collapse

* Notice

Important notice (31 July): We have recently recovered from a nearly two day downtime due to an attack. No data was lost or stolen but the server has been reinstalled as a precaution. Please let us know if you encounter any issues. We apologise for the unacceptable inconvenience. Please read here for more information.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2  (Read 16798 times)

Offline Aydoo

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
  • Reputation: +558/-22
    • Aydoodle
Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« on: August 11, 2011, 06:34:29 pm »
Quote
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
Buddha



Chapter 2:
"In which a mirror reflects the corpse of an angel."

Once again you dream. This time of less distant things. Your scarred mind recollects and tries to piece together the fractions of the information you recieved what seemed to be the night before. Slowly but surely the puzzle of your mind wants to come together. Yet for every piece that you seem to be able to get fitting snuggly in place, more slip away and are lost to your awareness. While you may be on the road to becoming whole once again, you will never be the person, the thing, you were before. You are evolving and all the ties to your past are being severed one by one.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Everyone rolls Willpower.

You awaken from another sleep. You have no idea how much time has passed. It could have been hours, days, years, or centuries. You find yourself within the stone sarcophigi that you know all too well [even if you were not when you drifted away.] However, you find the inside is much more, to say lucious, than it had been before. A velvet lining cradles the walls and edges, while underneith you, there is comfort in a padded and pillowed bottom.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Strength Roll Diff 7 (Potence gives Auto Success per point) Multiple rolls every few posts as needed untill you exit your sleeping place, or someone helps you out. 3 Successes needed to open it. Diff 5 from the outside.

After managing to pry the lid up you find yourself in the same stone cathedralic atrium you were in before, but do your eyes deceive you? The once crumbling walls are now perfectly carved and stable. The fallen pillars are upright and strong. The cracks, dirt, and grime are gone, leaving the hall in pristine condition. Along the walls and pillars sturdy torches burn and light the area, giving off a warm glow. In places there are ellegant draped cloth hanging from the walls, with intricate patterns of color seemingly weaved into it. (Patterns, not images.) Along the altar (top of map) end of the room, the altar has fine cloth lain across it. The edges of the cloth are weaved with a golden thread, and two small candelabras adorn the altar. From the altar into the pools; water drains down as some kind of hidden fountain pours out from the altar, down the various trenches, filling the pools with clear crystal water. The running water then drains down a sort of drain and the cycle seems to begin again. The whole area is accented with varieties of flowers and plants in small primitive containers filled with soil. Behind the altar is the statue of a man you do not recognise. He stands looking fierce, spear in hand. His carved clothing are simple, plain robes and sandles, with very few jewelry adornments. Around him seems to be a halo of carvings, but upon further investigation, they are actually more sets of arms, in various actions. The entrance [bottom of map] side of the room is just as neatly and beautifully adorned. A large stone double door is set at the top of a small staircase island, it is slightly cracked open and a bright warm light shines through illuminating the area allowed by the crack in a different way than the fire from the torches.

Futher noting, [Intelligence or Perception roll Diff 7] [3+ success->]the number of sarcophogi greatly out number the participants. Many are already open and there are no occupants within. Why there are so many you don't know, but it seems unnecessary unless they were either planning to fill them, or the occupants are else where. [1+ success->] The area is quite too quiet, except for the sound of the flames flickering. The air is much cooler than you remember, and even almost smells fresher. It is almost too peaceful and serene.

Spoiler for Hiden:
You know just about the same amount of background information that you knew before. The area around you however, seems even more familiar than it did before. It almost feels like a home you have been away from for years and now are just returning to from a vacation. You feel at ease and comfortable here. It is known to you and any panic or fear of death you had before from the threat of collapse or imminant demise should be gone from your mind. It is peaceful, and serene. All checks to frenzy while in this area are at -4 Difficulty.

In your mind skills and abilities have come together allowing you to access more of the aptitudes you may have known in life, or stolen from others in the next. Any skill with a 3 in it has modern basic understanding of that skill. A person with 3 Academics would thus be the equivilant of a high school graduate, with most if not all the general knowledge there in. A person with 3 in Brawl would be knowledgable in the aspect of say a school wrestling team member. This carries over through all the skills. Those skills with 2 or 1 still in them are still in the way of primitive and partial understanding. note this distinction only applies to this chapter.

Futhermore, everyone has gained slightly more mystical power as you have become intuned with the blood inside you again. Higher level powers have a slightly higher difficulty to use though, as they have freshly minted themselves within your mind. Level 1 powers work as described in either the house rules or the core book, while level 2 powers enjoy a +2 difficulty and level 3 powers enjoy a +3 difficulty. You know how to use them, but not effectively. Keep this in mind during the roleplay of the use.

Next you find yourself less hungry than you were before. While not overfull you are least for the moment sated. Everyone has gained 5 BP somehow but the thought does not cross your mind.

Based on the previous voting, players have also gained more Willpower. Do check your sheet before rolling, and make sure you are up to date. The top voted gained 3WP, next 2WP, and next 1WP.

Lastly everyone is now effectively 9th Generation. Meaning you have the ability to spend 2 BP a turn, and a larger bloodpool max of 14.

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 06:57:40 pm »
Spoiler for Hiden:
WP
Rolled 5d10 : 6, 3, 2, 4, 10, total 25

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3024
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 07:58:18 pm »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Willpower:
Rolled 5d10 : 4, 6, 2, 1, 9, total 22


Strength:
Rolled 4d10 : 4, 10, 1, 6, total 21


Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 08:12:44 pm »
The girl opens her eyes slowly as the fog of sleep dissapates. Her mind registers the sound of running water, even if the sound is muffled by the sarcophacus. She snuggles her head further into the pillow, intent on enjoying it's soft touch for just a while longer...it's only then that the thought crosses her mind...this wasn't here when i woke up.

He fingers work their way across the fabrics and up to the walls of the sarcophacus...everything's so...smooth...soft.

But something is missing. He is.

Her eyes shoot open as the realisation dawns on her. It doesn't matter how comfortable she is anymore, her brother is gone! There's no sign of him anywhere in the sarcophacus, even though they went to sleep together the night before. She sits up, looking around inside, hoping that perhaps he'd be somewhere in a corner, outside her line of sight. He was not.

Looking up, the sarcophacus was closed off. She didn't remember closing it off. She raises her hands opwards and pushes against the stone.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Strength diff 7
Rolled 1d10>6 : 9, total 9

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3024
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 08:16:17 pm »
[11] awakens in the dark confined place, it is too dark, is he really awake he wonders, already his hands feel the cold sides of the stone sarcophagus interior, he lies there for a moment trying to reflect on his dreams and where or when he actually is , it all returns to him slowly along with the fragments of memory hinting of his identity..

Almost as an afterthought he pushes his strong arms upward, attempting to open what must be the sarcophagus lid but it is too heavy. he pauses, for a second shuddering at the thought of being stuck alone inside that small dark and boring world, he must get out, somehow....

[11] then remembers the cellphone, its light, his large leather clan torso shifts about grinding slightly at the edges of the cramped stone walls as his hands squirm feeling about before locking onto the familiar touch of the light cube. he quickly tries to press one of the buttons on the surface of the device, praying that it still works.

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 08:17:12 pm »
With suprising ease, the lid of the sarcophacus rises under her strength. Lifting it up into the air seems impossible for someone of her frame, yet she seems to pull it off without much effort at all. She lets it fall to one side, causing it too land heavily on the ground.

She jumps over the side of the sarcophacus, looking around desperately. There are so many of them in the tomb! How can she find the right one! Is he even in one of them?

"Brother! Brother where are you!" she calls out

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3024
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 08:59:41 pm »
The Cellphone lit up above the Satyr-man's face, washing him and the confined space with faint bluish light, for a second [11]'s face was a crooked victorious grin as even this light gave him a small spark of hope even from something so seemingly meaningless, His smile faded when he looked up at the old and apparently heavy stone slab above him, trying to figure out the best way to push its center of mass, he had to try again.

Positioning his hands more appropriately this time and lifting his knees up he attempted to push his limbs outward to lift lid again.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Rolled 5d10 : 2, 7, 4, 8, 4, total 25

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3024
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 09:49:45 pm »
With Great effort of the muscles of all his four limbs [11] succeeds at slowly sliding the heavy stone lid out of the way revealing the space outside.

He seats up inside the belly of the sarcophagus , looking around curiously at the chamber that is now revealed to him, the dry edges of his goatee mustache perking up...

Offline Friktion

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 327
  • Reputation: +224/-2
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 11:03:29 pm »
Spoiler for Hiden:
WP
Rolled 5d10 : 8, 9, 6, 7, 5, total 35


Scar-man awakens snuggling his head against something soft and comfortable.  Rolling over he doesn't even want to get up.  What's the point he thinks to himself.  I'm trapped in this stupid place with these stupid people and stupid ghosts.

Suddenly, in an "ah ha!" moment, he remembers that this is not where he last went to sleep.  Nor was this where he last woke up, as it was distinctly not nearly as comfortable.  "Well if this is hell, it's not too bad" he voices to the darkness around him.  Scar-man paws his hands around feeling the clash of the soft fabric and the cool stone.  He slowly sits up and tries to push the stone slab.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Str
Rolled 2d10 : 10, 6, total 16


Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 11:50:25 pm »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Willpower
Rolled 7d10 : 7, 2, 10, 4, 4, 6, 6, total 39

Cteniz was awake long before he heard sarcophagus lids begin to crash to the floor: staring straight up at the patterns in the velvet that made up the ceiling of his tomb, trying to see through the impenetrable blackness but failing utterly. his fingers trace the lines of soft material, as though trying not to disturb even a single one.
Even the simplest of mother's creations are beautiful.
Rise, Child, it is time to continue.- Mother's voice resounded in the crypt, decieving him for a moment, making him believe that he stood alone in the darkness, teetering above some great abyss.
panic seizing his limbs, he pushes out with both hands and feet, shoving frantically, throwing his weight around the crypt.
The abyss rises again to find me! Mother!!

Spoiler for Hiden:
Going to do multiple strength rolls as it will take multiple turns for Cteniz to do this.
Rolled 1d10 : 6, total 6

Rolled 1d10 : 8, total 8

Rolled 1d10 : 5, total 5

Rolled 1d10 : 8, total 8

Rolled 1d10 : 10, total 10

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 11:54:27 pm »
Heaving and crying out, Cteniz finally manages to create a crack in the sarcophagus lid large enough for the light to filter through. Here he stops for a moment and collects himself, memories and imaginings beginning to categorize themselves in his mind. He screws his eyes shut hard, trying to drive down the rising fear within him. Forcing his fingers into the crack, he gives one last hard pull, and gives himself enough room to pull his skinny body through. Grabbing the satchel and the flashlight, he takes in the room around him, making a quiet ticking sound with his tongue, seeming not to acknowledge the others at first.

Offline Bigpaw

  • Neonate
  • **
  • Posts: 71
  • Reputation: +3/-0
  • Overall weird guy
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 06:52:11 pm »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Willpower
Rolled 6d10 : 4, 5, 1, 6, 4, 8, total 28


Strength
Rolled 2d10>6 : 6, 6, total 0

Rolled 2d10>6 : 8, 3, total 8

Rolled 2d10>6 : 9, 5, total 9

Rolled 2d10>6 : 6, 1, total 0
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

Offline Bigpaw

  • Neonate
  • **
  • Posts: 71
  • Reputation: +3/-0
  • Overall weird guy
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 07:06:15 pm »
As [12]'s consciousness began drifting back again into his body, he once again took hold of his senses. Before he could even open his eyes though, he was already surprised by what his touch reported to him. The discrepancy with his latest memory stood out vividly. He had always prided himself a man of reason, and he was very puzzled by the turn of events around him. [12] then opened his eyes warily, and his feeling of weirdness only grew.

A prepared coffin ??
Think. Think. Think.
Data amount limited. New input required.


[12] tried to open it once, twice, but to no avail. He then remembered that there was a place to push in order to shift it, and it slided aside easily enough.

Looking around, he raised his eyebrows, and resumed his favorite behaviour of looking deeply at things, and analyzing them before anything else.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Intelligence
Rolled 5d10>6 : 8, 10, 6, 10, 3, total 28
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
  • Reputation: +5/-1
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2011, 02:58:07 am »
Spoiler for Hiden:
WP:
Rolled 7d10 : 8, 5, 7, 7, 3, 4, 4, total 38


Strength:
Rolled 3d10 : 2, 9, 1, total 12

Offline Voidshaper

  • Ancillus
  • ***
  • Posts: 203
  • Reputation: +5/-1
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: Chapter 2
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2011, 03:20:54 am »
"Hnng..." the boy's eyes flutter open and he reaches his arm over to where his sister had been, finding only plush velvet. He found this strange. She's not gone, she must just be on the other side...

He rolls over and gropes the darkness, again brushing against the coffin's siding. Panic. WHERE IS SHE? He flails around inside the confined space, knocking his arms and legs against its walls. WHO TOOK HER FROM ME? The beast inside him rages. He tries to push against the sides, but it's no use. Somewhere within one of the sarcophagi, you hear a boy screaming wild and unintelligibly.

Please...just give her back. She's all I have. It isn't fair, she's my sister. My...my... Your Life.

Without her you are nothing. You are small, and weak. You are nobody. A monster. She left because you're a pitiful creature. She hated you...

The boy stops struggling and lays there quietly, curling up into as much of a ball as the space will allow, and begins to shiver violently.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal