her, curled up against her. As she hums foreign songs to the ceiling, the boy closes his eyes and imagines what might be out there, beyond the stone prison. The images are fluid and he can not pin them down, no matter how hard he tries to concentrate before sleep takes him; a world of water, cold and dark. A beautiful bright object in the blue emptiness above, warming his face as he and his sister ride a giant brown-haired beast. A great city on fire, its glow doing little to keep the black night at bay.