collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: 2.5412885  (Read 7114 times)

Offline Aydoo

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
  • Reputation: +558/-22
    • Aydoodle
Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: 2.5412885
« on: October 04, 2011, 01:44:10 am »
Quote
The Silent Comedy : Bartholomew
Oh my god
Please help me, knee deep in the river tryin' to get clean
He says wash your hands, get out the stains
But you best believe, boy, there's hell to pay
Yeah you best believe, boy, there's hell to pay, sayin'
Come on

Oh my god
Please help me, waist deep in the river, can you hear my plea?
He says, son, you come like a beggar in the street
You might make it, boy, but by the skin of your teeth
You might make it, boy, but by the skin of your teeth, sayin'

I rambled with the worst of them
Fell in love with a Harlequin
Saw the darkest hearts of men
And I saw myself starin' back again
And I saw myself starin' back again

Oh my god
Please help me, neck deep in the river screamin' for relief
He says, it's mine to give, but it's yours to choose
You're gonna sink or swim, you're gonna learn the truth
No matter what you do you're gonna learn the truth sayin'

Ate the bread that once was stone
Fell from a cliff, never broke a bone
Bowed down to get the kings overthrown
And I'm all alone and the fire grows
And I'm all alone and the fire grows

Spoiler for Hiden:


Chapter 2.5:
"In which the blind mice scurry from their hole into the butcher's Oblivion, or the four horsemen of which you never see the fifth coming."


The stairs. They seem to twist and turn and bend and ripple to very essence that seems to go on forever. An unending corridor of steps and stone and symbols you don't quite understand. The light at the end of the tunnel seems just within your grasp yet it so far away. Vertigo. You feel faint as almost falling and towards the light go until you emerge from the precipice your abode was kept. Blinded by an unnaturally bright light your eyes take moments to focus and eventually your surroundings become clear. A blue sky. Is it day? A bright light hangs in the air further than you could even reach. The forgotten sun? Your senses seek to recoil and terror fills your chest causing panic and rage that push the boundaries of your very sanity. The path behind you howls with the echos of the very beast in your chest; the emotions rippling and exploding downward causing it to collapse and you fall.

The light becomes darkness until red runs through your vision.

You awake at the edge of a forest that reflects your own nature, and conditions. Barren trees stretch out before you in length, their mangled branches reaching out to a sky that will never accept them; their gnarled roots firmly planted hiding from the world around them, seeking the ashes of the dead to sustain them. Nearly piled together, you are aware of the flesh of your "compatriots" near you. Beyond the forest of death, what seems to be a village can be seen, but it is perhaps a day's walk or more. The sky is filled with a light cloud cover, yet the whole of it radiates a sickly green, a malicious orb hanging, glowing in the direction of the buildings. It seems to light your way, or perhaps reflects your very soul.


Spoiler for Hiden:
In case my prose is confusing; you emerged from the cave to find yourself out on a cliff and the surroundings seemed like day to you (even though its still analogously not which caused you all to frenzy and the aftershock of which collapsed the cave and forced you all to fall off the cliff to your current surroundings within the dead forest. A "village" can be spotted some distance from your current location, at an indeterminate amount of distance. You are all free to do whatever at this point; there may be many wonders around to see though, just as many dangers. If the group splits up I'll make a side thread for each group. If everyone heads to the village I'll suppose that and post accordingly. It is literally up to all of you at this point.

Every will be fully healed, though I'll change BP according if you had taken damage, and I'll reflect on my current tally what needs to be changed.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 02:03:24 am by Aydoo »

Offline Radical21

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 3024
  • Reputation: +-1344/-52
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: 2.5412885
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 08:53:18 pm »
The Goat man awakens , his massive leather and jeans clad body curls and unwinds as he lift himself to get up, hunched shielding his aching eyes that are not used to this amount of light, he vaguely remembers what happened when he climbed up the stairs and that fire, it all seemed like a blur but now his wounds are gone and he feels good.... he thinks... no, he is hungry on second thought he realizes as the numb feeling of sleepiness slowly wears off and he becomes more aware of that ravening urge in his two canine fangs, begging for him to sink them into something and drink, are these houses he sees in the distance? he wonders rhetorically, his goatee and mouth can't help but form a broken half smirk at the promise of some nice villager blood maybe...

He remembers the others suddenly and he looks to them around him, can't forget about them...

Offline Bigpaw

  • Neonate
  • **
  • Posts: 71
  • Reputation: +3/-0
  • Overall weird guy
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: 2.5412885
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 10:26:59 pm »
The stairs had seemed never to stop, and [12] had wondered if he had not lost his mind. The sudden clearing on the cliff came as a relief, if only a short-lived one. The bald man had only time to get a glance at the wide space in front of him when his Foe within stirred, and vanquished his reason once again...

When he next regained consciousness, he looked around him confused. Had the cave been naught but a dream ? He was now in a forest, free from all constraints. Or was he ? In his mind's eye, he could easily see how he was still leashed to abasing evils... and seemingly to his companions of unfortune.

He stood up grogginly, and pondered his next course of action. He wanted nothing to do with them. Only his overarching goal ultimately mattered, and he wanted to resume it as soon as possible. Would they help ? Probably not. No one ever did... Would they hinder it ? Probably. Everyone eventually had... And yet, he had once again his hands tied. The events around them were so unpredictable that he dared not currently lose their potential help. So be it, then.

He looked closely up the cliff, trying to burn its position, its shape for good in his memory, and he then set to help their ragtag band on their feet. They would presumably all want to go to the village. If nothing else, for blood...
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: 2.5412885
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 09:41:51 am »
Cteniz tumbles and lands heavily at the base of the cliff. Raw instinct taking over, he scrambles on all fours back to the cliffside, settling himself into a nook against the cliff wall. He chitters quietly and stares outward menacingly at the open sky, gibbering loudly about something unintelligible, until he falls completely and eerily silent within the nook. Only his hands and his face may be seen, but you can see his mouth moving as though he is continuing to speak, staring directly at you while he does so, as though reciting some deep secret shame you have always kept hidden. The image is... Unsettling.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Dropping Lvl 1 Quietus (Silence of Death) On top of the nook. A blob of total silence now surrounds Cteniz.

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: 2.5412885
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 11:31:40 am »
Climbing the endless stairs, only two things were keeping the girl going. The thought that she had left the deathtrap of the tomb behind her, and the thought that she wasn't alone in her escape. Despite the fact that she still hadn't truly escaped anything yet, or the proven danger that her companions posed, she still felt calm. Anything better than being here alone...
Regardless, she avoided eyecontact with her brother the entire way. She didn't like how he acted, moreso, he was dangerous. She couldn't remember ever looking at him in that way, her train of thought keeping her silent the entire way up the stairs.

When they finally broke through the monotomy of the stairwell, the girl was the first to jump ahead and out into the...light? Though she had wanted nothing more than break free from the tomb, all joy she might've felt at her regained freedom evaporated as she saw the sun high in the sky. Every alarm in her head went off, her Beast practically screaming in fear as everything turned black.

She awoke again on the ground. It took her a moment to regain her senses after the initial shock of being directly confronted with her Beast again for the first time in...Centuries? Millenia? As she scrambled back onto her feet, she could see that the others had gone through the same thing. She backed off several steps, putting a bit of distance between herself and the rest, out of fear that the sudden confusion would send them flying at eachother again.

Noticing the village in the distance, the girl felt a small twinge of hope. Perhaps there are people there? People that can help us? But she didn't move towards it, instead looking towards the group. Cteniz was having another episode, she noticed, so he couldn't help. But what of the others? Would any of them be the one to lead the group towards the village?

Even now, the thought of her ending up alone frightened her more then the sickly green orb shining down on her from the sky, or the dead trees which surrounded her.

Offline Friktion

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 327
  • Reputation: +224/-2
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: 2.5412885
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 09:28:14 pm »
Scar-man roughly flails about, displacing the bodies around him, as he tries to reestablish a personal boundary.  "Boy did that... suck!"

He stands up and brushes the dirt and dust off of his clothes.  Looking around his grimaces as he works the kinks out of his body; he stares up at the tree line for a moment before looking back down to the ground.  He picks up a rock and begins to play anxiously with it, rolling it from hand to hand.

"I think we should check out the village up ahead.  Maybe find a good place to rest.  It's been a long day." He muses out loud.

Offline Aydoo

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
  • Reputation: +558/-22
    • Aydoodle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: 2.5412885
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 06:38:29 pm »
As the group that decides to go, travel through the mangled forest, the mists seem to shy away from their presence. A likely path seems to form itself though other options may also be present.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10

Spoiler for Hiden:
Those with survival knowledge and are exceptionally perceptive may wish to suggest alternate routes. Survival + Perception Diff 7.

Offline Bigpaw

  • Neonate
  • **
  • Posts: 71
  • Reputation: +3/-0
  • Overall weird guy
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: 2.5412885
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 03:39:13 pm »
[12] had never been much of an outdoorsman, and as such didn't quite know how to take the mist's behaviour. It seemed unnatural to him, but it went roughly in the direction he needed, and so he was content to stay wary, and follow the road offered.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

Offline Friktion

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 327
  • Reputation: +224/-2
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: 2.5412885
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 11:31:25 pm »
Scar-man looks around, more than likely mimicking the blank, confused stares of his companions around him.  Funny, the thinks to himself, he never really thought of them as companions before.

He shakes his head, dismissing the thought.  He looks at the obvious path before him and frowns before he speaks, "Too easy."

He looks around some more, if others have been here before, there would surely be signs.  Another route, perhaps?

Spoiler for Hiden:
Taking a gander around:
Rolled 5d10 : 1, 6, 10, 8, 1, total 26

Offline Isador

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Reputation: +299/-0
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: 2.5412885
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 01:03:00 pm »
The girl looks around herself nervously as she doesn't so much follow the path through the mist as just clings to the group. Having taken a position near the dead centre, though not making a move to get close to anyone in perticulair, she feels most comfortable here, surrounded by everyone else.

However, she avoided getting too close to the others. They all frightened her to some extend now, even her own brother, even Cteniz whom she first saw as a protector of sorts. Through all of this, she couldn't help but wonder...

Am I the only one that isn't crazy?

Offline Aydoo

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
  • Reputation: +558/-22
    • Aydoodle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: 2.5412885
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 06:10:31 pm »
To the scar-man and the others the obvious path seems the best as the forest gives way to a thick bog/swamp ahead. As the group approaches the mists thicken behind you obscuring the view and path, echoed by the sounds of the local insect wildlife. Slight sounds of thunder can be heard in the distance.

Offline Malavis

  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Reputation: +731/-5
  • Legacy Of The Triangle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: 2.5412885
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 03:27:51 am »
Apparently shaking himself briefly out of his fugue, Cteniz rises into a half-crouch and approaches the rest of the group. He looks up, motioning to the sky and the thunder. He holds his hands wide, reverently.

"I have... Heard... It before. Crashing. Breaking- flashing. It heralds the coming storm." Cteniz pauses, apparently considering the sky for a moment, like an ice sculptor considers a block of ice.
"We should get to shelter."

Offline Aydoo

  • Moderator
  • Antediluvian
  • *****
  • Posts: 1055
  • Reputation: +558/-22
    • Aydoodle
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: 2.5412885
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 04:37:56 pm »
A slight drizzle begins to falll, a few droplets every now and then as the group makes their way forward. The goat-man is left behind and unable to be found, most likely wandering around where they fell, or something else entirely. You all may notice that the rain that falls, isn't the correct color that rain usually is and has a slightly pink-red tint to it, almost like diluted blood. It stains whatever clothing you may be wearing with a similar tint.

Shortly the solid path becomes even more murky as the bog/swamp litterally takes over. The terrain becomes mostly water and muck. At the edges its nearly knee deep, and there is no way of telling the depth further in. The trees in this area are raised, some falling over. Their roots exposed to the world.



You can still see the village in the distance, though it is still some ways away.

Offline Friktion

  • Methuselah
  • ****
  • Posts: 327
  • Reputation: +224/-2
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: 2.5412885
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 08:28:39 am »
Scar-man abruptly stops trudging through the muck.  He waits for all of his companions to move on in front of him and then follows them.  He realizes that it would be easier for him right now to follow instead instead of lead.

"Say..." he begins, "why are we heading to the village?"

Offline Bigpaw

  • Neonate
  • **
  • Posts: 71
  • Reputation: +3/-0
  • Overall weird guy
Re: Fog of the Mind's Eye: IC: 2.5412885
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 03:59:17 pm »
[12] didn't feel like answering scar-man. He had not been impressed by the man's intelligence so far, and he seriously doubted his ultimate usefulness. On the other hand, he had been part of those chosen by the gods to sleep through the Ages, and [12] didn't dare overlook that fact either.

I am heading there because I must. Do as you please.

That done, the bald man turned his attention back to the swamp. The color was troubling him more than he dared admit. He felt like he was not in his world. Would any sane move be actually sane ?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal