collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One  (Read 23811 times)

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
  • Reputation: +5/-1
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2011, 03:34:17 PM »
His chest was on fire. Pain seared through his flesh still, but he could tell that it was going away. Slowly...

And then everything went black. Not sure if he had fallen asleep, the boy struggles to get up on his elbows, a clear tone of panic in his hoarse voice.

"S-suh...Sister!? Whe..re..."

He focused on steadying himself. He needed to get up off the ground. He needed to be with her. Who knows what could be in the dark.

A chill jolt flexes down his spine when he hears that monstrous hiss in the dark.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 07:47:55 PM by Aydoo »

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2011, 05:16:07 PM »
As the last bit of light dies out, the darkness returns. Even in her fragmented mind, the girl recognizes it. It's the darkness she's been surrounded with for...for ages.

She clutches the book tightly with both arms, her eyes going wide and her fangs extending without her concent. She backs off slowly, something inside of her remembering how she was stuck here...alone...with just the hunger. She tries to avoid going back to that part of her mind, but as the darkness endures, finds it increasingly difficult.

Not the darkness, not the hunger, not again

Something in the distant parts of her mind scratches at the walls confining it.

Hearing the inhuman hiss, something inside her strains for release. Panick.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 07:48:23 PM by Aydoo »

Offline Friktion

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 327
  • Reputation: +224/-2
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2011, 07:53:53 PM »
[14] was slowly creeping his way towards the trinkets on the tomb.  He wanted to examine them just a little bit, hoping that one of them might distract him long enough to ease the frustration and annoyance creeping in his mind.  He watched as the children played, the creepy guy howled, and the loud guy marched.  His mind was focused only on one thing: escape.  Introductions and pats on the back would come later.  Reading books would come later.  Finding decent clothes... later.

Suddenly the lights went out and [14] stumbled, but not falling.  This time his body naturally adjusted to his surroundings and he was able to maintain his balance.

Unfortunately, his ego did not adjust nearly as well.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" He yells out in obvious frustration.  He wanted to yell more, he wanted to scream and shout like the crazed blabbering lunatic.  He wanted to let out a guttural scream that would shame the jolly green giant.  He wanted to punch a baby.  He did none of those things.

In an eerily calm, nonchalant voice, [14] said the only absolute truth he believed.

"We're all going to die down here."

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3024
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2011, 08:04:57 PM »
[11] closes his eye lids , noticing there is no difference in the darkness, he can't see for shit like this,  he brush his hand on the lowest tip of his goatee as his other hand tries to press the Cellphone button repeatedly to bring back some light

"Hello? can you still hear me" he talks to [12] and [3]'s last position. He tries to prod with his leg delivering a cautious jab to where [12] was before to see if he is still there.

Offline Aydoo

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
  • Reputation: +558/-22
    • Aydoodle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2011, 08:55:18 PM »
... The Cathedral of Stone is bathed in a muted sea-green light. For a moment you are blinded, and must cover your eyes as the shift in brightness occurs. Dozens of robed figures begin to congregate and file in from the [southern] stairs. You all notice that for the moment the rubble is gone. As you survey the surroundings alot of things have changed. The pillars are all now standing, six in all, and all the rubble is cleared. Sickly green torches burn around the cathedral with an etheral fire that seems cold rather than hot. The tombs from which you all awoke are no where to be seen, only to be replaced with several stone benches that are filling as the being make their way into the atrium.

Your body doesn't seem to wish to obey you. You cannot move on your own accord and find yourself falling in line with the rest of the group. Standing near the front. Some of you look down at the seated robed figures and notice that there are no faces under the robes, just a void where a soul should be, as if you are peering into oblivion.

Once all the beings are seated a tall man, his face distorted and constantly shifting in rage, anguish, and sorrow makes his way up to the altar. Following are two robed women, white gowns and flowers, each carrying a chalice. As they round the altar you notice it is whole again, covered in painted linens, and there are a variety of tools strewn across as well as two primitive resting stones on either side.

The man begins to chant taking one of the chalices and dipping his finger in it , drawing designs upon the women's faces and arms. Soon the whole congregation is following and you find yourself unable to help yourself and join in. The women drop the majority of their robes keeping the shawls that hide the most of their faces, and lay prone on the altar. The man, this shaman or priest; drinks from the other chalice and offers it up chanting louder. The congregation follows suit and so do you. You feel the vitae in your body almost pumping again, there is a feeling of fervor and excitement.

The man empties both chalice on the bodies of the women. A thick red liquid pours out and covers them before slowly draining into the resevoirs linked to the altar. He then takes his tools and begins his work. First he cuts along their bodies, intricate designs and pictograms. They move not, and make no sound, as if conditioned for this very ritual. After some time of cutting and blood letting, he takes a large wooden knife and drives into each of their chest. They buckle and let out an ear piercing screech that can barely be heard over the chanting. As their bodies set still, the liquid once inside begins to leech out into the resivoirs aside the altar filling them. The congregation stands and gives praise, their chants and words seemingly rocking the foundations of the place.

And then they feed. The entire congregation in their fervor and frenzy, rush towards the the resevoirs and drink. Liquid is splashed and their robes fade to a darker color as they make gutteral sounds. Moments pass and you cannot move from where you are standing still, even though your beast urges you to follow suit and feed as well. The man on the altar looks at you now. He stares right through you and smiles. As he smiles the skin peels from his face, his muscles and organs turning to ash, until naught but a skeleton is left, then that as well disapates into nothingness.

As you look around the congregation is gone and you are left standing in the eerie green glow of the temple. There is a rumble and a pillar falls. The walls collapse. Tiles and stonework crash down around you. Then there is blackness again. Nothing.


Click

The flashlight powers on illuminating the room slightly with its beam of light. The phone casts a smaller halo of light from your hand. Everything as it was as you last saw before the fire dimmed.

As one would care to look towards the broken altar, there are two robed bodies laying upon it. They have been ritually cut across their bodies and there is a large gouged out hole where the heart should be. Vitae trickles down into the resevoirs on the [west and center] sides.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Clarification: The room is still totally dark except for the two sources of light. The flashlight sends a beam of light across the cathedral. Its strong enough to reach any side from just about any angle. The problem is its pretty narrow and only lights up what it is pointed at. On the other hand the cellphone has a small radius of light about 10 ft. It lights up the immediate surroundings of the player holding it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 09:12:54 PM by Aydoo »

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
  • Reputation: +5/-1
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2011, 09:45:44 PM »
The sudden luminescence of the flashlight blinds the boy - searing the dream images onto the backs of his eyelids as he squeezes them shut. He waits a few seconds, and eases them open as the broken room slowly comes back into focus.

"Aagh..." he grunts, climbing into a standing position. His body still hurt, like a piece of him had been cut out; a constant pressure to fill it again. He honed in on his sister immediately. She looked scared, but unharmed. The machete dangled at his side, slapping against his leg as he took three steps towards her.

"Are you ok?" he asks her, putting a hand on her shoulder. His face turns from concern to confusion. "I was eating something sweet, but then...and I..I blacked out, or something. I had the craziest nightmare about this pl-"

Over his sister's shoulder he notices the shapes on top of the altar and freezes mid sentence. His eyes look past [4], locked on whatever it is he sees. He could faintly make out the dark shade of liquid dripping from the bodies, down into the small stone pools by the altar.

His chest felt like something's claws were raking it from the inside, clicking along each rib. Again. And again. The pain grew steadily, torturous, never receding... but coming more and more, like a snowball being run down a mountain - shattering a great icy boulder inside of him, burying burning cold splinters in every edge of his body.

The boy shivers. He looks to the flowing liquid longingly. It must be warm.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Self-Control:
Rolled 2d10 : 3, 1, total 4

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2011, 09:46:55 PM »
"Father's tendrils reach out to find me, even while... Waking."

Cteniz lets the beam of light sweep over the room, only passively aware that he is causing it.
Finally he tilts the beam up into his own face and flinches at the sudden brightness.

"We are... For the moment... Delivered."

Offline Aydoo

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
  • Reputation: +558/-22
    • Aydoodle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2011, 09:58:01 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Rolled 2d10 : 3, 5, total 8

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
  • Reputation: +5/-1
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2011, 10:06:18 PM »
"Unnghh..." His head reels.

"nngh-aaAAAHHH!"

One hand still on his sister, the boy shoves her hard out of the way and marches past her towards what little of the altar he could make out. He snags his foot against a fallen stone, almost tripping over himself as he scrambles over the rubble, but doesn't seem to care. The light from the flashlight is erratic, and the altar seems to pulse in and out of darkness in front of the boy, like another dream image.

He takes the last steps of the altar at a sprint and jumps - all reason or restraint drowned by the thunder inside of his chest - onto the first body, sinking his fangs into it above the breast.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Strength for shove/throwing [4]:
Rolled 3d10 : 1, 5, 8, total 14


The boy takes the most direct path to the altar through some rubble. Aydoo, if you want to have him take some bashing damage from banging himself up as he plows through it - that'd fit with the botch. When he reaches the body he will begin to drink from it, as much as he can, until it is drained or somebody stops him.

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #114 on: July 19, 2011, 10:21:50 PM »
The girl looks immensely relieved the moment the vision ends. It's over, finally.

She's happy to see some light again, even if it's being wielded by the Cteniz. "That light, i can use it to read this!" she says happily, daring to hope that finally she may figure out a way to get out of this tomb.

She's also happy to see her brother getting up. She nods when he asks her if she's okay, before something throws him into another fit of madness and he throws himself at the...corpses. Her gaze wanders to the blood dripping off the altar.

Hunger...


Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2011, 10:46:54 PM »
Cteniz smiles his terrifyingly unnatural smile and shines the light over her shoulder so she can read. When her brother makes a run for it, though, he follows the boy with the flashlight, as though just getting used to the idea of illuminating distant objects simply by pointing at them.

Offline Aydoo

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
  • Reputation: +558/-22
    • Aydoodle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #116 on: July 19, 2011, 11:19:57 PM »
[3] manages to imbibe some of the last vitae stored in the two bodies, after which he mostly gets a mouth full of ash and dust as they disintegrate into nothingness. The last of the vitae trickles down into the reservoirs and settles with the black stained substance that coats them. Through this feeding [3] manages to get a handle on himself and his momentary lapse ends.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Frenzy ends as soon as it began. [3] gains +2 BP, plus something special added to your sheet. Within each reservoir is about 2BP of vitae. While it may call to you remember that it has mixed with whatever contents the reservoir may have held before.

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2011, 11:29:26 PM »
The girl stares at the pooled blood longingly. Some part of her is telling her to jump straight in and feast like she hasn't done...but she tosses the thought aside, remembering the violent reaction her brother had to drinking anything from the ground.

She focusses on the task at hand. Need to get out first...then we can all drink...but not here

She allows Cteniz to shine the flashlight onto the pages. Her eyes take a moment to adjust, as the white pages seem harsh in the darkness that surrounds them. She begins to read...

Offline Aydoo

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
  • Reputation: +558/-22
    • Aydoodle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2011, 11:39:03 PM »
From the leather bound journal of Schofield

June 30th, 1966

God Dammit.
I swear to god, If I hadn't talked to the man myself, I'd think there was no one at the reigns of this operation. It's been nearly a decade since his eminence, bishop fucknut, decided to grace us with work or even a "By your leave."

We're stuck out here in the boonies after that last clusterfuck, which I will not mention within these pages again, for fear of a repeat incident.

Amsterdam's mood is surly, but what else is new. He keeps telling us to bide our time, that our ship will roll in, or some other anecdote, colourful though it may be, that these landed immigrants love to use. The man has been living in north america for decades, but hasn't lost a touch of that damned accent. He's feeding us that "Oy boyo, don'  chee worry" bullshit that makes me cringe. I never thought I'd say this, but I almost wish I hadn't developed a slight sensitivity to U.V. so that I could have been drafted to 'Nam. At least it would beat sitting on my thumbs here in buttfuck america.

Victoria fed us some new-age tripe about heading west to make the most of ley lines or some shit about acupuncture and our karmic path, et cetera and so forth. I don't listen to her most nights, to be honest. That hippie bullshit always made my skin crawl. What I DO know for sure is that this is a goddamn waste of my time and considerable talent.




April 25th, 1987

Loath as I am to admit it, I think Amsterdam was right. The aforementioned bishop fucknut has promised us a new assignment, and the carrot of that "wonderful promotion" has given the irish bastard a hard-on for carnage once again. Apparently someone up the chain has discovered some kind of vague apocryphal lore; now the whole damn sect is crapping its pants over the end of the world, and we're on the front line, poking around blindly in caves to find some ancient grandsire of ours that may or may not eat our face.

The icing on the cake, as if there needed to be more, is that they don't exactly KNOW where this place is- But on the upside they've narrowed it down to an area of forest roughly the size of the country we're looking in.
Fuck. I never thought that having a brain would mean I'm stuck holding a bag of shit, but I know Amsterdam is going to blame me if I can't find this mystical ark of the covenant. Back to my books, I guess.

The text the bishop provided was mostly torn to shit. There are whole sections missing, and it is going to take me quite a while to map out some possible locations.

As an aside, Brooke is excited, even manic. She's becoming more of a handful than usual, going on and on about spiders and people in the sky, or some bullshit. It took poor Amr all night to calm her down and even then she was still freaking right the hell out. She even managed to cut him a few times before she was subdued. What a crazy bitch.



January 13th, 1995

Dear God: Thank you for the Juicebags.

For being half-retarded cattle most of the time, they have an interesting habit of coming up with some really fascinating developments.Phones are getting smaller, cars are faster, and with the right computer, you can access the sorts of things you used to have to spend a considerable amount of coin to bribe someone for, once upon a time.

Long live the american dream.

We managed to get some satellite images of the areas we'd been scoping out for the last few years, and though I don't want to jinx it, I think we may have hit the proverbial mother lode.There are three areas that have a lot of potential but unfortunately they're a considerable distance apart.

Just our fucking luck.

The last place we looked was crawling with lupines, we barely made it out of there with our scalps, and now Amr is reminding us nightly of how he pulled our asses out of the fire. Douchebag.

Amsterdam is absolutely dead-set on finding SOMETHING that will prove we're not total fuck-ups before he sends word back to his bosses. In all honesty, I'm beginning to think the bishop gave us up for dead a long time ago.

We're close. I can feel it.

Brooke has been really quiet lately. To be honest it's been a nice change, compared with the usual antics and bullshit- I swear to god, we should just lobotomize her now so she STAYS like this. The tumult she causes every time she swaps moods is getting really tiring for me.



August 21st, 2002

Jackpot.
East of some shithole the kine call "Cavern" but might as well have called "Armpit," There's this spooky fucking forest where we came upon some ruins that match descriptions from some of the fragments I got from the bishop.

Finally, it looks like we're back on track.

Brooke and Victoria are agreeing with each other for the first time in history though, and that's enough to get the hairs on the back of my neck standing up.They're going on about bad juju in the forest: Some kind of Blair Witch bullshit; they're even going so far as to say that we should give up on this whole thing.

Amsterdam reminded them (harshly, I might add) that we've been at this shit for almost FIFTY YEARS and that if we've got nothing to show for all that work, we might as well go suntanning, because it'd be a much more pleasant retirement than what the capes back home have planned for us. I tend to agree with the guy, but he's been obsessed over this lately to a level that would make Brooke pause for thought, were she to ever have a fucking coherent thought.

Spent the last few nights putting together supplies for an expedition into the area. We "conscripted" some of the local kine into helping us, as clearing rubble is a little beneath the Sword of Caine. It also can't hurt to have a portable snack machine if we find ourselves peckish in the deep woods, especially if the Lupines decide to crash the party- Fuck knows I'm not going to fight them directly, much rather throw a juicebag and run. You don't have to outrun the bear, they say, just the slowest guy in the group. People run pretty slow when they're half-drained, so my chances are good in any case.

Brooke is a giant ball of doom and gloom, nearly uncontrollable. It's par for the course as we've been getting closer though, which gives me a weird kind of hope. I actually DREAMED last night, which is either a very good sign, or a very bad one.

I've been hoping for very good. This whole thing can't be leading up to one big-ass anticlimax. That would just be too cruel.

I'm optimistic though, as whatever IS sealed in that crypt has likely been there for a really long time without any food, so that means they're easy prey. Once we're done that, we can go tell the bishop we've earned a little R&R and can finally stop kicking our own asses on this stupid wild goose chase.

I'm starting to get a really good feeling about tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 11:45:40 PM by Aydoo »

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC : Chapter One
« Reply #119 on: July 19, 2011, 11:42:19 PM »
Cteniz reads over the girl's shoulder, standing just a little too close once again. He makes a small ticking sound with excitement, as this time the words make SENSE! They are not a jumble and they follow fairly clearly from one idea to another.
Thank you, father, for your mercy.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal