collapse

Author Topic: Member of the Week for 3 February 2007 Azrael  (Read 3300 times)

Offline [archive] Signothorn

• Antediluvian
Re: Member of the Week for 3 February 2007 Azrael
« on: February 03, 2007, 04:48:00 PM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 This interview was held a few days ago, but it took a little while to get the logistics worked out for publishing it.  Anyway, here it is.  Enjoy.

Azrael: Oh hang on a sec, I'm IMing with this girl and she’s telling me about her hot tub....
     Skyra to Hollow:: make sure it's not a dude (unless you're into dudes)
     Azrael: no i actually know her.  into dudes....hmph.  alright let get down to it
     Skyra to Hollow:: ok, how have you been this week?
     Azrael (9:44 PM) : very tired. I was dealing with my mid-terms all week.
     Skyra to Hollow:: what do you think about school, overall?
     Azrael: Its a chore really. I don't learn much I don't already know. Of course, it does afford me the opportunity to socialize, so it]s not all bad.
     Skyra to Hollow:: you live on the East coast, right?
     Azrael: Mhmm. I live in the ‘burbs north of New York City.
     Skyra to Hollow:: Near Newport?
     Azrael: I don't think so.
     Skyra to Hollow:: Do you work weekends, or do you take it easy?
     Azrael: I'm between jobs right now, so i suppose i take it easy.
     Skyra to Hollow:: Are you looking for any particular job, or just something for some extra cash?
     Azrael: Just something for extra cash. I don’t really care where I work at this point in my life.
     Skyra to Hollow:: When does the school year finish up?
     Azrael: June 24. kiss (
     Skyra to Hollow:: Wow.  They like to keep you guys around right up to the start of summer, huh?
     Azrael: Yeah, its terrible.  My last school got out on June 6
     Skyra to Hollow:: Sounds more like it.  In my senior year, we graduated on May 7
     Azrael: ah! Lucky. When did you start the year?
     Skyra to Hollow:: late August.  And you?
     Azrael: this year started September 4th
     Skyra to Hollow:: So, have you put much thought into what you want to do after you get out of that place?
     Azrael: Actually, yeah I have. Right now I'm "powerleveling" (o snap! RPG pun) my grades so ill have good transcripts to go with what I hope will be good SAT scores. I'm going to apply to some schools in NYC (NYU, Columbia, etc) and whatever i get into, I'm planning on Majoring in Film and Minoring in English. I want to write/direct my own movies.
     Skyra to Hollow:: Sounds like fun.  Do you do a lot of writing already?
     Azrael: I sure do.
     Skyra to Hollow:: What kind of stuff?
     Azrael: Examples of my unparalleled skillz are on PV...but not many. I usually write short stories. The subjects vary. Usually fantasy fiction, with some historical fiction thrown in. I've also written some essays on Vampirism and its appeal to certain groups of people, and I'm working on a horror/suspense screenplay for a student film ill be making...eventually.
     Skyra to Hollow:: Are you ready to disclose any details about your screenplay at this point?
     Azrael: Its only half finished, but i suppose it couldn’t hurt.  What do you want to know?
     Skyra to Hollow:: just a quick overview, maybe a little info about the inspiration behind it
     Azrael: Hmmm....well really it's your standard demons, teenagers, strange little girls, zombies, and explosions love story. It's my first screenplay so I wasn’t trying to make anything too grandiose. i was inspired by an acquaintance of mine who makes splatter flicks. He got me into directing, but i already liked to write, so just brought them together.  The synopsis is basically...*shuffles through notes*  A group of teenagers camping in the woods find a little girl and save her from zombies, then spend the rest of the night trying to protect her from them and the 'demon' who sent them after her for unknown reasons. Surprise twist ending (m. night. shyamalan-style) most definitely included. Lots of Clerks-esque dialogue bits between the two main protagonists to flesh it out.
     Skyra to Hollow:: You mentioned that your friend makes splatter films.  Are there a lot of people from your school who are into this sort of film making?
     Azrael: Not that I know of.  Its not really something i talk about that much, so i wouldn't really know who else is into it.

Skyra to Hollow:: I understand.  Did your enjoyment of horror films lead to your interest in vampires, or was it the other way around?
     Azrael: Other way around.  Vampires were an intellectual curiosity of mine. I had another friend who was wholly obsessed with the Anne Rice novels, and who played Bloodlines. He pretty much got me into the whole vampire mindset.
     Skyra to Hollow:: How long ago was that?
     Azrael: 2004, in the summer I think. I used to come over and watch him play bloodlines, and he lent me Interview with the Vampire to read. after I read it, I was hooked. I bought Bloodlines a few months later, and when i finished it, i went looking for the unofficial patches and slammed my proverbial forehead into PV. and here we are.
     Skyra to Hollow:: What about the site (or who) keeps you coming back?
     Azrael: Well I'm involved in all the active RPs on the boards, C-L's "Covering Tracks", Valoris' "PV Vamp Club Scene", and now Valoris' Thief interactive story as well. But i come back to hear El Gostro make no sense, and to banter with Slayden, and to talk to The Vampire Dante, and to listen to C-L bitch about how his life sucks. and of course, for Umnir's drunken rants....I've said it before, but I like to think of PV as the internet version of Cheers, ever see it?
     Skyra to Hollow:: Yes, I saw that one.  A good description.
     Azrael: Its a nice place to hang out when I’m on the interweb.  
     Skyra to Hollow:: Is there anything about the site that you would like to see changed or improved?
     Azrael: Not really. I'd like to see some new regulars added to the mix, but with the MMO on the way, I'm sure we will.
     Skyra to Hollow:: Yeah, the staff has held some discussions about how to manage a potential influx of new gamers without losing the atmosphere we've maintained for the last few years.
     Azrael: Any good ideas come out of it?
     Skyra to Hollow:: A few.  But I must say...you're one of the younger members of our community.  Has that been a good thing, a bad thing, or neither?
     Azrael: One of the nice things about PV is, if you carry yourself well, your age doesn’t really matter all that much. I'd go so far as to say I'm intellectually equal to most of the PV regulars, so it doesn't come into play that much. Plus, I'm better looking then most (;-)), so being younger then most doesn’t really bother me.
     Skyra to Hollow:: Well said.  What do you see in the community's future?
     Azrael: A barrage of questions we've all answered 1000000 times from MMO newbies. I can hardly wait. :-X

Skyra to Hollow:: What do you think of the MMO itself?
     Azrael: I'm REALLY excited about it. It'll be years before it's out i know, but I love MMORPG's and I love Vampires, so it’s a win-win. Even if it is Requiem (which i know almost nothing about), its definitely going to be a huge step forward for the community and for WoD in general.
     Skyra to Hollow:: Would you be more willing or less willing to play the MMO if it required a somewhat comprehensive understanding of the WoD-verse in order to really "get it?"
     Azrael: Personally, I'd be more willing. Being involved in the RPs on the thread (and Slayden's dusty librarian perfectionist bent) had made me do a lot of research in oWoD. It's very interesting stuff, and I'm sure the nWoD will be just as interesting, if not more so. It might be a deterrent for newbies to the WoD games, but that could be a good thing. If EVERYONE was playing WoD games, we at PV wouldn't get to feel as e133t as we do now, would we?
     Skyra to Hollow:: Fair enough.  What do you suggest we do to pass the time until the game comes out?
     Azrael: Strip Poker?  Seriously though...I suppose we'll just have to keep biding our time. Maybe something worthwhile will come out between now and then to tide us over. I heard Gothic 3 was a disappointment...Then again, Javokis did have this dream, where everyone on PV tried to meet up in real life...now THAT would be something....
     Skyra to Hollow:: Yeah, it would.  Personally, I've met 3 members of the community over the years.
     Azrael: Oh? Who?
     Skyra to Hollow:: 5 if you count the devs who stopped by a couple times.  And no, I won't say who.
     Azrael: Aw, you can tell me Skyra, I’m trustworthy...sort of....
     Skyra to Hollow:: Maybe some other time.
     Azrael: Yeah yeah. All I’m saying is, one huge reunion...in a major city, NYC or somewhere, would be...interesting.
     Skyra to Hollow:: Yeah, we should have a LARP, and then a big drunken party afterwards.
     Azrael: You read my mind, maybe bring it up in the next staff meeting
     Skyra to Hollow:: Heh.  Well, Sig is in Virginia and a few others aren't too far away, but it would be a BIT of a walk for Valoris, me, and some of our Australian members
     Azrael: yeah well they would have to WANT it then wouldn't they.  I would fly pretty far to see us all together in one place
     Skyra to Hollow:: :-P  Yeah, me too.
     Azrael: btw, I’m reading you last post....skyra - Aww, jeez. There are pussy lips in that shot.  Classic.  We should have a feature "quote of the week"
     Skyra to Hollow:: Save it now if you want it...I just removed it.
     Azrael: Gah.  Killjoy
     Skyra to Hollow:: uh...scratch that.  I removed the wrong one. lol
     Azrael: Lol.  mm...lol is such a misleading term. It should be "lqtm"- laugh quietly to myself. that would be closer to the truth, most  times.
     Skyra to Hollow:: Well, is there anything else that you want to touch on, or clarify while we're here?
     Azrael: Err....nothing really comes to mind. Its not as if I’m very secretive on the boards. It’s pretty much me there (although I do wax a little over-the-top Toreadorish form time to time...but I do that irl too).
     Skyra to Hollow:: It's quite alright.  Thanks you for coming out and doing this interview.
     Azrael: You kidding? I’m sitting at my desk half naked!  This is the easiest interview I’ve ever done :-D
     Skyra to Hollow:: Oh...I'll clean up the formatting and try to get it posted within 24 hours.  In the meantime I have to go get some food, then it's back to work.
     Azrael: Alright. thanks for giving me the opportunity to take the spotlight.
     Skyra to Hollow:: No problem.  Take care; I'll see you around
     Azrael: Defiantly.  rofl...pussy lips...                        

-----signature-----
               Regards,
     Skyra to Hollow
     Site Director, www.PlanetVampire.com

Offline [archive] BlackRussian36

• Ancillus
    « Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 08:03:00 PM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 Cool interview.

And Az IS a damn good writer.

Although I'm new, I have seen quite a bit of his "writing" across this board and it is really good.

He doesn't carry himself like a "normal" 16 year-old and that's also a good thing.

I must say, I was DEFINITELY surprised when I found out his age.

Cheers.                        

Offline [archive] ElGostro

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 11:33:00 PM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 But normal he be nots!
     He e 17896587387638726378 aeons old in microsmalliprocariotal cell years!                        

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 01:30:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 In Reply To #3

LQTM... Good interview.                        

Offline [archive] RakishAzrael

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 01:39:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 *bows*                        

-----signature-----

~Becuase 300,000 screaming fans can't be wrong~    

Offline [archive] Vongetta

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 06:16:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 I keep thinking to myself as I read the interview, that Azrael definitely has two sides to him...two sides to him..                        

-----signature-----
               "Only the insane equate pain with success." - Cheshire Cat, American McGee's Alice
     Currently playing: Samantha James - Rain

Offline [archive] ElGostro

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 07:13:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 The problem be when our coin on neither face but on it s sidey be fallin!                        

Offline [archive] RakishAzrael

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 12:40:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 the azrael commemorative 2 sided coin::

Front:

Back:

-----signature-----

~Becuase 300,000 screaming fans can't be wrong~    

Offline [archive] Azraelthe7thMurderer

• Fledgling
    « Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 02:58:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 He definitely has two sides of him.

A toreador writer and a demon soul reaper.

Not bad.  wink                        

• Antediluvian
    Member of the Week for 3 February 2007 Azrael
    « Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 02:07:00 PM »