collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: It's not a joke this time )  (Read 5743 times)

Offline [archive] ZylonBane

• Methuselah
Re: It's not a joke this time )
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2010, 04:09:00 PM »

Skyra_to_Hollow posted:
The only limitation I've imposed on this process is in regards to the content generated by IGN itself: original site graphics, photos taken by IGN staff, or anything else over which they can claim a copyright.  Just about everything else is fair game.  I'm handling the legal aspects of all of this, so if you guys have any questions or concerns, please ask.

So are you legally allowed to continue calling the site "Planet Vampire"?                        

-----signature-----
           ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.

Offline [archive] Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 06:54:00 PM »

Signothorn posted:
Radical21 posted:
Yeah Who pays for Domain now that IGN/Gamespy stop supporting you?

We have the new server/domain for at least another year, it's set to automatic renewal. Donations aren't needed this year but who knows what next year will bring?

Thought so, I recommend putting an ad on the domain to make some revenue because Ill be stright with you its not for lack of love but im not going to put out money for donations and since I hate to see this site goes down or running desperate out of lack of donation money(Iv seen sites with bigger communitys running into trouble like that) I think the sooner you get this secure the better. I know people dont mind gaming related ad on the forum as long as its not popups and I vaguely recall 1 or 2 on the old front page which IGN probably uses to pay for the domain or at the very least do some awkward poll to see where you stand on this because better to find out sooner than later in this case.

Offline [archive] Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 07:04:00 PM »

Radical21 posted:
Signothorn posted:
Radical21 posted:
Yeah Who pays for Domain now that IGN/Gamespy stop supporting you?

We have the new server/domain for at least another year, it's set to automatic renewal. Donations aren't needed this year but who knows what next year will bring?

Thought so, I recommend putting an ad on the domain to make some revenue because Ill be stright with you its not for lack of love but im not going to put out money for donations and since I hate to see this site goes down or running desperate out of lack of donation money(Iv seen sites with bigger communitys running into trouble like that) I think the sooner you get this secure the better. I know people dont mind gaming related ad on the forum as long as its not popups and I vaguely recall 1 or 2 on the old front page which IGN probably uses to pay for the domain or at the very least do some awkward poll to see where you stand on this because better to find out sooner than later in this case.

ZylonBane posted:

So are you legally allowed to continue calling the site "Planet Vampire"?

I dont see Trade Mark or Copyright on the name on other Planet Sites. I think IGN will only start caring when WoDMMO comes out if at all.

Offline [archive] Dark666Prophet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 02:18:00 AM »
                I'm interested to see what all might be done with the site, though my only complaint has been that I couldn't get to "Active Topics" ASAP like I used to be able to.                        

Offline [archive] Signothorn

• Antediluvian
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 03:50:00 AM »
                I did just create an active topics button on the top of the page. I'll eventually learn how to make drop-down menus but it's not a huge priority right now.                        

Offline [archive] Skyra_to_Hollow

• Antediluvian
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 06:07:00 AM »
                As for the name...

wink  We're all over it.                        

-----signature-----
           Regards,
 Skyra to Hollow
 Site Director, www.PlanetVampire.com

Offline [archive] Dark666Prophet

• Antediluvian
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2010, 10:46:00 PM »
                I found the Active Topics option on the starting page so it's all good now. =D                        

Offline [archive] AlphaEridani

• Fledgling
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2010, 04:48:00 PM »
                Thanks for your work on this website!                        

-----signature-----
           Worlds of Darkness: speculations and wild hypotheses
 http://www.alphaeridani.com/search/label/wod

Offline [archive] Umnir

• Antediluvian
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2010, 05:13:00 AM »
                Well, Im honest and I'll say that I don't like the new banner of the PV. Is the staff open for new graphical design suggestions?                        

-----signature-----
           It's an animal thing

• Antediluvian
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2010, 05:58:00 AM »
                We need a new banner for the files area first but we're always open to suggestions. We need some banners made and we could even rotate them. I didn't really care for the new banner at first but it's grown on me. Show us what you've got and if people like it better then we'll try it out. It should match the color scheme of the theme we're using though. This can even be an ongoing thing. The current banner isn't specific to either of the two games that are already released and I believe Jav did that on purpose. I think we need to be forward-looking to the MMO so that was good thinking on his part. We aren't stagnating anymore, we're honoring the past but moving straight ahead. Damn, my sleeping pills are kicking in.                        

Offline [archive] Umnir

• Antediluvian
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2010, 10:09:00 AM »
                I'll try making something this weekend.                        

-----signature-----
           It's an animal thing

Offline [archive] Skyra_to_Hollow

• Antediluvian
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2010, 03:44:00 PM »
                I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.  As we said before, our main focus has been on structure and content.  The graphics are important, but they haven't been as important as getting the site on its feet.  Now that the site structure is more stable and the content is better fleshed out, we're totally open to any input or contributions from all of you.                        

-----signature-----
           Regards,
 Skyra to Hollow
 Site Director, www.PlanetVampire.com

Offline [archive] Umnir

• Antediluvian
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2010, 12:56:00 PM »
                FUUUUUUUUU!
 Didn't have time I suppose, but I'll try ASAP.                        

-----signature-----
           It's an animal thing

Offline [archive] Rhomal

• Neonate
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2010, 02:30:00 PM »

Signothorn posted:

For now, we'll be keeping the current forum until 1)We need more moderators/admins. 2)We need to add more content and really have no other options. 3.)Forumplanet pulls the plug on us, or it just takes a crap like our front page and nobody on IGN's side is willing to fix it.

We have a plan in place if any of the above happens.

I really think that's a bad idea. I know you think the world will end if you re-start on fresh forums but people will re-post, create new history. By sticking with these forums you are simply just getting in deeper and deeper and creating a domino effect. 'we cant drop these forums because of all the posting history' yet the longer you stay on them the deeper the history goes so you are even inclined less. If what you say about the support for the planet network is true its silly NOT to assume its only a matter of time before the same happens to these forums. Make the change now while its still under your control rather then until they pull the plug.

Posting history really isn't THAT critical. If you have a good community it will be a hiccup little more. I just had a database crash, lost over 3 months of postings. My community shrugged and didn't miss a beat. Posting away and making up for it. I am getting 6-8 new posts a day more so then BEFORE the crash! LOL                        

-----signature-----
           Admin of World of Darkness Online News
 http://www.wodonlinenews.net

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

• Antediluvian
It's not a joke this time )
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2010, 02:49:00 PM »
                Yeah, "We'll do it live" Saturday, the stickied threads just haven't been posted yet. We're told there still may be a way to archive old thread data without access to the forumplanet database but it's unknown what's involved to do it. We'll be switching forums starting Saturday though. Nobody's being forced to come with us but there will no longer be forum moderation or any staff support here after that time.                        

* Game Files