collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One  (Read 24473 times)

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3024
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #150 on: July 20, 2011, 11:23:35 pm »
[11] carries on as the kid skirts behind him blurting out the hurtful explanation and excuses that echo at [11]'s back, he feels betrayed and disappointed now somewhat that the kid he was about to see as his son expressed the suggestion that they actually wanted him to die..
 but scary-kid was just being protective of his little sister, he was still afraid of [11] and that was understandable to the dark-haired man,  being someone they are afraid of also had some satisfaction and show of recognition to it.

"Its ok Scarry you can stay behind..." Not glancing back as he kept walking while speaking, he tried the more affectionate nickname similar to how the kid called him now hoping it would help the frightened kid calm down  ".... I don't want to hurt you or sister, I just want to lead us out of here...."

He said as he began to climb the stairwell, lighting the path with his faint cellphone light.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:28:14 pm by Radical21 »

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
  • Reputation: +5/-1
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #151 on: July 20, 2011, 11:39:12 pm »
The boy felt ashamed, even against the anger he still had for Goaty, sneaking up on them like that before. Maybe he had said too much.

"I..I didn't mean all of that," the boy muttered, looking at the back of [11]'s feet. "I want to be up front with you, where the danger and adventure is. But I want to protect her, too and...and maybe that's not where she should be." Admitting the two opposing desires in him wasn't easy.

He said he didn't want to hurt her. And he's trying hard to get us out of here...

Was Goaty actually a good person?

Offline Bigpaw

  • Neonate
  • **
  • Posts: 71
  • Reputation: +3/-0
  • Overall weird guy
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #152 on: July 20, 2011, 11:47:58 pm »
A short time before

Darkness !! Ye gods have changed your mind about waking us up ? Is it your will ?
[12]'s body tensed, then relaxed at once as he accepted what was coming back. Darkness had been all, and would be all in the end. He knew it perfectly. Then the theatre of ghosts took place, and he couldn't believe it. None of it made any sense to him ? Or was it a punishment, and enticement sent to them ?

Faith ! Whether it is on purpose or by happenstance, you're awake at last. Which means you can't let go.

~~~~~~

Now

As people were interacting in strange ways, freaking each others out, fighting, contesting leadership, cooperating, [12] was doing what he did best. Think sideways.

I know not what happened, but we're going nowhere. Unless the rumble isn't our only way out, I suggest we try and move it. Perhaps we could start by mere pushing and pulling ? Or if not, use what manner of tools this fresh body is giving us...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:50:17 pm by Bigpaw »
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3024
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #153 on: July 21, 2011, 12:07:06 am »
[11] Came by the Altar
 the rest of his expedition behind him, the last time he tried looking at that part of the room it was all dark and creepy and it was even more now but strangely the total blackout of the room made that fact less pronounced as he got used to being in the dark.

He held the Cellphone to the two pile of ashes on top of it, illuminating the ashpiles, his frowned in a puzzled expression,
 maybe Cteniz can help figure out what these mean.

[11] glanced back slightly blinded by the flashlight "Hey Cteniz , you out there?" he called on to [15]  "We need to find out what this altar and sacrifices  mean"

The tall muscular man posed by the Altar, picking at his half-opened mouth , trying to scrape some dried blood from his retracted canine fangs with his index fingernail while he waited for Cteniz and the rest of them to take a look.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 11:58:45 pm by Radical21 »

Offline Friktion

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 327
  • Reputation: +224/-2
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #154 on: July 21, 2011, 06:41:15 am »
[14] watches as the group makes their way towards him by the altars.

"Goat-man is it?  I like it more than Scar-man, but what would you prefer to be called?  What would each of you prefer to be called?  I'm actually getting fond of Scar-man so that will do nicely for now."


Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3024
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #155 on: July 21, 2011, 06:46:16 pm »
"Goat-man, I wonder why you would call me that but I accept it" He says thoughtfully rubbing the pointy tip of  his goatee, his mouth twists to the side in puzzled questioning as he looks at the Altar trying to think... "hmm... oh right " he thimbles inside his pockets taking out the wallet he took earlier, he only glanced at it seeing a picture of someone and stuff written on it, maybe it holds some clues about why the people came there searching for them.

He looks inside the Wallet more carefully this time, holding the cellphone light to it.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Perception + Investigation + WP to look inside the wallet and study the stuff in it.
Rolled 3d10 : 10, 7, 5, total 22
+1 WP.

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #156 on: July 21, 2011, 11:50:01 pm »
Cteniz, still brandishing the flashlight and holding the knife low, works his way around the group towards the carvings, ensuring that he does not turn his back on any of them. He looks down at the writings on the wall and floor, attempting to grasp some hidden meaning or significance, as well as attempting to read the words themselves.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Intelligence+Linguistics
Rolled 2d10 : 10, 9, total 19

Spoiler for Hiden:
Intelligence+Enigmas
Rolled 2d10 : 9, 9, total 18

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #157 on: July 21, 2011, 11:56:54 pm »
Spoiler for Hiden:
My bad, Misinterpreted the meaning of his post- I will rewrite the description of my actions: For some reason I thought there were carvings on the wall etc.

Cteniz, still brandishing the flashlight and holding the knife low, works his way around the group towards the altar, scanning the altar and the ashes for writing that he might understand, or any patterns, significance, or unnoticed clues that he perhaps overlooked in his first glance.
Spoiler for Hiden:
See above roll.

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3024
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #158 on: July 22, 2011, 01:32:42 am »
[11] shifted through the wallet "Bob.. bee... Dee... Pla ...Platt "  he managed  "Bobby D. Platt" [11] read the name next to the business card aloud, blinking for a moment as if trying to make sense of it, the guy was a Gerontologist apparently, whatever that meant.

He looked through the wallet some more before pocketing it again and going to kneel by Cteniz though not too close to try to see what he sees.

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #159 on: July 22, 2011, 02:01:11 am »
Cteniz makes a low sound in the back of his throat when [11] gets too close, and shoots him a sidelong, borderline murderous glare.

When he sees that the man is not armed and that his posture does not intend harm, he relaxes a little, but moves over to examine the carvings on the floor of the room more closely.

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2011, 02:40:10 am »
Cteniz sweeps the flashlight over the sigils on the floor, his facial expression for once full of thought and keenly focused. He stands and scans the light over the pillars as well.
They're beautiful, mother-- and they are everywhere!
Thank you, Child, but I can take no credit. I am ever the brush.

"They worked, to please gods. There... Were. Sacrifices. To maintain the cycle? Oh... How they warred. How fruitless."

Cteniz runs frantically to point out a large sigil of the moon on the floor.
"Mother!" He exclaims as he stands on it. Sweeping his flashlight down a short distance, he runs to stand on a sigil that looks like the sun.
"Father!" He splays his hands out in the air like some kind of crawling animal, like an ant or a spider.
He sweeps the flashlight over the pillars, illuminating more sigils that are difficult to make out based on his frantic motions. He pauses and points the flashlight down at the floor, the ambient light that it casts showing the suddenly confused look on his face.

"Father is in ascent soon. I can feel him awakening- and oblivion comes with him..."
Cteniz looks as though he is entirely unsure how he knows ANY of this.

Mother, Clarity, I beg you. They look to me now to parse this enigma.
You would explain shadows to shadows? Father asked: KILL them, you insignificant worm!!
Mother... Clarity, I beg. And freedom from father.
"Father is in ascent, and soon we will... Face silence."

As if pulled to it by an invisible rope drawn by a galloping invisible horse, Cteniz is off like a shot, springing to the pool of blood and chugging the remainder of the thick red liquid, finally abandoning all self-control in fear of this "Father" that he keeps talking about. He snarls as he gulps the remainder of the liquid and swallows voraciously.

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3024
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #161 on: July 23, 2011, 10:13:04 pm »
[11] Stares at Cteniz as he seems the man's shadow move over and almost plunge his head into the pool of blood drinking it eagerly, something about it seems very appealing, drinking wildly like that .

[11] searches for his own pool.

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #162 on: July 23, 2011, 10:41:42 pm »
The girl tries to process the rambling of Cteniz...she picks up the flashlight from the ground, holding it over the markings again... a sun and moon. Father is...in ascend?

"He's saying that...the sun is rising soon? How does he know? And..."

The girl's mind wanders further...for some reason, she doesn't like the markings representing the sun. It stands for something...something that makes her nervous, though she's having trouble figuring out why.

"The sun is a bad thing for us...i think."

Offline Bigpaw

  • Neonate
  • **
  • Posts: 71
  • Reputation: +3/-0
  • Overall weird guy
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #163 on: July 25, 2011, 07:07:20 pm »
The man Cteniz seemed possessed of uncanny perception to be able to feel the cycle of sun and moon. As for him being related to them, it was obviously the ramblings of a madman, and [12] quickly dismissed the thought. As much of the useless doings of the assembled crowd. He was academically interested in their search, and findings. But those were leading nowhere. He knew he should focus on solving this, as he always did.

This place is obviously a temple. What should matter now is the way out.

Instead, he turned to the now dry body of the disassembled man, and tried to tear a bone free.
Hmpf. A crude pick, but better than nothing, I reckon. Sorry for you, unknown man.
With his tool in hand, he tried to find the weakest part of the rumbling, the thinnest wall, and bore a hole.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

Offline Bigpaw

  • Neonate
  • **
  • Posts: 71
  • Reputation: +3/-0
  • Overall weird guy
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #164 on: July 25, 2011, 07:08:59 pm »
Spoiler for Scanning the wall:
Perception + Crafts
Rolled 3d10 : 5, 10, 3, total 18
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal