collapse

Author Topic: Official PlanetVampire Trivia Episode 5 - "Brujah and Ventrue, and Malks, Oh My"  (Read 9410 times)

Offline [archive] Signothorn

• Antediluvian
                This trivia episode is 3 part:

1. Which clan(s) show up in Redemption, but are absent in Bloodlines?

2. Which clan(s) show up in Bloodlines, but are absent in Redemption?

3. Which clan(s) are absent in both games?

And for extra credit, include any relevant bloodlines in your answer.                        

-----signature-----
           Regards,
 Skyra to Hollow
 Site Director, www.PlanetVampire.com

Offline [archive] arathalion_5

• Antediluvian
                In Reply To #1
 1)Cappadocian
 Followers of Set
 Assamite

2)none of the 13 major clans... so unless you count caitiff.

3)ravanos, salubri

there are lasombra in the sabbat hotel downtown, though im not sure if you want to count those 3.

the bloodlines, there is prisha, the naga- something, i dont remember the spelling. it is the one that eats flesh. does not appear in redemption.

if memory serves me, the shriff is a tzimisce offshoot from africa.

are we counting gargouals as a caln... well, they are in both so it doesnt matter.

tis possible i missed something

[added Jan 22 2007  6:24AM]

oh, i included the 7 camarilla clan's on the bloodlines count, as you can play them

and im assuming that you are not including the cathayans                        

-----signature-----
           im going back to my fence

Offline [archive] ElGostro

• Antediluvian
                Sheriff bes Nagloper (I think I heards it be an african bloodline o the tzimmies)
 Pisha be Nicktutu (as in Nick be wearing a Tutu!)

Offline [archive] Skyra_to_Hollow

• Antediluvian
                So far so good, guys.  I could be suffering brain damage, but I don't remember any Lasombra in the Hollowbrook Hotel.  Do elaborate!

Also, there is one clan or bloodline that I expect the vast majority of players to miss.
 ...which one, which one?                        

-----signature-----
           Regards,
 Skyra to Hollow

Offline [archive] Dante_Malice

• Antediluvian
                In Reply To #4

Skyra to Hollow posted:

So far so good, guys.  I could be suffering brain damage, but I don't remember any Lasombra in the Hollowbrook Hotel.  Do elaborate!</quote>

Could referring to the guy at the top of the stairs, not sure though...

<quote by="Skyra to Hollow">Also, there is one clan or bloodline that I expect the vast majority of players to miss.
 ...which one, which one?

Miss how? You mean forget about?

Samedi, Daughters of Cacophany.                        

-----signature-----
           Alive and well in this livin' hell...

• Antediluvian
                In Reply To #4
 heh, well, havent played in ages.

but, i do remember that there is a large room with 3 teleporting guys. (didnt notice it myself as i tend to like sneaking up behind them and running them through.

but i picked up the official walk through one day and was having a flip through... think i was board and waiting to meet someone, but i flipped to the hollow brook hotel and saw the word lasombra and started reading.
 so i went back and ran in to the room and sure enough these 3 guys would disappear in a kind of black cloud and be on the other side of the room whenever you got close to them. this power was explained of as shadow step (name?) the level 6 power that lets those that wield obtenebration use shadow as a mode of transport in the book.

i was rather disappointed that the only fight three 7th gen lasombra put up was in the bit where they ran away.

oh, and i do believe that gostro got the bloodlines mixed up. prisha is the nagloper. they eat flesh.                        

-----signature-----

• Antediluvian
                Oh yeahs,oopsies!hehehes

There be some tzimmie bloodline o the ebony lands that I be thinkin the sheriff be comins froms!                        

• Antediluvian
                In Reply To #6
 Fascinating.  Despite multiple playthroughs, I never saw them use Shadow Step...probably because my preferred weapon at that point was always the Steyr Aug.

Pisha is Nagaraja, a bloodline rumored to have been accidentally created by the Euthanatos Mage tradition (ala the Tremere).  They also have connections with Wraiths and even Mummies.  I still think she's one of Troika's best-written characters, and one that stays very true to White Wolf's original vision of the bloodline.

The Sheriff is most likely a Nagloper, which is a Laibon (Ebony Kingdom) legacy of the Eldest One and his descendents, the Tzimisce.  The cold war between the Ventrue and the Guruhi could easily have led an outcast Nagloper to seek shelter from the Guruhi by leaving Africa under the protection of an ambitious Ventrue (LaCroix).  Like all Laibon, the Sheriff is more or less unbound by the constraints of Humanity, making him the perfect man for the job.

And since you guys are building upon one another's insights, I'll change the rules up a bit.  The trivia winner will be the person who identifies and places the one super obscure vampire clan or bloodline that shows up in one game, but not the other.  It's even mentioned by name, leaving no doubt as to its identity.                        

-----signature-----
           Regards,
 Skyra to Hollow

• Antediluvian
                In Reply To #8
 Baali? (I`m just gonna throw out Clan names until someone gets it)                        

-----signature-----

• Antediluvian
                In Reply To #8
 i knew there was a j in there... i should have just checked a book.

-----signature-----

• Antediluvian
                PLease be it not the kyasid or those egyptian fellers o isis!                        

Offline [archive] Skinweaver

• Antediluvian
                In Reply To #8

Redemption?
 The Assamite hiding out in the shape of a British Brujah (Pink), intending to assassinate that fat Giovannifellow?
 Not super obscure so I'm wrong but it was fun to guess.                        

• Antediluvian
                In Reply To #12
 wait.... its not like the sabbat nosferatu from redemption is it. techinicaly he is of a bloodline, and they are not in bloodlines
 or is it the true brujah that they botched up in redemption?

[added Jan 23 2007  5:45PM]

orsi was pure ventrue yes?....
 then he joined the sabbat.

gahhhhhhhhhhhhh

im missing a character!!!!                        

-----signature-----

• Antediluvian
                In Reply To #13
 Dante: The Baali aren't in either PC game.  I see that as a good thing, since they are one of the bloodlines that are mangled (from a Storytelling standpoint) most often.

Gostro: I think you're referring to the Children of Osiris, which don't show up either.

Arathalion: Good guess about the Trujah, but that would be too obvious.

A word on Antitribu: unless they have a Path of Enlightenment, a Discipline, or a clan weakness different from their parent clan, it's hard to justify calling them a distinct bloodline.  The one I'm talking about is one so "out there" that most Cainites would be incredulous about whether they existed at all.  The few Cainites who know about them wisely avoid them like the plague...unless of course they have some special arrangement from some ancient alliance.                        

-----signature-----
           Regards,
 Skyra to Hollow

• Antediluvian
                In Reply To #14

Skyra to Hollow posted:

In Reply To #13
 Dante: The Baali aren't in either PC game.

Shows how long it`s been since I played Redemption, I can`t even remember the later parts of the game at all.                        

-----signature-----