collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Can't update my files on the legacy page  (Read 66 times)

Offline Psycho-A

• Ancillus
  • Bloodlines SDK developer
Can't update my files on the legacy page
« on: October 13, 2018, 12:00:56 AM »
Today I found that I can't update files that I have access rights to under my login. I'm trying to upload new version of file, but whatever I did, the site returns me to initial Edit page after some time, not showing "File updated" info, and instead of my updated files I see old versions again on the download page. What could it be? And has anyone else experienced this?

Offline Signothorn

• God Hates Fangs
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
Re: Can't update my files on the legacy page
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 06:04:18 PM »
Thanks for letting me know. I just messaged Sam on Skype about it, I don't have the technical understanding to figure it out.

Offline samspin

• Administratrix
  • Neonate
Re: Can't update my files on the legacy page
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 07:30:41 PM »
That files area just gets more and more broken every time linux is updated and becomes more incompatible. I cannot find any errors in the logs about any attempts to upload/edit files. Over the past two years efforts have been made to work on migrating the old files area to CMDM, a Wordpress module, but these efforts have stalled. Since a mass migration of the legacy files to CMDM might break the live site if something goes wrong, I have a copy of both the legacy area and the newer wordpress area on a test server so that once migration is successful, I can just overwrite everything on the main server. Every time someone uploads a file I have to copy it to the test site. Every time I post a blog update, I have to copy the same post to the test site to keep both in sync. It's been really irritating for some time. It may well be I'll have to manually download all the files from the legacy area and start uploading them one by one with all the descriptions manually, which is what I've been hoping to avoid as such a prospect sounds tedious and time consuming, as well as a huge mental effort. I really was hoping there'd be a way to automate such a thing. It's so frustrating because although I am very good with keeping things up to date and tinkering, I cannot script and program to save my life. Otherwise I would have done it all myself by now...
Also, Burgermeister is messaging me with problems embedding youtube videos. I'm currently on that in my queue of things to do...
Anyway, as ridiculous as it sounds Psycho-A, please can you PM me with an alternative link to the file you want to upload so I can manually do so and update the database entry myself? It might be the only way so I can debug it my end. Hopefully I can get it working and get the legacy files area to limp along for a little bit longer.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 01:26:08 PM by samspin »

* Game Files