collapse

Author Topic: Suggestions for Changes andor Improvements  (Read 4236 times)

Marked as best answer by on June 16, 2019, 03:30:00 PM

Offline [archive] Skyra_to_Hollow

• Antediluvian
                Now that everybody has had a few days to reflect on the recent events, we're ready to take everybody's thoughts and do something productive.  Feel free to speak openly, but keep the following ground rules in mind:

1. If you complain about something, offer a way to fix it.  Whining without offering solutions is useless.
 2. Keep it productive and on-topic.  Unrelated rants and personal attacks will be deleted.
 3. Think long-term.  A band-aid fix is better than nothing, but we're really looking for solutions that can help the community for months and even years into the future.                        

-----signature-----
           Regards,
 Skyra to Hollow
 Site Director, www.PlanetVampire.com

Offline [archive] WizardofThay14308189

• Fledgling
Re: Suggestions for Changes andor Improvements
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 02:11:00 PM »
                Hi, long time no post, I seem to lurk a lot these days.

a couple of ideas.

1) Mods under the file section perhasp a section linking to mods for redemption and bloodlines. o.k there arn't that many but there are some. people find the mods thread in the forums useful as well.

2) walkthrough sections for redemption and bloodlines? I think there are a few good ones hanging around for either games having them available on the side bar may also be useful.                        

Offline [archive] MooCHa2

• Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 04:54:00 PM »
                You could possibly use that list of vampire myths I posted in the other thread for a monthly feature regarding just one of them. That should give you a few years of updates.

I will have to have a think about this a lot more as there is many different types of people that visit for different reasons.

Regards...

Offline [archive] pistoleman

• Methuselah
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 06:30:00 PM »
                if you could just change the theme of the site and forum, I Like it but its been a long time a Long Long time so i though a reskin would make things more interesting. something even neater and cooler than this one literally !                        

-----signature-----
           How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?

Offline [archive] Signothorn

• Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 06:42:00 PM »

Cloud9m posted:
if you could just change the theme of the site and forum, I Like it but its been a long time a Long Long time so i though a reskin would make things more interesting. something even neater and cooler than this one literally !

While we do have plans to eventually redo the front page when Gamespy/IGN gets back to Skyra on the complete overhaul of the system, would you be open to a theme change, such as the alternate color scheme on our front page? On the FTP, we have the same graphics from our front page in red. I presume it was left over when Dan was working with Gamespy to create the theme for the Bloodlines release. Here's a sample:

Offline [archive] Skyra_to_Hollow

• Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 07:17:00 PM »
                If I recall correctly, that has been around since 2004, but we never did anything with it.  With any luck, we'll also be able to dig out the original PSD (Photoshop) files and tweak the imagery exactly the way we want it.                        

-----signature-----
           Regards,
 Skyra to Hollow
 Site Director, www.PlanetVampire.com

• Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 08:31:00 PM »
                What sort of other ideas are you guys throwing around?

Regards...                        

• Antediluvian
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 08:41:00 PM »

MooCHa2 posted:

Regards...

I think there is mainly a general feeling that we can't have more of the same and are looking to the community for more input so we can put all ideas together and figure out what can be done. Many of the things we have brought up chatting on Hamachi and in the mod forum were mentioned in the past as well as some of the rants during the prank. I can't think of any other specifics but I know we have been open to having more content than just supporting VTM games. We're really open to any feedback (we have always been) but it will be easier to put the ideas together and execute them all at once imo because it will be easier to schedule and delegate who does what after it's all decided.                        

Offline [archive] Wesp5

• Antediluvian
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 06:01:00 AM »
                I think a kind of Bloodlines background FAQ containing known facts and possible speculations on the main page could be good to avoid ever repeating forum questions like:

a) Who is the friend?
 b) Is the cabbie Caine?
 c) What happened on the Dane?                        

• Antediluvian
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 08:33:00 AM »

Signothorn posted:
MooCHa2 posted:

Regards...

I think there is mainly a general feeling that we can't have more of the same and are looking to the community for more input so we can put all ideas together and figure out what can be done. Many of the things we have brought up chatting on Hamachi and in the mod forum were mentioned in the past as well as some of the rants during the prank. I can't think of any other specifics but I know we have been open to having more content than just supporting VTM games. We're really open to any feedback (we have always been) but it will be easier to put the ideas together and execute them all at once imo because it will be easier to schedule and delegate who does what after it's all decided.

Except for mentioning the obvious like games available and movie review type of thing like hammer house of horror vamp flicks, fright night, nosferatu etc, I have a major mental block happening here.

Regards...                        

Offline [archive] pistoleman

• Methuselah
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 08:16:00 AM »
                the redemption page is way off, and needs serious update, besides the incomplete walktrough there is also no discipline guide. if your too busy I can do that for you. the walktrough and the Redemption discipline database ?

also i suggest to unify the both themes of redemption and bloodlines, if your working on a theme try mixing redemption with bloodlines something cool than can be used for both, you dont really have to use true characters, you can used some neat artwork instead ! which both are available at:

http://archive.planetvampire.com/bloodlines/gallery/concept/
 in the above concept using ming xao and the lasombra girl suits more the red Vampire planet design !

and in redemption artwork ecaterina and serena artWork looks quite awesome !

i like it if the general theme becomes red also if you include ming and lasombra maybe jeannette it would be splendid !

but anyway your the genus in the vampire concept here so  guess you know better than me !

Love it !                        

-----signature-----
           How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?

• Antediluvian
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 05:18:00 PM »

Cloud9m posted:
the redemption page is way off, and needs serious update, besides the incomplete walktrough there is also no discipline guide. if your too busy I can do that for you. the walktrough and the Redemption discipline database ?

If you make one, just save it as a .shtml file and PM the link to me. Psyringe did just that with the patches area. Skyra, Jav and I were all chatting on Hamachi at the time and they really liked it so I uploaded it.

"Hiring" more staff is also another option we have but for now, any help like this would be appreciated. When I last updated the Redemption area last year, the work I accomplished took me an entire weekend because I was using FrontPage for the first time. I can't be doing this on all my days off but if the community wants to help out and fix stuff up themselves, we would be delighted to take a look at it and update it frequently. It only takes a couple minutes to upload the file, I can certainly manage that.                        

• Antediluvian
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 05:40:00 PM »

MooCHa2 posted:

Except for mentioning the obvious like games available and movie review type of thing like hammer house of horror vamp flicks, fright night, nosferatu etc, I have a major mental block happening here.

Regards...

Yeah, it's been a year or two (I think) since this has been brought up in the forum. I think we as a forum know what we are now but don't know what we should become in terms of content. As it was mentioned also in the past, should we keep the name "PlanetVampire" when the MMO is released, considering it covers all of the NWOD or just be about supporting vampire-related games, where the MMO will fall into. We have been supportive of other WW PNP games in the roleplay area so it may not be such a stretch that we would HAVE to change the name but this is really the purpose of this thread, to get the forum's input.                        

Offline [archive] Psyringe

• Fledgling
Suggestions for Changes andor Improvements
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2009, 11:43:00 AM »
                Some things that I kind of missed when I bought Bloodlines and found this site a few weeks ago:

- A FAQ for common technical problems of the game.

- A more complete list of mods, or at least links to a site that has more mods than PV.

- A good walkthrough that's up to date with wesp's unofficial patch.

- More information about the game - enemies, weapon comparisons, etc.

- A stickied forum thread which clears up recurring issues like the Cabbie/Caine controversy.

- Moderators that care more for the tone of discussion in the board, and intervene if people start insulting each other.

Most of these suggestions could be done in a day or two. The necessity for further updates is rather small since the game doesn't change any more - wesp's patch does though, but he lists his changes in the readme, so updating any walkthrough could be done quickly.

Thanks for uploading my updates "Patches" page so quickly. I think most of the suggestions above could be done in a similar fashion, it "just" requires someone to do the initial work. That won't be me in these cases (other obligations arte kicking in, and my interest in Bloodlines is declining now after having finished the game twice - I'll probably come back to it in a year or two, but until then I'll focus on other things), but I hope that more people in this community take the opportunity to improve the site. happy