collapse

* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: An Update on PlanetVampire's Status  (Read 355 times)

Offline Signothorn

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
An Update on PlanetVampire's Status
« on: January 02, 2023, 07:13:48 pm »
Hello everyone,

I wish I'd be writing you during better times. On the 26th of December, Samspin, the site director of PlanetVampire suddenly passed away. This has devastated basically anyone whose life he touched, and it's a long list. He was such a special, intelligent and wonderful person. When I was losing interest in VtM, he stepped in and did amazing work to keep this site updated, secure, and helped many others in the community as well. I don't want to turn this thread into a complete eulogy from me, but feel free to express your thanks to Sam and tribute him in any way below.

As far as the future of PlanetVampire goes, Phoebe aka RaggedRobin will eventually take over the site. I met Sam and her through the Redemption community, and up until this point, they were still playing online chronicles together. She is a very intelligent and funny nerd like the rest of us, and was so close to Sam they considered each other brother and sister. She is not only grieving at this time, but is also helping others in Sam's life, so you may not see her pop in for a little bit, but she wants to honor Sam and run the site. I will help her how I can during this time and be more active however I can.

One of the challenges so far was server access. Sam hosted the site on his own server in his bedroom. It's been challenging because my credentials were no longer working, but another close friend had a login, so I can at least access the root of the server, along with the sites he was hosting. I don't have any webdev background though, so idk where his databases may be in all of it. If anyone I've known for some time has this kind of background and wishes to help us ensure we can have complete control over PV again, please send me a PM. I can already backup the sites with root ftp access, which I'll do over the next few days. When we have more information, I'll update this thread.

Thanks,

Signothorn

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
Re: An Update on PlanetVampire's Status
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 07:18:02 am »
Damn, that's sad to hear. I didn't know this guy nor I understand the reach of his work here but I bet he was great. Lots of hugs.

A great welcome for RaggedRobin, I hope it will be a great place to hang around.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 02:01:50 pm by Wesp5 »
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline CrocMagnum

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 07:02:15 pm »

Thank you for the heads up, Signothorn! This is a sad news indeed.

I would like to express my sincere condolescences to Samspin's Family, his Friends and everybody who loved him. I will remember him.

I wish also the best for Team that will carry on with his work here on PlanetVampire. Sincere Good Luck to you all.
"You're too loud, police girl. I don't care if you are a vampire. You're still English; have some manners." (Integra Hellsing, Hellsing Ultimate)

Offline Raishir

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2023, 01:37:31 am »
I apologize in advance for any mistakes in the text because I am not a native speaker and my level of English is not the best. Even now, I sometimes helped myself with translator.

Those are very sad news. I want to express my sincere condolences to all his loved ones, family and friends. I registered here less than a year ago when I was looking for a roleplay group. I had the honor to play a few roleplay sessions with him and his friends, including RaggedRobin. From what I read about him here on website and the few moments from playing together, he seemed like a nice friendly guy. It was my first roleplay experience where English was actively spoken, which is not my native language. It was an unforgettable experience for me at that moment. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to get closer to him and get to know him better because I wasn't very communicative, mainly due the language barrier. That makes me really sad. I hope that you will be able to find someone who you know well and who will help you so that this page and with it a piece of his work and, thus also his legacy, that will remind us of him stay here with us. I am immensely grateful to him for maintaining this site and the VTM community. This universe and games belongs to one of my favourites. I will also try to ask a few friends and acquaintances who I know might be involved in website management if they would be able to help with the issues described here. If I will manage to find someone and you happen to be unable to find anyone by that time, I will contact you later. Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll succeed!

Rest in peace Samspin.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 10:18:41 am by Wesp5 »
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it. - Voltaire

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2023, SimplePortal