collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: 18 August 2006 - Codename "Gaze Mod"  (Read 3340 times)

Offline [archive] Gaze_Mod

• Fledgling
Re: 18 August 2006 - Codename "Gaze Mod"
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 11:44:00 AM »
                In Reply To #15

Xaltar posted:

In Reply To #1
 Czud has signed up with the team now too, I will post updates here and on my forums for those who are interested wink

[added Nov 15 2006  6:00AM]

ANNOUNCEMENT
 Please read

http://vampiresgaze.igniseus.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2656#2656

Thankyou

Bump                        

Offline [archive] XaItar

• Neonate
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2006, 05:31:00 AM »
                In Reply To #16
 OK guys, I figured I should explain the situation better here. When I wrote the last post I was extreemly frustrated. I have been trying to contact Nihilistic and Activision about Redemption for over six months. I have reached an impass with redemptions limitations and lack of tools. This mod is being put on hold indefinately. Without a good exorter for 3DsMAX and NO animation functionality an any 3d app (except Maya 3 which I have not been able to find) the ideas and plans we had made are just not possible with this game at this time. I have broken my back trying to get the developer to release the source code (as it is a very old game) or at the very least, an update on the SDK so it can be used with newer versions of Maya and an update of Embrace so its more stable. You have no idea how frustrating it is working with a map for days only to have the editor crash every time you try to compile your weeks worth of labor. So, if anyone wants this project to go ahead then start emailing Nihilistic and demanding/asking nicely for the source code to be released for both the game and Embrace.

I am not doing this lightly, I HATE not finishing what I start but sometimes the obsticles leave me no choice and I would rather not finish than make a poor excuse of what I intended. I will at some point release a few models and some new environment texture packs for the origional game but that is all I am prepaired to do untill the source is available.

Thanks for your support
 Xaltar and the Gaze Team                        

-----signature-----

Offline [archive] Azraelthe7thMurderer

• Fledgling
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2007, 08:45:00 PM »
                In Reply To #15
 Is this thing still in progress?

If so, I'd like to place my canditature for modeling and texturing.

I recently grew confident enough in both those areas to start modifying the already existing character models in Redemption, and would very much like to contribute in any way.                        

Offline [archive] Javokis

• Antediluvian
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2007, 04:47:00 AM »
                In Reply To #18

He plans to do a less ambitious mod for the Redemption game. You can find out more at the forum of his website. The only thing that is bringing him back to modding Redemption is the possibility of a nad(animation) exporter for Freyja.                        

-----signature-----
           "There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

Offline [archive] Azraelthe7thMurderer

• Fledgling
18 August 2006 - Codename "Gaze Mod"
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2007, 04:10:00 PM »
                In Reply To #19
 Yeah, I read about it a bit after I posted.

It's a shame, but the new direction should be the best option for now.                        

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal