collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2  (Read 15045 times)

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2011, 03:38:52 PM »
A moment of panic passes before the girl picks up the sound of her brother screaming in his sarcophacus. That voice can only belong to one person

She runs across the tomb to her brother's sarcophacus, immediately tearing open the lid and tossing it aside like an oversized frisbee. "Brother?!" she cries out.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Strength
Rolled 1d10>4 : 6, total 6

Offline Friktion

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 327
  • Reputation: +224/-2
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2011, 04:45:59 PM »
[14] pushes against the lid and while it does seem to shift a little, it does not move enough for him to get out.  He hears muffled sounds from outside as well as the sound of heavy rocks crashing.  Realizing that others must be out of bed, he cups his hands around his mouth and tries to direct his voice out of the sarcophagus.

"Can someone please help me out of here? Goat man can you hear me?"

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2011, 07:35:05 PM »
Seeing Cteniz's Sarcophagus moves, Goat-man approaches it, he is not sure who is inside , scratching his goatee for a moment as he looks about with a quizzing expression on his face but seeing the others opening theirs he decides to do the same and boldly help push the stone cover aside to save whoever is trapped inside.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Strength :
Rolled 4d10 : 10, 8, 2, 9, total 29


Offline Bigpaw

  • Neonate
  • **
  • Posts: 71
  • Reputation: +3/-0
  • Overall weird guy
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 09:18:50 PM »
[12] looked all over the place, and it didn't escape his notice that there were far more sarcophagi than actual survivors. Had others been lost in time ?

Irrelevant.

The bald man stood out of his coffin, and walked to the altar, oblivious to the reunited siblings. He was glad for them, but it didn't matter ultimately. Looking carefully at the altar, he tried to gauge whether the water was running in circles, or if it came from some place, and was drained to another. He took a small bit of silk and put it into one of the pool, then watched whether it came out back from the altar. It seemed to him that it had a deep symbolic resonance with their situation here, and he raised an eyebrow while thinking.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Int + Science
Rolled 7d10 : 9, 4, 3, 3, 8, 9, 5, total 41
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 11:42:08 PM »
Cteniz feels the stone move above him of its own accord, and looks up at goat man as he shoves the sarcophagus lid aside with relative ease.
Words come to him and none of them make sense within the current context.
He knows gratitude, but cannot come up with the words.
Have the words been destroyed while I slept?
Finally words return to him, seeming slightly more orderly than before.

"Thank you..." He says, uncertainly, the words flowing out slowly, as though he was trying to hold onto every intonation in each syllable.

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 12:11:02 AM »
[11] Gives him a Satyrish crooked half Grin, offering his arm to Cteniz to pull him up out of the stone coffin.

"Thought you might have needed help" he says in a tone that attempt to hint of triumphant Bravado as he notices Cteniz gratefulness.

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
  • Reputation: +5/-1
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 12:26:52 AM »
At first the boy's shivers give way to a dull sob when he hears his sister's voice above him. The gods are mean, to make him think that she is there, when she has so clearly abandoned him to be stuck here forever, alone in the dark.

But it isn't dark anymore, is it? And that girl, she looks...

The boy leaps out of the coffin and onto his sister.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Dex+Athletics to perform this amusing spectacle:
Rolled 5d10 : 3, 2, 8, 4, 2, total 19

Offline Aydoo

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
  • Reputation: +558/-22
    • Aydoodle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2011, 12:27:25 AM »
The silk cycles a few times before getting to bogged down in the water and snagging somewhere you ultimately cant see.

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
  • Reputation: +5/-1
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2011, 12:38:57 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Assuming he manages to land on her but clumsily.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Strength+Brawl to "grapple" -- i.e. sit on her:
Rolled 3d10 : 7, 2, 10, total 19

Just rolling for the sake of it...I know Isa can resist it in an instant if the girl wants to.

The boy jumps from his coffin and falls forward on his sister, bowling her to the ground. He scrambles on top of her and sits there, taking her face in for a moment. It's really her. He smiles widely but suddenly stops, his face contorting in confusion and finally anger.

"Why did you leave me?" he shouts, shaking her by the shoulders hard against the marble floor, his face smeared in blood from dried tears. "You are never allowed to do that again!" he roars, his voice filling the chamber.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Manip+Intimidation for how terrifying he is while he's angry:
Rolled 8d10 : 5, 9, 7, 10, 9, 1, 3, 10, total 54

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2011, 01:52:09 PM »
The girl falls to the ground like a ragdoll, confused as to what's going on. She's about to resist, already tensing up in an attempt to toss him off him. But his screaming shakes her to her very core. She raises her arms in front of her face, trying to shield herself but otherwise making no effort to defend herself against her brother.

"It wasn't my fault, honest!" she shouts desperately

Offline Friktion

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 327
  • Reputation: +224/-2
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2011, 05:52:05 PM »
[14] listens to the commotion going on above him, looks like trouble is stirring.

"Hello...? Goatman?"

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
  • Reputation: +5/-1
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2011, 04:14:43 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Self Control
Rolled 2d10 : 2, 1, total 3

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
  • Reputation: +5/-1
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2011, 04:29:19 PM »
"Not your fault? Not your FAULT!?" The boy screams at her, furious. His eyes narrow and he continues to speak in a low venomous tone.

"If you knew what it was like... to be alone. How scary it is. Do you know what it's liked to be scared? DO YOU!?" he raises his voice, his eyes boring into her, his fingers digging into her shoulders where he is pinning her to the floor. In his angst he momentarily wishes that he could show her fear, loneliness. So that she would understand, and never leave him alone again. This compulsion grows inside him as he stares into her, becoming a vengeful wish in his very blood.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spending 1 BP; using The Haunting on his sister, difficulty 5 (Isa's Perception+Self-Control)

Manip+Subterfuge:
Rolled 7d10>5 : 9, 10, 5, 7, 10, 1, 8, total 44

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
  • Reputation: +5/-1
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2011, 04:32:36 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Ok, I fail at roll formatting. The 5s should count as successes if we're using the standard core rules. To my reckoning that's 5 successes total, which according to the the Discipline description is..."3 months" of the Haunting. This is subject to Aydoo's approval, and how he prefers to handle the Haunting. I'll leave it up to him from here! Sorry Isa!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 04:35:10 PM by Voidshaper »

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2011, 06:16:59 PM »
He's hurting me! Why is he hurting me! I didn't do anything! I have to get out of here but he's hurting me! I have to get out of here! Why wont anyone help me!

Spoiler for Hiden:
Courage to see if she gathers her composure and fights back
Rolled 3d10>5 : 6, 9, 7, total 22

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal