collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One  (Read 24426 times)

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
  • Reputation: +5/-1
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2011, 02:57:34 pm »
"You stupid jerk!" the boy screams at [11] from around his sister's back, quickly retreating behind her once more. He scared us for no reason, at all. He scared her. That was too far.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spending a point of temporary WP to gather his courage again

The boy springs to his feet, grabbing hold of his sister's hand, helping her up. He does not let go of her hand, but marches the pair right up to [11], grabbing him by the shirt and dragging him down to eye level with that scarred and blooded face. His eyes lock with [11's].

"You do not. EVER. Do that again. You don't come NEAR my sister and I unless I tell you to. You will get us out of here. And if you don't listen exactly to what I'm saying, I'm going to take this sword and shove it up inside you. And then I'll drink you, like I did those others, until you turn to dust in my mouth."

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND!?" the boy screams, one hand still clasping his sister's behind him.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Strength+Brawl to grab:
Rolled 3d10 : 6, 1, 4, total 11


Manipulation+Intimidation:
Rolled 6d10 : 10, 1, 6, 9, 2, 3, total 31

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2011, 03:05:17 pm »
The girl shoots an angry stare at [11], clearly not amused with his antics. She closes on of her fists, the only real thing stopping her from lashing out being that [11] is a lot taller than she is. She stays close behind her brother, ready to jump in to help him if [11] decides to fight.

"You know, Cteniz may be creepy but at least he isn't a jerk like you!" she shouts.

Angrily she picks up the book from the ground and holds it in front of Cteniz. Seeing him makes her calm down a little.

"These people..." she gestures at the decaying skeletons and the corpses in the rubble. "They came here for us. We were food to them. If we hadn't woken up we'd all be dead right now."
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 03:07:58 pm by Isador »

Offline Friktion

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 327
  • Reputation: +224/-2
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2011, 05:35:19 pm »
Hearing the conversation and the flashes of light coming from the two kids and the two men, [14] decides to chime in:

"Waking up only stalled it, we better do something else before we end up on these alters.  I don't like the idea of getting picked off two at a time by some creepy ghosts.  15 tombs, two sacrifices at a time, six of us.  I don't like those odds.  So what do you say, you shine that light over to the distant stairwell and we see where it takes us?  Unless you enjoy it down here."

Spoiler for Hiden:
manipulation to try and get others to accept his point of view
Rolled 4d10 : 8, 3, 10, 8, total 29

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3024
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2011, 06:52:07 pm »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Courage:
Rolled 3d10 : 6, 7, 2, total 15

Manipulation + Leadership:
Rolled 3d10 : 8, 4, 9, total 21


Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3024
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2011, 07:09:32 pm »
The Nagging Kid pulling at  the edge of [11]'s leather jacket in the darkness  fails to impress
The tall man suffocate a devious chuckle as he sees that the small brat regained his fighting spirit as result of his act and though he and his sister both think [11]'s a jerk they finally recognize him to be their savior.

 [3]'s tone doesn't sound very nice but its the intent of his words that matter, [3] is counting on [11]'s skills and guidance to get him out of there... he will be the one they look up to.

"Yes Scar-boy, sister and Scar-man"  he becomes sincere ceasing his laugh and shining the Cellphone light at [3] and [14] to see who he is talking to be better " Yes, Follow my lead and I will deliver us out of this darkness" He proclaims in proudly in an attempted husky bold leadership tone as his tall shadow looks down at the kids to impress them.

Spoiler for Hiden:
See 2 success Previous Manipulation + Leadership roll

« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 07:21:11 pm by Radical21 »

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3024
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2011, 07:16:25 pm »
[11] nods at [14]'s suggestion, "Follow me, to the stairway then " he takes his light and walk towards the stairs with hopefully [14] , [3] and [4] following, shining the light of his cellphone in front to see what can be seen

Spoiler for Hiden:
Perception+ Investigation
Rolled 3d10 : 9, 2, 1, total 12

 

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2011, 08:25:45 pm »
The girl glared at [11]. She wasn't happy with how he thought he was the one in charge but if he wanted to take the front, let him. Least then he'd be the one that will get eaten first...not us.

As [11] eagerly takes the lead towards the dark stairwell, the girl looks up at Cteniz. Her eyes betray her nervousness, like she's awaiting him to make the first move.

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
  • Reputation: +5/-1
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2011, 09:35:18 pm »
The goat-man had agreed to the boy's terms of getting them out of here. The boy smiles, feeling that his intimidation had the intended result and unable to recognize the man's passiveness towards it.

"Good. But I want to go in front with my sister." The boy lets go of the man's jacket. He notices his sister looking up at Cteniz for direction. The boy wraps his arm in hers, keeping her close. "We're small, and that's...good...for going ahead, right, in case there are small places. You'll just hit your big head."

"Well?" he questions, to both his sister and Cteniz, glancing between them both. "Cteniz, right? Can I borrow that light of yours for a little while, since I'll be out in front?"

Spoiler for Hiden:
The boy is putting his best effort into ensuring that he heads up the front of the line instead of [11]. Manipulation+Leadership:
Rolled 5d10 : 1, 7, 4, 5, 9, total 26

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2011, 10:12:41 pm »
Cteniz smiles at his inclusion in the group and his name's mention. he lowers the dagger slowly, not putting it back in his bag, and holding the light out in front as they all go. He smiles awkwardly down at the young girl, his facial expression showing in a slightly ambiguous way that he intends to protect the children.
He turns to the young boy, that strange grin still on his face.

"Taking the lead is heavy enough, child. Let me bear some of your burden by ensuring... Your way... Is lit..." Cteniz appears to have a mild seizure of the neck following the word "Ensuring"- and you can hear the vertebrae crack in his neck as he attempts to compensate and straighten out. He holds the light steady the entire time, steadfastly dedicated to his tasks.
Protect those who would ask it of me, light the way. Protect, Light. Protect. Light.
They are shadows. Your vision proves this. KILL THEM ALL CTENIZ.
Protect, Light, Protectlightprotectlightprotectlightprotectlight.

Cteniz appears lost in thought for the moment, his mild seizures fading by degrees.

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
  • Reputation: +5/-1
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2011, 10:18:07 pm »
Seeing the goat-man take the lead with the light from the strange object, the boy grumbles to himself. He didn't like being second, but the man had taken charge for now and it looked like there wasn't much the boy could do to change that. Instead, he had another idea.

Sliding his arm back down to grab his sister's hand once again, he tugs on it gently. "Come with me" he whispers, smiling into her eyes. He leads her forward at a brisk walk to catch up with [11]. They walk beside him, climbing the first stairs.

"Hey, Goat-man" he says to [11], "Let's both be in front. That way you don't get hurt, up here all by yourself. You know, if some more bodies come after us." He looks up at [11] with a dumb triumphant grin, happy to be there.

"I have a sword."

Technically, they were tied for first.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Charisma roll to determine whether [11] will humor the boy, and maybe keep him around:
Rolled 3d10 : 10, 8, 7, total 25

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2011, 10:27:55 pm »
The boy's sister pulls him back, whispering something to him as she pulls him behind [11] and close to Cteniz.  She quietly looks around as they begin to approach the stairwell, holding on tightly to her brother's arm, while still holding the book in her other hand.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 10:31:04 pm by Isador »

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3024
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2011, 10:40:32 pm »
The Brat seems to have ceased from his crying and desperation and now even his defiant tone changed , good, maybe he realized [11]'s intention after all and now was thankful enough that he would offer what little protection he could, [11] took comfort in that thought, they were all finally getting somewhere.

[3] was no boy he knew but his looks and demanor made him look like one, almost as if the short vampire made [11] feel like a father figure that the kids looked up to and strives to imitate in their admiration.

"Goat-man? is that my name?" [11] chuckled, looking down at the boy he crudely patted the top of [3]'s head, rubbing his hair and messing it up in an affectionate gesture "Yeah you can walk with me in front if you like... Oh you have a Sword do you?" he asked [3] in encouraging overly theatrical excitement.

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
  • Reputation: +5/-1
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #147 on: July 20, 2011, 10:46:47 pm »
The boy leans in to listen to his sister, and whispers something back. When they're finished, they stay behind [11], following him up the stairs.

"Nevermind, Goaty," he calls to [11]'s back. "You go ahead. My sister's afraid, and she wants to stay in the middle. I'd come with you, but she wants me here beside her."

Spoiler for Hiden:
Manipulation+Subterfuge to explain the whispering and sudden change of heart in the boy:
Rolled 6d10 : 2, 8, 5, 1, 1, 2, total 19

"Don't be afraid though Goaty. I'll be right here to hurt any monsters hiding in the dark."

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2011, 10:51:33 pm »
Cteniz makes a gravelly sound in the back of his throat after the boy mentions monsters in the dark. It is difficult to say whether he is offended or nervous. He sweeps the light in a wide arc, holding steady whenever it crosses in front for a few seconds so everyone can see where they are going.

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
  • Reputation: +5/-1
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2011, 11:03:14 pm »
The boy seems suddenly nervous as he is talking to [11], blurting words out in a long string of speech.

"I mean, it's not like we're letting you go first so you can be the first to die or anything. Well, okay, we are - but you might NOT die. It's really only if we find monsters, right? Or if you scare my sister again. I was going to hurt you back there. I want to feel what it's like, poking this sword into somebody. I just didn't want my sister to have to watch. I need to protect her. I need to stay close to her. She'll be safe if I'm around. I need her. And you can't have her. We're staying behind you. So there."

The boy squeezes his sister's arm as the tension settles and his own words sink into his head. Oh, darn...

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal