collapse

Author Topic: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2  (Read 12567 times)

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2011, 06:24:51 PM »
The girl removes her arms from her face, her eyes glaring at her brother. Her fangs slide out from underneath her lips as face contorts with anger, she begins to struggle under his weight with strength far exceeding her appearence. "YOU'RE HURTING ME!" she screams in outrage.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Strength+Brawl[blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 9, 2, 5, total 16[/blockquote] Potence [blockquote]Rolled 1d10 : 10, total 10
Rolled 1d10 : 4, total 4
Rolled 1d10 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]

Offline Aydoo

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
    • Aydoodle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2011, 06:30:22 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Tie Breaker, High for Isador, Low for Void[blockquote]Rolled 1d10 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]

Offline Aydoo

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
    • Aydoodle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2011, 06:31:38 PM »
Despite her struggles the boy still has her pinned down quite well, though perhaps not for long if someone else intervenes or he lets up.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 06:33:38 PM by Aydoo »

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2011, 07:24:42 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Conscience [blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 10, 5, 9, 2, total 26[/blockquote]

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2011, 07:41:31 PM »
The girl's scream cuts the boy to his bone. This was his sister. He couldn't...how could he have let this happen?

He lets go of her shoulders and tries to stand up but her struggling sends him staggering backwards and tumbling to the floor. He looks up at her from between his legs as he sits there, pulling himself up. His face is a wreck of horror.

"I...I - Oh no. Oh no no. I didn't... How -" He scampers along the floor up beside his sister, kneeling over her. He reaches out a hand gently, hesitating and pulling it back, only to reach out again as if unsure whether touching the girl may cause her to shatter into a thousand pieces.

"Are you...ok? I missed you so much. I went..." he struggles with the word, "Crazy without you." Finally he leans in close and pulls her toward him for a hug, softly stroking his fingers through her hair with one hand. "I'm sorry sister. Let's never be apart again, ok?" He pulls away, standing and offering her a hand up. Looking down at her, he is smiling, the scars on his face stretching and curling in its frame.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Charisma+Performance to add to it being genuine: [blockquote]Rolled 5d10 : 4, 9, 4, 6, 9, total 32[/blockquote]

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2011, 07:46:18 PM »
Hearing the Cries of the helpless whining girl Goat man looks away from Cteniz who refuses his offer of help.
His eyes shift between Scar-boy and Cteniz pondering the situation for a moment.

"Hey Scar-boy! play nice to your sister!" he shouts from the distance, Commanding as he moves , about to approach them, however as he does so he finally notices the  stone slab covering one of the tombs shifted slightly from how it was.

He stops and attempts to move the lid off [14]'s(Scar man's) tomb

Spoiler for Hiden:
Strength:
[blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 10, 8, 2, 8, total 28[/blockquote]

Offline Aydoo

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
    • Aydoodle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2011, 08:11:46 PM »
In an Herculean effort the Goat-Man flips the lid off the sarcophogai, with an amazing display of Strength as one would flip a table. It hits the ground with a loud dull thud and slightly cracks. One would notice his muscular frame rippling as he does so.

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2011, 09:04:41 PM »
The girl immediately backs off and scrambles to her feet when her brother releases her. She takes several steps back, glaring directly at him the entire time, not as she had once looked at her brother but as one would look at the monster that had recently attacked her. She partially uses one of the other sarcophaci as cover as she keeps staring at him, unsure if he'll make another move to hurt her again or is really sorry for what he did.

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2011, 09:51:04 PM »
When the girl staggers to her feet and moves to hide behind a coffin, the boy's smile twists into a wounded grimace.

"No..no, please. Don't leave me again. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..." he pleads to his sister. A fresh red tear rolls down his cheek, snaking its way in and around the crags of scar tissue.

Offline Friktion

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 327
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2011, 12:07:38 AM »
[14] shuts his eyes as light invades his personal space.  Blinking a few times to wash the image of herculean strength out of his mind, he sits up.

"Thanks a lot Goat-Man.  What's all the commotion about?"  He rubs the sore muscles in his legs.


Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2011, 12:54:51 AM »
Cteniz remains in his lidless crypt for a few minutes, staring up at the stone ceiling and watching the patterns in the stone form brand new shapes- designs and unknown creatures; these were-- Animals. Yes. Some instinctive part of him was beginning to put it all back together. Their kind, humans, were special among animals, and our kind was special among mortals: predators of some kind. It hurt Cteniz to spend much time thinking about it- like pushing his hand downward onto a piece of glass or holding it in a flame, his mind recoiled from it instinctively. The words were almost visible- as though shining light on them would cause them to take form and fall from the ceiling, crushing him in the weight of meaning. Cteniz looks away and curls up in the fetal position, his eyes screwed shut tightly.

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3023
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2011, 09:18:35 AM »
[14] shuts his eyes as light invades his personal space.  Blinking a few times to wash the image of herculean strength out of his mind, he sits up.

"Thanks a lot Goat-Man.  What's all the commotion about?"  He rubs the sore muscles in his legs.

Goat-Man towering at the edge of  [14's] tomb smiles as he looks down at the blinded Scar-man before glancing to the side at his question, seeing the kids, hearing Scar-boy apologizes now, He decides its a good time to approach them and intervene, leaving Scar-man's side.

"Hey, Hey kids no fighting now, we need to survive this situation"

He approaches [3], kneeling his tall large leather and jeans clad body besides his to try and empathize with the shorty,  his broken satyr grin causing the edges of his goatee mustache to perk up as  he address [4], he wipes it off remembering he needs to be serious and compassionate with them."

"Scar-boy's sister you forgive him right?  now who wants to help me find a way of this place?" he says to them in playful over the top excitement in the tone people often use to encourage little kids

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2011, 09:26:10 AM »
A single arm pops up out of the crypt, as Cteniz raises his hand and volunteers himself without a word.

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2011, 11:49:34 AM »
The girl stares at the ground...she definitely seems a lot less comfortable then before. Unsure of herself, she comes out of cover and slowly aproaches the man and her brother, nodding softly. She doesn't look either of them in the eye.

Offline Friktion

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 327
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2011, 05:28:44 PM »
[14] looks around and takes in the new scenery.  Just like the outside of the crypt looks different, he feels different inside.  Something changed within him, he feels more... complete.

He concentrates on goat-man, imagining himself standing right beside him.  Without moving for his resting place, he whispers, "I do."

Spoiler for Hiden:
14 is throwing his voice to make it sound like he just whispered into goat-man's ear