collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Slowish New Postings  (Read 6469 times)

Offline Rick Gentle

• Gangrel Playboy
  • Antediluvian
Slowish New Postings
« on: June 03, 2013, 05:41:19 am »
Is anybody else having an issue with typing up a new post or response? For some reason the text I type is lagging behind my typing speed, so it takes at least a few seconds for the input-typing-box-thing (this place where I'm typing this right now) to finish up a paragraph. The longer the post is, the worse it becomes.

I kind of doubt this is a forum problem, but I thought I'd mention it just in case anyway. Internet Explorer updated itself shortly before I noticed this problem, and I've gotten some Windows updates recently as well. D'y'think this is the reason? (It didn't happen with the previous version of Internet Explorer.)
Remember: It's not the size of your fangs that matters; it's what you stick them in.

Offline Signothorn

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
Re: Slowish New Postings
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 05:48:35 am »
I haven't experienced this, if anyone else has, please let us know. I'll look through some admin error logs to see if anything stands out.

Offline Frothy

• Ancillus
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 08:34:56 am »
That's a computer problem.
It sounds like IE is using up all of your system resources, or you're trying to do too much at once.

Also:
Don't use Internet Explorer, that's a good way to get computer AIDS.

Offline Oscar

• Remember
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 03:23:25 pm »
Yea, my guess is IE aswell
My father is Dirty Harry, my mother is Bloody Mary

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 06:00:19 pm »
why are you using IE? that browser is sloooowww and heavy(must be all these microsoft spy checkups), chrome and firefox are far better

Offline Signothorn

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 07:05:58 pm »
Chrome is much better than Internet Exploder. Firefox makes my case fans kick up, but I suspect that's something to do with hardware acceleration.

Offline Rick Gentle

• Gangrel Playboy
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 01:45:31 am »
I don't seem to have the problems with Internet Explorer that a lot of other people have. This problem with the slow-ness is the only one I've had for... many many moons, at least. I sort of luck out with Windows software, it seems.
My dad uses FireFox, but I haven't noticed that it's any better than Internet Explorer. It actually annoys me more, because I'm not used to its quirks.

For my first post today, I didn't have this issue (and it was a looong post). But the second, shorter post did start to get slower. Maybe it has something to do with the number of posts I make in a day?
Remember: It's not the size of your fangs that matters; it's what you stick them in.

Offline Signothorn

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 04:48:22 am »
I cleaned out some of the old error logs and optimized the database tables after reading the first post, it may be faster as a result, idk. There are no settings that would be affected by how many posts one makes a day, I'd encourage more by everyone :justabite:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal